TESTERS WANTED! ×

Best Golf Games to Play on the Course?

4 minutes ago, PurePuttsGolf said:

What are your favorite golf games to play on the course?  With money/without money?  Games with players of all skill levels?

Few of my favorites:

Team Quota system

Bingo Bango Bongo - great game for players of all skill levels

5-3-1 (best game for 3 players, in my opinion)

Not gonna lie, I wish there was an FAQ about golf games because when I get up to the first tee and the other guys mention a game name I just nod along having ZERO clue what the rules of the game are or how to even play a lot of times, lol. Anybody want to put together an FAQ for us clueless golfers? 🤣

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Thats a great idea, have it pinned to the top too.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue Sub Zero 9* stiff

Wood: :adams-small: Tight Lies TI 3 wood stiff

Hybrid: :callaway-small: XR 3 19 deg stiff

Irons: :mizuno-small:  JPX 900 Tour std loft/lie

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 52,56,60

Putter: :odyssey-small: #7 Red

Ball: :srixon-small: Q-Star

12.9 Handicap

Comox Valley, B.C. 🇨🇦

3 hours ago, PurePuttsGolf said:

What are your favorite golf games to play on the course?  With money/without money?  Games with players of all skill levels?

Few of my favorites:

Team Quota system

Bingo Bango Bongo - great game for players of all skill levels

5-3-1 (best game for 3 players, in my opinion)

I have been wanting to try l bingo bango bongo! It's a great game for developing etiquette. 

I have played one putt poker a few times. 

One putt poker:

Everyone buys in for said amount and gets one playing card. For any one putt you get an additional card. Any hole out gets two cards. Score on the hole doesn't matter at all. Player with the best poker hand at the end wins. Ties are broken by the player with more cards or split. All you need is a deck of cards per foursome. 

Another game is "Polies"

Anyone who makes a putt longer than the flag stick is immediately paid $1 from the other players ( including hole outs). You just carry a few bills to pass around during the round.

Both are Great games for higher handicappers because score doesn't matter. 

Edited by Buffly
Really bad/funny auto correction that was out of place

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Buffly said:

I have been wanting to try l bingo bango bongo! It's a great game for developing etiquette. 

One putt poker:

Everyone buys in for said amount and gets one playing card. For any one putt you get an additional card. Any hole out gets two cards. Score on the hole doesn't matter at all. Player with the best poker hand at the end wins. Ties are broken by the player with more cards or split. All you need is a deck of cards per foursome. 

Another game is "Polies"

Anyone who makes a putt longer than the flag stick is immediately paid $1 from the other players ( including hole outs). You just carry a few bills to pass around during the round.

Both are Great games for higher handicappers because score doesn't matter. 

Haven't played the one putt poker but sounds like a fun one, for sure

3 hours ago, down to earth said:

The game teaches good manners and respect, and this is something golfer's should be very proud of! Golf is fun to play if the golf course is  Green, Good and Easy.

There are many golf games to play on the course. For example-

1. For Beginner : Topshot Rookie
  2. For intermediate: Toppressure or topscramble
  3. For Advance: Qucik9 expert

My personal Fav is Toppressure.

I haven't heard of those. Can you explain them?

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

I'm still very intrigued by the game of Wolf Hammer, but I do not have deep enough pockets for it lol.

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I don't know what other people call it but a popular game at our club for the standard foursome is called "Snaggle" usually combined with some sort of match play, usually "Corners" . This can add a lot of excitement to your regular weekend game. You can make it as cheap or as expensive as you want and you don't necessarily need to be the greatest golfer to win some money. The socring and points go as follows:

You will need  two score cards (one for the matches and one for the Snaggle scoring.)

Corners is basically a two man best ball match play format(handicapped), lowest net score wins the hole for the team. Points aren't carried over if there is a tie. Teams switch every 6 holes. So you end up being on a team with everyone in the group at some point, to decide the teams we usually go Cart vs cart, drivers vs passengers, then passenger/driver vs driver/passenger. But any other variation will work. A dollar is paid out to the winners from each match. Most you can lose is $6 .

Snaggle, here is the fun part of the game, and can get pretty interesting. We usually play each point/tick is worth $1.

The idea of snaggle is you get rewarded for 1-putts and punished for 3-putts. If snaggle is in play you get 1 point/tick for making a 1-putt, nothing happens if you 2-putt, and everyone else in the group gets a tick if you 3-putt

You can call snaggle at anytime as long as you are a flag stick's length away or more from the hole, and its your first putt. You cannot call snaggle after you putt once already. (a putt from the fringe is not deemed a putt)

You can also call snaggle off the green if you are feeling lucky but you must hole out with 2 strokes or risk losing a point to everyone in the group.

Snaggle is also in effect if you reach the green in regulation, regardless of the distance from the hole.

Bonus Points/Ticks in Snaggle:

Ferret: Hole out from off the green is worth 1 point, two points if it is for birdie or better. 

Arnold Palmer: Player gets a point if they make a par or better from out of the woods

Sandy: Makes Par or better from a sand trap

KP: Closest to the pin on the green on PAR 3's and makes par or better.

Greenie: Green in Regulation and makes par or better on PAR 3's

LD: Longest drive in the fairway and makes par or better on PAR 5's

Snake (XR): Last person to 3-putt on each 9 holes is the snake. They owe each player in the group a point if they are the snake after 9 holes

Side note: We sometimes play carry-overs with the KP's and LD's . So say no one has been awarded any KP's on the first two par 3's and a player gets KP on the next par-3 then they are awarded points for all  3 KP's. Same with LD's This has been a debatable rule amongst our groups haha.

It can get confusing trying to score the points, hence the second scorecard, but once you get familiar, it is not a as complicated as it seems.

Basically at the end of the round you total how many points/ticks each player has and determine who is owed what for cash, or you can break down the scoring by player at your table after the round and watch all the money change hands. Because we're in Canada we play for loonies and toonies, its neat to see and hear a few of the tables of members after a round and listen to all the coins getting tossed around the tables post round.

If you have any questions feel free to message me, hope some of you try this out. 

Happy Snaggling

-Sean

Not gonna lie, I wish there was an FAQ about golf games because when I get up to the first tee and the other guys mention a game name I just nod along having ZERO clue what the rules of the game are or how to even play a lot of times, lol. Anybody want to put together an FAQ for us clueless golfers? 🤣

Yup , I'd like to know. The only 'informal' game we play is "par or better". I'm not familiar with any others.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 10/1/2020 at 12:51 PM, Buffly said:

One putt poker:

Variation on this is that the pot is made by paying a buck or two into the pot for 3-putts

Play it Again Sam

Instead of handicap strokes, each player gets that number of mulligans. Low gross wins. Part of the fun is trying to get your buddies to use their mulligans early and watching guys save them too long.

Pick up Sticks

Net Skins. Whenever someone wins a hole you get to take a club out of their bag.

Driver:    Titliest TSi3 - Tensei white stiff
Wood:   PING  G425 LST 14.5* - Tensei orange stiff
Hybrid:   PING  G425 19* - Tensei orange stiff
Irons:    PING i525 - Project X I/O 5.5 - 4-W
Wedges:     Taylormade MG3 52* and HiToe 56* Project X I/O 6.0
Putter:  TM Spider X HYDROBLAST (33", 3* upright)

My wife and I play singles match play, 4-5 days a week. She's a 25 index, I'm a 2. No money (the left-pocket/right-pocket thing 🙂 ), just bragging rights! After 6 months, our matches run pretty close to 50-50. Days where we are playing relatively the same, we go down to 17 or 18 (yesterday I won 1-up with a birdie on 18). Other days, it's wild.

The BEST day was when she was playing out of her mind, shot 43-46 -- 89. I lost the match 7&6, when I was 1-under after 12! I shot even, and was never in the match!

165883137_GolfGames.png.cae2f79a1492b9bda94254389f61c94d.png

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Here is a short list of my favorites

Erado - Before you tee off your group decides how many holes will be counted.  Hole 18 must be counted.  During play if you score a big number you may deem that hole to be Omitted, the catch is you must make this announcement before teeing off on the next hole.

Vegas golf - this game can be bought at Amazon or if you are froogle you can make your own.  "Each player begins the round with no chips. The first player that hits a shot that corresponds to the designation on the chip is given that chip. He/she holds on to that chip until someone else hits the same shot. For Example, if player number 1 goes into the sand he/she will hold that chip until another player goes into the sand. He/she then gives the chip to that player. The same holds true for the positive chips. The last one to get a one putt or a birdie is the one that gets that chip. At the beginning of the round, each chip is given a designated dollar value. At the end of the round those players holding the negative chips will pay to each player the designated amount for each chip he or she is holding. Those holding the positive chips will receive the same amount from each of the other players. " - Vegas Golf Game.

Hit'em straight and not too often!!!

A fun game to play at a nudist golf course is strip bogey. You lose an article of clothing for every bogey. Hehe, just for laughs. 

1 hour ago, Tanky said:

We used to play ''Good Shots vs Bad Shots'' off the tee. If you don't hit the fairway, you take a shot...of tequila.....

We didn't last very long.

oh the disastrous compounding effects...

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

• 3 weeks later...

I used to play with these three Korean guys who gambled on literally everything (including who would have to pee first) but they played this game called dollar dots. Every fairway, GIR and birdie was worth a dot. A hole out or eagle was 2 dots. It sounds like it would really add up, but after 18 holes, it was usually $4 or so changing hands.  Those guys were probably the most fun to play with, especially when they would run to their second shot to avoid the pee bet. 🤣

Titleist 975J

Callaway Hawkeye 3 Wood

Ben Hogan CFT Hybrid, Apex Plus Irons

Cleveland 588 Wedges

Scotty Newport 2 Mid Slant Pro Platinum

• 2 years later...

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

• 4 weeks later...

The only two I've played are Wolf and Three Putt Poker. I find it fun, but don't like playing a side game every time I am on the course. It often leads to me overthinking or over analyzing and then I shoot worse than I normally would.

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

"Insta-cash" .... a game within a game or on its own.  On par 3 holes, whoever is closest to the hole (on the green) becomes the player.  If the player makes par, everyone else in the group pays the player $1 (on the spot, hence instacash).  If the player makes birdie, everyone pays the player $2.  If the player fails to make par, the player pays all of the others $2 each.  As I said, the payment is due immediately.  Typically, the people having to pay will wad up the dollar bill and throw it at the player in fun 🙂  .... The game is played on each par 3, each with immediate payout.  It can be a lot of fun, particularly if it's a large green and the player is far from the hole and likely to 3 putt....I've seen it happen when the first one to hit, lands on the green with a looooong putt and the other 3 players intentionally miss the green to force a possible 3 putt situation.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

• 1 month later...

Not necessarily a 'game', but some things we do out on the golf course to switch it up are:

Poker Chips : (Red, White, Blue, Black) Put 4 of each in a cloth bag, and you draw a chip before every hole. Chip corresponds to the tee box for that hole.

Another poker chip game we play is we each draw 2 chips from the bag at the start of the round, winner of the hole gets to draw another chip. You can hold 3 chips max at any time. Red is Force a Rehit, White is Mulligan, Blue is a free backwards toss (over the shoulder), Black is Negate (can cancel any other chip). Fun watching someone hit an approach to a few feet of the hole and throwing down a red chip and saying "Hey, do that again." lol

Driver: TaylorMade Sim Max D

3 Wood: TaylorMade Sim Max D

5 Wood: Slazenger Wrath

3 Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Mid

4-GW: Tommy Armour TA1

Wedge: Cleveland RTX 588 54°

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Anser Stealth

Ball: Maxfli StraightFli