Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

Will, Lawrenceville, GA

TItleist Vokey

The muted finish, is really attractive, as it's neither blindingly shiny, nor too contrasting, as black is to my eye.

Mizuno MP33 irons - Stiff, standard length, 1º flat

Krank Rage head on a Penley Extra Stiff 46" shaft

Right handed

Lawrenceville, GA

12 handicap - but I'm "Workin' on it."

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

So, we’re going to let you tell us if raw is better.   

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

To Apply please provide the following information:

First Name/City State

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST WHEN APPLYING, APPLY IN A SEPERATE POST IN THIS THREAD

Cleveland/ Phoenix, AZ

Handicap ~10

Current Model Wedges Played

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 58 

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

Phoenix is a hot, sunny place. The glares off of anything here are blinding. Curious to see the benefits. 

Jeff/Denver, Co

HC: 14

Current wedges: SM6 56 SM7 60 made by Vokey Wedges

The raw wedges can Keep spin higher for longer. Gives more Green-side control. Can pull much more creative plays with more control 

Good Luck!!

Hit golf balls.  Not Juul. 

Connor / Houston, Texas

Handicap 18

Current Model Wedges Played: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 52.08*, 56.10*, Cleveland CG16 60.12*

My 52 is an older model vokey raw wedge. When I bought it I was inexperienced and I didn't understand that the finish would rust and was meant to do so. When it first started rusting, I was so disappointed with Titleist for selling something than rusted so quickly! Of course, I know better now, I suppose I lucked into it. Flash forward a decade and it's still in the bag. I love to hit full shots with it and I believe that it does spin more than my non-raw wedges, but as they are different lofts, grinds, bounces, etc. it's hard to tell how much spin is the raw finish and how much is the other factors. I would be excited to prove out the effects of a raw finish. 

--
Driver: :callaway-small: GBB Epic Sub Zero 10.5* X-Stiff -- Currently borrowing an Epic Flash, as the GBB was damaged during practice, and loving it
3 Wood: :callaway-small: Epic Flash 3W X-Stiff
Irons: Nickent 3DX Pro 3-PW Stiff
Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08* , 56.10* :cleveland-small: CG16 60.12*
Putter: :odyssey-small: WhiteHot RX-7
Ball: Testing Snell MTB-Black & MTB-X
RH

Matt / Denver

20 hdcp

Cobra mim black 50 degree and 60 degree 

Like that the finish on these Cleveland wedges are natural and not shiny chrome

Cobra F9 Driver, Cobra F9 3-4 Fairway Wood, Cobra FMax 3-4 Hybrids and 6-PW, Cobra King MIM 50 degree wedge, Warrior 60 degree wedge, Ping Scottsdale Carefree putter.

Colby / Portland Oregon

Handicap 4.8

Currently using an old Taylormade 60 degree as well as an old Vokey sm5 56 degree

I just need a wedge that spins, currently I really can’t get much spin with my worn out grooves and I really like the look and feel of Cleveland wedges. 

Daniel (Carlsbad ca)

5.2 hc

I currently use raw callaway Mac daddy 3 wedges (50,54,58)

the raw (un)finish is my favorite because it fits the style of club so well. Wedges are the workhorse of my bag. They should look the part.

epic flash SZ 9* hzrdus smoke 6.0 70 gram

epic flash 3W hzrdus smoke 6.0 70 gram

rogue hybrid hzrdus smoke 6.0 70 gram

Callaway x forged 2013 4-p projx LZ 6.5 soft stepped

callway mac 3 wedges (50,54,58)

scotty cameron monterey

prov1 

9 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

So, we’re going to let you tell us if raw is better.   

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

To Apply please provide the following information:

First Name/City State

Handicap 7.6

Current Model Wedges Played  Cleveland rtx 2.0 black satin

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge    No glare or reflection while addressing or hitting shots, most amount of spin and control around the greens, style, look and playability of the raw wedges.

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST WHEN APPLYING, APPLY IN A SEPERATE POST IN THIS THREAD

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges
  • StrokerAce locked this topic
  • StrokerAce unlocked this topic