Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

Our Sponsors

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

this has been weakest part of my game last four years. It would be great to have wedges that i have confidence in. Not sure of the criteria used but would love to test and hopefully fall in love with wedges.

Mark - Tampa, FL

Handicap - 12.2

Current Model Wedges Played - Cleveland RTX4 - Satin

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge - the RTX4 was a game changer greenside for me - interested to see the progression with this wedge in raw to see the increased spin. 

Tyler Couillard/Virginia Beach, Virginia

20 handicap

current wedge: nike forged 60 degree

i really like the mat finish and simple head design

Edited by Tyler C.

Not putting my name into consideration for this testing opportunity, more due to the fact that there may not be enough golf season left here in this area than anything else.

Did want to say best of luck to all those who have submitted their names, and looking forward to seeing the reviews that can provide feedback on if the raw finish really makes a difference in wedge play.

Driver & Fairway: Titleist TS3 9.5 & 15 - Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist 818H2 - Tensei Blue 70S

Irons: Titleist T100 4 - P Project X 5.0

Wedges: Vokey SM7 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Cameron 2012 Select Newport Notchback

Ball: 2013 Model Pro V1X

First Name/City State: Rick, San Diego, CA

Handicap: 14

Current Model Wedges Played: Callaway (Original 2002) Forged 52, 56, 60 in Vintage Finish

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: The oxidation of the steel to rust the club may give it a softer feel and could create a more grainy surface for better contact to create spin. I spend a lot of time playing 60 yards in if I don't hit the green in regulation and my wedges are often what make the difference between have a good day and bad day (losing 5-10 strokes) on the course. 

Richard/Cincinnati

Taylormade Milled Grind

The best part is that you can choose custom sole and grinds for better use. I love that idea, and the details they put on their site to show what could help which type of swinger. 

London/United Kingdom

Handicap: 10

Current Model Wedges Played: Titelist Vokey SM7, 60degree and 54degree

What Appeals to me about the Wedge : 1.The finish being super matte, stopping glare at address  2. Seeing how the wedge ages visually and the effect on performance it has when it rusts.  

First Name/City State: Ryan / Bozeman, MT

Handicap: 12-15

Current Model Wedges Played: Cleveland RTX-4 60* in black finish, Vokey SM7 56* in chrome finish, Vokey SM7 50* in gunmetal finish

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: Less distraction from sun glare, and a potentially softer feel at impact. I would also be interested in seeing if it truly delivers more spin.

First Name/City State: Michael Weiss / Buckeye, AZ

Handicap: 11.3

Current Model Wedges Played:  Callaway PM Grind 19 Tour (54/60)

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge:  Stopping power, control

- 58 yrs of playing golf and still going strong (just need to putt better).

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges
  • StrokerAce locked this topic
  • StrokerAce unlocked this topic