Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

Our Sponsors

Daryl / San Diego, Ca

8 Hdcp

Mix Bag of Vokey SM6 and SM7’s, Callaway MD4, and Cleveland 588 Tour Action, from 46°PW through 60°LW.  Includes 2 Raw Wedges of Callaway MD4 54°/8°F and Cleveland RTx4 48°/8°Mid

Became big fan of RAW wedges due to unique “buttery” feel with a solid, dead-centered strike

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

Che / New Jersey

13 hdcp

Cleveland 900 RTG 54 and 60

Cleveland CG 10 black pearl 50, two dot

What I love best about my current RTG raw wedges is the look, no glare on sunny days. Originally got them b/c I heard it improved spin, but have since seen studies that debunked this.

Scott / Alabama

Handicap: 2

Current Wedges: Cobra King Phil Rodgers and Trusty Rusty

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: Non glare like chrome in a very white sand bunker

Terry, Moore, OK

+1

SM8 Raw

I have always preferred the aesthetics of raw wedges and anecdotally, I think they spin more. 

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

Taylormade ATV wedges here ande enjoying them...

Good luck testing!

Curently Gaming from out of my  :taylormade-small: cardbag with Click-N-Go cart or :taylormade-small: standbag,

all in a righthanded player version::

Driver:           :taylormade-small:   SLDR-S 460 14dgr, Fujikawa Speeder57 M flex.

Wood:           :taylormade-small:   RocketBallz stage2 Tour 3, rocketfuel70 regular shaft.

Hybrids:         :wilson_staff_small:  Fybrid 3 & 5, Proforce V2 regular.

Irons:            :taylormade-small:    Burner 3.0 4/P + 1,5cm superfast85 regular shaft.

Wedges:       :taylormade-small:    ATV 56 and 60 + 1,5cm KBS regular shaft.

Putter:           MLA Tour XDream 'Black Edition' Superstroke 3.0 slim (standard 34")

Ball's:            :nike-small: PD Long and others. (lakeball's/founded ball's i game allmost all!)

Rangefinder:        ZIYOUHU Chinese cheapOne

Garmin X40

GolfShot! for Android.

privileged to been testing the MLA Tour XDream BLACK EDITION SuperStroke 3.0 slim for MyGolfSpy!

Chris / New Haven, CT

Handicap: ~16

SM8 52, 56, 60

Just got into golf this year and recently began experimenting with adding more spin to my wedge shots. Would to test the difference in spin over time as the clubs rust and the amount of control I can generate with these raw wedges.

First Name/City State

Matt / Chapel Hill, NC

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

Titliest SM 7

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

the publicity around increased control and spin... my swing speed is average and I’m hoping it is beneficial to the more “average” golfer

On 10/1/2020 at 6:56 PM, Shankster said:

On 10/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

So, we’re going to let you tell us if raw is better.   

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

To Apply please provide the following information:

First Name/City State

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST WHEN APPLYING, APPLY IN A SEPERATE POST IN THIS THREAD

Greg - Knoxville, TN

9 HI

Ping Glide 3.0 54/58

Play 3-4 times/week and use my wedges a lot as I’m not a long hitter and must get up and down to score. I’m not as interested in coating/color as I am performance. Always wanted to try Cleveland wedges. 

Great looking wedges. Haven’t tried a Cleveland in years. 

Currently gaming TM M3 driver, Rocketballz 3 wood, TM Sim 3 hybrid, TM P790. 4-A, Vokey SM5 54, Voley SM 60, Odyssey Toulon Azalea

Ball pretty much anything with a decent urethane cover - Pro V, Snell Mtb x, Tm Tp5

On 10/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Sean

Reading Ma  01867 

14.3 hdcp - play 27 a week and 5/6 range hours attempting to drop that handicap. I play Titleist SM7 wedges now 54/58 and a Mizuno gap wedge at 49  

I had an old Cleveland 56 that was the trusty rusty and loved the feel of the raw wedge with the action of the ball coming off of that face.  There is no better feeling than seeing your approach spin back to the hole and cozy up! 

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Larry / Wilmington,  NC

48, 52 are Vokey's 56, 60 RTXs

Looking for increased control and accuracy.   Esthetics are important, especially the top line.  Still have a very old Cleveland 'beryllium ' SW that wore down beautifully and love that look!

Chicago IL

Handicap 11

Current Wedges - Cleveland 52, 56, 60. Trusty Rusty Wedges. I've played these for about 8 years. I've always liked the feel of the unfinished metal. I've sharpened the grooves as much as possible and it's time for a new set. I'd love the opportunity to try the new RTX Raw and see how they compare to my old tried and tried set.

Edited by stuartdo
Spelling

Stuart F

Jeff - Nesbit, MS

Handicap is around 8

Currently play Mizuno Blue wedges - 55 deg S5 and 6 deg S18.

I love the Non-Shiny look of the Raw wedges but have never tried them. I am currently looking to replace wedges and would like the Zip Core since I play Cleveland D, 3W, 3H and putter.

Dave/Allen Park, MI

Titleist Vokey

I used to play Cleveland wedges before I won some free Vokeys, so I like Cleveland a lot. Specifically, I like what they have done with these wedges to bring consistency to the set of wedges. This is the next step in improving my scores, so I’d love to give this a run.