Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

Tim/ Florida

Handicap:  11.4

Current Model wedges played:  Cleveland and Ben Hogan

What appeals to you about a raw wedge:  Never played one and interested to see how it performs.

Ricky - Miami, FL

handicap: 8

current wedges: Callaway MD4 - 50°, 54°, 58° (were black finish but stripped the black off and are now Raw finish)

Appeals: I have played all wedges and finishes and prefer raw finishes because of the spin factor. Even my older raw Vokeys still have tons of spin because of the rust.

Driver - Cobra Xtreme Speedzone 10.5

3w - Callaway Epic Flash Sub Zero

5w - Callaway Epic Flash

4h - Taylormade Sim 2 Rescue

Irons - Mizuno 921 Forged (5-P)

Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 4 (50°, 54°, 58°)

Putter - Scotty Cameron Fast Back 1.5

Roy/ Madison, GA 

Handicap- 7 

Current Wedges- Titleist SM7 

Raw finish appeals to me to keep the glare off during the sunny summer days. 

Driver- Callaway Epic Flash SZ 9 degrees 

Fairway- Callaway Epic Flash 3W set at 15 degrees and 2016 M1 HL set to 19 degrees 

Hybrid- Titleist 915D 21 degree set at c-4 

Irons- Srixon Z785 5-PW

Wedges- Titleist SM7 52/12F, 56/14F, 60/10S

Putter- Scotty Cameron Select Squareback bent to 1 degree of loft with Large black matador Scotty Grip. 

Trey / Charlotte, NC

Handicap = 11

Callaway MD3 & Ben Hogan Special K

I love that classic look of a raw wedges and that contrast it provides in the bag compared to the rest of your clubs. I use my wedges for all shot types, so the added confidence that I can get the ball to stop regardless of shot played really appeals to me.

First Name/City State - Sam, Chicago, IL

Handicap - 18

Current Model Wedges Played - Cleveland CG15 (56 degrees); rest Vokeys (50, 54, 60).  

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge - Looking for more spin and I like the shiny look.  

On 10/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

So, we’re going to let you tell us if raw is better.   

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

To Apply please provide the following information:

First Name/City State

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

On 10/1/2020 at 1:25 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST WHEN APPLYING, APPLY IN A SEPERATE POST IN THIS THREAD

• Like 1

Mike/Maidens, VA

'P' Adams a30

50° Cleveland RTX4

56° Ping Glide

60° Cleveland CG15

As you can see I have a mixed bag of wedges and although the Raw Wedge appearance/look is great, the Cleveland brand is what's most appealing to me.

Thanks!

I haven't used either a Cleveland or a raw wedge in many years. The prospect of comparing the Zipcores to my (older) Mizunos out on the course is exciting! Can I hop & stop the Zipcores? Can't wait to find out!

Callaway Alpha 815 driver, Titleist 815 fairways & hybrids, Taylormade RSi2 irons, Mizuno MP wedges; Cameron Circa 62 #2, Ping Cadence Ketsch putters.

Glen/San Diego Ca

7.7 handicap 

cleveland rtx-3 raw 60 degree low bounce 

always liked the look of raw wedges. I despised chrome wedges because of the glare and noticeable scuffs. Grew up younger with that moniker of the rust adding more spin and dunking my wedges in a salt bath to make the rust develop faster and now just prefer the look of them and still kind of believe the added spin from rust somewhat fruitfully. 

Justin, Brentwood California 

Cleveland CBX 2

I’m interested in the possibility of the increased spin with the wedges, especially in a 54 degree. 

Cobra SZ extreme 

Nike VRS 3 Hybrid 

Mizuno MP20 HMB 4-PW

Clevland CBX 2 50-54-58

Odyssey Stoke Lab 1 putter 

Jean-Bellville-South Africa

Hcp-5

Currently using old ping 58° and nike 56°

What appeals me about the Raw wedge- The wedge looks clean and I want to use a wedge that has more bounce so that it can slide under the ball to get more spin and a soft landing on those hard/tigh lies that is very common in South Africa. 

Koosie

Jim / Warsaw I Indiana

Handicap: 9.1

Cleveland  588 48*, 52*, Vokey 56*

I like that its from Cleveland and low glare to reduce distraction. I like the look and I want to test the feel and spin action.

Edited by in3948

Cobra AMP 8.5* driver (sometimes swap for Cobra Speedzone driver)

Cobra Speedzone 3 WD, 19* hybrid

Driving iron 18*

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4 - PW

Cleveland 588 gap wedge 52*

Scotty Cameron futura putter (sometimes Ping Zing anniversary edition, or TP mills blade)

Walt - McKenzie, TN

Ping Glide 58*, PXG 0211 55*, Titleist 714 AP1 52*(yes I know it's old but it works), PXG GW bent 1* strong 49*

I like the fact that raw wedges don't shine in bright sun, but also  perform better(to me) when there is dew or moisture on the grass. 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges
  • StrokerAce locked this topic
  • StrokerAce unlocked this topic