Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

First Name/City State: Cory - Los Angeles, CA

Handicap - 5

Current Model Wedges Played - GigaGolf TRX 6.0 50*/55*/60*

I got these wedges as I didn't like the gapping progression from my GigaGolf irons into the Cleveland Wedges I was playing (CG15). That's still important to me in the 50 and 55 degree clubs as those are more "full swing" sticks, but I almost never use the lob wedge for full shots these days. Because it's going to be a around-the-green specialty club for me, getting maximum versatility and performance will be the biggest factor.

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

I used to love the rusty wedge look back in university (in fact I think my brother still has one of my old Nike Forged Steel wedges that I rusted out in his bag. He doesn't play much golf). While I may have gotten a little older (and wiser?) in years, don't we all still long for a taste of those old days? One raw wedge in my bag may just give it that bit of personality that I like to have. If it can perform around the green (didn't we used to think the rust made them spin better?) then that's a big bonus.

Driver: PXG 0211 9*(set at 7.5*) Tensei Pro White 60g
Woods: PXG 0211 16.5* Tensei Pro Blue 70g
Hybrid/Irons/Wedges: PXG 0211 SteelFiber 95g
Putter: PXG Blackjack / SeeMore Mini Giant Deep Flange 34”

Bag: Vessel Player III Stand Bag - White

“Golf is a good walk enhanced”

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

Matt/ Albuquerque New Mexico

hdcp- 3.0

current- Callaway pm bring jaws 54*/58* and Titleist 62* sm7

i usually use black coated wedges to reduce glare, I imaging raw provides the same benefit.  Hoping raw spins well.

In the bag-

PXG Proto driver

PXG Gen 3 XPs

Callaway Jaws 54,58

Scotty

Brandon/Edmond, Ok

Handicap: 1

Current wedges: vokey sm6 (raw) and vokey sm8

Love the look and feel of the raw finish. The rusting makes it unique and gives an extra bit of bite when you need it around the greens. Would love an opportunity to compare Raw zip core wedge to my previously played vokey raw wedges. 

Current Driver: Callaway Great Big Bertha 9* stiff flex kurokage 50g shaft

3 wood: ping anser 14* RIP Phenom 50G shaft

4 wood: ping anser 17* RIP Phenom 50g shaft

irons: 3-PW Mizuno MP-H5 kbs c-taper lite stiff flex shaft

wedges: 50* vokey sm6 raw finish and 56* vokey sm8 satin finish

putter: odyssey stroke lab Austin toulon 

Schuyler, Scarsdale, NY

Titleist Vokey

Raw Wedges avoids sun glare 

Driver: image.jpeg.e446bd483f55f864625f0214a6f0a0cc.jpeg M5 Tour - 9* EvenFlow White 65, 6.5

3 wood: :titelist-small: TS2 15* degree EvenFlow White 75, 6.5

Hybrid: image.jpeg.e446bd483f55f864625f0214a6f0a0cc.jpeg SIM Max 19 Tensei CK Pro Blue 90 TX 

Irons:image.png.f39ca0723463243d8b97c536861568ed.pngEpic Forged 5-A, Aerotech Steelfiber fc90

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM6 - 50* 54* 60*

Putter: image.jpeg.b8329ade9a91708e1ab3934981395cad.jpeg Scotty Cameron Newport 2

Tommy/ Yankton, SD

n/a

RTX-4 tour satin: 46mid, 54mid, 56low, and 60 full 

I love the look of raw wedges, although i have yet to be presented the opportunity to try them in a round. I also like the thought of them being more susceptible to rust to bite the ball more.

Danny /  Glendale, CA

15 hdc

Cleveland RTX3 50/54/58

First of all, I have been a Cleveland wedge fan since the 588s.  I have mostly played Cleveland wedges with the exception of a short stint with SM5s

I am one of those people who have soaked my wedges in coke or in a damp towel to get them to rust.  I like that the raw finish has much less glare.  They feel softer to me (I know it's subjective and may be in my head).  The worn patina of a raw wedge also just looks cool.

Pick Me!

“Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented.” -Arnold Palmer

Cool opportunity!

Heath/Edmond/OK
Handicap: 8
Cleveland RTX-4 54 and 50 RTX 3 58

I LOVE the look of a raw wedge. When I tested the RTX-3s they were my first raw finish. Played them literally until they broke this year. The other finishes actually mess with my focus now...[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

3-wood:  :adams-small:  Tight Lies (15*) 

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Walt - Leesburg, FL

Mizuno Raw

The look, the feel, and the spin!

Driver - 10* SMT Nemesis

# Metal - Orlimar 13* 

Hybrids - Wishon 

Irons - Srixon I-302s

Putter - Odyssey Two-Ball 

Balls - Snell MTB Black & MTB-X, Bridgestone BX 

Clete, Hendersonville NC

Titleist Volkey Sm7

I've never played one. I've goofed off with a buddies old rusty and was intrigued with its feel. But I have never had the guts to pull the trigger on buying one. 

John, Schaumburg IL

15 handicap

Mizuno T-20 50* 54* & 58*

I am interested in seeing the difference in spin and to find out if it is easier to get spin on certain shot types. I’m also interested in how it looks and feels compared to a “regular” wedge.

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges
  • StrokerAce locked this topic
  • StrokerAce unlocked this topic