Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

First Name/City State: Kevin / Gilbert, Arizona

Handicap: 6

Current Model Wedges Played: Taylor Made Hi Toe

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: Never had a truly raw wedge. Interested in the unique finish, anti-glare, feel, and the effect on raw edges on the grooves. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

• Driver: :ping-small: G410 Plus 9*, Oban Gold
  • Hybrids::adams-small:  Super XTD 17* Hybrid Fubuki AX:callaway-small:,  Apex 20* AD-DI 85S, Apex 23* Oban Purple
  • Irons: :srixon-small: Z585 5-6, Z785 7-PW, Modus 120s
  • Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX4 50, Modus 120x:taylormade-small:, Hi Toe 56 & 60, Modus 120x
  • Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER3 @ 33"

First Name/City State

Robert; Monterey, CA

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

Cleveland RTX 4

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

The fact that the look of the wedge will grow with my game appeals to me.

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

Barbs Canton OH

Adams golf tight lies set

would like to expand feel and opportunity to try something different and report on how it effects my current match play. 

Edited by lBarbsl

Brian, +2.5 handicap

Michigan

currently using Mizuno raw wedges......switched to those from the SM7 Studio Raw wedges.!

I have been using Raw wedges for over 12 years. They truly are great for spin, glare and feel!

Edited by briankbart

Storm / Kansas City, MO

Handicap 12

Current wedges in the bag are the Callaway Mack Daddy 4s in a 52, 56, and 60.

SPIN!  The obvious appeal to a raw wedge is the different finish when it is new, but the look of a raw club as it ages is just plain SEXY!  To me, enjoying the look of a club at address is important.  A club can be functional, but if it doesn't look good behind the ball you're not going to want to use it.  Raw wedges do nothing but look great behind the ball.  I'd love to see what the Cleveland Zipcore looks like behind the ball as it starts to get the beautiful patina that looks SO good behind the ball and in the bag.

Edited by StormRyno

WITB:

Driver - M-3 w/X-stiff Proforce V2 shaft

3 Wood - Big Bertha Fusion w/stock x-stiff shaft (Mamiya Recoil)

Driving Iron - Big Bertha x-12 1-Iron

Irons 3-PW - Mizuno JPX 919 Tour w/Dynamic Golf x-seven shafts

Wedges - Callaway Mack Daddy 4, S-grind, 52,56,60 degrees 

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Fastback

Ball- Titleist ProV1x or Vice Pro Plus

First Name/City State: Jordan/Las Vegas, NV

Handicap: 6

Current Model Wedges Played: Titleist SM8 46-58

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: I've always gone with tour chrome or black satin for my wedges. I've always been intrigued with the raw finish because I want to see what the hype is all about when it comes to wedges that rust gracefully over time as well as how it affects spin numbers!

Edited by PingMD702
forgot to add more

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9 Degree Tensei White Raw 65 grams Extra Stiff B1/H1 setting (RH)

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15 Degree Tensei White Raw 75 grams Extra Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 21 Degree Tensei White Raw 100 grams Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Irons: Titleist T200 4-5/T100S Black 6-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: Titleist T100S Black 44 and 48, Titleist SM8 Jet Black 54S/10 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Putter: 2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft/2021 Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Limited Blackout with Stability Shaft (RH)

Ball: TaylorMade TP5/TP5x

Kyle Boston MA, but will be in Key Largo and Miami Florida for most of November (and playing pretty much everyday so nows the perfect time for me to test new clubs!!)

MG5, 50, 56, 60 - got fitted for these fairly recently but to be honest I have not been blown away by them so am in the market potentially for new wedges.

Raw wedges catch your eye while not being totally different like a jet black wedge. I think they bring a unique look, but also give you a more consistent look from irons to wedges at the same time.

William from the Eastern Townships Quebec. (magog area)

Handicap -3.8

Wedges being played right now are my 50 degree zip core, which I will admit may be my second favorite club in the bag, I am also playing a wilson staff 54 degree (got drunk and launched my 54 degree taylormade in a lake) and was unable to get an ok replacement, due to covid. In hindsight, this was a bad idea since my game took a turn in shots gained within 100 yards.

I also have my wifes' cleavalnd CBX 60 degree for when I am really close to the green and just need a hight and tight shot. Yes it is a womens club, but i dont care since I would otherwise choke up on the club anyway.

Lastly, the best part about a raw wedge is that they are strait up. That means they they are made to be used and dress the part. I use my golf clubs, a lot, and it shows. I am now no longer afraid of taking a shot that may scratch my club finish, I want people to know that my clubs are used; why? because that is what they are made for.

People will say that they create more spin, by when we get down to it; that is not true. What does create spin are the grooves on the face. Keeping them clean does that! What else creates a better shot? attack! and being scared of scratching a club on a pebble in a sand trap or bad area around the green will do nothing.

I love my zipcore wedge, I really wish I could get 2 more to add on and push my game.

Enjoy all the last few weeks of golf!

William

William

Matt/ San Marcos CA

Callaway MD3 56 & 52

Nothing really.  Saying that is probably an automatic elimination for potential tester but I am in the market for new wedges and I am curious about the raw but can’t say that I am a believer.   I think it’s marketing trying to feed into us hackers desire to look and play like a pro.  With that said I would love to see if the hype is real or nah.........

Driver: TS3 8.5 w/T1100 X 

3W:  TaylorMade M6 

P790 UDI 2 Iron

Irons: 4-PW Mizuno Hot Metal Pro’s

50 & 56 degree Callaway MD3 

60 degree TaylorMade TP

Scotty Cameron newport 

First Name/City State: Logan / Chicago, IL

Handicap: 7

Current Model Wedges Played: Cleveland Tour Action 64 deg

Cleveland RTX4 RAW 52 deg

Cleveland CG15 ZipGroove 56 deg

Callaway Mack Daddy 4 60 deg

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge: No glare is huge. The Callaway Mack Daddy I have shines in my face on those late afternoon rounds. I can also see the ball impact spot better on my RAW wedges. 

Kansas City Sports Fan

Joe, Rohnert Park Ca

56 and 60 Vokey SM8 D grind

I am interested in trying a wedge that has a material filed hollow body similar to my PXGs.  I also like the raw finish and how it will patina over time.

:cobra-small: Radspeed 10.5°, Fujikura Ventus Black 6x

:cobra-small:Radpeed 3W  

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0317X Gen 2 Hybrid 3 19° Fujikura Pro 2.0 7x

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg 0311X Gen 1  4-GW -Nippon Modus 125x Tour

:titelist-small: Vokey SM8 56°, 60°

:titelist-small: Scotty Cameron Concept CX-02

• StrokerAce changed the title to Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges
  • StrokerAce locked this topic
  • StrokerAce unlocked this topic