Testers ANNOUNCED Cleveland Zipcore Raw Wedges

How Do You Use Your Most Lofted Wedge  

984 members have voted

1. 1. Tell Us The Type of Shots You Most Often Hit With Your Most Lofted Wedge..ie 58, 60 or Higher?

• Full Shots From Anywhere
    • Any Shot Inside 60 Yards
    • Lob Shots Over a Hazard-water or bunker
    • Short Sided Chips
    • 20 to 30 yard Chips to Get Maximum Spin and Stopping Power
    • All of The Above

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/08/2020 at 09:14 PM

Our Sponsors

Greg, Denver, Colorado

Handicap=20

Cleveland Rotex 3 50, 54, and 58 wedges

I like the look of the RAW wedges.

Taylormade M6 D-Type 10.5*/Adila Tour Green 75 Stiff Driver

Taylormade M6 15° 3-Wood

Taylormade M6 22° 4-Wood

Srixon Z585/Z785  4-PW Irons

Cleveland RTX 3 50°, 54° & 58°

Cleveland TFI 2135 RHO Putter.

• Replies 781
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Let's get RAW, shall we? The new raw/tour rack finish of the RTX Zipcore wedge is made of unplated 8620 carbon steel that will patina and rust after a few weeks of regular use, giving you that signa

Testers Wanted (5)   There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they pr

Can't wait to get to work with this test!!  

Posted Images

Danny / Bakersfield, California

Handicap - 0

Current Model Wedges Played - Fourteen RM22

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge - looks, feel, performance

Edited by kelpie
Callaway Epic Flash Subzero, CK Pro Tensei Orange 
Tour Edge Exotics Tour EX9, 15*
Mizuno CLK 19*
Mizuno JPX919 Tour, KBS C Taper, 4-PW
Fourteen Golf RM22 52*, 58*; Callaway PM Grind 64*
Toulon Garage Austin
Bridgestone BXS

Brad   Spring TX 

Handicap=8.4

Titleist Volkey SM7  50, 54, 58

I like the look and feel  of the RAW wedges.

Edited by rlpolo

Nathan, Monterey CA

Titleist Vokey SM6 52/58

What I like most about a raw wedge is the absolute lack of shine or glare, and seems to feel just a tad softer with no finish

910 D3, M3 3w, PXG 0211 4"h", Adams CMB 5-G, Vokey 6 52/56, PXG Dagger

Adam / Highland Park, IL

Handicap:  14.7

Current Wedges:  60* Warrior Lob wedge, 56* Wilson Harmonized sole grind

Appeal of a raw wedge:  Simple, yet refined look, understated, solid performance

Thank you for the opportunity!

-Adam

Currently have the RTX-4 wedges which I can't say enough about, looking forward to the next evolution and if raw finishes actually provide more spin or just a personal preference. Good luck fellow spies

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Joe / Cleveland Oh

12 hcp

Cleveland RTX4 52 (mid) / Cleveland RTX4 56 (full) / ZipCore 60 Satin (low)

I’d love to see if a raw wedge spins more on skytrak loft for loft.

“He’s a Cinderella story. A former assistant groundskeeper about to become the Masters champion. It looks like a mirac… It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole! It’s in the hole!” — Carl Spackler

Currently have the RTX-4 wedges which I can't say enough about, looking forward to the next evolution and if raw finishes actually provide more spin or just a personal preference. Good luck fellow spies

Sent from MyGolfSpy mobile

WITB:

Driver:   :cobra-small: F9 driver 9* stiff shaft 

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* regular shaft

Hybrids:  :nike-small: Vapor Flex  3 hybrid regular shaft 

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Ben Hogan BHB01 blade

Ball:  :Snell: Black

Bag: 2015 Ogio Chamber Cart Bag & 2018 MyGolfSpy Stand Bag

Robert/Greenville, SC

18ish

Titleist Vokey SM5s

I am looking for more spin on partial shots.  I also love the looks of Cleveland wedges and the rusting wedges.   

Robbysan

18 Handicap

Nike Victory Red S 11.5° with Nike Fubuki K Regular (Str8 Fit) Driver

TaylorMade JetSpeed 3W / Velox Matrix 69g (stock) / Regular flex - 15°

Adams A12 OS Irons (3, 4, 5 Hybrids) (6-PW Standard)

Titleist SM5 Wedges (50, 54, 58)

Bryant / Richmond, VA

15 handicap

Taylormade ATV Grind 52 & 56

I am looking for a wedge that is going to give me more spin and control around the greens and even on full shots. I’ve never used a raw finish but I think it might just be what I want in a wedge. 

Edited by Putts
8 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

So, we’re going to let you tell us if raw is better.   

RTX ZIPCORE TOUR RACK (RAW) WEDGE,

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

To Apply please provide the following information:

First Name/City State

Handicap

Current Model Wedges Played

What Appeals to You About a Raw Wedge

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

DO NOT QUOTE THIS POST WHEN APPLYING, APPLY IN A SEPERATE POST IN THIS THREAD

Jared Denver, Colorado

Testers Wanted (5)

There’s something about RAW wedges that elicits a mixed bag of reactions from golfers. Some swear it gives them more spin—that’s a topic for another day—some say they prefer the look of shiny chrome, tour satin or jet-black finish. Remember the days of one choice? 

At one time the options were so few, many took to the home version of RAW by soaking wedges in Coke and other methods to get them to rust. The last few years have seen many OEM’s offer a RAW version of their wedges. With Cleveland Golf having successfully launched the new RTX Zip Core wedges in the summer, it now is offering the wedge in the popular RAW or it is officially called Tour Rack finish.

Testers Wanted

We are looking for FIVE dedicated golfers who will  receive two wedges in the loft they choose to provide an in depth 4 to 6-week commitment to testing the Tour Rack Zip Core wedges.  Testing is open to  Right Hand golfers who reside in the US. 

First Name/City State

Handicap

We'll be choosing the testers next week, so check back to see if you have been selected.

8 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Great opportunity, good luck everyone

Testers Wanted (5)

Testers Wanted

First Name/City State

Handicap

Jared Denver, Colorado 7 hdcp, nike vr 60 degree ping 56 degree. Glare reduction and spin potential.

pxg driver with Taylor made rbz stiff graphite irons and my amazing directed force l.a.b. putter

Nassry / Boston, MA

Handicap 22

Vokey SM 7 54/56 and Spin Milled Red 50

Style and sensation that it will provide more spin on the shots where I have to overshoot the flag to clear a hazard or obstacle.