TESTERS WANTED! ×

Graphite only

jhmeg2

Whats up everyone, I'm new here, but not new to golf. Here's what I got going on.... I am currently gaming AP2s that I got fit for with Project X LZ 6.5s. I was previously playing MP29s with Matrix Program shafts. I missed the feel of the graphite, and wanted to go back so.... I got refitted, and turns out the LZs were a good fit however I did have SLIGHTLY better numbers with Steelfiber i95s... SLIGHTLY. Was it worth the $$$$ to change? No, but I knew that there was a better combination, and I wanted to go back to graphite soooo, yep I ordered the shafts. Although  I am certified my Mitchell Golf, I wouldn't say I'm a fitter but I am a builder. I've been playing great with the AP2s, but want to go back to the MP29s. I still have the Matrix shafts to put back into the MP29s, or I could pull the Steelfibers and put them in, but I think there could be a better combination. I also want to try the Paderson shafts. Here's my question...do I use the Matrix, or the Steelfibers? Do I order order a Paderson with the same ish specs, or do I go do a fitting with a club head thats similar to the MP29s and choose the best shaft that way? I could end up spending the money on the fitting to find the Steelfiber is the best. I could spend the money on a fitting and find out the padersons are the best. I could spend the money and find out they are all the same, and not know what shaft to play. HELP!

• 1 month later...

The only issue I can see with pulling the SF shafts is that the steel fibers tend to unravel when they are pulled. To my best knowledge, this does not weaken the shaft and they can be trimmed with sharp small scissors. With that being said, I would just get another set of shafts for the MP29s and keep the AP2s intact.

BT