TESTERS WANTED! ×

Autoflex Shaft

cnosil

The shaft is no joke!!! A buddy of mine is a Pilot and picked one up overseas and put it into his Cobra F9.. I hit my driver around 300 with a smooth swing and he usually is 15 to 20 yards behind me. The first round we played after he got the shaft was crazy, he out drove me by 20 plus yards and was down the middle like i've never seen him do.. We were on the last hole and I asked if I could hit his driver and I gave it a go.. I swung out of my shoes and the ball never came out of the air.. It hit the back of the green on the fly so I shot the pin with my range finder and was stuned, 359 yards on the fly!!! I'm getting one as soon as he goes back to Korea..    

dd1968

The more testing that I see with this shaft the more I feel like I need to save up 700 and give it a go. The consistency and speed gain people see are just crazy.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

The more testing that I see with this shaft the more I feel like I need to save up 700 and give it a go. The consistency and speed gain people see are just crazy.

Yeah. I’ve had the feeling. I’d just really like to see if in the fitting studio first. I can’t imagine dropping $700 on a shaft, nevermind one I’ve never hit before!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Just now, jddaigneault said:

Yeah. I’ve had the feeling. I’d just really like to see if in the fitting studio first. I can’t imagine dropping $700 on a shaft, nevermind one I’ve never hit before!

I know right, and they are not available at most fitting places. Though TXG does a bit on an remote fit if you buy through them...hmmm maybe good enough?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

5 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I know right, and they are not available at most fitting places. Though TXG does a bit on an remote fit if you buy through them...hmmm maybe good enough?

Not on a teacher’s salary!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Just now, jddaigneault said:

Not on a teacher’s salary!

True, probably not enough for me either, but ill dream any way. Kids in daycare are expensive

• 3 weeks later...

One red flag for me is that Matt at TXG (nor Ian) doesn't actually game this shaft.  He and Ian have access to any shaft they want, any time they want, and can test them ad infinitum.  And neither of them game that shaft.  Gotta ask "WHY?"

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 Plus, :Fuji: Ventus TR Black Velocore 6X.
3W: :taylormade-small: Sim Max, :accra: FX 2.0 200 M3.
3I-PW: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Pro, :Fuji: Axiom Velocore 105 X.
Wedges: 47*, 51*, 55*, 59*: Edison Forged Wedges, Mitsubishi MMT 125g TX.
Putter: :L.A.B.:  DF 2.1
Current Ball:  2022 Chromesoft X as recommended for me by :ping-small: Ballnamic system (highly recommended).
Previous Balls:  Z-Star Divide, Pro V1, Maxfli Tour, TM TP5 Pix, Pro V1x, Vice Pro Soft, Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Accessories: Shoes: Asics Gel-Kayano Ace (Greatest golf shoes on the planet). Watch: Garmin Approach S60. Glove: Kirkland Signature.  Bag: MNML. 
Cart: Foresight Sports ForeCaddy Smart Cart (Unofficial Review).
Previous MGS Tester for: Kid Caddie

On 12/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, vamosjackets said:

One red flag for me is that Matt at TXG (nor Ian) doesn't actually game this shaft.  He and Ian have access to any shaft they want, any time they want, and can test them ad infinitum.  And neither of them game that shaft.  Gotta ask "WHY?"

Matt said, while he does hit autoflex longer and his ss is up,  he does not hit it as consistent as Ventus black.   He said he does not need the extra 15 yards 

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

22 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Matt said, while he does hit autoflex longer and his ss is up,  he does not hit it as consistent as Ventus black.   He said he does not need the extra 15 yards 

This makes sense, there is far more to be gained for someone who doesn't already hit it that far. 

I'd like to hit this thing just to see how it would compare to my gamer, but I can't imagine that I'd ever spend this much money on a golf shaft considering where the rest of my game is. I'd be way better off spending that money on fixing my swing compared to investing in a single shaft for one club.

20 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

This makes sense, there is far more to be gained for someone who doesn't already hit it that far. 

I'd like to hit this thing just to see how it would compare to my gamer, but I can't imagine that I'd ever spend this much money on a golf shaft considering where the rest of my game is. I'd be way better off spending that money on fixing my swing compared to investing in a single shaft for one club.

I totally agree with you.   With that said I so want to try it....lol.  Must not buy.  Or if someone reading this has one to sell dm me. I am weak right now.

Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

3 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

I totally agree with you.   With that said I so want to try it....lol.  Must not buy.  Or if someone reading this has one to sell dm me. I am weak right now.

I'd definitely love to try it out. I just want to see for myself if those kind of gains are really possible.

On 12/20/2020 at 9:57 PM, Hotdocta said:

Hey @Hotdocta don’t you own an auto flex?

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

2 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

Hey @Hotdocta don’t you own an auto flex?

I do now!

6 minutes ago, Hotdocta said:

I do now!

That is one way to spend the Christmas money your parents give you...

On 10/1/2020 at 3:24 PM, cnosil said:

Watched a couple of videos on TXG about this shaft.   Who on here is going to be the first to give it a go?   Only $750!

So their set of iron shafts retail for? 😲

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

21 hours ago, Manimal26 said:

That is one way to spend the Christmas money your parents give you...

Guys if you want one.... manimal26 is your guy!   Send him a dm.   Very easy transaction.  I am pumped to get mine.

11 minutes ago, Hotdocta said:

Guys if you want one.... manimal26 is your guy!   Send him a dm.   Very easy transaction.  I am pumped to get mine.

You’re welcome happy to help! I’m pumped need lots of videos! Go stars!

15 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

You’re welcome happy to help! I’m pumped need lots of videos! Go stars!

I see a lot of DMs in your future...

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

57 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I see a lot of DMs in your future...

This is not WRX I feel safe ... I am also not a freshman sorority girl at my first fraternity party 🤣... I am going to instragam so many pics though with @Hotdocta auto flex on Instagram after @dlow206 taught me how to use it...

21 hours ago, Manimal26 said:

This is not WRX I feel safe ... I am also not a freshman sorority girl at my first fraternity party 🤣... I am going to instragam so many pics though with @Hotdocta auto flex on Instagram after @dlow206 taught me how to use it...

I love the craziness of wrx...    

Ok. I couldn’t stand it after reading about this shaft all over the internet. People either get massive gains with it or they don’t. Probably having a correct combination of shaft and head for your own individual swing. 
Anyways, I decided to give it a go. Ordered a shaft from @Manimal26 here on my golf spy. Process went very smoothly. I am going to pair this with my Ping G400 head. Every one says this head is too heavy, but I will counterweight it if necessary to bring swingweight down. 
I will update all with my progress. Worst case scenario....I sell the shaft and recoup some of the money spent on this distance experiment. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

On 12/28/2020 at 10:55 AM, joen said:

Ok. I couldn’t stand it after reading about this shaft all over the internet. People either get massive gains with it or they don’t. Probably having a correct combination of shaft and head for your own individual swing. 
Anyways, I decided to give it a go. Ordered a shaft from @Manimal26 here on my golf spy. Process went very smoothly. I am going to pair this with my Ping G400 head. Every one says this head is too heavy, but I will counterweight it if necessary to bring swingweight down. 
I will update all with my progress. Worst case scenario....I sell the shaft and recoup some of the money spent on this distance experiment. 

Which autoflex did you get?  I got 505

7 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Which autoflex did you get?  I got 505

Driver swing speed is 93-94 mph. I got the 405. Very pumped to see what this will do for my swing speed. I hit 73% of fairways last season.  If I can get 15-20 more yards (1-2 less clubs into the green as a result) and maintain accuracy then I will be very pleased. Distance is king. I did an experiment on an empty course this year. I played two balls. One from my regular tees of 6500 yards....and one from the senior tees. I shot a 78 from the regular tees and a 68 from the senior tees. I was on every par five except one in 2 shots from the senior tees, and it became very clear how much easier this game is the further you hit it!

I look forward to sharing my progress!

Right Handed. 

4 minutes ago, joen said:

Driver swing speed is 93-94 mph. I got the 405. Very pumped to see what this will do for my swing speed. I hit 73% of fairways last season.  If I can get 15-20 more yards (1-2 less clubs into the green as a result) and maintain accuracy then I will be very pleased. Distance is king. I did an experiment on an empty course this year. I played two balls. One from my regular tees of 6500 yards....and one from the senior tees. I shot a 78 from the regular tees and a 68 from the senior tees. I was on every par five except one in 2 shots from the senior tees, and it became very clear how much easier this game is the further you hit it!

I look forward to sharing my progress!

Both scores are very respectable in their own rights, but if you want to score low proximity to the hole is key.

I am glad you are looking forward to it. In the ping head people may mistake your diver for Bubba’s 🤪

2 minutes ago, Manimal26 said:

Both scores are very respectable in their own rights, but if you want to score low proximity to the hole is key.

I am glad you are looking forward to it. In the ping head people may mistake your diver for Bubba’s 🤪

You are absolutely correct!  Proximity to the hole is a direct correlation to better scores.  And I figure the closer I am to the hole after the tee ball....the better my proximity will be.

Love it!  I will be the right handed Bubba!

Right Handed. 

3 minutes ago, joen said:

You are absolutely correct!  Proximity to the hole is a direct correlation to better scores.  And I figure the closer I am to the hole after the tee ball....the better my proximity will be.

Love it!  I will be the right handed Bubba!

100% agree except for the rare course where a longer tee shot can hinder you. Not many of those though. Of course you do get the rare course that is both long and punishing like the blessing in Arkansas... but that is where better ball strikers who lack distance can prevail... 

If you start crushing it past me can we spray paint the club head to match bubbas? 

• 1 month later...

Here is my Autoflex review. 

Shout out to @Manimal26as I purchased the shaft from him. Great guy to deal with....

I have had this for close to a week now.  It is a very well made shaft.  It feels whippy. This is unlike anything you have ever swung.  I can guarantee that.

I paired the Autoflex 405 shaft with my Ping G400 driver head.   Driver SS 93-94 mph. 

I have gained 4-5 mph swinging at my “normal” speed. That translates roughly to ten yards that I was seeing. Dispersion was down a little.  I am used to my driver being a fairway finder  over 70% of the time.  So that was a little depressing. Smash factor didn’t seem to change from my current shaft to the Autoflex. 

Now. Here is where it gets really interesting. If I slowed my driver swing with the Autoflex just a little from my “normal”.....the swing speed didn’t change from my gamer shaft at normal speed. My smash factor went up slightly and my dispersion was actually improved from my gamer shaft.  My big miss also disappeared using this intent. 

So my intent was to get something to let me hit the ball further, but if I slow it down....my accuracy improves without distance loss.  Go figure!

Right Handed. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I finally broke down and purchased a 505 for my SZ Xtreme.  I'm in the low 90's for swing speed but just started SuperSpeed training so I wanted some room to grow with the shaft.

A couple questions for the group:

1) was going with the 505 a smart move?  Has anyone in my swing speed range swung both?

2) any suggestion on optimum head weight for this driver paired with the 505

By the way, I got the rainbow version and my Xtreme is the Pars and Stripes edition.  The combo looks sick!

JonCarlo Mancini 

WITB COBRA LTDX Driver 12 degrees turned down to 10.5 w/ autoflex shaft, PXG Gen 5 2 wood playing at 14 degrees with BGT Brava shaft, PXG Gen 5 4 wood playing at 17 degrees with VA Slay shaft, PXG Gen 2 7 wood 7 playing at 21 degrees with VA Raijin shaft, PXG Gen 2 5 hybrid playing at 26 degrees with a VA Raijin shaft, PXG Gen 4 XP irons 7-GW with LA Golf Shafts, PXG Sugar Daddy 2 56 degree C-grind with BGT ZNE shaft, Edel 62 degree with BGT ZNE shaft, Cure RX5 converted to Armlock with a BGT Stability Shaft