Autoflex Shaft

As predicted, some guys on WRX found a way to order these for Korea and are playing them.

• Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Watched a couple of videos on TXG about this shaft.   Who on here is going to be the first to give it a go?   Only $750!    

Here is my Autoflex review.    Shout out to @Manimal26as I purchased the shaft from him. Great guy to deal with.... I have had this for close to a week now.  It is a very well made shaft.

Ok. I couldn’t stand it after reading about this shaft all over the internet. People either get massive gains with it or they don’t. Probably having a correct combination of shaft and head for your ow

Posted Images

Sounds like it has a very specific SW window. This would be a hoot to test

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

They now have an english website: https://www.sixshop.com/autoflex/home

Updated 4/27/2021

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve got a friend testing one of these out now.  I hope to have a chance to swing it in the next week or two.  He says it’s a weird feel and can’t explain it.  Said he was definitely seeing increased distance and no dispersion issues on the range.  Hasn’t made it to the course yet which will be the tell all.

• Like 2
  • TaylorMade SIM2 9.7* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15.9* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 
  • Srixon Z565 3i - PX 6.5
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 50F / 55M / 59K - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Titleist -Pro V1X
On 11/18/2020 at 9:22 PM, Smellis745 said:

I’ve got a friend testing one of these out now.  I hope to have a chance to swing it in the next week or two.  He says it’s a weird feel and can’t explain it.  Said he was definitely seeing increased distance and no dispersion issues on the range.  Hasn’t made it to the course yet which will be the tell all.

How do you spend that much money on a shaft and then not go immediately to the course? 

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

3 wood - TM M3 17 deg (set to 15.5 deg and 3 deg open) GD DI 7x

3 Hybrid - TM rocketballz Accra Dymatch S165, 68g, M5 flex (XS)

Irons  (4-5) - Srixon 585s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Irons (6-W) - Srixon 785s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Wedges (51, 56, 60) - Cleveland RTX4 Nippon Modus 125 Wedge Flex

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

Already one for sale on the WRX BST lol

• Haha 1

Updated 4/27/2021

1 minute ago, dlow206 said:

Already one for sale on the WRX BST lol

😣

Driver - Taylormade M5 10.5 (set to 9.75 deg and 1.5 open)  Fujikura Pro 2.0 Tour Spec 7x

3 wood - TM M3 17 deg (set to 15.5 deg and 3 deg open) GD DI 7x

3 Hybrid - TM rocketballz Accra Dymatch S165, 68g, M5 flex (XS)

Irons  (4-5) - Srixon 585s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Irons (6-W) - Srixon 785s Nippon Modus Pro 120x

Wedges (51, 56, 60) - Cleveland RTX4 Nippon Modus 125 Wedge Flex

Putter - EvnRoll ER5

On 11/20/2020 at 11:16 AM, ejcrossl said:

How do you spend that much money on a shaft and then not go immediately to the course? 

Because you put it through the paces on the range to learn the shaft characteristics and to see if it’s going to work.  No sense in wasting a round.

• TaylorMade SIM2 9.7* - Graphite Design Tour AD-HD 7 TX
  • TaylorMade M6 15.9* - PX HZRDUS Green 80 6.5 
  • Srixon Z565 3i - PX 6.5
  • Srixon Z745 4-P - PX LZ 7.0
  • Vokey SM7 50F / 55M / 59K - DG TI S400
  • Scotty Cameron X7 Phantom 34”
  • Titleist -Pro V1X

The shaft is no joke!!! A buddy of mine is a Pilot and picked one up overseas and put it into his Cobra F9.. I hit my driver around 300 with a smooth swing and he usually is 15 to 20 yards behind me. The first round we played after he got the shaft was crazy, he out drove me by 20 plus yards and was down the middle like i've never seen him do.. We were on the last hole and I asked if I could hit his driver and I gave it a go.. I swung out of my shoes and the ball never came out of the air.. It hit the back of the green on the fly so I shot the pin with my range finder and was stuned, 359 yards on the fly!!! I'm getting one as soon as he goes back to Korea..    

The more testing that I see with this shaft the more I feel like I need to save up 700 and give it a go. The consistency and speed gain people see are just crazy.

• Like 1

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

3 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

The more testing that I see with this shaft the more I feel like I need to save up 700 and give it a go. The consistency and speed gain people see are just crazy.

Yeah. I’ve had the feeling. I’d just really like to see if in the fitting studio first. I can’t imagine dropping $700 on a shaft, nevermind one I’ve never hit before!

• Like 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Just now, jddaigneault said:

Yeah. I’ve had the feeling. I’d just really like to see if in the fitting studio first. I can’t imagine dropping $700 on a shaft, nevermind one I’ve never hit before!

I know right, and they are not available at most fitting places. Though TXG does a bit on an remote fit if you buy through them...hmmm maybe good enough?

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed

5 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I know right, and they are not available at most fitting places. Though TXG does a bit on an remote fit if you buy through them...hmmm maybe good enough?

Not on a teacher’s salary!

• Like 3

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

Just now, jddaigneault said:

Not on a teacher’s salary!

True, probably not enough for me either, but ill dream any way. Kids in daycare are expensive

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I spoke to my local club fitter in Hong Kong about these shafts... he's sold 130 of them in recent months, says they are flying off the shelf as soon as they get them in... 

I just can't justify a shaft that's twice the price of my driver...

One red flag for me is that Matt at TXG (nor Ian) doesn't actually game this shaft.  He and Ian have access to any shaft they want, any time they want, and can test them ad infinitum.  And neither of them game that shaft.  Gotta ask "WHY?"

• Like 3

Driver: Titleist TS2, Accra FX 2.0 250 M3.
3W: Taylormade Sim Max, Accra FX 2.0 200 M3.
3H: Taylormade Sim, Stock Stiff.
3/4-PW: Miura CB57, TT DG S300 Stiff.
51*, 55*: Edison Forged Wedges, KBS Tour Stiff.
60*: Titleist Vokey SM4, DG Spinner.
Putter: P&SI-EGOS  (considering L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1).
Ball: TM TP5 Pix OR Pro V1x OR Vice Pro Soft OR Cut Blue ... (See Why!)
Bag: MNML.
Cart: Old Used ClickGear something or other.

On 12/17/2020 at 7:53 PM, vamosjackets said:

One red flag for me is that Matt at TXG (nor Ian) doesn't actually game this shaft.  He and Ian have access to any shaft they want, any time they want, and can test them ad infinitum.  And neither of them game that shaft.  Gotta ask "WHY?"

Matt said, while he does hit autoflex longer and his ss is up,  he does not hit it as consistent as Ventus black.   He said he does not need the extra 15 yards 

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade SIM Max d 9 with graphite design tour ad xc 6s

Fairway Wood:Taylormade Sim 15 with Graphite design Tour ad iz 6s
Hybrid:  Pxg gen2 19 with hand crafted hzrdus black 85 6.0 and Adams super ls xtd 22 with Diamana s+  stiff

Irons: 5-pw Miura Mc501 with modus 120s pured

Wedges:  Callaway md2 gold 50 Dg tour issue s400 black onyx, Taylormade MG 54 with DG tour issue s400 black onyx, and Taylormade hi toe 59 with modus 120r

22 hours ago, Hotdocta said:

Matt said, while he does hit autoflex longer and his ss is up,  he does not hit it as consistent as Ventus black.   He said he does not need the extra 15 yards 

This makes sense, there is far more to be gained for someone who doesn't already hit it that far. 

I'd like to hit this thing just to see how it would compare to my gamer, but I can't imagine that I'd ever spend this much money on a golf shaft considering where the rest of my game is. I'd be way better off spending that money on fixing my swing compared to investing in a single shaft for one club.

• Like 2