TESTERS WANTED! ×

When should I upgrade from Game Improvement Irons?!?

I’m just curious when I should start considering switching from Game Improvement clubs to Players Distance? I’m currently playing a set of Cobra F8’s. I was fitted for these clubs a little over 2 yrs ago. I’ve been playing for over 10yrs but seriously started playing and practicing consistently for the past 3yrs and my handicap has dropped from 13-15 to 7.5-9.0

I was playing with a gentleman who was playing from the Blues and I’ve still being playing whites after 4th hole he suggested it’s time I make the move to the blues. I try to learn as much as I can from others so I asked for suggestions to keep progressing. One of his suggestions is make sure you are playing the right equipment for you.

Just looking for some input or things to look out for.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

12 minutes ago, blackngold_blood said:

There is no set time or handicap to start playing players irons over GI ones. Getting fit again as you did 2 years ago would be the best way to go. Go into the fitting looking to hit some GI irons as well as some Players irons. 

+1. I’m not sure what you consider “players irons” but in general you will lose distance and forgiveness and gain feel and workability with blades over GI. And your launch angle may change for a given loft (not necessarily club number). IMO it would be wise to compare in a fitting so you know what your gaining and losing. 

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Simple, do you feel your game would improve by going to player irons. Secondly what do you feel are the limitations of your Cobra's if any.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

FWIW I'm currently a 2.5 index and I play Cleveland CBX irons.  Solidly in the game improvement category.  

There is no set trigger or time you need to make a switch.  Personally I don't think there is any reason to switch at all for me.  If there is something you are looking for your current irons to do (or not do) then I would recommend getting fit again as others have already said.  Go in with an open mind and play the equipment that best fits your game.  Don't get hung up on what category of clubs you play.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

58 minutes ago, hckymeyer said:

FWIW I'm currently a 2.5 index and I play Cleveland CBX irons.  Solidly in the game improvement category.  

There is no set trigger or time you need to make a switch.  Personally I don't think there is any reason to switch at all for me.  If there is something you are looking for your current irons to do (or not do) then I would recommend getting fit again as others have already said.  Go in with an open mind and play the equipment that best fits your game.  Don't get hung up on what category of clubs you play.

+1. Some of the best players I play with regularly use GI irons, and they don't have any intention of switching. Most of the really good players I know who play blades/musclebacks bought them MANY years ago before there were decent GI/SGI options - and they've just stayed with them.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

Like every one said, there is no set time / handicap level. Its all about what works. I played game improvment irons for 30 years and my handicap was down to a  2.5. I only changed by chance. I was selected as a tester for the Sub 70 699 Pro`s. These are players distance irons. I did achieve very good results and I am now at a 1.2 handicap. Had I not been selected I would still be playing game improvment irons and I probably still could have dropped my handicap some more.  Changing irons forced me to focus more for testing and play more to give them a good workout and have info to post.  But these irons did work well for me and still are.

If you still are considering a change take your current irons with you to your fitting and do a side by side comparison to see if it is worth while to change.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

@TxTwinDad+2 TXG had a great video about sole design and how it affects different types of players. 

Basically, if you can consistently make impact then game improvement designs could hold you back - simple summary of the video. 

Obviously, everything is player dependent and a fitting could reveal a benefit with different turf interaction or not. 

Check out the video for something to ask your fitter:

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

I would look for a trend, or maybe a scoring/distance plateau. Or are you desiring to work the ball more? If you are happy with ball flight & distance then don't worry about it.

You can always do a fitting to see if the numbers say it's time for a change.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

21 hours ago, TxTwinDad+2 said:

Thank you everyone for the input. I guess the answer is to set up another fitting and compare. 

I would say that my biggest concern is what some are calling ballooning of my shots I'm not sure what causes that. 

Ballooning is usually (always?) too much spin. It’s can be a “good problem” and you might be able to reduce spin by simply changing balls to a lower spin brand/model. How you strike the ball also influences how much spin you impart - angle of attack and/or sweeping vs digging. Less likely but too much shaft flex might be a factor. GI irons are typically higher launch than blades for a given loft, but that doesn’t mean you’ll see higher launch comparing irons by club number (e.g. a blade 7 iron will be higher loft/CG than a GI 7 iron low CG/high launch more often than not). In a proper fitting you’ll be able to compare spin, peak height and descent angles to know what meets your needs.

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
2 minutes ago, Middler said:

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
On 10/5/2020 at 4:17 PM, TxTwinDad+2 said:

Thank you everyone for the input. I guess the answer is to set up another fitting and compare. 

I would say that my biggest concern is what some are calling ballooning of my shots I'm not sure what causes that. 

Ballooning is generally caused by spin. How the spin is created varies a little though.

I used to balloon the ball as well and it came down to flipping the hands through impact and adding loft. Once I changed my impact dynamics, my ball flight changed as well and it did not require new clubs. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I played the F8's until a month ago, and I'd still be playing them if I weren't testing the Wilson D7 Forged.  I got my handicap down under 5 at one point (lowest since high school).  So if they're good clubs for you, they're good clubs for you.  

But a new fitting can't hurt, can it?

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

8 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

Ballooning is generally caused by spin. How the spin is created varies a little though.

I used to balloon the ball as well and it came down to flipping the hands through impact and adding loft. Once I changed my impact dynamics, my ball flight changed as well and it did not require new clubs. 

Yup. I know that routine. The dreaded flip adding loft instead of forward shaft lean deloft

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

4 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

I played the F8's until a month ago, and I'd still be playing them if I weren't testing the Wilson D7 Forged.  I got my handicap down under 5 at one point (lowest since high school).  So if they're good clubs for you, they're good clubs for you.  

But a new fitting can't hurt, can it?

Club fitting only hurts my ego when no club can fix my numbers like a lesson can!

On 10/3/2020 at 1:16 PM, TxTwinDad+2 said:

I’m just curious when I should start considering switching from Game Improvement clubs to Players Distance? I’m currently playing a set of Cobra F8’s. I was fitted for these clubs a little over 2 yrs ago. I’ve been playing for over 10yrs but seriously started playing and practicing consistently for the past 3yrs and my handicap has dropped from 13-15 to 7.5-9.0

I was playing with a gentleman who was playing from the Blues and I’ve still being playing whites after 4th hole he suggested it’s time I make the move to the blues. I try to learn as much as I can from others so I asked for suggestions to keep progressing. One of his suggestions is make sure you are playing the right equipment for you.

I remember having a conversation with you in the Sub 70 iron thread. I was a little disappointed in their LH demo program, but you were trying out the same set I was interested in, the 699's.  I'm assuming they didn't work out for you, as you said you still play the Cobra's.

Just wanted to give you a little heads up, if you are still interested in what is a similar style iron to the sub 70, but in my opinion much better quality. The PXG 0211's are currently available at $89 per club. I got them with MMT70 shafts at that price, and the shafts are about a $70 upgrade just about anywhere else. I think the Elevates are the steel shaft, but I'm not sure. They also have a 30 day return policy. 

The sale has been extended until 10/30. Maybe worth checking out?

Driver:          :ping-small: G425 Max 10.5*

Fairway:      :ping-small: G425 Max 14*5* & 17.5*

Hybrids:      :ping-small: G425 Max 22* & 26*

Irons:           :callaway-small: Apex DCB 6-AW

Wedges:      :callaway-small: Jaws Raw Face 54-10

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 58-6

Putter:         :EVNROLL:  ER7  34”

A little background info about myself, up until a few years ago I was playing my Ping G5 set from high school which are game improvement. But as I started to play more I've noticed the offset started to become less appealing as each round progressed. I moved from the G5 to a combo set i500/i210 set (players distance/players iron) then made another extreme change when the Ping Blueprints (7-P) came out. I think by forcing myself to play a more challenging set, it really helped dial in my ball striking and build my confidence whenever I hit the course. I would just go with what's most comfortable for you. Definitely hit up your local golf shops to demo several player irons so it'll help narrow down your choices. Another route is to go for lessons. Either way, you can't go wrong! I hope this provided some clarity for you. 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

I remember having a conversation with you in the Sub 70 iron thread. I was a little disappointed in their LH demo program, but you were trying out the same set I was interested in, the 699's.  I'm assuming they didn't work out for you, as you said you still play the Cobra's.
Just wanted to give you a little heads up, if you are still interested in what is a similar style iron to the sub 70, but in my opinion much better quality. The PXG 0211's are currently available at $89 per club. I got them with MMT70 shafts at that price, and the shafts are about a $70 upgrade just about anywhere else. I think the Elevates are the steel shaft, but I'm not sure. They also have a 30 day return policy. 
The sale has been extended until 10/30. Maybe worth checking out?

Yup that was me and no I wasn’t a fan of the Sub70 699 it wasn’t a big enough improvement to justify the change and I wasn’t overly excited about the look at address. And thanks for the heads up I’ll take a look at the PXG that 30 day return policy would be good if I don’t like them thanks again for the input.

A little background info about myself, up until a few years ago I was playing my Ping G5 set from high school which are game improvement. But as I started to play more I've noticed the offset started to become less appealing as each round progressed. I moved from the G5 to a combo set i500/i210 set (players distance/players iron) then made another extreme change when the Ping Blueprints (7-P) came out. I think by forcing myself to play a more challenging set, it really helped dial in my ball striking and build my confidence whenever I hit the course. I would just go with what's most comfortable for you. Definitely hit up your local golf shops to demo several player irons so it'll help narrow down your choices. Another route is to go for lessons. Either way, you can't go wrong! I hope this provided some clarity for you. 

I think the demo route or fitting will be my best option on making this decision. I played my last scheduled tournament of the year Yesterday so now I’ll start seriously looking. I’ve been researching so I could begin the process in the off-season which we don’t really have in Tx I play year round but not many tournaments in the fall. As far as lessons I ran through a program with my coach last year got to where my ball striking was very solid. I go to the range 2-3 times a week. If he’s not busy he’ll put me on the track man usually for a about 15 mins once a month just to check my data all seems to be good as far as that goes. He’s mentioned a couple of times things about my irons or shafts which is why I’m starting to dig he he’s not pushing me towards anything though. He knows I have 4 kids under the age of 6 lol

I can only speak from my experience but there isn’t like a magic number for making this switch. I just noticed that I was pulling a lot of irons left and unable to consistently work a fade into greens. My GI irons at the time had a lot of offset so I went and got refitted and went “up” to a less GI iron set. That’s when I decided to make a shift and it was after getting a more consistent swing and noticing some shot patterns.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi3 Tester Check out the Review HERE

2-Iron- :Sub70: 699-U

5-Wood:  :Sub70: Pro (18*) 

Irons :  :ping-small: i210 4-PW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  RTX-4 50* and 54* RTX-3 *58

Putter::1332069271_TommyArmour: Impact No. 3

Ball:  MAXFLI TOUR 

Tracked by: :Arccos:  

Bag: BagBoy ZTF Stand Bag (REVIEW HERE)

Ignore the marketing labels put on the clubs.  Hit the clubs that are pleasing to your eye and you can hit well.  There's not a thing that says you must play GI clubs if you're a high handicap player or you must move to blades if you're a scratch golfer.  There's absolutely nothing wrong with gaining any advantage to your game by choosing the equipment that works best for you.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I switched from Ping G700s to Titleist T100 a year ago. When I switched, my handicap was 8, and I was NOT a good ball striker. I was so tired of looking at a chunky club, I was willing to sacrifice forgiveness. At first, it was very frustrating hitting small mishits and seeing bad results, but the smaller club head gave me better feel of my mishit. For example, I could better feel if it was a toe shot, or fat shot. I credit this better feeling to my incredible improvement to a +1.5 handicap. Below are three questions I think you should answer before you make the jump, because it is a jump.

• How important is looks? Are you tired of a big head? Does something smaller scare you?
  • Are you okay with the possibility of worse scores when you first switch?
  • Are more focused on hitting greens, or workability and feel?

:ping-small: G430 LST 10.5* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6X)

:ping-small: G430 MAX 14* (Fujikura Ventus TR Black 7X)

:ping-small: iCrossover 17* (Mitsubishi Kai'li White 80X)

:ping-small: i230 4-PW (True Temper Dynamic Gold X100)

:titelist-small: SM8 50* F Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 54* F Grind; 10* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:titelist-small: SM8 58* M Grind; 8* Bounce (Project X LZ 6.0 120)

:ping-small: PLD Anser 2

:taylormade-small: TP5X

"Practice like you've never won. Play like you've never lost."

So an update to this post. I went in for my fitting today told the fitter I was looking for something along the Players Distance line to compare to my current F8 -.5” and +1 lie setup.

After hitting about 10 shots with my F8 we began trying out some new sticks. First thing he mentioned was I needed to move up to stiff flex from Reg. Second thing he said was we were going to look at the players irons instead of the players distance. We started with the T100 I liked the feel and wax hitting it well but the face seemed too small address for me. We moved to the Ping i210 I was hitting this one really well and i felt more comfortable at address with the ping than the T100 so I continued on now he setup the apex I hit it I like it I’m hitting it just as long as the ping, but the dispersion was tighter on the apex. Back and forth back and forth adjustment to my backswing and long story short we decided on the Callaway apex. Once we dialed in the shaft size length we had the ball spin where we liked the launch and landing angle finally balanced out so now I should be able to hold some greens! Put in my order for Calloway Apex -.5” length standard lie and loft with stiff flex 90 shafts.

Now I wait!! I agree with what @mygolfspy constantly says it’s important to get a professional fit if you want to make sure you’re playing the best club for you! They also gave me one simple swing tip that improved my rotation in my backswing and immediately added club head speed and distance! You won’t get that without fitting or lessons.

So an update to this post. I went in for my fitting today told the fitter I was looking for something along the Players Distance line to compare to my current F8 -.5” and +1 lie setup.

After hitting about 10 shots with my F8 we began trying out some new sticks. First thing he mentioned was I needed to move up to stiff flex from Reg. Second thing he said was we were going to look at the players irons instead of the players distance. We started with the T100 I liked the feel and wax hitting it well but the face seemed too small address for me. We moved to the Ping i210 I was hitting this one really well and i felt more comfortable at address with the ping than the T100 so I continued on now he setup the apex I hit it I like it I’m hitting it just as long as the ping, but the dispersion was tighter on the apex. Back and forth back and forth adjustment to my backswing and long story short we decided on the Callaway apex. Once we dialed in the shaft size length we had the ball spin where we liked the launch and landing angle finally balanced out so now I should be able to hold some greens! Put in my order for Calloway Apex -.5” length standard lie and loft with stiff flex 90 shafts.

Now I wait!! I agree with what @mygolfspy constantly says it’s important to get a professional fit if you want to make sure you’re playing the best club for you! They also gave me one simple swing tip that improved my rotation in my backswing and immediately added club head speed and distance! You won’t get that without fitting or lessons.

Any rational provided on why players and not players distance? Did you at least hit some PD clubs?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If you are serious about the game then it's time to get good/best equipment you can afford. Even severely budget conscious players can find used deals. My last set of irons i tried out between 5-15 sets (lost count) at a golf shop into a simulator. Then ebay hooked me up with a $850 set for $350. I never buy current model drivers for $550, wait till next year, same driver that never sold will be $200-ish.  However you upgrade, you will see the difference in your shot consistency psychologically, and physically when you jump from budget clubs to name brand. 

As for fitting. It can be a slippery slope. I don't want to scare you away from it, just caution you. If you are in the middle of swing changes i strongly recommend waiting to get fitted. Unless of course you have money to burn on new shafts once your new swing changes become consistent. I've played stock shafts for 30 years and am a 5hcp with 3 little boys that kill my ability to be scratch. My point in bringing this up...a lesson will help your score more than custom equipment.  I've beat plenty of guys who had the best custom gear with my name brand stock equipment. If you don't know how use the tool it really doesn't matter how good you look. Sorry for that soap box. 

In conclusion, get to store or demo day, try several sets, pay attention to your dispersion and distance. The longer clubs tend to have more dispersion. So you may not want the clubs you hit the furthest. Get the ones that give you the best dispersion and the best distance. And be patient, you may love the clubs...take your notes, and then go shopping for best deal on the clubs you chose.

It's 90% Mental

There certainly can be a lot said for.. If it's not broke don't fix it. Your equipment now has carried you to a decent handicap. If you feel your equipment is holding you back or uts mismatched for you then its time to buy some new gear. But,,, you must get the best fit for your game. No matter what category that entails.
The proper shaft and grip can do more for your game than any head. Find a fitting professional in your area who has a good reputation. Do some homework and have a realistic budget.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Any rational provided on why players and not players distance? Did you at least hit some PD clubs?

I did hit a mix of both players and Players distance just to make sure I was playing work worked best. I couldn’t get the ball spin up high enough with any of the players distance and it was then bringing my landing angle down. Which brought me back basically same issue I was having before limited distance and not holding greens. I think I’ve landed on what’s gonna work best for me for quite some time