TESTERS WANTED! ×

Donate to MyGolfSpy

Tony Covey MGS

Just recently became active (as in earlier today) and have decided to donate. I already firmly believe in what you guys are attempting to accomplish and want to support you guys in that journey. Thank you for providing this platform to learn from others and gain truthful knowledge concerning new equipment. 

Most Recent Testing: :Sub70: 949x PRO Hybrid 

In my  :callaway-small: 2019 X-Cart Bag :  

:taylormade-small: M3 10.5* (TENSEI Blue 6R)

:benhogan-small: GS53 3W 14* (Review)

:mizuno-small: CLK 2017 4H 22* 

:taylormade-small: M6 Irons 4-PW (KBS MAX 85g Stiff Steel Shafts, Std Length & Lie)

AW, SW: :Sub70: Forged Satin 48*, 54* 

LW::vokey-small: SM6 60*

:wilson_staff_small:  Infinite Putter Michigan Ave 34"

:bridgestone-small: e6  

Current Tech:

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Rangefinder

:skycaddie: LX5 GPS Smartwatch (Review)

46 minutes ago, AGutierrez7 said:

Just recently became active (as in earlier today) and have decided to donate. I already firmly believe in what you guys are attempting to accomplish and want to support you guys in that journey. Thank you for providing this platform to learn from others and gain truthful knowledge concerning new equipment. 

Good for you and welcome to the forum!

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max (10.5* set at -1 and neutral) -- Mitsubishi Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Fairway: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 wood (16.5*) and Heaven Wood (20*)-- Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 5H (23*)--Tensai Blue 55g R shaft

Irons:  :callaway-small: Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW -- KBS Tour Graphite  TGI 70 shafts R +1/2 inch 3* upright

Wedges: Edison 53* and  57* KBS PGI 80 Graphite +1/2 inch 2* upright

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 -- BGT Stability shaft

Ball:  Maxfli TourX...Golf Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer...Shoes: :footjoy-small: Hyperflex... Glove: Red Rooster Feather

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

1 hour ago, AGutierrez7 said:

Welcome and thanks for your support of the site. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

• 1 month later...
On 8/3/2011 at 4:05 PM, Tony Covey MGS said:

Hopefully you've seen our blog posts announcing our donation program and club recycling program. Let me start by saying a very sincere thank you to those of you who have already donated. GolfSpy X is busy adding forum badges for those of you who's names and email addresses we recognized. If you have already donated, and don't have a badge, send me a PM and let me know the email address you used to donate, and we'll get you squared away as quickly as we can.

The decision to ask for donations was far from an easy one. It would have been simple enough to say that everyone else is doing it, so why shouldn't we, but as you know, we pride ourselves on doing things differently. Quite frankly, GolfSpy X and I were uncomfortable, and remain so, about asking for your money.

Ultimately we came to the realization that the commitments we've made to you, refusing big OEM advertising dollars in order to remain completely above the influence, completely independent, and unthethered from the marketing machines that drive the golf equipment industry, will fail without your financial support.

This isn't a doom and gloom post designed to scare you into opening up your wallets, but we do think it's important for everyone to understand where MyGolfSpy is as a business. We have a vision for what we can become, but we won't succeed without funding (and the time that funding will allow us to spend on growing the site). The ideas we'd like to implement are many of the same you've suggested to us. They include things like:

• Testing heads with the same shafts
  • Blind testing (masking the true identity of the clubs being tested)
  • Comparing custom fit equipment
  • Gather more and even better data (Trackman)
  • Purchase our test equipment at retail and eliminate the OEMs from the process completely

We'd love to do some of this, all of this, and even more. Our ultimate goal is to become globally recognizable as The Consumer Reports of Golf. That's not some catching marketing pitch, it's what we think a golf site 100% dedicated to the consumer should be. It's what we want to be.

The reality is that we can't do any of it without the support of our readers. Yeah, we could probably shut our mouths, behave ourselves, and play by the industry rules. If we did that it's reasonable to assume within 6 months the big guys would be calling us with six figure advertising opportunities. Of course then where would we be? We'd have more money, but we wouldn't be able to use it for any of the things we want to do; the things you've asked us to do. We'd simply become the latest in a long line of mini-golf digests; existing for little more than to keep sponsors happy and cash flowing. That's not what we want, and we hope that's not what you want.

We've made the decision to go all in and push forward our way and not look back. Whether or not we succeed is largely up to you, and everyone else who visits MyGolfSpy. If every person who visited our site in a single month donated just $1 we'd be well on our way. Of course, that's not a realistic expectation. All we can ask is for you to consider what MyGolfSpy offers you. If what we do has value to you, and if you believe in our vision for what a consumer driven golf site should look like, then please consider donating what you can to help us grow and become the golf site that many in the golf equipment industry want never to exist at all.

Details on how to donate can be found in this post. Also check out the details of our new Recycling Program.

Thanks,

T

I would like to donate and I followed that link and it won't let me click on the donation link?

15 minutes ago, Erik-M said:

I would like to donate and I followed that link and it won't let me click on the donation link?

Try this one: https://mygolfspy.com/donate/

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

After being a reader for years and now an active member, I am happy to say I've set up the recurring donation to MGS. This place is awesome, I'm loving all of the golf talk and review opportunities, and the golf ball test from last year and the upcoming lab from this year have me coming back for more! Is there somewhere I can get the Donor badge?! Thanks for everything!

In my Vessel-removebg-preview.png.afd31301c874ee24a33a6c5f06f4ab98.png Lux XV Cart Bag:
Driver: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png RADSPEED XB PTC 10.5° Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 VII Stiff
Utility: callaway-golf-vector-logo-removebg-preview.png.1467fda9195e29c96aa5066f048e91b9.png Apex UW 17° and 19° Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 70 6.0
4 Hybrid: image.png.0d0a9c800176ad44335fd0a7facba020.png KING LTDx 21° KBS PGI 85 Stiff
Irons: image.png.66179558e8e55b8b35b741c037395846.png ZX5/ZX7 Project X LZ 6.0
Wedges: image.png.620c54f7108fefbf49a94ba169f19081.png 2.0 49°, 53°, 57° Project X LZ 6.0
Putter:  logo-horizontal-black.svg LINK.1 34"
Ball: MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour (Thanks MGS for allowing me to test these!)

Check out my Official MGS Reviews Below!
:skycaddie: LX5 Watch - Link Here!

MaxFli.png.395dd0dca3a12529f636728b3e66a134.png Tour and TourX Golf Balls - Link Here!

image.png.28a3be9c497202cfc8176faecf8777ad.png Approach S70 Watch - Link Here!

4 hours ago, Josh Ross said:

After being a reader for years and now an active member, I am happy to say I've set up the recurring donation to MGS. This place is awesome, I'm loving all of the golf talk and review opportunities, and the golf ball test from last year and the upcoming lab from this year have me coming back for more! Is there somewhere I can get the Donor badge?! Thanks for everything!

Great stuff.  Glad you’re enjoying the forum.  Theres lots of great golf talk among the best members of any forum. 

if you have a record of any of your recurring donation transaction ids.  Just PM it to me amd ill get your tag. 

Thanks for supporting the site 

On 5/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Erik-M said:

Thanks, done!

Same.  Have read the site for years but just recently got on the forum.  Thanks to Covid should have some extra time to participate!

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth

Just made my donation... happy to support the good guys

WITB

Driver: Titleist TSi2 9º w/ Diamana DF 60 TX

3 Wood: Titleist 915F 16.5º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Taylor Made 300 Mini 11.5º w/ Fuji Ventus TR Red

Hybrids: Callaway Super Hybrid 17º w/ Tensei Orange

Titleist 816 H1 21º w/ Diamana Blueboard or Srixon U85 w/ UST Recoil

Irons (6-43º): Titleist T400 w/ DG AMT Red

Wedges: 48º Vokey SM6, 54º SM8, 60º Tour Issued Hand Ground Vokey

Putter: Titleist Scotty Cameron Newport Masterful Tourtype SSS CT A048277

• 3 weeks later...

Within an hour of browsing this site realized it was the place for me. Signed up for the forum and signed up for a donation subscription.

Can already tell the value of the content this site and forum produces. I am excited to be apart of it.

Right Handed

Taylormade sim2 9 degree ventus black 7x ( velecore) 44.5

Callaway epic flash sz 5 wood 17 degree tensi AV blue X

Mizuno CLK 19 degree tensi av blue X

Callaway x forged 16 4-pw Project x 6.0 +.75

Vokey SM7 black 50/54/58 Project x 6.0 flighted +.5 length 

Scotty cameron newport 2.6 34 length

• 3 weeks later...

Just yesterday I remembered  I had signed up, like how I see no product bias, not full of advertisements and pop ups , would like for it to stay that way. Donation done. 

DRIVER: default_cobra-small.jpg.125f3712aad21ad9f7ca2c672e34a299.jpg  Cobra F-8 set at 10.5,  Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 60 (R) 44 1/2 "

3 & 5 WOOD: default_callaway-small.jpg.a58e7c6760b71a9eb95d385ecc5d2200.jpg Callaway XR-16, Fujikura Speeder Evolution 565 Red (R) 

IRONS 5-SW: default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-700, 2 upright, std loft  Alta CB (R) + 1/2"

HYBRID 3-4:  default_ping-small.jpg.b7606a25498d65282474c96f18d2debd.jpg PING G-410, 1 upright,  Alta CB 70 Red (R) + 1/2"

PUTTER: Byron Experimental GSS

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/2/2019 at 8:37 AM, KurtActual said:

Just donated. I'll donate double next time I break 100. 

Love this site and the helpful input from the community along with the unbiased articles.

Following up. I've broken 100 twice, so I'm sending my donation(s) as promised.

Thanks for the continued content guys!

Tiger is the GOAT, change my mind.

• 1 month later...

I may be a complete dummy, well I know I am..., but I’ve been searching for some time & I can’t find how to actually Donate!

I did a search & found this thread.

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

Looking for a complete new bag

On 9/10/2020 at 12:29 PM, tommc23 said:

Done, thanks.

Why are there no links on the Forum?   Surely it would attract more donations if it were easier to find.

And might attract more if it showed up on user bio.  Not showing on mine.

Edited by Hookalot

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

Done, thanks.

Why are there no links on the Forum?   Surely it would attract more donations if it were easier to find.
And might attract more if it showed up on user bio.  Not showing on mine.

There are links on the forum. It may vary based on how you are looking at the forum. On iOS using chrome use the drop down menu, select MGS HQ and then donate.

The user tags; just like signatures, Are not visible on all platforms.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

53 minutes ago, cnosil said:

There are links on the forum. It may vary based on how you are looking at the forum. On iOS using chrome use the drop down menu, select MGS HQ and then donate.

The user tags; just like signatures, Are not visible on all platforms.

I’m on an iOS (on iPad) using Safari.

I can see everyone else’s Tags, but not mine.

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

9 minutes ago, Hookalot said:

I’m on an iOS (on iPad) using Safari.

I can see everyone else’s Tags, but not mine.

If you're referring to the Donor badge on certain profiles, those aren't added automatically. If you've made a donation, shoot me or one of the other mods a DM with the transaction ID, and we'll get that badge added to your profile right away.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Sorry if this is a redundant question, do you guys still do the golf club recycle program?

I have a set of irons from a few years back that I would like to donate.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

23 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Sorry if this is a redundant question, do you guys still do the golf club recycle program?

I have a set of irons from a few years back that I would like to donate.

We don’t on the forum.  I’m not sure on the main site, as i haven’t heard anything about that.  You can always reach them at contact@mygolfsoy.com to ask.  But I honestly think we would have heard something about it.  But we as a Moderating Staff have only been around four years. 

Love this place: it’s easily worth 3x what I spend on Golf and golf digest subscriptions. I happily set up a monthly donation, I wish I had found this place before I started spending serious $ on equipment!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

6 hours ago, Micah T said:

Love this place: it’s easily worth 3x what I spend on Golf and golf digest subscriptions. I happily set up a monthly donation, I wish I had found this place before I started spending serious $ on equipment!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Thanks for your support! We truly appreciate it. 

My Doner badge still not showing.   Do I have to do something to make that show?

And how do I get other badges?   I’ve had ONE hole in one & I’ve only broke 80 about 5 times, but if the badges are there, I’ll take ‘em 🤣

Titleist fairway wood

Titleist 22° Hybrid

Mizuno MX-25 5-PW

Cleveland 56°

Oddysey putter

16 minutes ago, Hookalot said:

My Doner badge still not showing.   Do I have to do something to make that show?

And how do I get other badges?   I’ve had ONE hole in one & I’ve only broke 80 about 5 times, but if the badges are there, I’ll take ‘em 🤣

If you have a confirmation email or number from your donation, just PM me a screen shot or number from that, and I'll take care of the Donor.   I'll add a broke 80 and HIO!   Congrats

• 4 months later...

Chunked a little change in the pot for 2021 💣

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, excourse said:

Done yesterday, waiting for the blue ink. 😉

Did you send a message to the forum admins with your transaction info? 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG