Our Sponsors

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So the rep just left, and got the full run down on everything.  AS Barbs mentioned above, we can't say anything  specific for a few more weeks, but a couple teases.  The V6 replacement is incr

NEXT Tuesday, boys. NEXT Tuesday....🙄🙄

The clock on the wall says it's time for a D7 driver/metal wood/hybrid refresh, as well as a D7 iron update. They usually announce these in early-mid January. There's also a long-rumored update to the

Besides the D7 forged that were released in January and we're testing, no.

• Haha 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Scuttlebutt around the web is a D9 line coming soon... I'd assume that would be the D7 SGI line replacement, and the D7 forged would not have a refresh this cycle. 

• Like 3

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 R flex 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:cleveland-small:  Smart Sole S
:cleveland-small: #10

Twitter: @russtopherb

Yes, to what Russ said above.  Expect to see a new D9 driver in the new year and probably a stock GI D series iron, would make since to match the driver in D9 name, but we will see.

The rep is coming by our shop next week, so I should get all the details then.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes, to what Russ said above.  Expect to see a new D9 driver in the new year and probably a stock GI D series iron, would make since to match the driver in D9 name, but we will see.

The rep is coming by our shop next week, so I should get all the details then.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this, and if they'll keep the Launch Pads which I don't think have been moving very well for them. I'm still a huge fan of the D200 line (wish my son would let me take them back out of his bag!) and I thought the D300s were great for the short time I had them... thanks a lot, stupid tennis elbow.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, huskie55 said:

let us know please, I had heard a new cavity back must just be a rumor

I will certainly pass on what I hear, and if any pictures are allowed, I will get some. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

The local Edwin Watts guy said theD7’s were the best sellers this year

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

The clock on the wall says it's time for a D7 driver/metal wood/hybrid refresh, as well as a D7 iron update. They usually announce these in early-mid January. There's also a long-rumored update to the FG Tour V6 irons coming - to be branded Staff Model. We shall see. And we may see a Staff Model branded driver, as well. 

And to echo @fozcycle and others, the D7 irons have been very successful (remember, successful for Wilson and successful for Callaway are two different successfuls), and the D7 driver is sneaky good. Launch Pad? Yeah, we'll see...it'll get its two year run and we'll see what they do with the category. 

Their global marketing director was let go a few weeks ago - no word yet on a replacement, so we'll see how that all plays out. 

• Like 6

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I hope they sort out the marketing of the brand.  Seems like the product is up to par but they lack a focused marketing effort. 

Yep. They don’t have any consistency. That and finding the clubs in store sometimes can be an issue. I am a bonafide W/S homer but their brand messaging is well behind almost all of the other OEMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Hopefully the rumored CB is is branded similarly to (and maybe even blendable with) their blades and utility iron that came out last year. Best looking irons in the market IMO.

• Like 2

Driver:  :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 9* w/ Ventus Blue 6X 

Fairway:   :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ 15* w/ Atmos Black 7X 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: 818H2 19* w/ Tensei White 90  

Irons: :cobra-small: King Forged CB w/ KBS $ Taper 130

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Great- so now that I've set my sights on D7 forged and am waiting "patiently" for prices to come down, there's a V6 replacement coming?! Different categories, I know, but it seems I'm on the fence in many categories...

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

9 hours ago, AH1980MN said:

Great- so now that I've set my sights on D7 forged and am waiting "patiently" for prices to come down, there's a V6 replacement coming?! Different categories, I know, but it seems I'm on the fence in many categories...

They've been talking about a V6 replacement for a while, and it will definitely fall under the Staff Model banner like the blades, wedges and utility irons (my favorites!). You'll have to wait another year for the D7 Forged to go into closeout though - they're pretty strict on 2-year cycles and those are at the tail-end of the first year. It would not be a surprise, though, to see them come out with a special or limited edition D7 Forged this year in black. They did that with the C300 Forged - just to give the product a little boost in year two. 

• Like 2

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Update -- look for a V6 replacement to be announced fairly soon, with D7 replacements in mid-January.  Also something interesting in the ball category by the middle of next month. 

• Like 5

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Update -- look for a V6 replacement to be announced fairly soon, with D7 replacements in mid-January.  Also something interesting in the ball category by the middle of next month. 

Definitely looking forward to see what they introduce in January... with the balls, maybe an updated Duo Pro? We shall see. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:02 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

They've been talking about a V6 replacement for a while, and it will definitely fall under the Staff Model banner like the blades, wedges and utility irons (my favorites!). You'll have to wait another year for the D7 Forged to go into closeout though - they're pretty strict on 2-year cycles and those are at the tail-end of the first year. It would not be a surprise, though, to see them come out with a special or limited edition D7 Forged this year in black. They did that with the C300 Forged - just to give the product a little boost in year two. 

Oh for sure- the product cycles and markdowns are steady- I was thinking used market. It does seem like ages since the V6 came out though.

• Like 1

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

15 hours ago, huskie55 said:

Does this mean new replacement for d7 forged

No. As @GolfSpy Barbajo noted above, those are still in the first year of their release cycle. So I wouldn't expect a replacement introduced until late 2021 roughly. 

16 hours ago, huskie55 said:

Does this mean new replacement for d7 forged

29 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No. As @GolfSpy Barbajo noted above, those are still in the first year of their release cycle. So I wouldn't expect a replacement introduced until late 2021 roughly. 

This ^^

They were released in January this year and there's four of us currently testing them. https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40126-2020-official-member-review-wilson-d7-forged-irons/

• Like 1

In the bag:
:taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 4-GW UST Mamiya Recoil 680 F4
:cleveland-small: Smartsole S
:yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

Testing: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!