TESTERS WANTED! ×

Wilson irons

huskie55

Besides the D7 forged that were released in January and we're testing, no.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Scuttlebutt around the web is a D9 line coming soon... I'd assume that would be the D7 SGI line replacement, and the D7 forged would not have a refresh this cycle. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Yes, to what Russ said above.  Expect to see a new D9 driver in the new year and probably a stock GI D series iron, would make since to match the driver in D9 name, but we will see.

The rep is coming by our shop next week, so I should get all the details then.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yes, to what Russ said above.  Expect to see a new D9 driver in the new year and probably a stock GI D series iron, would make since to match the driver in D9 name, but we will see.

The rep is coming by our shop next week, so I should get all the details then.

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this, and if they'll keep the Launch Pads which I don't think have been moving very well for them. I'm still a huge fan of the D200 line (wish my son would let me take them back out of his bag!) and I thought the D300s were great for the short time I had them... thanks a lot, stupid tennis elbow.

3 minutes ago, huskie55 said:

let us know please, I had heard a new cavity back must just be a rumor

I will certainly pass on what I hear, and if any pictures are allowed, I will get some. 

The local Edwin Watts guy said theD7’s were the best sellers this year

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

The clock on the wall says it's time for a D7 driver/metal wood/hybrid refresh, as well as a D7 iron update. They usually announce these in early-mid January. There's also a long-rumored update to the FG Tour V6 irons coming - to be branded Staff Model. We shall see. And we may see a Staff Model branded driver, as well. 

And to echo @fozcycle and others, the D7 irons have been very successful (remember, successful for Wilson and successful for Callaway are two different successfuls), and the D7 driver is sneaky good. Launch Pad? Yeah, we'll see...it'll get its two year run and we'll see what they do with the category. 

Their global marketing director was let go a few weeks ago - no word yet on a replacement, so we'll see how that all plays out. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I hope they sort out the marketing of the brand.  Seems like the product is up to par but they lack a focused marketing effort. 

Yep. They don’t have any consistency. That and finding the clubs in store sometimes can be an issue. I am a bonafide W/S homer but their brand messaging is well behind almost all of the other OEMs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully the rumored CB is is branded similarly to (and maybe even blendable with) their blades and utility iron that came out last year. Best looking irons in the market IMO.

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

Great- so now that I've set my sights on D7 forged and am waiting "patiently" for prices to come down, there's a V6 replacement coming?! Different categories, I know, but it seems I'm on the fence in many categories...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

9 hours ago, AH1980MN said:

Great- so now that I've set my sights on D7 forged and am waiting "patiently" for prices to come down, there's a V6 replacement coming?! Different categories, I know, but it seems I'm on the fence in many categories...

They've been talking about a V6 replacement for a while, and it will definitely fall under the Staff Model banner like the blades, wedges and utility irons (my favorites!). You'll have to wait another year for the D7 Forged to go into closeout though - they're pretty strict on 2-year cycles and those are at the tail-end of the first year. It would not be a surprise, though, to see them come out with a special or limited edition D7 Forged this year in black. They did that with the C300 Forged - just to give the product a little boost in year two. 

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Update -- look for a V6 replacement to be announced fairly soon, with D7 replacements in mid-January.  Also something interesting in the ball category by the middle of next month. 

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

3 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

Update -- look for a V6 replacement to be announced fairly soon, with D7 replacements in mid-January.  Also something interesting in the ball category by the middle of next month. 

Definitely looking forward to see what they introduce in January... with the balls, maybe an updated Duo Pro? We shall see. 

On 10/7/2020 at 7:02 AM, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

They've been talking about a V6 replacement for a while, and it will definitely fall under the Staff Model banner like the blades, wedges and utility irons (my favorites!). You'll have to wait another year for the D7 Forged to go into closeout though - they're pretty strict on 2-year cycles and those are at the tail-end of the first year. It would not be a surprise, though, to see them come out with a special or limited edition D7 Forged this year in black. They did that with the C300 Forged - just to give the product a little boost in year two. 

Oh for sure- the product cycles and markdowns are steady- I was thinking used market. It does seem like ages since the V6 came out though.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

15 hours ago, huskie55 said:

Does this mean new replacement for d7 forged

No. As @GolfSpy Barbajo noted above, those are still in the first year of their release cycle. So I wouldn't expect a replacement introduced until late 2021 roughly. 

16 hours ago, huskie55 said:

Does this mean new replacement for d7 forged

29 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

No. As @GolfSpy Barbajo noted above, those are still in the first year of their release cycle. So I wouldn't expect a replacement introduced until late 2021 roughly. 

This ^^

They were released in January this year and there's four of us currently testing them. https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/40126-2020-official-member-review-wilson-d7-forged-irons/

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 10/5/2020 at 9:59 AM, russtopherb said:

I'm looking forward to seeing where they go with this, and if they'll keep the Launch Pads which I don't think have been moving very well for them. I'm still a huge fan of the D200 line (wish my son would let me take them back out of his bag!) and I thought the D300s were great for the short time I had them... thanks a lot, stupid tennis elbow.

The Launchpad line will carry over into 2021, but no real changes to it. It's been a huge hit with women and seniors.   But not so much with moderate or above swing types.

Looking forward to seeing the new D9 irons. The driver... eh if it's still an ultra lightweight model like previous D line drivers, prob not for me.

50 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So the rep just left, and got the full run down on everything.  AS Barbs mentioned above, we can't say anything  specific for a few more weeks, but a couple teases. 

• The V6 replacement is incredible looking, and will fit nicely alongside the Staff Blades.
  • The new ball, very very intriguing.  There are internet rumblings out there about it.  But we'll have the full details soon enough, look for it in early 2021 I believe.
  • D9 irons look like you'd expect them to be, much like the D7 everything about them will be a distance story.
  • D9 Driver, saw it, liked it want to hit it to find out more.  
  • Wedges have a new addition to the line.
  • Putters mostly carry over from this year, with one new addition that has my attention!! 

Sorry I have but can't share pics of any of the above, details and those will come soon enough. 

That V6 replacement tease...🤤

Driver:  :titelist-small: TSi 3 10* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X 

Fairway/Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSi 2 15* & 18* w/ Graphite Design AD IZ 7X, AD IZ 95X

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 4i, P770 5-7i, P7MC 8-P, $ Taper 120

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 52F/54 S, 58 M w/ Modus 125

Putter:  :cameron-small:  California Hollywood 34" Circle H

23 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So the rep just left, and got the full run down on everything.  AS Barbs mentioned above, we can't say anything  specific for a few more weeks, but a couple teases. 

• The V6 replacement is incredible looking, and will fit nicely alongside the Staff Blades.
  • The new ball, very very intriguing.  There are internet rumblings out there about it.  But we'll have the full details soon enough, look for it in early 2021 I believe.
  • D9 irons look like you'd expect them to be, much like the D7 everything about them will be a distance story.
  • D9 Driver, saw it, liked it want to hit it to find out more.  
  • Wedges have a new addition to the line.
  • Putters mostly carry over from this year, with one new addition that has my attention!! 

Sorry I have but can't share pics of any of the above, details and those will come soon enough. 

What about the ball that came out this summer that they are out of? The new tour ball will that be continued?? Hated the baller box

4 minutes ago, huskie55 said:

What about the ball that came out this summer that they are out of? The new tour ball will that be continued?? Hated the baller box

The Duo Professional will continue into 2021.  The "new" ball details will be announced in the coming weeks. 

I'm not sure what ball came out this summer?

32 minutes ago, huskie55 said:

The staff model ball.

Sorry got my terms mixed up.  

The Staff Professional is the 4 piece high 90's compression, it will continue as is into 2021

The Duo Professional is the 60 compression 3 piece that continues into 2021 as well

The "new" ball details can't be talked about yet.  But I will say it is in the Tour ball category