TESTERS WANTED! ×

Steadfast Golf Driver Shaft?

GregB135

Is anyone playing one of these? https://steadfastgolf.com/

Wondering if anyone has put their straighter/longer claim to the test. At $99 right now is it worth a shot?

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

I'm playing it in a Sim Max and I really like it.  Great length and only pushed or pulls when I put a poor swing on it.   Yes, I can slice it, but really have to try had to do so.  I've got 4 rounds in with it, and it's been worth the price to me.  Just really solid.  Others have had some quality control issues with the adapter coming loose from the shaft, but mine has been solid.

You can try it but it's really just another company trying to leverage a fitting parameter that will most likely not impact real world results. It's easy to get lost thinking about shaft torque but in reality it's a ways down the list in terms of getting fit for a shaft and generally isn't even discussed in fittings. There is no one size fits all shaft profile regardless of flex. 

Regarding club design, the clubhead determines most of what happens when you hit an off center shot. In theory, the club head is a 100% free-wheeling object at impact with the shaft having almost no impact on what the head actually does. The difference between a shaft with 1.2 torque vs 3.2 torque is negligible to performance outside of how they feel. Your skin stretching and how you're holding the club will probably have a higher impact on how much the shaft twists than the shafts actual torque specification. 

I don't know if there shaft is good or not. If you can try it and it fits you great but the odds of it being the best fitting shaft for you is probably low if you tested against several other shafts. 

Update: I was looking through the vague answers to the FAQs on their website and found this gem: "up to 25% fewer mis-hits". The shaft has 0% to do with mishits unless you're a grown adult using a kids club. The whole website is full of unsubstantiated claims and doesn't actually give one technical detail about their shafts. I'm skeptical about this shaft being any different other than it is probably lower torque than most. 

Edited by Kansas King

@Quigleyd had one. I think the adapter came off within the first few shots.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

@Quigleyd had one. I think the adapter came off within the first few shots.

Yep.. and now I cant find it. haha. I put it in a closet to glue up or send back and I think my kids found it. Now I have no idea where it is.. If I find it I guess I will try to glue it back up and see how it goes.. The 3 swing i made before it failed were not impressive, but who really knows. Over all it is probably not worth the $99 it costs. Its seems very cheaply made. No finish, just a sticker for a logo.

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

On 10/5/2020 at 2:49 PM, Quigleyd said:

Yep.. and now I cant find it. haha. I put it in a closet to glue up or send back and I think my kids found it. Now I have no idea where it is.. If I find it I guess I will try to glue it back up and see how it goes.. The 3 swing i made before it failed were not impressive, but who really knows. Over all it is probably not worth the $99 it costs. Its seems very cheaply made. No finish, just a sticker for a logo.

I was thinking about it, but now you've got me un-thinking.........Thanks!!

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Ping Tour 65

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

Scotty Cameron Custom welded LN 

Grips- GP MCC+4

1 hour ago, TENBUCK said:

I was thinking about it, but now you've got me un-thinking.........Thanks!!

Yeah i wouldn’t buy it. Their excuse was that there first batch had adapter issues because of “bad epoxy”. Thats the worst excuse ever. I heard the tips weren’t even prepped. A company that sells shafts should know how to prep and epoxy a tip.

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

2 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Yeah i wouldn’t buy it. Their excuse was that there first batch had adapter issues because of “bad epoxy”. Thats the worst excuse ever. I heard the tips weren’t even prepped. A company that sells shafts should know how to prep and epoxy a tip.

Mine was not prepped. If they cant manage that small detail, what is going on with the shaft production process?

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

• 1 month later...

I just recently had a client bring in an R-Flex SteadFast driver shaft. He is a 6 handicaper with a nice moderate swing tempo. He didn't like the very high launch angle the shaft was rendering with his Maverik 10.5* Driver, but thought the nice high launch would work well on his Mavrik 4W. I measured the shaft by putting one of my Epic driver heads on it, and set the weight in the head to 200g (club length was close to 45", 44.875"). The freq measured in at 205 CPM, WAY too flexible for this guy. He did confirm that it took a little adjustment on his part to hit it, but he said he hit it pretty straight, just way too high (now we know why, VERY tip flexible). So the plan was to put this on his 4W (the 4W weighed in at 215g a pretty std 4W head weight), but after removing the grip, tape, and shaft adapter the raw shaft weight was about 47g. I was concerned about the light weight and flexibility for a FW metal, and also concerned after reading that they don't recommend tip trimming the shaft. I then measured the tip diameter to see how much of a parallel tip I was dealing with, and got kind of a shocker. The tip diameter for the 1st 3.5" of the tip section measured in a .310" - .314". A far cry from .335". The tip didn't reach .335" until about 5.75" into the shaft. Now we know why the shaft adapters are falling off. The reason is not bad epoxy it's the small tip diameter. I also discovered that this shaft is in no way shape or form "spineless" (360* pure). It wobbled all over the place with the driver head on it, until I rotated the shaft to a pure point, where I marked it for later.

So then I reached out to the manufacturer, and their response was very quick. They reaffirmed that they didn't recommend tip trimming and putting it on the 4W, but they never answered my question as to why, or if doing so would be detrimental to the shaft. The initial response was to simply trade it in for the heavier 3W or 5W shaft, and that the FW shaft would render a lower launch angle. Um, but the higher launch angle was the reason my customer wanted it on the 4W in the first place right? In any case I was then directed to the owner, and asked him very specific questions about if we could tip trim the driver shaft to make it work on the 4W, and would doing so be detrimental to the shaft. I also asked about the bend profile of the 3W shaft, and what the relative launch angle difference might be between the 3W and driver shaft.

The owner simply responded with a short reply about how tip trimming the driver shaft would change the balance and feel, and the response to the launch angle difference was, "well it is hard to know for sure, because golfers with different abilities have different swings". So much for their marketing paragraph about thousands of hours of launch data testing, and that there is no difference between a robot and golfers of any ability. Anyway, I realize that they really don't know me from Adam, and that they are probably flooded with questions from allot of people, but it would have been nice to get a more specific and technical answer.

So my customer (who is also quite technical), decided to simply try the tip trim, and to put it in the 4W. After trimming it 1.25" and having a finished club length of 42.75", we ended up with a freq of 220 CPM and a swing weight of D1. I will say this however, carbon fiber does have some advantages, because it is incredibly strong! So strong in fact that my 14" chop saw had trouble cutting the tip, and the butt. It almost stopped, and I had to cut it gingerly in small steps. We will see how the 4W experiment goes, but after hitting a few shots in the cage it seemed to launch quite nicely for him.

My conclusion is, while initially not being that impressed with the quality of the shaft, or the answers from the company, the carbon fiber idea does have allot of potential. SteadFast is in the early stages of proving out the concept in a golf shaft. They are making some strides forward, but are still in a discovery stage. They have a few things to iron out, but I think they are on a good track to offer something unique and innovative. The shaft is incredibly strong, and will probably never ever break (you might break a chop saw before breaking a shaft). I think that once they iron out some of the shaft tolerances, flexibility, and graphic issues, that they will have a pretty good product. For now though, you're going to have to use allot of glass beads in your epoxy to keep it on a club, but I would keep an eye on them.

Interesting perspective on the shaft. I think there issue is they are trying to make a one-size-fits-all shaft and that just isn't how it works. It doesn't surprise me their first shaft had a soft tip and high launch as that probably helps many golfers who all think they need low spin set ups when they really don't. Since they are local to the U.S. I'm hoping the best for them but they really need to clean up their marketing. The claims on their website make is sound like a joke. The carbon fiber may have some unique playing characteristics but ultra-low torque doesn't seem like it would solve any problems for most golfers. If they could maybe bring a few shafts with different profiles to market and give a better sales pitch other than low torque, they might have something.

On 11/11/2020 at 1:18 PM, NatesGolf said:

I just recently had a client bring in an R-Flex SteadFast driver shaft. He is a 6 handicaper with a nice moderate swing tempo. He didn't like the very high launch angle the shaft was rendering with his Maverik 10.5* Driver, but thought the nice high launch would work well on his Mavrik 4W. I measured the shaft by putting one of my Epic driver heads on it, and set the weight in the head to 200g (club length was close to 45", 44.875"). The freq measured in at 205 CPM, WAY too flexible for this guy. He did confirm that it took a little adjustment on his part to hit it, but he said he hit it pretty straight, just way too high (now we know why, VERY tip flexible). So the plan was to put this on his 4W (the 4W weighed in at 215g a pretty std 4W head weight), but after removing the grip, tape, and shaft adapter the raw shaft weight was about 47g. I was concerned about the light weight and flexibility for a FW metal, and also concerned after reading that they don't recommend tip trimming the shaft. I then measured the tip diameter to see how much of a parallel tip I was dealing with, and got kind of a shocker. The tip diameter for the 1st 3.5" of the tip section measured in a .310" - .314". A far cry from .335". The tip didn't reach .335" until about 5.75" into the shaft. Now we know why the shaft adapters are falling off. The reason is not bad epoxy it's the small tip diameter. I also discovered that this shaft is in no way shape or form "spineless" (360* pure). It wobbled all over the place with the driver head on it, until I rotated the shaft to a pure point, where I marked it for later.

So then I reached out to the manufacturer, and their response was very quick. They reaffirmed that they didn't recommend tip trimming and putting it on the 4W, but they never answered my question as to why, or if doing so would be detrimental to the shaft. The initial response was to simply trade it in for the heavier 3W or 5W shaft, and that the FW shaft would render a lower launch angle. Um, but the higher launch angle was the reason my customer wanted it on the 4W in the first place right? In any case I was then directed to the owner, and asked him very specific questions about if we could tip trim the driver shaft to make it work on the 4W, and would doing so be detrimental to the shaft. I also asked about the bend profile of the 3W shaft, and what the relative launch angle difference might be between the 3W and driver shaft.

The owner simply responded with a short reply about how tip trimming the driver shaft would change the balance and feel, and the response to the launch angle difference was, "well it is hard to know for sure, because golfers with different abilities have different swings". So much for their marketing paragraph about thousands of hours of launch data testing, and that there is no difference between a robot and golfers of any ability. Anyway, I realize that they really don't know me from Adam, and that they are probably flooded with questions from allot of people, but it would have been nice to get a more specific and technical answer.

So my customer (who is also quite technical), decided to simply try the tip trim, and to put it in the 4W. After trimming it 1.25" and having a finished club length of 42.75", we ended up with a freq of 220 CPM and a swing weight of D1. I will say this however, carbon fiber does have some advantages, because it is incredibly strong! So strong in fact that my 14" chop saw had trouble cutting the tip, and the butt. It almost stopped, and I had to cut it gingerly in small steps. We will see how the 4W experiment goes, but after hitting a few shots in the cage it seemed to launch quite nicely for him.

My conclusion is, while initially not being that impressed with the quality of the shaft, or the answers from the company, the carbon fiber idea does have allot of potential. SteadFast is in the early stages of proving out the concept in a golf shaft. They are making some strides forward, but are still in a discovery stage. They have a few things to iron out, but I think they are on a good track to offer something unique and innovative. The shaft is incredibly strong, and will probably never ever break (you might break a chop saw before breaking a shaft). I think that once they iron out some of the shaft tolerances, flexibility, and graphic issues, that they will have a pretty good product. For now though, you're going to have to use allot of glass beads in your epoxy to keep it on a club, but I would keep an eye on them.

The fact that the tip should be 0.335" but was at 0.310" is enough for me to never considering buying one of these

Updated 07/15/2022

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2020 at 4:18 PM, NatesGolf said:

Hello MyGolfSpy Community!

Steadfast Golf here. Thank you for all this discussion about our golf shafts! There is some great feedback in here.

I see that most of the negative comments are from pre-November which would mean that yes, these were from our first batches! We'd like to address this.

We admit, there were inconsistencies at that time in our advertising of our shaft metrics. These issues have been corrected! Updated pictures have been posted on our Facebook page and updated on the website.

Glue/Adaptor Issues: Our two part epoxy was not properly 1:1 mixed on a batch of 50 S2 shafts and this led to...you guessed it...50 customers with twisting adaptors. I would be ticked, I get it! I'm not saying I wouldn't have taken it to the pro shop and got it epoxied for $5 and given it a true shot (we told them to do this and send us the bill to cover the cost), but hey that is each individual's prerogative and we all know how picky golfers can be. All of these individuals that reached out about this received a free shaft as a replacement...above and beyond a simple $5 pro shop fix. We want to make sure that you know each and every customer is important to us and that we stand behind our product. We have upgraded our epoxy to a premix Brampton aerospace grade epoxy. We have had 1 total return in the last 30 days over 1,000+ orders that was related to glue quality. A handful of other returns we have seen on the S4 is due to our product not meshing with their particular swing paths....not every shaft is perfect for 100% of the players out there as we know. That is why there's more than one shaft company.

We have gone through 4 iterations of our shafts in 3 months. The S1, our prototype model, was used for simulator testing, robot testing, and then field testing. We then perfected this model to be the "S2". The S3 (for 2 days of production) was a "ultralight" shaft that weighed in at 45 grams. It was more of a proof of concept iteration / we were challenged by our Facebook page community to deliver a light shaft. Some of these were sent out and this lead to even more confusion about our play metrics. Understood. Things were changing on the fly and it was hard to keep the website updated! You'll notice that most of the forum comments throughout the web are from around this time.....that is why.

Our most recent iteration, the S4, is our best foot forward. We have implemented multiple quality control checks on grip application and tipping procedure steps and with our new team members. We have put 8 Americans back to work during a this pandemic. We are proud of that. Every day, we are learning and getting better. We have 8 guys putting in 12 hour days to make sure that you all have the ability to purchase a high performing golf shaft that doesn't break your bank and is made in America.

We have changed our shaft logos to be smaller. We know that we don't have as impressive graphics like the big boys. Our emphasis was on proving first the torque concept, getting our dispersion patterns better than F*jik*ra and Mits*bi*hi (3rd Party Tested via Golf Laboratories - we beat them on a robot by 37 and 46 yards respectively.) You guys know why they spend money on their graphics (which you end up paying for in the end)? It's to "hide" all of these "imperfections" or in actuality, "realities" of making a carbon fiber golf shaft. We aren't trying to fool anyone. Here is our raw golf shaft that performs better statistically than the leading competitors. Ok, now we can get fancy with graphics, different grips, higher grade raw materials (we use raw materials that are 6x the price they use in Asia, we are experimenting with the materials that are 18x) We don't pay brokers, we don't ship our product across an ocean on a cargo ship, we don't pay tarrif taxes, we don't pay distributors, we don't spend millions of dollars annually on advertising, etc. All of those costs are built into your +$250 shaft.

We just make golf shafts and sell them direct to the customer....cutting out the umpteen steps that make your shaft cost +$250

We are a 3 month old company that stands behind our products and will do everything in our power to address any issues you are seeing. We offer a performance guarantee and a flex guarantee. If you want to try another flex, we'll make it happen. If you want your money back, no problem. Our customer service team rocks and will take care of you.

We have 2,200+ customers in the last 3 months that seem to be really enjoying their Steadfast Golf shafts - unfortunately some blogs seems to trend towards the negative.

We have recently released 3W and 5W shafts, with hybrids in development.

If you have read this far, thank you. Come check out our Facebook page "Steadfast Golf" to see the comments from our community, our Instagram "steadfastgolf" for day to day updates and posts (like Whit Merrifield playing our shaft at Pebble Beach last weekend) , or head over to www.steadfastgolf.com to check out our offerings. Email us, call us, FB chat us, Instagram Message us, send us a messenger pigeon....we will take care of you, answer any and all of your questions, and ensure that you have all of the information you need before you make your purchase.

Happy Swinging!

Steadfast Golf

Thanks for taking the time to post here on the forum.  I hope you stick around and give us some more information.

I can't speak for other forum members, but the fact that you offer what appears to be one model (I see where you design each flex differently from the ground up, so perhaps it's five models with one flex each) is very different from what we're used to seeing from other manufacturers, and it invites the "one size fits all" comments.  You might have an interesting story as to why your approach is going to work for all players, but I don't see that story on your web site.  It should be there, and in this forum, and on the main My Golf Spy site.  You may very well have a better mousetrap (at the price point, I hope you do), but I'm not seeing what I need to see to pull the trigger (especially without a fitting).

Tell your story and get us interested.  I love that it's made here in the US, and the carbon fiber angle is interesting.  Good luck!

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Hello Hardcore Looper and the rest of the MyGolfSpy forum!

We are here to stay in the forum - - ask anything and everything!  We stand behind our products. 

Currently we offer Senior, Regular, Stiff, and 1X driver flexes - - each flex designed individually for weight, balance and performance. Each cookie has a different recipe 

Most people have some toe hits and heel hits mixed in with the absolute pure flushes off the tee ( I know everyone on here hits arrows down the middle every time 🙂 but for the others..... ) - - the torque metrics on our shafts help to control these mishits and keep your overall dispersion tighter off the tee - - less big misses left and right and more baby fades and draws is the result. Our dispersion and claims are 3rd party verified by Golf Laboratories and can be easily repeated  - - We can provide the experiment parameters if interested.

Our goal is to beat the competition in Performance, Price, and Customer Service.

We are putting American workers back to work. We are manufacturing a product in the USA.

Our goal is to give each golfer the performance that his/her game deserves at a price that won't break their bank accounts.  We do this all while using raw materials that are 6x the price of what they are currently using for your +$200 driver shafts  (we are experimenting with the 18x raw material as well). Our B2C business model allows us to do this! Zero middlemen.

Tighter dispersion means better shots, more control, makes the game more fun, speeds it up (so more can enjoy our beloved game!) and makes it affordable for everyone!

We now offer 3W and 5W shafts as well, with hybrid shafts in development/testing. 

I will post on the main forum page as well  - thank you for that suggestion 🙂

11 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

Hello MyGolfSpy Community!

Steadfast Golf here. Thank you for all this discussion about our golf shafts! There is some great feedback in here.

I see that most of the negative comments are from pre-November which would mean that yes, these were from our first batches! We'd like to address this.

We admit, there were inconsistencies at that time in our advertising of our shaft metrics. These issues have been corrected! Updated pictures have been posted on our Facebook page and updated on the website.

Glue/Adaptor Issues: Our two part epoxy was not properly 1:1 mixed on a batch of 50 S2 shafts and this led to...you guessed it...50 customers with twisting adaptors. I would be ticked, I get it! I'm not saying I wouldn't have taken it to the pro shop and got it epoxied for $5 and given it a true shot (we told them to do this and send us the bill to cover the cost), but hey that is each individual's prerogative and we all know how picky golfers can be. All of these individuals that reached out about this received a free shaft as a replacement...above and beyond a simple $5 pro shop fix. We want to make sure that you know each and every customer is important to us and that we stand behind our product. We have upgraded our epoxy to a premix Brampton aerospace grade epoxy. We have had 1 total return in the last 30 days over 1,000+ orders that was related to glue quality. A handful of other returns we have seen on the S4 is due to our product not meshing with their particular swing paths....not every shaft is perfect for 100% of the players out there as we know. That is why there's more than one shaft company.

We have gone through 4 iterations of our shafts in 3 months. The S1, our prototype model, was used for simulator testing, robot testing, and then field testing. We then perfected this model to be the "S2". The S3 (for 2 days of production) was a "ultralight" shaft that weighed in at 45 grams. It was more of a proof of concept iteration / we were challenged by our Facebook page community to deliver a light shaft. Some of these were sent out and this lead to even more confusion about our play metrics. Understood. Things were changing on the fly and it was hard to keep the website updated! You'll notice that most of the forum comments throughout the web are from around this time.....that is why.

Our most recent iteration, the S4, is our best foot forward. We have implemented multiple quality control checks on grip application and tipping procedure steps with our new team members. We have put 8 Americans back to work during a this pandemic. We are proud of that. Every day, we are learning and getting better. We have 8 guys putting in 12 hour days to make sure that you all have the ability to purchase a high performing golf shaft that doesn't break your bank and is made in America.

We have changed our shaft logos to be smaller. We know that we don't have as impressive graphics like the big boys. Our emphasis was on proving first the torque concept, getting our dispersion patterns better than F*jik*ra and Mits*bi*hi (3rd Party Tested via Golf Laboratories - we beat them on a robot by 37 and 46 yards respectively.) You guys know why they spend money on their graphics (which you end up paying for in the end)? It's to "hide" all of these "imperfections" or in actuality, "realities" of making a carbon fiber golf shaft. We aren't trying to fool anyone. Here is our raw golf shaft that performs better statistically than the leading competitors. Ok, now we can get fancy with graphics, different grips, higher grade raw materials (we use raw materials that are 6x the price they use in Asia, we are experimenting with the materials that are 18x) We don't pay brokers, we don't ship our product across an ocean on a cargo ship, we don't pay tariff taxes, we don't pay distributors, we don't spend millions of dollars annually on advertising, we don't sponsor hundreds of PGA players (YET!). All of those costs are built into your +$250 shaft.

We just make golf shafts and sell them direct to the customer....cutting out the umpteen steps that make your shaft cost +$250

We are a 3 month old company that stands behind our products and will do everything in our power to address any issues you are seeing. We offer a performance guarantee and a flex guarantee. If you want to try another flex, we'll make it happen. If you want your money back, no problem. Our customer service team rocks and will take care of you.

We have 2,200+ customers in the last 3 months that seem to be really enjoying their Steadfast Golf shafts - unfortunately some blogs seems to trend towards the negative.

We have recently released 3W and 5W shafts, with hybrids in development.

If you have read this far, thank you. Come check out our Facebook page "Steadfast Golf" to see the comments from our community, our Instagram "steadfastgolf" for day to day updates and posts (like Whit Merrifield playing our shaft at Pebble Beach this weekend) , or head over to www.steadfastgolf.com to check out our offerings. Email us, call us, FB chat us, Instagram Message us, send us a messenger pigeon....we will take care of you, answer any and all of your questions, and ensure that you have all of the information you need before you make your purchase.

Happy Swinging!

Steadfast Golf

James 1:12

Guys, although providing some answers is kind of you, My Golf Spy does have rules about just jumping-in here and advertising. You might want to take a look at the sites “by-laws”, and contact HQ before continuing to ask for business.

It’s only fair that all companies follow the same rules.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

@GolfSpy MPR

@GolfSpy Stroker

@GolfSpy STUDque

@Golfspy_CG2

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

- - each flex designed individually for weight, balance and performance.

On your site you repeatedly mention torque and balance. And how on a robot you got better dispersion. Questions about those two areas.

I don’t doubt that you can get a robot to provide those type of results especially with your design being extremely low torque. The problem I foresee is that torque is a big part of feel. You essentially build a shaft that has minimal rotation during the swing which;especially on a robot, return the clubface square resulting in straighter shots. What you sacrifice is feel for the player and the shaft feels like a steel rod. When you put that shaft in a players hands you have essentially taken away all feel and rely on the player to trust their swing.

You also talk about balance between the shaft and clubhead. However, club heads are not standard and come in different weights with different weight distribution. The differing soecs across the industry seem to make it impossible to make a shaft that would be balanced for every clubhead. You could design a shaft that works well for club A but not fit club B.

Sounds like you have created a extremely stiff single weight shaft that works ideally with a couple of head designs. We put that on a robot and showed that it hits the ball straighter. Unfortunately, people don’t work like robots and respond differently to things like torque and weight. Why do you think that you limited configuration shafts will work for everyone?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

2 hours ago, PMookie said:

Guys, although providing some answers is kind of you, My Golf Spy does have rules about just jumping-in here and advertising. You might want to take a look at the sites “by-laws”, and contact HQ before continuing to ask for business.

@GolfSpy MPR

@GolfSpy Stroker

@GolfSpy STUDque

@Golfspy_CG2

Spies - @Steadfast Golf DM'ed me, and I let him know to contact the mods about getting an OEM badge and forum etiquette for OEMs.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What I'm gathering here is that the Steadfast shaft is essentially the second coming of steel driver shafts but just light like graphite? It seems the shaft design isn't terribly different that a steelfiber iron shaft in terms of being low torque and like steel but the weight and bend profile will be better suited for a driver?

This may be a good thing and it would be interesting to see some people on a launch monitor. If you @Steadfast Golf can get some credible youtubers to try the shaft and/or get MGS to try it out, you might gain a load of success in selling the shafts. It's 2020 and launch monitors are king. If you can find credible ways to demonstrate your shaft on a launch monitor, I would be down to support a local company.

15 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Send a few shafts to MyGolfSpy HQ to let their testers see how your claims match up with reality. Send a 1X shaft to TXG and let Matty rip on it while Ian gives us his thoughts on the tech specs. 

If it performs according to those guys, people here (and beyond) will be more willing to trust the results and give the product a go. 

You can always contact the mods of this forum and set up member testing as well. Read through some of the recent shaft tests done here, I think you’ll find the dedication to detail quite impressive. Those are the things the MGS community relies on, as opposed to data that comes from “golf laboratories” and doesn’t cite any form of EI profile to help us understand bend characteristics or anything about how the shaft really performs. 

A customer sent a few of our shafts to TXG  (our S2 version) and they are allegedly going to do a review on them this week from the whispers I've heard. They mentioned us in the live stream 11.24 at 1 hour 5 min timestamp

I have contacted MGS Rob to get the address for sending them some shafts.

We appreciate the attention to detail of the golf community!  

FYI - https://www.golflabs.com/about  = Golf Laboratories. They designed the first golf robots in 1994 and have been/are the industry standard my friend, no air quotes necessary 🙂 

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

@GolfSpy MPR

@GolfSpy Stroker

@GolfSpy STUDque

@Golfspy_CG2

Thanks for the heads up! We should have read the guidelines before jumping right in! We want to play by the rules

I have contacted Rob for more info 🙂 

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

On your site you repeatedly mention torque and balance. And how on a robot you got better dispersion. Questions about those two areas.

I don’t doubt that you can get a robot to provide those type of results especially with your design being extremely low torque. The problem I foresee is that torque is a big part of feel. You essentially build a shaft that has minimal rotation during the swing which;especially on a robot, return the clubface square resulting in straighter shots. What you sacrifice is feel for the player and the shaft feels like a steel rod. When you put that shaft in a players hands you have essentially taken away all feel and rely on the player to trust their swing.

You also talk about balance between the shaft and clubhead. However, club heads are not standard and come in different weights with different weight distribution. The differing soecs across the industry seem to make it impossible to make a shaft that would be balanced for every clubhead. You could design a shaft that works well for club A but not fit club B.

Sounds like you have created a extremely stiff single weight shaft that works ideally with a couple of head designs. We put that on a robot and showed that it hits the ball straighter. Unfortunately, people don’t work like robots and respond differently to things like torque and weight. Why do you think that you limited configuration shafts will work for everyone?

Great questions!

Just like any shaft - - there is no "one size fits all golfers swings" shaft, we get that. 

We offer a flex and a performance guarantee - - so If you don't like the shaft you ordered, we can get you into a different flex for you to try or give you your money back. It's essentially a free trial. You have nothing to lose. 

There is definitely variation in the OEM head weights, we have the ability and the equipment to make our shafts "perfectly" balanced for individual OEMS. We have not implemented these procedures at this time as we are trying to keep up with all the orders! 

You'll just have to swing one and see if it feels like a steel rod  - - I haven't hear that feedback from anyone yet. You still have the ability to shape you shots! You still have to trust your swing to shape the shot in the first place 🙂 

7 hours ago, Kansas King said:

What I'm gathering here is that the Steadfast shaft is essentially the second coming of steel driver shafts but just light like graphite? It seems the shaft design isn't terribly different that a steelfiber iron shaft in terms of being low torque and like steel but the weight and bend profile will be better suited for a driver?

This may be a good thing and it would be interesting to see some people on a launch monitor. If you @Steadfast Golf can get some credible youtubers to try the shaft and/or get MGS to try it out, you might gain a load of success in selling the shafts. It's 2020 and launch monitors are king. If you can find credible ways to demonstrate your shaft on a launch monitor, I would be down to support a local company.

Indeed

We put our ForeSight GCQuads to work! We have a 3 bay simulator in which we meticulously test our shafts. We have plenty of launch monitor data - - if you are on Instagram, the "steadfastgolf" page has lots of posts that includes launch monitor stats. 

TXG has our S2 shafts and will be reviewing shortly so we've heard. I have reached out to Rick Shiels for their address and am awaiting response 🙂 

I have reached out to MGS Rob for mailing address as well!

48 minutes ago, Steadfast Golf said:

TXG Review of our S2 Shaft   

As always, great video from TXG. 

I found the comparison between the X flex and R flex fascinating. I’d love to see this in the hands of some members for forum testing. Based on my interpretation of what the TXG guys are saying, this could be a solid gamer for slow to moderate swing speed players. Perhaps a nice niche market for those older players whose swing speed has slowed down, and don’t feel the merit of an expensive aftermarket shaft?

As someone who swings almost as fast as Matty, I’d agree that gaming a D9 swingweight setup would be tough for me. It’d be like swinging a sledgehammer all day!

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

16 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

As always, great video from TXG. 

I found the comparison between the X flex and R flex fascinating. I’d love to see this in the hands of some members for forum testing. Based on my interpretation of what the TXG guys are saying, this could be a solid gamer for slow to moderate swing speed players. Perhaps a nice niche market for those older players whose swing speed has slowed down, and don’t feel the merit of an expensive aftermarket shaft?

As someone who swings almost as fast as Matty, I’d agree that gaming a D9 swingweight setup would be tough for me. It’d be like swinging a sledgehammer all day!

FYI - - the LST head is 6-8 grams heavier than some of the other big names. So that should put SIM, F9/Speedzone, and others around D4-D5 at the 45” playing length

Our S4 Shafts were designed to address this similar feedback we were getting back in September  - - we are sending them out some S4s  ASAP

Edited by Steadfast Golf
didn't see a question within post

Interesting review.  Not exactly positive but not necessarily negative.   Based on your response why send the S2 when the S4 is your latest product?  I am assuming that you sent the shaft with a Ping adapter so you should have known the SW that would create.  This definitely sounds like you have to try the shaft to see if it works well for you.   You have a money back guarantee and flex exchange policy, are you covering return shipping if the shaft is sent back?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Interesting review.  Not exactly positive but not necessarily negative.   Based on your response why send the S2 when the S4 is your latest product?  I am assuming that you sent the shaft with a Ping adapter so you should have known the SW that would create.  This definitely sounds like you have to try the shaft to see if it works well for you.   You have a money back guarantee and flex exchange policy, are you covering return shipping if the shaft is sent back?

A customer sent those to TXG in early October....that was completely out of our control 

We did reach out multiple times to them for an address to send them S4 shafts and to see what shaft model they were reviewing, but didn't get a response as I assume they were trying to remain as unbiased as possible. 

We will be sending them S4s don't you worry 🙂 

19 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

FYI - https://www.golflabs.com/about  = Golf Laboratories. They designed the first golf robots in 1994

Parente and Golf Laboratories designed their first golf robots in 1994.  TrueTemper's original Iron Byron goes back to the 1960's.  Not doubting Parente's pedigree (I'd heard of him before this), but robots were in use well before '94.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

1 hour ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Parente and Golf Laboratories designed their first golf robots in 1994.  TrueTemper's original Iron Byron goes back to the 1960's.  Not doubting Parente's pedigree (I'd heard of him before this), but robots were in use well before '94.

Iron Byron is a great robot name 👍