Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Steadfast Golf Driver Shaft?

GregB135

@Steadfast Golf Thanks for joining in the discussion. It makes this a unique opportunity to get feedback direct from the manufacturer.

A couple of additional questions.

1. Has the issue of the tip diameter mentioned earlier in the thread been addressed/corrected?

2. I don’t know off the top of my head if the USGA has any rules regarding the material makeup of clubs/shafts etc., like they do for club length and the size of club heads and groove shape and depth and the like. Is the company aware of any reason the Steadfast shafts would not be considered conforming to USGA standards?

Thanks again for engaging with the community.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

2 hours ago, GregB135 said:

@Steadfast Golf Thanks for joining in the discussion. It makes this a unique opportunity to get feedback direct from the manufacturer.

A couple of additional questions.

1. Has the issue of the tip diameter mentioned earlier in the thread been addressed/corrected?

2. I don’t know off the top of my head if the USGA has any rules regarding the material makeup of clubs/shafts etc., like they do for club length and the size of club heads and groove shape and depth and the like. Is the company aware of any reason the Steadfast shafts would not be considered conforming to USGA standards?

Thanks again for engaging with the community.

Yes! The tipping procedure and diameter issues have been addressed with the Quality Control team. 

We got our letter of approval for our designs from the USGA in August 👍

I have one of these coming so I'll be able to throw in my thoughts here in a few days 🙂   Couldn't beat it for $75 & the return policy 👍

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     :titleist-small: TSR3 9* UST Mamiya Proto LIN-Q Blue 

Fairways   :titleist-small: TSi2 UST Mamiya LIN-Q Blue 13.5* 

Driving Iron:   :titleist-small: U500 17* :Fuji:  Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   :titleist-small: T350 4 & 5, T200 6 - PW UST Mamiya Recoil Dart F4 105g

Wedges    :vokey-small: SM9 48*, SM9 52*, SM8 56* Modus Tour Wedge 

Putter    :cameron-small: Newport 2 w/ Garsen Ultimate grip 

Ball    :titleist-small:  *ProV1 Left Dot

13 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

Yes! The tipping procedure and diameter issues have been addressed with the Quality Control team. 

We got our letter of approval for our designs from the USGA in August 👍

Why isn’t there an option for me to choose from these different versions you speak of? I can’t seem to make selections that would dial in the swingweight I’d like to see. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

14 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Why isn’t there an option for me to choose from these different versions you speak of? I can’t seem to make selections that would dial in the swingweight I’d like to see. 

You can come to my garage and dig through the trash 🙂 

We sell the S4 version  - - that's all!

We no longer manufacture the S1-3 as the S4 addresses the feedback that we were getting from the previous versions

Just received my s4 x flex for my m5 tour. Haven't been able to hit it yet, but it does look noticeably thicker in the midsection of the shaft. Is that typical? Can't wait to compare to my HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g. Do wish midsize grip was an option, but the price was nice (even though I missed the black Friday offer by 2 weeks).

TM M5 Tour 9 degree HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Exotics cbx 3w 15 degree HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Exotics cbx 18 degree hybrid HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Mizuno jpx 900 forged 4-pw Kbs tour 130X 1/2" long 2° flat

TM MG 50,54,58 wedges KBS tour 130x (50°), project x 6.5 (54° & 58°)

Seemore si2 flatty

So this shaft finally came in today.

Looks: I'm not too fond of the all matte carbon looking finish with no logos, color, etc. The sticker just below grip is the only identifier that it's a Steadfast shaft.
Came with a Golf Pride velvet grip, which is fine. The adapter is no where near aligned. A1 should be aligned under the GP logo, unless it's been spined but I highly doubt it.
Length is at least an inch or inch and half longer than standard. The picture is comparing my gamer Helium shaft cut at 44.5"
Weight is a bit heavier than what I'm used to. Am I going to have to go after it more than usual? Or do I just rely on the weight of the shaft to help gain momentum in the swing?
I have yet to swing it outside (raining) but its together just waiting.

More comments soon to come.

Steadfast_#4.jpg

Steadfast_#1.jpg

Steadfast_#2.jpg

Steadfast_#3.jpg

Steadfast_#5.jpg

I just received a 3 pack of these. Was gonna try out the 1 and for 69 more could get a 3 and 5...So went for it. Have reviewed tests by several of the internet posters and the rviews seemed good. Would love to support a US Company and the price point with the latest offer was too good. 3 shafts 3 adaptors 3 grips for 150 shipped....Sold

Epic Flash 9 &15

Titliest 915 18&21

Staff 5 to G

Ping SW

Wide Flange LW

TM Spider X

On 12/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, golfinnut said:

So this shaft finally came in today.

Looks: I'm not too fond of the all matte carbon looking finish with no logos, color, etc. The sticker just below grip is the only identifier that it's a Steadfast shaft.
Came with a Golf Pride velvet grip, which is fine. The adapter is no where near aligned. A1 should be aligned under the GP logo, unless it's been spined but I highly doubt it.
Length is at least an inch or inch and half longer than standard. The picture is comparing my gamer Helium shaft cut at 44.5"
Weight is a bit heavier than what I'm used to. Am I going to have to go after it more than usual? Or do I just rely on the weight of the shaft to help gain momentum in the swing?
I have yet to swing it outside (raining) but its together just waiting.

More comments soon to come.

Steadfast_#4.jpg

Steadfast_#1.jpg

Steadfast_#2.jpg

Steadfast_#3.jpg

Steadfast_#5.jpg

Have you been able to hit with the new shaft yet?

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

I went ahead and placed an order for a driver and 3-wood shaft, both in Stiff flex. If they perform as well as the company claims, $75 ea. was just too good a deal to pass up. Of course, now I have to go put some swings on them to see what the results will be. 

For comparisons the Driver is a Gen1 PXG with Hzrds Smoke Yellow S 60g. The 3 wood is a Diamana Blue S 70g.

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

On 12/6/2020 at 2:52 AM, jddaigneault said:

Have you been able to hit with the new shaft yet?

Just in my back yard.  I can smash it as hard as I can & this thing doesn't go offline.  It's weird though.  It feels stout throughout the shaft & I can feel where the club head is, so you would think there wouldn't be any torque.  Nope ... when contact is made, I feel the head twisting bigtime.  But yet it stays online.  I hit that one ... "yep, felt a bit off the toe" ... sure enough, mark on the toe, with a slight draw.  Perfect I say.  Another three swings .... one pull & two Bombs dead straight.  I've only hit it a total of 6 times & I would say that 5 / 6 would have hit the fairway.  

I'll see if I can take a pic of my "range" in the back yard today.  I try & visualize a specific tee shot on my regular course & hit it between two trees I see in the distance.  So far, I am pleasantly surprised by this shaft.  

Which BTW ...  if I had one of those fantastic Rapsodo launch monitors for my back yard, I could really post some serious reviews of the shaft.  😉 

4 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Just in my back yard.  I can smash it as hard as I can & this thing doesn't go offline.  It's weird though.  It feels stout throughout the shaft & I can feel where the club head is, so you would think there wouldn't be any torque.  Nope ... when contact is made, I feel the head twisting bigtime.  But yet it stays online.  I hit that one ... "yep, felt a bit off the toe" ... sure enough, mark on the toe, with a slight draw.  Perfect I say.  Another three swings .... one pull & two Bombs dead straight.  I've only hit it a total of 6 times & I would say that 5 / 6 would have hit the fairway.  

I'll see if I can take a pic of my "range" in the back yard today.  I try & visualize a specific tee shot on my regular course & hit it between two trees I see in the distance.  So far, I am pleasantly surprised by this shaft.  

Sounds interesting. If the shaft truly is as low-torque as they claim, it makes me wonder if you're feeling more twisting because the shaft isn't twisting. More of the twisting force is being directed to your hands instead getting absorbed by the shaft. If anyone with a shaft profiler is on this thread it would be really neat to know what shafts the Steadfast's bend profile is similar to.

As far as the shaft making shots more accurate, I wonder if lower torque has any impact on the club faces "gear-effect" and if the shaft has a greater impact depending on the driver head's bulge and roll.

Gimmick or not, I would be down for supporting a local company if the shaft ultimately performs well.

My two shafts should arrive today 😃, hopefully before dark. I'm working from home today so I'm planning to get in some testing time with the Sqairz shoes anyway. Maybe I'll be able to get two birds with the same stone.

Interestingly, I got the S4 model. I am curious what the difference is for the first addition. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

Definitely need to cut this to my playing length.  The added length is screwing with my control bigtime.  Once I choke down to my playing length, I hit straight bombs!  

2 hours ago, golfinnut said:

Definitely need to cut this to my playing length.  The added length is screwing with my control bigtime.  Once I choke down to my playing length, I hit straight bombs!  

How much you cutting?  What's the swingweight before and after cutting?  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Installed the shafts and went to the range. Pretty much decided already that the 3W shaft will go back. Jury still out on the driver shaft. 

In general, they both just feel really heavy to me, even though with the driver shaft installed in the PXG head, it weighed out exactly the same as my Titleist driver with the Diamana Blue 60 shaft. Both shafts weighed in at 5g heavier than their compared shafts.

How much you cutting?  What's the swingweight before and after cutting?  
Its playing at 46.5" right now. So I'll probably cut 1.5" off at least to get it to my playing length of 45"
Right now its swing weight is D6.5 so I'd want to get it down to my normal D3 or D4. I'm not too worried about the SW ... I have enough Titleist weights to get it adjusted correctly

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hit my new s4 x flex driver shaft yesterday. Liked the feel and hit it well even with the small grip. My normal draw was still there and I only lost 2 left of fairway. Attributed those to quick transition and not the shaft. Can't wait to slap a midsized grip or maybe a jumbo and get after it. Really liked how it felt on the last drive of the day that I really went at aggressively. Too early to really tell (shorter course so only 7 holes i pulled driver on), but this looks promising. 

Seemore si2 flatty

Recenlty, I bought one of these Steadfast driver shafts with a G410 adapter for my brother on Black Friday.  There was a sale, for 25% off.   

He picked up a Ping driver head lately, and is in "find the shaft mode".   So I thought I'd get him rolling.  

But I messed up as his driver was actually a G400, I thought it was a G410.  And...

Anyway he does all of his own club work, so no big deal,  but when he pulled the G410 adapter, he said it basically fell off, and the tip preparation, was to put it nicely, a f---king cluster.   Looked like a dull pencil tip chewed on by a hungry Doberman.

Good thing he didn't have a G410 head, the 1st swing with the way that shaft adapter was installed the head would be flying.  

I read previous post by Mr. Steadfast about their improved quality plans and workmanship, blah, blah.  

Two possibilites, Steadfast hasn't done anything about their quality, or they dumped all of their old stuff on a Black Friday sale.

GAR-BAGE

Got a 2nd shaft for my new Callaway driver.  Just as stout as the one in my Sim Max.  Played 2 rounds with the Callaway and not crazy about it.  But the Steadfast feels the same as the one in my Sim, so they are consistent. 

Going back to the Sim Max full time as the Callaway didn't wow me.  Still a fan of the Steadfast shaft in my driver and not looking to replace it.  I've tried 4 different brand name shafts in my Sim, and the Steadfast beats them all for my swing.   Thanks you Steadfast!

• 4 weeks later...

Just received the Steadfast Raw driver shaft I’d ordered. Stiff flex. Being the “raw” shaft, it comes in its most basic state, no grip, no head adapter. I enjoy tweaking my clubs, and have no problem glueing the tips and gripping. I had read a lot online, but after watching a TXG YouTube video in steadfast and their low torque, it piqued my interest. Went to their website and found a hell of a deal for the raw shaft at $49!  

So here’s my assessment as an 11 handicap with moderate club building experience. 
1. steadfast website mentions their shafts have “no spine”. While I found my steadfast shaft did have a spine, it was VERY difficult to pinpoint. I always align my shaft spines to minimize torque (face twist) on impact. 
2. Noticed shaft was 1/2” longer than current 45” Aldila Rip’d I was playing. Used it as is as I was looking to go up 1/2” in length. Was surprised the shaft wasn’t longer requiring “butt” trimming as most other shafts do. Also, if looking for a 48”er, you’re not going to find it here.

3. There were a couple of defects I noticed on the shaft, one gouge within a 1/4” of the tip, and I the butt had a process “defect” all the way around the top 1/2” of the shaft near the butt. If trimming the butt, it have eliminated the defect. As it was, I just added a couple of layers of 1/2” grip tape around it to fill the void. As far as the tip, I scuffed it with some sand paper (as I always do before glueing) and installed the tip adapter with my 2 part epoxy and glass bead additive to give consistent spacing and adhesion.

4. If you’re looking for a “flashy” stick, this isn’t your shaft. Plain Jane and I even peeled the steadfast sticker off of the shaft. 
5. Now for how it performs...like a dream come true!!!  Took my titleist 917D driver to the range today to adjust the adapter setting for face angle. Hit over 100 drives. The harder I swung, the further the ball went. I had two pushes and 1 pull that neither drew or faded. The ball flies straight off from the delivery of the club head face. Most of my hits are near center. But had my share of heel and toe hits just to see the affects of mishits. I quite literally couldn’t mess up! Swing soft, straight, just not as far. Swing hard, and the 27 year old kid next to me looked at my 48yo self in awe like I was a beast! Looking forward to Sunday’s gaggle as my buddies will definitely inquire as to how I’m hitting so many fairways! Who cares about looks when $$$ is going into your wallet!?!?

917D Driver

917F 3W

TS2 hybrid 19&21 degrees

T300 5i - PW

Cleavland 50, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5

Snell MTB-X or Pro V1

There are a lot of "new" posters on this thread that All seem to have something positive to say about this shaft company which seems a bit like a plant to me?

I am a bit skeptical and I hope I am 100% wrong.

@cnosil @HardcoreLooper 

im not sure who the moderators are to tag them?

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Buffly said:

There are a lot of "new" posters on this thread that All seem to have something positive to say about this shaft company which seems a bit like a plant to me?

I am a bit skeptical and I hope I am 100% wrong.

@cnosil @HardcoreLooper 

im not sure who the moderators are to tag them?

Yeah, amazing how the one post they have on MGS is right in this thread. Almost like they came to MGS and looked for this thread specifically.

Hmmm. Maybe nothing to it, but it is odd.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I have 2, both the current S4 version. The first didn’t have the adapter fully filled with epoxy - you could see space between the shaft and adapter. They sent a replacement and on my second time out it launched my driver head down the driving range. The tips still do not appear to be .335, though I didn’t measure, and there was no parallel section, just a constant taper. I asked for a refund. They approved but it still hasn’t hit my card after several weeks. 

The shaft’s did seem to perform very well for me. So I think there is an opportunity there for them to have a quality product. They just have more to correct in their build/design in my opinion. 

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

Update to my “raw” steadfast stiff driver shaft. 
I was finally able to get out and play a full round today. Unfortunately the weather in San Antonio hasn’t been “good” golf weather lately, either too wet, too windy, or too cold. Today was sunny with about 4mph winds, but only 49*F, so still on the chilly side. Had no issues with the titleist driver adapter I epoxied onto the shaft. It stayed put just fine. Distance wise, I’d say I played about average yardage, which being about 10-15 degrees cooler than what I normally play, maybe equals 5-10 yards longer than my previous Aldila Rip’d stiff. What I did notice was 9 of 14 fairways hit, and hit well, e.g. not far off from intended line. Of the 5 misses, 3 drew to the left and were two drivers lengths away from the fairway or less. 2 pushes to the right, straight right, no fade. The misses I could live with as they weren’t outside the trees lining the fairway. I did notice the shaft took my swingweight from about a D7 to an E0. I like a heavier swingweight, and what I found was my driver impacts wear very consistent around the center of the face. All in all, I’m pretty impressed with the shaft. I’ve reached out to the Steadfast company to see if they’d do a “raw” 3w shaft deal like their driver shaft. Unfortunately they haven’t replied. 

Edited by John in SATX

917D Driver

917F 3W

TS2 hybrid 19&21 degrees

T300 5i - PW

Cleavland 50, 56, 60 Wedges

Scotty fastback 1.5

Snell MTB-X or Pro V1

• 4 weeks later...

Update: 3rd or 4th round played with the shaft. 1st since December 8 so I'll say I'm a little rusty. Hit some great shots with the driver starting on hole 6 and the driver stayed steady the rest of the round. I did notice a cosmetic blemish on the 1st teebox though. Pic attached. Might be a loose strand, but I'm not optimistic given some previous posts regarding QC in this thread. Still a nice stick, but I hope I'm not posting later about their customer service. 

20210203_133712.jpg

20210203_133724.jpg

Edited by Bob.m.sullivan

Seemore si2 flatty

The shaft was in the just OK category.  I did not notice any appreciable increase in distance or accuracy compared to my current shafts.  The feel of the shaft felt inconsistent and stiff.  I was also not expecting the raw unfinished look to the shaft as the advertisement link I went through showed a finished shaft look.  Minor issue there but just added to the underwhelming experience. 

Biggest gripe now is with the refund/return policy.  I requested a return within the allowable time frame and the initial response and reply was prompt and professional and we arranged for the return of the shaft with a refund upon receipt.  I returned the shaft and then received an acknowledgement email stating some odd error with their credit refund system that they will have to mail my refund to me.  Customer service contact has not responded to my last 4 emails asking for status for my "check that is in the mail".  Look for a more reputable vendor with a decent product for your shaft needs.

• 4 weeks later...
My shaft arrived with no sticker and a grip that was not a golf pride tour velvet. The layup of the fiber looks very poor with visible gaps between sheets and layers. The shaft does not feel smooth. The surface feels wavy when you run a finger along the length of the shaft.

No response to email sent to customer service, Facebook messenger chat only replied to say I should contact customer service via email. Calling customer service you are also advised to use email.