Steadfast Golf Driver Shaft?

Our Sponsors

14 hours ago, PMookie said:

Guys, although providing some answers is kind of you, My Golf Spy does have rules about just jumping-in here and advertising. You might want to take a look at the sites “by-laws”, and contact HQ before continuing to ask for business.

It’s only fair that all companies follow the same rules.

Best of luck in your endeavors!

@GolfSpy MPR

@GolfSpy Stroker

@GolfSpy STUDque

@Golfspy_CG2

Thanks for the heads up! We should have read the guidelines before jumping right in! We want to play by the rules

I have contacted Rob for more info 🙂 

• Like 3
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Send a few shafts to MyGolfSpy HQ to let their testers see how your claims match up with reality. Send a 1X shaft to TXG and let Matty rip on it while Ian gives us his thoughts on the tech specs. 

I just recently had a client bring in an R-Flex SteadFast driver shaft. He is a 6 handicaper with a nice moderate swing tempo. He didn't like the very high launch angle the shaft was rendering with hi

I have one of these coming so I'll be able to throw in my thoughts here in a few days 🙂   Couldn't beat it for $75 & the return policy 👍

Posted Images

14 hours ago, cnosil said:

On your site you repeatedly mention torque and balance. And how on a robot you got better dispersion. Questions about those two areas.

I don’t doubt that you can get a robot to provide those type of results especially with your design being extremely low torque. The problem I foresee is that torque is a big part of feel. You essentially build a shaft that has minimal rotation during the swing which;especially on a robot, return the clubface square resulting in straighter shots. What you sacrifice is feel for the player and the shaft feels like a steel rod. When you put that shaft in a players hands you have essentially taken away all feel and rely on the player to trust their swing.

You also talk about balance between the shaft and clubhead. However, club heads are not standard and come in different weights with different weight distribution. The differing soecs across the industry seem to make it impossible to make a shaft that would be balanced for every clubhead. You could design a shaft that works well for club A but not fit club B.

Sounds like you have created a extremely stiff single weight shaft that works ideally with a couple of head designs. We put that on a robot and showed that it hits the ball straighter. Unfortunately, people don’t work like robots and respond differently to things like torque and weight. Why do you think that you limited configuration shafts will work for everyone?

Great questions!

Just like any shaft - - there is no "one size fits all golfers swings" shaft, we get that. 

We offer a flex and a performance guarantee - - so If you don't like the shaft you ordered, we can get you into a different flex for you to try or give you your money back. It's essentially a free trial. You have nothing to lose. 

There is definitely variation in the OEM head weights, we have the ability and the equipment to make our shafts "perfectly" balanced for individual OEMS. We have not implemented these procedures at this time as we are trying to keep up with all the orders! 

You'll just have to swing one and see if it feels like a steel rod  - - I haven't hear that feedback from anyone yet. You still have the ability to shape you shots! You still have to trust your swing to shape the shot in the first place 🙂 

7 hours ago, Kansas King said:

What I'm gathering here is that the Steadfast shaft is essentially the second coming of steel driver shafts but just light like graphite? It seems the shaft design isn't terribly different that a steelfiber iron shaft in terms of being low torque and like steel but the weight and bend profile will be better suited for a driver?

This may be a good thing and it would be interesting to see some people on a launch monitor. If you @Steadfast Golf can get some credible youtubers to try the shaft and/or get MGS to try it out, you might gain a load of success in selling the shafts. It's 2020 and launch monitors are king. If you can find credible ways to demonstrate your shaft on a launch monitor, I would be down to support a local company.

Indeed

We put our ForeSight GCQuads to work! We have a 3 bay simulator in which we meticulously test our shafts. We have plenty of launch monitor data - - if you are on Instagram, the "steadfastgolf" page has lots of posts that includes launch monitor stats. 

TXG has our S2 shafts and will be reviewing shortly so we've heard. I have reached out to Rick Shiels for their address and am awaiting response 🙂 

I have reached out to MGS Rob for mailing address as well!

48 minutes ago, Steadfast Golf said:

TXG Review of our S2 Shaft   

As always, great video from TXG. 

I found the comparison between the X flex and R flex fascinating. I’d love to see this in the hands of some members for forum testing. Based on my interpretation of what the TXG guys are saying, this could be a solid gamer for slow to moderate swing speed players. Perhaps a nice niche market for those older players whose swing speed has slowed down, and don’t feel the merit of an expensive aftermarket shaft?

As someone who swings almost as fast as Matty, I’d agree that gaming a D9 swingweight setup would be tough for me. It’d be like swinging a sledgehammer all day!

• Like 2

P790s/M5 Driver/F9 3wood/F9 hybrid/MG2 wedges/Ardmore putter

16 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

As always, great video from TXG. 

I found the comparison between the X flex and R flex fascinating. I’d love to see this in the hands of some members for forum testing. Based on my interpretation of what the TXG guys are saying, this could be a solid gamer for slow to moderate swing speed players. Perhaps a nice niche market for those older players whose swing speed has slowed down, and don’t feel the merit of an expensive aftermarket shaft?

As someone who swings almost as fast as Matty, I’d agree that gaming a D9 swingweight setup would be tough for me. It’d be like swinging a sledgehammer all day!

FYI - - the LST head is 6-8 grams heavier than some of the other big names. So that should put SIM, F9/Speedzone, and others around D4-D5 at the 45” playing length

Our S4 Shafts were designed to address this similar feedback we were getting back in September  - - we are sending them out some S4s  ASAP

Edited by Steadfast Golf
didn't see a question within post
  • Like 3

Interesting review.  Not exactly positive but not necessarily negative.   Based on your response why send the S2 when the S4 is your latest product?  I am assuming that you sent the shaft with a Ping adapter so you should have known the SW that would create.  This definitely sounds like you have to try the shaft to see if it works well for you.   You have a money back guarantee and flex exchange policy, are you covering return shipping if the shaft is sent back?

• Like 2

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  :taylormade-small:TM-180

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330,   :EVNROLL: ER2.2,  

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Interesting review.  Not exactly positive but not necessarily negative.   Based on your response why send the S2 when the S4 is your latest product?  I am assuming that you sent the shaft with a Ping adapter so you should have known the SW that would create.  This definitely sounds like you have to try the shaft to see if it works well for you.   You have a money back guarantee and flex exchange policy, are you covering return shipping if the shaft is sent back?

A customer sent those to TXG in early October....that was completely out of our control 

We did reach out multiple times to them for an address to send them S4 shafts and to see what shaft model they were reviewing, but didn't get a response as I assume they were trying to remain as unbiased as possible. 

We will be sending them S4s don't you worry 🙂 

• Like 3
19 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

FYI - https://www.golflabs.com/about  = Golf Laboratories. They designed the first golf robots in 1994

Parente and Golf Laboratories designed their first golf robots in 1994.  TrueTemper's original Iron Byron goes back to the 1960's.  Not doubting Parente's pedigree (I'd heard of him before this), but robots were in use well before '94.

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
7 Wood  - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha Warbird S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
5i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :taylormade-small: TP5X Pix
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

What's in timeout:
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4i - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )

1 hour ago, HardcoreLooper said:

Parente and Golf Laboratories designed their first golf robots in 1994.  TrueTemper's original Iron Byron goes back to the 1960's.  Not doubting Parente's pedigree (I'd heard of him before this), but robots were in use well before '94.

Iron Byron is a great robot name 👍

• Like 1

@Steadfast Golf Thanks for joining in the discussion. It makes this a unique opportunity to get feedback direct from the manufacturer.

A couple of additional questions.

1. Has the issue of the tip diameter mentioned earlier in the thread been addressed/corrected?

2. I don’t know off the top of my head if the USGA has any rules regarding the material makeup of clubs/shafts etc., like they do for club length and the size of club heads and groove shape and depth and the like. Is the company aware of any reason the Steadfast shafts would not be considered conforming to USGA standards?

Thanks again for engaging with the community.

• Like 1

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Rossie

2 hours ago, GregB135 said:

@Steadfast Golf Thanks for joining in the discussion. It makes this a unique opportunity to get feedback direct from the manufacturer.

A couple of additional questions.

1. Has the issue of the tip diameter mentioned earlier in the thread been addressed/corrected?

2. I don’t know off the top of my head if the USGA has any rules regarding the material makeup of clubs/shafts etc., like they do for club length and the size of club heads and groove shape and depth and the like. Is the company aware of any reason the Steadfast shafts would not be considered conforming to USGA standards?

Thanks again for engaging with the community.

Yes! The tipping procedure and diameter issues have been addressed with the Quality Control team. 

We got our letter of approval for our designs from the USGA in August 👍

• Like 3

I have one of these coming so I'll be able to throw in my thoughts here in a few days 🙂   Couldn't beat it for $75 & the return policy 👍

• Like 6

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

13 hours ago, Steadfast Golf said:

Yes! The tipping procedure and diameter issues have been addressed with the Quality Control team. 

We got our letter of approval for our designs from the USGA in August 👍

Why isn’t there an option for me to choose from these different versions you speak of? I can’t seem to make selections that would dial in the swingweight I’d like to see. 

14 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Why isn’t there an option for me to choose from these different versions you speak of? I can’t seem to make selections that would dial in the swingweight I’d like to see. 

You can come to my garage and dig through the trash 🙂 

We sell the S4 version  - - that's all!

We no longer manufacture the S1-3 as the S4 addresses the feedback that we were getting from the previous versions

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just received my s4 x flex for my m5 tour. Haven't been able to hit it yet, but it does look noticeably thicker in the midsection of the shaft. Is that typical? Can't wait to compare to my HZRDUS Smoke Black 6.5 70g. Do wish midsize grip was an option, but the price was nice (even though I missed the black Friday offer by 2 weeks).

• Like 1

TM M5 Tour 9 degree HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Exotics cbx 3w 15 degree HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Exotics cbx 18 degree hybrid HZRDUS Smoke black 6.5

Mizuno jpx 900 forged 4-pw Kbs tour 130X 1/2" long 2° flat

TM MG 50,54,58 wedges KBS tour 130x (50°), project x 6.5 (54° & 58°)

Seemore si2 flatty

So this shaft finally came in today.

Looks: I'm not too fond of the all matte carbon looking finish with no logos, color, etc. The sticker just below grip is the only identifier that it's a Steadfast shaft.
Came with a Golf Pride velvet grip, which is fine. The adapter is no where near aligned. A1 should be aligned under the GP logo, unless it's been spined but I highly doubt it.
Length is at least an inch or inch and half longer than standard. The picture is comparing my gamer Helium shaft cut at 44.5"
Weight is a bit heavier than what I'm used to. Am I going to have to go after it more than usual? Or do I just rely on the weight of the shaft to help gain momentum in the swing?
I have yet to swing it outside (raining) but its together just waiting.

More comments soon to come.

Steadfast_#4.jpg

Steadfast_#1.jpg

Steadfast_#2.jpg

Steadfast_#3.jpg

Steadfast_#5.jpg

• Like 3

WITB:  Do I like Titleist or what? 

Driver:     TSi2 9* Project X HZRDUS RDX Smoke C3 setting

Fairways   HZRDUS Smoke 13.5* & 19* C3 setting

Driving Iron:   U500 17* Fujikura Blue Ventus HB Velocore 

Irons   T300 4 & 5 iron, T200 6 - W Project X 6.0 1* up

Wedges   SM7 48*, 52*, 56*

Putter    Newport 2

Ball   2020 ProV1

I just received a 3 pack of these. Was gonna try out the 1 and for 69 more could get a 3 and 5...So went for it. Have reviewed tests by several of the internet posters and the rviews seemed good. Would love to support a US Company and the price point with the latest offer was too good. 3 shafts 3 adaptors 3 grips for 150 shipped....Sold

• Like 3

Epic Flash 9 &15

Titliest 915 18&21

Staff 5 to G

Ping SW

Wide Flange LW

TM Spider X

On 12/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, golfinnut said:

So this shaft finally came in today.

Looks: I'm not too fond of the all matte carbon looking finish with no logos, color, etc. The sticker just below grip is the only identifier that it's a Steadfast shaft.
Came with a Golf Pride velvet grip, which is fine. The adapter is no where near aligned. A1 should be aligned under the GP logo, unless it's been spined but I highly doubt it.
Length is at least an inch or inch and half longer than standard. The picture is comparing my gamer Helium shaft cut at 44.5"
Weight is a bit heavier than what I'm used to. Am I going to have to go after it more than usual? Or do I just rely on the weight of the shaft to help gain momentum in the swing?
I have yet to swing it outside (raining) but its together just waiting.

More comments soon to come.

Steadfast_#4.jpg

Steadfast_#1.jpg

Steadfast_#2.jpg

Steadfast_#3.jpg

Steadfast_#5.jpg

Have you been able to hit with the new shaft yet?

I went ahead and placed an order for a driver and 3-wood shaft, both in Stiff flex. If they perform as well as the company claims, $75 ea. was just too good a deal to pass up. Of course, now I have to go put some swings on them to see what the results will be. 

For comparisons the Driver is a Gen1 PXG with Hzrds Smoke Yellow S 60g. The 3 wood is a Diamana Blue S 70g.

• Like 1

Driver:  PXG 211 Project X Evenflow CB, 50g 5.5

Fariway:  PXG 211, 3-Wood Project X Evenflow CB, 60g 5.5

Hybrid:   PXG 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

Irons:  :titelist-small: T300 4-5, T200 6-PW Nippon 880 Pro R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  CBX2 50*, 54*, 58*, TT Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex

Putter:  :odyssey-small:  Stroke Lab Rossie