TESTERS WANTED! ×

Multiple purchases today - credit card took a hit

After the demo day on friday, i thought about it over the weekend and went over the edge today. Ordered the Ft Tour driver (9.5 stiff), diablo edge tour fairway woods (13* and 18*), White Ice 2 Ball Blade Putter, and Jaws Wedges (52* and 58*).

I am excited about them all, especially the driver - will probably be a 6 weeks until they all trickle in. Most interesting will be to see how many are in my bag come fall. i hope they all will. Not sure my thought process on the 13* 3 wood - I can barely get my 15.5 909F2 airborne from the fairway. I will probably end up hitting the 18* a lot more and just use the 13 for tee shots.

After the demo day on friday, i thought about it over the weekend and went over the edge today. Ordered the Ft Tour driver (9.5 stiff), diablo edge tour fairway woods (13* and 18*), White Ice 2 Ball Blade Putter, and Jaws Wedges (52* and 58*).

I am excited about them all, especially the driver - will probably be a 6 weeks until they all trickle in. Most interesting will be to see how many are in my bag come fall. i hope they all will. Not sure my thought process on the 13* 3 wood - I can barely get my 15.5 909F2 airborne from the fairway. I will probably end up hitting the 18* a lot more and just use the 13 for tee shots.

Well done sir... I see myself in a similar predicament. What shaft did you go with in the driver??

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

I look forward to a complete report on the performance of these clubs in an on course situation.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

• SPY VIP

That sounds great! Hopefully all will stay in the bag for a while. I am curious the hear how you like the fairways once you get them in play for a while.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

the stock voodoo. i hit it well at the demo day and hope i like it.

Doesn't the VooDoo shaft seem kind of thin? I don't know how this affects playability, but it seems really thin.

Doesn't the VooDoo shaft seem kind of thin? I don't know how this affects playability, but it seems really thin.

thin in what part of the club?? Grip, tip, mid? all of it??

I feel ya. I've got some eBay purchases I want to make and then perhaps some Scratch wedges. One of those things you sort of look forward to, but don't at the same time.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Interesting, and I think I agree. I would say it seems a little thin throughout. Maybe it's just the graphics (they're slimming). The thing I really remember about the Voodoo was how lively it felt, almost whippy, while still holding a nice trajectory and spin.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Definitely report back on the Jaws wedges. I almost pulled the trigger on some X-forged vintage wedges last year, but ultimately stuck with my Pings. With the new release, I'm tempted again.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Interesting, and I think I agree. I would say it seems a little thin throughout. Maybe it's just the graphics (they're slimming). The thing I really remember about the Voodoo was how lively it felt, almost whippy, while still holding a nice trajectory and spin.

Which Voodoo shaft is it? Is it a "made for" model?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

It says on the site VooDoo SVS6 60 Stiff. Weight 67. Torque Mid/Low. Kickpoint Low. Not sure if it is made for or not.

Are the made-for as common as they were a few years ago? Seems like more makers are opting for "real" shafts.

Volvo Intorqueo

Are the made-for as common as they were a few years ago? Seems like more makers are opting for "real" shafts.

There are more 'real' shafts, but also more made for shafts with more real looking graphics. Its getting harder and harder to tell

• SPY VIP

There are more 'real' shafts, but also more made for shafts with more real looking graphics. Its getting harder and harder to tell

Made for shafts still have different characteristics, I assume?

Volvo Intorqueo

thin in what part of the club?? Grip, tip, mid? all of it??

The whole thing seemed a little thin. I thought it was odd because I saw it in a Nike Vr, and last years Nike DYMO clubs were all excited about their extra wide shaft.

WOW... that's pretty exciting, I wish I had the extra cash to go on a spree like that... Actually, I wish I could survive going on a spending spree like that with out my wife removing vital parts of my anatomy...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

The whole thing seemed a little thin. I thought it was odd because I saw it in a Nike Vr, and last years Nike DYMO clubs were all excited about their extra wide shaft.

FWIW,

VR has a Nike VooDoo, not the same thing.

So, BagCheck, has the wife/girlfriend/significant other found the credit card receipt yet? Are you still alive and breathing? Checking to see if you've posted in the last several days or if I should start looking for your picture on a milk carton...

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

So, BagCheck, has the wife/girlfriend/significant other found the credit card receipt yet? Are you still alive and breathing? Checking to see if you've posted in the last several days or if I should start looking for your picture on a milk carton...

Thank you for your concern. Both of us have a consistent flow of packages arriving at the house (mine are golf club boxes, hers are shoes/clothes boxes). We both look the other way. Put it this way: our dogs bark at everyone that comes to our door except the UPS man - he is a familiar face.

Thank you for your concern. Both of us have a consistent flow of packages arriving at the house (mine are golf club boxes, hers are shoes/clothes boxes). We both look the other way. Put it this way: our dogs bark at everyone that comes to our door except the UPS man - he is a familiar face.

Sounds like a quality arrangement...

Archived