Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Oncore Elixir golf ball

tschott4

Wondering if anyone has played this ball. I recently purchased 2 dozen on their new promotion. I was able to play with them this weekend and was very satisfied with how straight they flew and the distance I gained. Stopped very quickly on the green also. 

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

Putter-SeeMore SB 20 Offset shaft

I've never played them, but I'm sure there are plenty of others in the forum who have. What ball did you switch from?

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I put one into play and it did feel heavier on contact. Can't say much about spin and distance as the course was wet.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

I snagged their 'free' trial sleeve earlier in the season. I remember being pleasantly surprised with the driver distance and trajectory but concerned about spin. I hit a couple iron shots that sucked back pretty hard as well as some chips and pitches that had more grab than I was prepared for. For folks looking for something like that, it's a great ball, especially if you can pick them up for $25/dz.

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

22 hours ago, TR1PTIK said:

I've never played them, but I'm sure there are plenty of others in the forum who have. What ball did you switch from?

I've been alternating between the Srixon Q Start Tour and the Snell MTB-X. Saw the ad and thought I would try them. The feel is not quite as soft as the Srixon ball but distance is about the same and the spin is a little better on chip shots

19 hours ago, greggarner said:

I snagged their 'free' trial sleeve earlier in the season. I remember being pleasantly surprised with the driver distance and trajectory but concerned about spin. I hit a couple iron shots that sucked back pretty hard as well as some chips and pitches that had more grab than I was prepared for. For folks looking for something like that, it's a great ball, especially if you can pick them up for $25/dz.

Price is right at 2 for $50 and also snagged the free sleeve, 27 balls for $50 is a deal

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

My wife ordered me 2 dozen when they had a BOGO offer. I normally play the Z-star, but have been playing Oncores for a few weeks now that I am out of my Srixons. I generally like the ball but it does seem to spin more on short shots, but now that I have adjusted to it, I'm ok with it. I'll likely go back to Srixon just because I like them a bit better and the durability is really good.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I started playing the OnCore last year.  Tried it against the ProV1x (as good as) and the VicePro (or better) and for the price I thought they were great.  I can get them to stop on the green - but haven’t had a problem spinning them back (such a problem to have). I really liked the feel of the OnCore especially off the putter.  I also like to play a colored ball - old eyes can’t see that far in the sky... and I alternate between the lemon and lime... 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I heard they are pretty decent from the reviews ,but haven't tried them myself personally. 

I was tempted to order a couple dozen but I keep reading in the reviews they have shipping problems. 

So kind of avoided them for this reason. I will give a opinion if I decide to order some . 

Driver: :callaway-small:Rouge 9 Degree Hazrdous Shaft

Fairway: :nike-small: Dymo 2 3&5 Woods 

Irons: :titelist-small:, 2013 CB 714 4-PW Irons Project X shafts 

Wedges: Bombtech Torch Wedges 

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab R 

Bag: :titelist-small:, 14 Way Cart Bag 

Ball: :titelist-small::bridgestone-small:, :wilson-small: ,Trufeel, E12, Elite 50 

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.0 

Shoes: G/Fore , Puma 

On 10/16/2020 at 8:48 AM, eads77m said:

I heard they are pretty decent from the reviews ,but haven't tried them myself personally. 

I was tempted to order a couple dozen but I keep reading in the reviews they have shipping problems. 

So kind of avoided them for this reason. I will give a opinion if I decide to order some . 

if they had shipping problems I believe they have it corrected. I ordered my 2 dozen a few weeks ago on a Sunday and received them on Thursday. Have really liked the ball so far and very comparable to what I have been playing which are Srixon Q Star Tour and Snell MTB-X. If you go to their website and go through virtual fitting you can get 2 dozen for $50 plus a free sleeve. Let me know how you like them

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS

• 3 months later...

I found them to be a good ball.  I had a driver SS around 100 mph and I found them shorter off the tee than the Snell MTB balls or Pro V1s I had been playing.  I’d say it was roughly 5yds shorter.  For that reason, I decided to go back to the Snell MTB Black.

With that said, I loved the soft feel and spin of the Elixir around the greens.  Also, the ball held it’s line in the wind extremely well.  

I just got a couple of the new Vero to test.  Looking forward to seeing how they feel/perform against the MTB Black.  

Callaway Epic - Project X Evenflow Blue 65
Callaway Steelhead XR 4+ Wood Tensei Blue 65 Stiff

​Callaway Steelhead XR 7 Wood Tensei Blue 65 Stiff
Nike Covert Forged 4-AW Irons
Nike VR Forged 56 Wedge
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 60 Wedge
Nike Origin B2-05 Putter

On 1/25/2021 at 1:10 PM, Binknrum said:

I found them to be a good ball.  I had a driver SS around 100 mph and I found them shorter off the tee than the Snell MTB balls or Pro V1s I had been playing.  I’d say it was roughly 5yds shorter.  For that reason, I decided to go back to the Snell MTB Black.

With that said, I loved the soft feel and spin of the Elixir around the greens.  Also, the ball held it’s line in the wind extremely well.  

I just got a couple of the new Vero to test.  Looking forward to seeing how they feel/perform against the MTB Black.  

Have you had a chance to test the Vero yet? Just wondering how you like it

Driver-Honma TW747

3 wood-Tour Edge CBX 119

Irons Tour Edge EXS