Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Awt 2.0 stiff to similar kbs shaft

Tskittles

The weight might be the issue. KBS Tour being significantly heavier than AWT 2.0 plus being a higher balance point shaft will most likely screw with your timing. If you like AWTs and want to try a KBS product, KBS Tour 90 might do the trick, but honestly....I would just stick to what works.

Cheers, 

Michael

On 10/8/2020 at 12:44 PM, Tskittles said:

I was fitted into kbs tour stiff plus in g400s and can't hit them to save my life..4 months and 1 round out of 40 under 110...played my old g10s with the awt stiff and I shot a 92 and it felt effortless.

I was fitted for and play AWT 2.0 R's on my G410's.  When I was discussing a test club with Sub70 and shaft options, they recommended the KBS 90 Tour as the best option.  The difference in the AWT's is what it stands for; a graduated weight change from long iron to short irons.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

Thanks for the info guys. I started playing last August coming from 25 years of playing baseball and slow pitch softball. I swing hard but I load the club really late in my swing and I just had to give it everything I had with the tour stiff+ shafts and when I'd let up and swing smooth I struggled to get any air. The 7 iron I could hit 190 to 200 totally carry with roll out but the 6 would go 160 and couldnt get the 5 or 4 off the ground. I have the original awts in g10s and I can hit the 7 190 the 6 200 the 5 210 and the 4 220 but if I step on it just a little the ball either comes out low or balloons on me...I still get good distance but it becomes erratic. Even though I'm a big guy hard swinging digger I can't swing the heavier shafts for some reason so it must be a weight thing. Ill have to check out the kbs 90s and see how they feel. Hit em straight fellas thx