Testers ANNOUNCED! Titleist TSi Drivers

12 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I hope your surgery goes well and the recovery is quick.

Thanks man! Getting a new disc in my lumbar spine. Should drastically improve my experience while playing golf!

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

On 10/8/2020 at 7:04 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers Wanted 

This is a big one and a unique opportunity from any OEM.  Titleist is going to have the new TSi drivers in the hands of six forum members by “Launch Day” which is the week of the Masters.  You will be among the very first consumers to receive these in hand and on course for play.

When the Titleist TS Series of drivers were launched two years ago, they were a big departure form the 9 Series drivers Titleist had produced for several years. They immediately won over the tour players and have been the most played on tour just about every week during the past two years.

When the TSi series was made available to the tour staff a couple weeks ago at the US Open, it was no shock that several of the players put them straight in the bag. Titleist calls this Tour Validation.

What’s new and improved with the TSi?  From the few official images provided, there are some changes in the weight configuration and apparently a big story in the face design. Those details will come soon enough.363147 tsi drivers group 8165a2 large 1599232187

In the meantime, Titleist is going to put these in the trusted hands of our readers for them to give a full review back to our forum members.  My Golf Spy call this Forum Testing.

We are looking for six members-(3) TSi2 and (3) TSi3 who reside in the United States, to join myself--as a staff tester--in the test group for the TSi drivers.

How to Apply-US Only

In a post below provide the following information:

Nicholas Latham “9kidnick”

Loving, TX

Titleist TS3

10-12

110 mph

Which Driver Would You Like to Review: TSi3

13 hours ago, caprice81 said:

Any guess as when the winners will be chosen?

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Testers...not Winners, as this isn’t a giveaway, will be announced by the end of the week. 

13 hours ago, Rickp said:

Good catch, I missed that.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

@caprice81 as mentioned by  @Golfspy_CG2 and I was about to give the same response,  it is a common misconception for new comers to think it is a giveaway, the testing opportunities here are serious business where a few of us a fortunate to test some of the new leading edge new golf clubs, gadgets and equipment.

The testing opportunities here provide an immeasurable resource for other golfers to see how some equipment can perform on the hands of players with similar skill level.

@Rickp It is funny all of the little things we miss when reading these applications that the MGS staff is active looking for when reviewing each one of the, on this case over 3500 applications.

• Like 4

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

13 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

Yeah, but based on my completely unofficial scan of the entries here, the mods have at least 2500 entries to weed out, people that joined just to try to get a new club.  Still, I hope a lot of those folks stick around for a ehile, and see what a great group of folks post in MGS.

It is always my hope that folks would come to stay, honestly I started the same way, only applying for testing opportunities and not paying much attention to the forum back then, but I started reading more and more and ever since, MGS has been amazing on the short period of time I have been around, I think we all can benefit a little more of the unbiased reviews for all things golf we get here.

• Like 5

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

13 hours ago, Lacassem said:

Be a good review for all those to read that’s for sure! Can’t wait for this bad boy to get underway. I love the TS2 and have never had anything “adjustable” and this club is so on my short short list for potential purchase over the next year or 2. 
this review will definitely be the deciding factor for me As to which one I go with

The entire TS line has been a great change of pace for Titleist, I cant wait to see what improvements the TSi will bring forward.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

13 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Lol.  I’m conditioned to look for it 😃

As anyone who has done an official review here will tell you, the clubs you test certainly aren’t free.  The time and effort required in the testing snd writing/editing portion is equivalent to many many  hours of work.  

The kind of work that some of us dream to have as a career. 🤣

• Like 5

My Reviews:

38 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Thanks man! Getting a new disc in my lumbar spine. Should drastically improve my experience while playing golf!

Back pain is the worse, I had a lower back fusion last year, the best decision I ever made, well close second to marring my wife. I am obligated to say that 🤪

Honestly I really enjoy the life post surgery and do not miss the pain.

• Like 4

My Reviews:

Niklas

Winnetka, Illinois 

TaylorMade M6

TSI 2

That's it, we'll pick the testers sometime next week, be sure to check back and your PM's to see if you've been selected!

Good Luck!

37 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Back pain is the worse, I had a lower back fusion last year, the best decision I ever made, well close second to marring my wife. I am obligated to say that 🤪

Honestly I really enjoy the life post surgery and do not miss the pain.

Fusion is no joke! I’ve heard really good things about the disc replacement. A lot of people feel immediate relief. I can’t swing a club for at least six weeks, which will be rough, but long term should swing pain free for the first time in a long time. 

• Like 1

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

18 minutes ago, jddaigneault said:

Fusion is no joke! I’ve heard really good things about the disc replacement. A lot of people feel immediate relief. I can’t swing a club for at least six weeks, which will be rough, but long term should swing pain free for the first time in a long time. 

The pain was excruciating, mostly down my right leg.

It felt like someone had a knife running up and down the bone, and it was a 24/7 pain, at times I would lose the feeling on that leg and just drop to the ground.

The pain was so bad that even as they gave me anesthesia, I could feel it on my right leg.

I felt relieved from the pain as soon as I woke up from the surgery.

For a few months after the surgery I had a different pain, as the bones and metal rods were fusing, but not even once it hurt like before.

I hope that your surgery brings you some needed relief.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

27 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

The pain was excruciating, mostly down my right leg.

It felt like someone had a knife running up and down the bone, and it was a 24/7 pain, at times I would lose the feeling on that leg and just drop to the ground.

The pain was so bad that even as they gave me anesthesia, I could feel it on my right leg.

I felt relieved from the pain as soon as I woke up from the surgery.

For a few months after the surgery I had a different pain, as the bones and metal rods were fusing, but not even once it hurt like before.

I hope that your surgery brings you some needed relief.

Thanks, glad you’re doing well too!

• Like 2

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Jared Morley

Wyoming, MN

Cobra F6

105 mph

TSi3

Driver: Cobra F6

3 wood: Cobra F8

2 Iron: Cobra One Length Utility

4-9 irons: Cobra Forged One Length

Wedges: 46/50 Cleveland CBX 54/60 Cobra King Forged

Putter: Cleveland Frontline Cero

Bentley

Washington, D.C. (Army Navy Country Club)

:taylormade-small: Driver M3 9.5 degree

:taylormade-small: 3W: M4

:taylormade-small: 3H: M4

:taylormade-small: 4-PW: M4

:titelist-small: 50, 54, 58 SM8

Oddessy White Hot Two-Ball

:titelist-small:  ProV1

Swing Speed - 105+

Handicap - 4

Driver requested - TSi3

Driver: TaylorMade M3 9.5 degrees

3W: TM M4

3 Hybrid: TM M4 17 degrees

Irons: 4-PW TM M4

Wedges: 50, 54, 58 Titleist SM8

Putter: Oddessy White Hot

4 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

Hope you have a speedy recovery! I'm ready to see your posts when you're dropping bombs when you fully recovered!!! 

• Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9 Degree Tensei White Raw 65 grams Extra Stiff B1/H1 setting (RH)

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15 Degree Tensei White Raw 75 grams Extra Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 21 Degree Tensei White Raw 100 grams Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Irons: Titleist T200 4-5/T100S Black 6-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: Titleist T100S Black 44 and 48, Titleist SM8 Jet Black 54S/10 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Putter: 2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft/2021 Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Limited Blackout with Stability Shaft (RH)

Ball: TaylorMade TP5/TP5x

16 hours ago, Tpoole22 said:

Is that enough to knock the Honma out of the bag? 

I was able to hit the TSi3 when I went in for my 4 iron fitting for my T200. I am a big fan of my G410 Plus and I've sworn to always stick with ping driver, fairway wood, and hybrids. But after hitting the TSi3, I am slowly becoming ok not having Ping in my bag anymore hahaha. My ball speed was 152 mph with my G410 Plus and with the TSi3 it jumped to 165 mph. I looked at my fitter and I was like what kind of sorcery is this haha. I guess Trackman doesn't lie haha! I am impressed with companies improve on the technology when it was already solid with the previous generation TS2/TS3 released back in 2018! 

Driver: Titleist TSi3 9 Degree Tensei White Raw 65 grams Extra Stiff B1/H1 setting (RH)

3 Wood: Titleist TSi2 15 Degree Tensei White Raw 75 grams Extra Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Hybrid: Titleist TSi2 21 Degree Tensei White Raw 100 grams Stiff B1 setting (RH)

Irons: Titleist T200 4-5/T100S Black 6-9 Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: Titleist T100S Black 44 and 48, Titleist SM8 Jet Black 54S/10 bounce, 60S/10 bounce Project X LZ 6.0 Onyx (RH)

Putter: 2019 Bettinardi QB8 Midslant Limited Run with Stability Shaft/2021 Bettinardi Studio Stock 28 Limited Blackout with Stability Shaft (RH)

Ball: TaylorMade TP5/TP5x

Testers Wanted 

This is a big one and a unique opportunity from any OEM.  Titleist is going to have the new TSi drivers in the hands of six forum members by “Launch Day” which is the week of the Masters.  You will be among the very first consumers to receive these in hand and on course for play.

When the Titleist TS Series of drivers were launched two years ago, they were a big departure form the 9 Series drivers Titleist had produced for several years. They immediately won over the tour players and have been the most played on tour just about every week during the past two years.

When the TSi series was made available to the tour staff a couple weeks ago at the US Open, it was no shock that several of the players put them straight in the bag. Titleist calls this Tour Validation.

What’s new and improved with the TSi?  From the few official images provided, there are some changes in the weight configuration and apparently a big story in the face design. Those details will come soon enough.363147 tsi drivers group 8165a2 large 1599232187

In the meantime, Titleist is going to put these in the trusted hands of our readers for them to give a full review back to our forum members.  My Golf Spy call this Forum Testing.

We are looking for six members-(3) TSi2 and (3) TSi3 who reside in the United States, to join myself--as a staff tester--in the test group for the TSi drivers.

How to Apply-US Only

First Name

City, State

Current Driver in Play

Handicap

Swing Speed

Which Driver Would You Like to Review

That's it, we'll pick the testers sometime next week, be sure to check back and your PM's to see if you've been selected!

Good Luck!

Robert

Roselle, IL

Taylormade M5

tsi3