Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Thank You Guys For All Your Support

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

thanks-for-support.gif

Thank You Guys,

As we close out the first week since we kicked off our donation drive, we wanted to take a brief moment to say Thank You to all of you who have already donated, and who visit MyGolfSpy and the forum regularly. You guys truly are the best! Your support means the world to us as we continue the MyGolfSpy mission to fundamentally change how the golf equipment industry is covered in media.

We also wanted to give some special attention to the first 25 donors in the history of MyGolfSpy (granted, we've only been accepting donations since Tuesday). I'll be contacting you shortly to make arrangements to get a T-shirt out to you.

Harry E. Jeff V. Greg B. Donald T. Steve H. Carl L. Joe T. Ed R. John B. Jason B. Patrick P. Stuart G. Kevin K. Bob A. Brock S. Morris L. William M. Eric K. Stephen B. Joseph C. Milo B. Samuel C. Doug F. Stevens HW Frank V.

Thus far we have fallen short of our initial goals and expectations. We know the road ahead of us is long, and we're not interested in taking any shortcuts. MyGolfSpy will remain dedicated to you, the golfing consumer, and we will do everything we can to provide the type of information you have asked for. Things like:

• Head to head testing of multiple clubs with the same shafts
  • Blind testing (masking the true identity of the clubs being tested)
  • Comparing custom fit equipment instead of “off-the-rack”
  • Gathering more and even better data (Trackman/Flightscope)
  • Purchasing our test equipment at retail and eliminate the OEMs from the process completely
  • Testing of BIG OEMs vs. Clones and Components

All of these things take time, expertise, and unfortunately a significant amount money. Big OEM Ad dollars are simply not an option we're willing to pursue, so we will continue to rely on your support. We will continue to exist as we do today, but we most definitely have loftier goals.

Whether or not we succeed is largely up to you, and everyone else who visits MyGolfSpy. If every person who visited our site in a single month donated just $1 we'd be well on our way. Of course, that's not a realistic expectation. All we can ask is for you to consider what MyGolfSpy offers you. If what we do has value to you, and if you believe in our vision for what a consumer driven golf site should look like, then please consider donating what you can to help us grow and become the golf site that many in the golf equipment industry want never to exist at all.

Once again, a HUGE thank you to all of you who have already donated. With more support from people like you we absolutely will turn the industry on its head.

Thanks Again GolfSpies

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

Moecat - I appreciate both the donation you made and all the contributions you have made to this site. And I hope you truly believe that we are different then the other sites out there. However I do understand that you feel other sites have asked for similar help in the past only to turn their backs on their members and go another route.

I can promise you that will NEVER happen here. I would rather shut the site down then change who I am and what I stand for. I am going to do my best to make this place something special and if it doesn't work out I can honestly say I did the best I could to make a difference.

Thanks again Moe for everything.

#TruthDigest

I just sent what I had in my PayPal account, It wasn't much, but I figure it was the least I could do... After all the prizes I have won, advice I have gotten, and great atmosphere, I feel like this is could help somewhere along the lines...

I love the site and look forward to what it will develop to in the future...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

My only regret is not having been able to donate more at this particular time. I hope to be able to make additional contributions down the road.

I feel the same. We have our 2nd (and hopefully last) baby on the way, so we are pinching every penny possible. I'm glad to help out and look forward to helping more in the future.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks John...glad you liked the shirt ;)

How come I didn't get my shirt? :(

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

How come I didn't get my shirt? :(

I believe that's my bad. PM me your address and shirt size and we'll get one out to you.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• 3 years later...

I've donated can I get a MGS Donor thingy on my identity thingo?

My Bag

Driver:  :ping-small: G25 Stiff shaft
3 Wood:  :mizuno-small: JPX 850 16 degree. Fujikara Orichi 65 gram stiff shaft
Hybrids: 3 & 4 :mizuno-small: JPX 850 Fujikara Orichi 65 gram regular shafts
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP- H5 3 - 6 iron dynamic gold XP 115 gram stiff soft stepped
Irons:  :mizuno-small: MP 54 4 - PW dynamic gold S300
Wedges:   :mizuno-small: MP T4 52 degree,  :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 56 degree 10 degree bounce, :titelist-small: :vokey-small: 60 degree 10 degree bounce.
Putter:  :ping-small: ZB S

Evil prospers when good men do nothing.

Honorary member Texas BBQ Curtin Circa 2015 

I've always thought I did something incorrectly while donating to not have the Donor tag. Can someone PM me how to do it right?

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

I've always thought I did something incorrectly while donating to not have the Donor tag. Can someone PM me how to do it right?

I am pretty sure X or the others on staff put it on your signature. I had to ask X for mine when i finally donated. 

Driver:  :nike-small:  Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 70g Stiff

Fairway Wood: :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK 60g Stiff
Hybrids:   :nike-small: Nike Covert 2.0 Tour KK Stiff

Irons:    :taylormade-small: R-11s KBS Stiff. 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:  Cleveland 588 Rotax  56*

Some no name 60* I got at Goodwill for $5

Putter::  :ping-small: MGS Ketsch Special Edition   

Ball: :bridgestone-small: :e7, normally. If not, whatever I found while looking for mine in the Tall Grass
Bag :Birdies for the Brave Org.14 Desert Camo 

Shoes : Oakley Cipher 2

Addidas Adizero One Wd

Nike Lunar Control

6 other pair "just in case"

Founder: Texas BBQ Curtain (according to Jdiddyesquire)

Favorite #TOURSAUCE Move:  signing a ball and tossing it to a non existent fan as I walk back to cart. 

• SPY VIP

Check now UnderShooter ;)

#PowerToThePlayer

#TruthDigest

Thanks X! I wasn't sure how it worked!

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

Just donated a % of some recent golf related sales- bought time, considering how much of a valuable resource i consider this site to be!

(consider it a penance for not learning my lesson and getting fitted properly ahah :P )

My Mixed-Bag:

Driver:      :callaway-small: Mavrik Sub zero, ventus black 7x

Fairway:     Still looking!

Irons:         :mizuno-small:MP-18 MB 4-PW

Wedges:     Miura K Grinds

Putter:       Evnroll 1.2 blade

Ball:        :srixon-small: Z star XV

Archived