Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I went and did it, got the shiny new stuff, Wishon 771's...

Silverhorn43

New clubs - T minus 14 days....

So I'm new on the block here, and loving the forum and the site overall.  Started golfing 28-30 years ago, played (if you call it that) for 10-15 years, had kids, and well...life focused on them.  Oldest just graduated with his BS/ME degree going for his Masters, and youngest is in his Senior year in International Business.  Time well spent, but now it's my time.  

I was fit at Golf Mart 25 years ago with a set of Tour Edge Comp 950's, and continued to play poorly, and knew those were NOT coming back out into daylight this go 'round.  I picked up a set of Adams off FB Marketplace 3 months ago (4i-GW) for $100, signed up for lessons at my local course and away I went.  Did pretty well, but was still having consistency issues, and in watching YT's and reading here, it was apparent that these didn't fit (ya think FB purchase clubs LOL).  I'm still a corrective work in progress (my instructor has TOTALLY revamped my swing) and getting better on a weekly basis.  I played my first round 3 weeks ago (after 20 years) and shot a 94, I was happy dancing.  When I played way back when, I finally broke 100 my last two rounds. 

So I spent the last week with a local club fitter (roughly 8-10 hours over 3 days) in his office interviewing what I want out of this game, and then another 5-6 hours out at the driving range (real range, not hitting against a curtain).  He watched me on my clubs (9i, 7i, 5-hyb, and driver) , and said your mechanics are there and need some tweaking, but overall you're striking the ball pretty well. He said "here, try this club" (his personal 7i) and HOLY SHAWINGY Batman...an extra 30 yards on first hit.  We went thru a bunch of other clubs, of which I especially loved his 7w and 11w.  Overall was seeing a 15-20 yard increase club to club against my set, and was hitting his 7w about as far as my Driver (200y).  

So all said and done he's putting me into the Wishon 771's, 8i-GW in single length, a 7i 1/2" longer, all with Veylix Alpina 673 R-flex shafts, then a 7W and 11W (I can't recall the shaft on those).  We'll deal with the Driver later (have to let the $$ blood vein fill back up), and will probably be my Christmas present to myself.  

So I have to play on my Adam's for another couple weeks, but Heaven awaits around the corner.  

I'll post pix then, and my progress as I get used to playing them, and hope to see my scores go low, and get me set at a decent starting handicap.

That's all for now, keep it down the middle and outa the junk.    

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I picked them up last week and have been able to get some time at the range, plus a 1/2 round in so far.  We got dumped on snow wise the last two days (about 12", which is NOT normal) so it'll be a few days before it dries out enough to go play again. 

So far, I'm loving them!924840938_Bagcloseup.jpg.024e027e0814546c7157fa42b6036bc2.jpg789248330_Wishon771head.jpg.f7303c669c1ad3fa4fdcc976787c4061.jpg674729294_VeylixShaft.jpg.493c82f4e937fbaadbf0e31cb2eb95f9.jpg

PXG 0811 9° w Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Shaft

Wishon Single Length 6-AW w/ Veylix Alpina Wildeye shafts

Wishon 929 4w/ Acer 7w /11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Wishon 775HS 27° Hybrid

Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 54° / Taylormade MG Hi-Toe 58° 

Sub70 Sycamore 03 Mallet

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag / Bag Boy Nitron Cart 

CaddyTek Caddyview V2 

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg