Broke 100, now bring on 90

Going to be an interesting tournament.

image.png.c9a81a2a02b7ac63d857ee14695e4a2c.png

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Played one of my worst rounds in my first tournament. Somewhat embarrassed. Nearly contemplated quitting golf.  Lost a box of balls (picked a bad day to play left dots).  I definitely was way too hyped up coming in. Range session prior everything was hook city. Putting green was way faster than the actual greens. Started on a par three and shanked  it to start. 

one highlight was I did have a chip in birdie that I was short sided on and I hit 3 or 4 of the best drives in my foursome. Just couldn’t execute after. 

EB7600D1-1527-467B-9FFF-CEACDD7CEE9C.png

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

My Reviews:

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

5 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Played one of my worst rounds in my first tournament. Somewhat embarrassed. Nearly contemplated quitting golf.  Lost a box of balls (picked a bad day to play left dots).  I definitely was way too hyped up coming in. Range session prior everything was hook city. Putting green was way faster than the actual greens. Started on a par three and shanked  it to start. 

one highlight was I did have a chip in birdie that I was short sided on and I hit 3 or 4 of the best drives in my foursome. Just couldn’t execute after. 

Keep your head up, you will be back to playing better again soon

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Played one of my worst rounds in my first tournament. Somewhat embarrassed. Nearly contemplated quitting golf.  Lost a box of balls (picked a bad day to play left dots).  I definitely was way too hyped up coming in. 

Tournament golf is significantly different than just going out and playing golf.   You had a bad round;  nothing to be embarrassed about and being hyped up was to be expected.   All you can do is keep working on your game and get out there again.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Thanks @cnosiland @dlow206. Reflecting a few hours later there are some positives. Need to show myself some grace and get back out there. 

My Reviews:

2 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Don't get too down on yourself, it looks like the weather wasn't ideal with it being wet and cool. I think it's awesome you put your game out there and played in a tournament. I would have been a nervous wreck. It sounds like you had some good shots and I bet chipping in for a birdie in front of a group was a great feeling.

With the work you've been putting in on your game, it won't be long before you'll be in the 80's.

2 hours ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Ouch!!  If it makes you feel any better, the OGA course has some tough, tricky holes.  It's a course that you have to play frequently to know what club to hit and where not to hit it. Very easy to lose balls.  I did not play well there.  

Don't be discouraged.  Now that you have one under your belt, the next one will be much easier.  I know your game, and I know it will be a more pleasant experience next time.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Just looking back on google earth on some of my good drives, these include 255, 253,274. Something good to take from the day. 

My Reviews:

9 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Just looking back on google earth on some of my good drives, these include 255, 253,274. Something good to take from the day. 

There's always positives to build on. That's what keeps us coming back!

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

So for learning purposes wanted to do a full round recap:

started the day on 17, a par 3. 

17: 143 out. Think I teed off with a 9i. Shank 70 left. Awkward downhill lie pitch to right side of green. Chip that had too much steam and went down a ridge. 3 putt from 55 ft. Lesson learned: remember to hit your first tee club last on the range. I didn’t do this. Also didn’t do as much chipping warm up that I should have. 

18: par 4. Hit driver. A little pully but hit just right on a hill just past a bunker and went OB. Provisional was a slice into the range OB. Took penalty and pitched out from first drive. Then pitch to the green and a two putt. Lesson: maybe have a better sim point

1: par 4 uphill. Pull driver and hit fairway to only 60 yards to the green. Pitch was ok. Three putted Made bogey. Lesson: I can play golf but get better distance control on putting  

2: par 4. Water left but should be out of play. Low driver pull catches the reeds into water. Drop. Try to pitch out but hit a tree. Can’t find ball. Drop. Pitch out again. Then poor shot to green. Chip and two putt. Lesson: ground myself after a good hole. Better sim points when pitching out, make the smart play. 

3:long par 3 over water. Hit 6i. Super hooky and long. Hit cart path and luckily some leaves. Pitched on over bunker towards water, scary. Rolled off green so chipped on and one putt for bogey.  Lesson: this played well, just need to understand why my iron was hooky. 

4: par 5 but need to pay up on drive. Super hybrid off tee. Rushed tee shot. Low stringer into reefs of water. Reteed and hit beauty but almost too far. 6i lay up and hooked into fairway bunker. Bunker to short of green. Chip on and two putts. Lesson: start looking at my decade breakdown before holes. Should have played 3 hybrid. Also more practice with other clubs from the tee. Maybe play a round with no driver to gain confidence.

5: long par 5. Driver pulled left saw bounce. No room left went into lateral hazard and dropped. 6 I to 130. Then pw which went long and hooked. Chip on and a silly three putt. Lesson: better sim point. More focus putting. This really should have only been two putts

6. par 3. 6i. Hooked into a bunker (saved ball from going ob). Bunker shot out was good. Two putt bogey. Lesson: good hole. Work on iron swing. 

7: short par 4 with a ravine. Forgot that part. Gripped and ripped. Lost ball. Lateral drop on awkward downhill lie. hosel rocket back in. Drop thin straight in again. Drop and I sim just to get it over and do. Pitch on and two putt. Lessons: look at my pre round decade again. Would have known to play a 5 I off the tee. Know the rules and drop to better spots and take my time. 

8: short par 3. Hit nine iron and hooked. Chipped on. Two putt bogey. Lesson: man you need another few lessons to find out what’s going on. 

9: dogleg par five. Pull driver. Hit a long fade. Took provisional just in case. Didn’t need it. Pitched up to 140 for lay up. Hit 8 iron and snap hooked it into a house. Took provisional and got it on the green. Long putt and duffed. Ended up three putting. Lesson: played hole well. Under stand how ball if flying for the day and adjust. Better lag control

10: straight par 4. Hit driver and pulled OB. Dropped and duffed a 6i. Pitched on  and three putted. Lesson: better aim  points,  low point control and lag putting  

11: par 5. Hit driver and was fadey but in play. 7i over a pond as a layup. Pitch on. GIR! Guy have putt on my line and I watch it, looks like he smokes it. I do similar and pull it and goes way long. End up three putting for bogey. Lesson: take some time and focus on self. Don’t let others affect what you do. 

12. Short par 4. Play safe with hybrid but snap hook short into rough. Fat a 6i. Then struggle with pw. Then pitch on but rolls off. Chip and two putt. Lesson: more practice from tee with other clubs. Iron lesson. Better chipping aim/speed

13: par three  hit pw  to pin high but short sided chip in with 58*. Lesson: luck happens but was in a good position to execute 

14: par 5 with tight landing zone  was amped up and snap hooked driver into Creek.  hit provisional a low bullet but in play. Pw to lay up then pw in but hoseled it into a bunker. Bunker played pw for 100 out to get it there and went way long.  Down hill punch out  then downhill chip. Two putt to end. Lesson: calm myself between holes. Just focus one shot at a time . Don’t worry about surrounding, just hit shots. I say that since lots of areas to lose balls on this hole

15: par 4  pull driver. Power fade to an adjacent hole. Ball not in bunker but on lip. Just try to get back in play and goes 40 yards. Then need a low runner but really goes no where. Pitch on and two putt. Lesson: again calm myself between holes and shots. Could have climbed down from the tee.

16. Uphill par 4. Pull driver and hit drive of the day . 270 yards fade center cut. Hit on from 110 out. Sadly three putt after missing a short second putt. Lesson: better green reading. I can get GIRs.

overall it was a slog. Too much in my head and just didn’t play. My illness and not going out week prior probably didn’t help. Lots to learn for next time. Also playing an unknown course for the first time in this setting may not have been the best idea, unless I just stuck to my Decade plan I made. Plan on a video lesson submission with my coach Monday or Tuesday to look at my hook issues. 

My Reviews:

1 hour ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Also playing an unknown course for the first time in this setting may not have been the best idea, unless I just stuck to my Decade plan I made.

This was my thought when I saw that you played OGA.  Tough track.  It's a course where you can't get away with wayward drives.  If driver is not a fairway finder, then find something that is.  Playing a layup, even if it means being short of the green on the next shot is not a bad play.  However, that means a lot of work on chip/pitch shots.  

A course that isn't as penal off the tee would be much better for your next adventure.  But now you have a feel for how your game plays on tight tracks.  I remember you doing quite well when we played at Redtail, but it's a familiar course and you had the ability to recover without putting yourself in more trouble.  

So... when and where is your next one?

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

This was my thought when I saw that you played OGA.  Tough track.  It's a course where you can't get away with wayward drives.  If driver is not a fairway finder, then find something that is.  Playing a layup, even if it means being short of the green on the next shot is not a bad play.  However, that means a lot of work on chip/pitch shots.  

A course that isn't as penal off the tee would be much better for your next adventure.  But now you have a feel for how your game plays on tight tracks.  I remember you doing quite well when we played at Redtail, but it's a familiar course and you had the ability to recover without putting yourself in more trouble.  

So... when and where is your next one?

Thanks Kenny. Makes a ton of sense. The thing is looking online, OGA actually seemed more open. I was surprised. Next tournament likely not until late July or August. Have some vacations planned and maybe a surgery. My next 18 might be with @twyatt700 sometime in the next month or two. Otherwise back to early nine hole rounds and practicing. I’ll actually be curious how a week away from golf practice will affect my game. Going on a week long trip to Lincoln city soon. 

My Reviews:

33 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Thanks Kenny. Makes a ton of sense. The thing is looking online, OGA actually seemed more open. I was surprised. Next tournament likely not until late July or August. Have some vacations planned and maybe a surgery. My next 18 might be with @twyatt700 sometime in the next month or two. Otherwise back to early nine hole rounds and practicing. I’ll actually be curious how a week away from golf practice will affect my game. Going on a week long trip to Lincoln city soon. 

Enjoy the trip!!  I love Lincoln City!  We are headed to Newport in either late July or early August.  Hope to play Salishan.

I used to travel a lot before I retired.  Trips were usually 2 weeks and no golf.  What I found out was that when I returned, I hit my driver longer and straighter for the first 9 holes, then my muscles seemed to return to their usual golf tenseness; returned to normal... dang!!  However, my short game chipping/pitching/putting were horrible for those same 9 holes, but then finally came around.  

As for the next tournament, I suggest picking a more open course and play it a couple of times to become familiar with it.  Not so much for score, but to make notes on how to play the holes using the best options based on your game.

Lesson needs to be submitted but here was my driver today. Straight right draws. Some pulls but not egregious. Irons were terrible 

3E5FBCB8-9DAE-47FA-B9B3-DFB8B594E1C6.png

My Reviews:

• 3 weeks later...

So shot 51 but had an epiphany on the last hole. Hit two balls just to test. Second ball was 165 out. Typical 7i distance. When I stepped up did my pump but focused on right crunch. Should have done the whole round. Hit the ball and carried at least 170 with a nice high flight. Went to the range right after to bake in the feel. On my 7 and 6i I was almost getting a club more than I’m used to with them. Need to make sure I keep that feel in practice and on the course. 
5E3F292C-F6C3-44B4-B48E-8A34A82AFB72.jpeg.7c127455651145584ad4700ac5d9030f.jpeg

also nearly chipped in for par on i hole I had no business parring 
83D603EE-8783-4709-AD58-930F3AC646F7.jpeg.f4f989958007635398b9a6a4b0917a3e.jpeg
573FF2AC-D36C-4394-A9E8-4C7CA38D4010.jpeg.f8121c9cb9e8db4758e500f6663957d9.jpeg

also took my super hybrid off the tee twice and it really killed me scoring. I think it may be time to adjust the top.  Thinking sub70 4w due to their shaft length being 42.5” and a larger head to help from the tee but not too big from the turf. 

My Reviews:

• 2 weeks later...

A rough start to my nine today but went +6 on the final 8. Improve some small things and it would have been lower. I feel my lessons and swing work are really starting to translate. I hope to get out for 18 in two weeks. 

My Reviews:

On 5/29/2022 at 9:19 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

So for learning purposes wanted to do a full round recap:

14: par 5 with tight landing zone  was amped up and snap hooked driver into Creek.  hit provisional a low bullet but in play. Pw to lay up then pw in but hoseled it into a bunker. Bunker played pw for 100 out to get it there and went way long.  Down hill punch out  then downhill chip. Two putt to end. Lesson: calm myself between holes. Just focus one shot at a time . Don’t worry about surrounding, just hit shots. I say that since lots of areas to lose balls on this hole

15: par 4  pull driver. Power fade to an adjacent hole. Ball not in bunker but on lip. Just try to get back in play and goes 40 yards. Then need a low runner but really goes no where. Pitch on and two putt. Lesson: again calm myself between holes and shots. Could have climbed down from the tee.

16. Uphill par 4. Pull driver and hit drive of the day . 270 yards fade center cut. Hit on from 110 out. Sadly three putt after missing a short second putt. Lesson: better green reading. I can get GIRs.

overall it was a slog. Too much in my head and just didn’t play. My illness and not going out week prior probably didn’t help. Lots to learn for next time. Also playing an unknown course for the first time in this setting may not have been the best idea, unless I just stuck to my Decade plan I made. Plan on a video lesson submission with my coach Monday or Tuesday to look at my hook issues. 

7/10 of your first drives resulted in penalties including provisional on 18. Then bunker lip on adjacent hole and good drive to end the day. At least 8/12 drivers hurt you. Time to shelf driver until you can practice to get it playable OR double check width between hazards as per Decade. If you had 65 yards between hazards, you need to expand your driver window to 75 yards wide since penalty areas should only be in your dispersion 5-10% of time OR aim further right since most penalty misses appear to be left and deal with fades when they come up. 

You should check your Decade targets at least once per hole or twice (tee choice and green aim). Adding notes about layup locations on par 5s is also helpful. This also helps take your mind off blowups and score. Instead of adhering to the Decade principal of hitting tee shot as far as possible/safe, start looking for widest area of fairways and landing areas short of bunkers/water where you can make a full, aggressive swing with no worry or hazards.

Consider picking a longest club you will hit on approaches or par 5 layups that is tight with hazards. This is 6i for me when there is water or OB up 1 side of a hole unless easy to play from opposite rough. Hooking a hybrid unplayable or rolling it into the bunkers in front of a green trying to hit into a par 5 from 250 out will probably hurt you more than 6/7i and then partial wedge. 

Driver can't be part of your tee shot decision tree if it results in 3+ penalties per round. Even if it goes 30 yards past your next club, you still lose strokes overall. Tee the ball up on far left side of every tee box to give you more room to aim right and offset the hook. 

I have 7 birdies this year 😞, 4 are on par 5s and only 2 of those are with driver. All other 5 are with hybrids on par 4s and 5s as well as an iron on a par 3. There's more than one way to play. If a par 5 is unreachable in 2 hitting driver, there is more opportunity to hit something safer until you can hit driver better. Same thing if driver leaves you 60 yards out on a par 4 and you can't hit a partial wedge because you don't practice them. Yes, you will often hit it closer from 60 yards vs 90. But when 50% of your drivers are OB/unplayable you will have 4-5 less shots from 60 than you do from 90. 

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

1 hour ago, BMart519 said:

7/10 of your first drives resulted in penalties including provisional on 18. Then bunker lip on adjacent hole and good drive to end the day. At least 8/12 drivers hurt you. Time to shelf driver until you can practice to get it playable OR double check width between hazards as per Decade. If you had 65 yards between hazards, you need to expand your driver window to 75 yards wide since penalty areas should only be in your dispersion 5-10% of time OR aim further right since most penalty misses appear to be left and deal with fades when they come up. 

You should check your Decade targets at least once per hole or twice (tee choice and green aim). Adding notes about layup locations on par 5s is also helpful. This also helps take your mind off blowups and score. Instead of adhering to the Decade principal of hitting tee shot as far as possible/safe, start looking for widest area of fairways and landing areas short of bunkers/water where you can make a full, aggressive swing with no worry or hazards.

Consider picking a longest club you will hit on approaches or par 5 layups that is tight with hazards. This is 6i for me when there is water or OB up 1 side of a hole unless easy to play from opposite rough. Hooking a hybrid unplayable or rolling it into the bunkers in front of a green trying to hit into a par 5 from 250 out will probably hurt you more than 6/7i and then partial wedge. 

Driver can't be part of your tee shot decision tree if it results in 3+ penalties per round. Even if it goes 30 yards past your next club, you still lose strokes overall. Tee the ball up on far left side of every tee box to give you more room to aim right and offset the hook. 

I have 7 birdies this year 😞, 4 are on par 5s and only 2 of those are with driver. All other 5 are with hybrids on par 4s and 5s as well as an iron on a par 3. There's more than one way to play. If a par 5 is unreachable in 2 hitting driver, there is more opportunity to hit something safer until you can hit driver better. Same thing if driver leaves you 60 yards out on a par 4 and you can't hit a partial wedge because you don't practice them. Yes, you will often hit it closer from 60 yards vs 90. But when 50% of your drivers are OB/unplayable you will have 4-5 less shots from 60 than you do from 90. 

Thanks for checking in. I would totally agree with you except for the situation i was in. At the time i was still trying to figure out how my new swing was going to work. As well, on the range prior everything was hook city. During that round, i was so mentally unprepared and rattled that i did not have the midset to adjust. It was a great experience and has grounded me as a golfer and gets me more focused. Since then, my handicap has also dropped a stroke as my swing change takes hold. As well,  since then, i have had a couple lessons and now my driver is such a weapon. On top of that, i now have a HL 3W that i feel i can use as a second tee club if the driver ever goes side ways.

My Reviews:

• 2 weeks later...

Shaft testing from today

My Reviews:

57 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

Based on your course log I would probably avoid the shaft giving you a draw since your most severe misses seem to be pull hooks. 

makes sense. ill get better data for these tests once my SS H4 comes in and i can get on course data.

My Reviews:

So first nine with shot scope was very eye opening. No idea where my putting game went of lately. At one point I had 46 holes of no three putts with this stick. the approach game was pretty bad today. Some over cooked and others a miss I normally Don’t have. As well my pitching and short game really were surprising. Lots to work on and lots of potential in my game. 

0226879E-77DE-4F61-8C61-9026C432FF95.png

My Reviews:

19 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

So first nine with shot scope was very eye opening. No idea where my putting game went of lately. At one point I had 46 holes of no three putts with this stick. the approach game was pretty bad today. Some over cooked and others a miss I normally Don’t have. As well my pitching and short game really were surprising. Lots to work on and lots of potential in my game. 

0226879E-77DE-4F61-8C61-9026C432FF95.png

Looks like you should accept the driver as being in a good state and not tweaking it anymore for now.    

Also,  one round isn't a big indicator;  keep collecting data and monitoring trends.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Looks like you should accept the driver as being in a good state and not tweaking it anymore for now.    

Also,  one round isn't a big indicator;  keep collecting data and monitoring trends.  

I agree. Ride with this and get a good distribution 

My Reviews:

Came in Sunday. Already halfway through. This is a great book to understand expert actions and course management. I am excited to implement some strategies on my Saturday round (finally doing 18)

00D6CE77-6443-43DE-8DB5-20A86D367D37.jpeg

My Reviews:

Took the concepts of the book to the course. Shot my best round of the year. If wasn’t for a hole of duffs and a flyer I could have broke 90!

44/51

213DD325-4E0C-43EA-8444-73D3B0903204.png

C5766349-2F74-40AB-B38E-AA9F664D4FB5.png

6121AA2E-35CF-4D48-B56E-5B52DC8DBF38.png

My Reviews:

On 7/26/2022 at 7:11 AM, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Came in Sunday. Already halfway through. This is a great book to understand expert actions and course management. I am excited to implement some strategies on my Saturday round (finally doing 18)

00D6CE77-6443-43DE-8DB5-20A86D367D37.jpeg

I'm about 1/3 the way through it.  I only had one double last weekend and none today.  Hope I can keep this trend going.  As he writes, the key to improving scores is to eliminate the doubles and worse.

Not sure what you did to get an 11 on a par 5, but don't do it again!!  😂

7 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

I'm about 1/3 the way through it.  I only had one double last weekend and none today.  Hope I can keep this trend going.  As he writes, the key to improving scores is to eliminate the doubles and worse.

Not sure what you did to get an 11 on a par 5, but don't do it again!!  😂

Drive was fine. Then fat 5i in wet rough. Thought ok, still fine. Then fat an 8i. I still say ok because I’m 60 out and can pitch albeit in the rough. Then caught a flyer, ball hits behind the green which slopes down 60 ft. Lost the ball as there was a lot of rock debris. Then lob wedge up went across green and into slope. Then pw chip from a downslope lie got me through the greenThen 54* chip to 12ft. Then an unfortunate 3-putt. That’s how you pull off an 11! 🫠 

On a positive note, next hole sliced my drive. Then hit pw in a window to a layup spot and made par on that par 5 after a near disaster pitch into the green.  Nearly sank a 36 ft birdie. Gotta love this game. 

554AEBF3-3ADC-41CE-9ED9-CD2D65C2E424.jpeg

My Reviews:

11 minutes ago, Vegan_Golfer_PNW said:

Drive was fine. Then fat 5i in wet rough. Thought ok, still fine. Then fat an 8i. I still say ok because I’m 60 out and can pitch albeit in the rough. Then caught a flyer, ball hits behind the green which slopes down 60 ft. Lost the ball as there was a lot of rock debris. Then lob wedge up went across green and into slope. Then pw chip from a downslope lie got me through the greenThen 54* chip to 12ft. Then an unfortunate 3-putt. That’s how you pull off an 11! 🫠 

On a positive note, next hole sliced my drive. Then hit pw in a window to a layup spot and made par on that par 5 after a near disaster pitch into the green.  Nearly sank a 36 ft birdie. Gotta love this game. 

554AEBF3-3ADC-41CE-9ED9-CD2D65C2E424.jpeg

Sounds like short game work next week.  😉