Broke 100, now bring on 90

Passages.  They are the principle component of recreational golf.

Consistently breaking 100 is a major passage as it brings you directly into a huge community of recreational players who never get too far beyond that.  

One may play fifty years and not get by that, or one can become a single digit player or better.

Either way, we're playing golf.

Everyone should have such problems.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Realized I am still over rotating, even doing the NTC drills. Tired to rectify that this morning. 
5CB0C4C5-A898-4BE7-B650-CACC2A35DD0F.jpeg.a08900a153ba3f1a17e11087ad7dff91.jpeg

I don’t see any of the NTC drills in this video. 

in pic 1 there’s no wrist set which is the very first drill/move in NTC and pretty much all of Monte’s teaching. Your chest and arms get disconnected early the takeaway and the club is way outside the ball. It appears more of an arm lift.

This ends up with almost a false turn at the top(pic2). Things looks good in a pic or video here but in NTC the right hip should have moved back slightly…not a bad position tho 

in pic three and four you didn’t do cast A. You pushed your right shoulder and hands back. Not a bad move this is some that AMG uses as a feel for shallowing. If you were doing cast your right arm would have straightened out and you would have had a lot more wrist bending back in the right hand and more  bow in the left wrist.

The move in pic 4 helps get the shaft a little shallower than what you posted the other day on the range as we can see in pic 5, it’s not quite bisecting the right forearm but because of how you got to the top and to lead arm parallel in the downswing your right elbow is even or slightly behind the seam of your shirt so and not a lot of left hip going back and out to clear out so you are in what many refer to as stuck and will have to compensate to get the club square to the ball. It’s hard to see in pic 5 but the face is toe up where at this point in the swing it should be more matching your spine angle. In pic 5 hips should be open lens already and the shoulders square. Both your hips and shoulders are square to the target line. You really can’t rotate at this point or you would miss the ball or swipe way across it. As we get into impact in pic 6 you can see the club coming a little outside the ball instead of from the inside.

You have put in some good work but when you think you are doing something too much you overdo the correction or vice versa. 

My suggestion is if NTC is the route you are going for swing technique. Film yourself probably in selfie mode doing backswing A drill. Start with just the wrist hinge and flexing if the wrist. Get that feeling. Then from there work on the move of pushing the hands to 7 o’clock. Then work on combing those movements. Up to this point that is the most important aspect of the swing.l because in reality it’s half way over at that point. There’s barely over .25 seconds left in the swing to impact from this point. 

C9E5758F-D5A4-4F12-8782-75CB41AB547B.jpeg

5E1775F9-E08C-4B8C-869A-F962920EBCF3.jpeg

B4F33FBA-3003-4090-B4C1-C7FDB422261B.jpeg

79D6DF8E-CCE7-4B7A-A877-A6A9CC914BEC.jpeg

3867BD99-657B-4FAF-8EF9-E5FF85DC0AE3.jpeg

FDF0AB0F-F23B-4D97-937C-F7F2F98F975E.jpeg

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Thanks. I have mainly been trying just to backswing A for now trying to get that better. Yes there are no drills here. The pic I posted was the backswing A position in hopes I was close. In NTC the wrist set happens with the no turn. The set you are talking about is in efficient swing. 

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS with RDX Blue 70g S [back up and on life support Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5" ]

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: TAII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter 

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X and :OnCore: vero X1 (may dabble in proV1 at some point)

:Arccos:

8 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Thanks. I have mainly been trying just to backswing A for now trying to get that better. Yes there are no drills here. The pic I posted was the backswing A position in hopes I was close. In NTC the wrist set happens with the no turn. The set you are talking about is in efficient swing. 

Correct the wrist set is of backswing A where in efficient swing it’s a separate drill and also a different way of setting the wrist. If you watch the backswing A drill Monte breaks it down into wrist set, then turning the wrist then the push to 7 o’clock at the start of the video. Which then becomes a single movement. My suggestion is to segment your practice into those 3 steps. Work the feel of setting the wrist. Then set and rotate them a bunch of times after setting them. This turns into set and rotate of wrist movement. It teaches your wrist how to move. Then once you have done that blend in the push to 7 o’clock and drill that over and over. You have to teach your body new movement patterns and you can’t do that at full speed.

• Like 1

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1