Salted Smart Insole

GolfSpy MPR

I’m late to this party but I rarely think about my feet and MAN I should be doing more of it. Not just the weight shifting (which I DO need) but also the heel to toe shifts. I might end up snagging a pair. 

:tour-edge: C721 7.5° Driver with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:titelist-small: TSi3 15° Fairway with HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.5

:mizuno-small: MP H4 3-PW with TT DG S300

:callaway-small: MD4 52°, MD5 56°, 60°

:taylormade-small: Spider SR Single Bend

:taylormade-small: TP5

:titelist-small: Hybrid 14-way Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 Rangefinder

On 3/17/2021 at 11:10 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Second update: customer service sent me a video about a technique for resetting the insoles (I didn't know that before), but unfortunately, that did not revive the left one. In the same email, they said that if that did not work, they would send a replacement. I just replied with my address and will post one more update when the replacement arrives. All told. I'm pleased with their customer service here. They took reasonable steps to make sure there was a problem, and when that was obvious, agreed to send a replacement.

I believe they are a company based out of South Korea. Korean consumer companies live and die by customer service so not a surprise that they are taking care of you. 

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: :callaway-small: XR Project X Stiff (3&4)

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

Great news! Yesterday, I received my insoles. SALTED shipped them from South Korea on March 22 and they arrived in my mailbox on March 25. That is amazing that it's even possible. Kudos to them for excellent support.

Just this afternoon, I unboxed the new pair and installed them in the TRUE Linkswear shoes I keep in my office for just this purpose. Both paired with the phone immediately.

Decided that they needed to be tested. One feature that I like is that you can set up your phone for video and then tell it to record three swings in a way. It will give you audio prompts for each swing. Then (as I think I posted here before), you can go into analysis mode, fine tune the address | top of the backswing | impact | finish frames of the video. It will then allow you to easily, within the app, screen capture analysis with voice for exporting. That is a really slick feature, especially if you're working with a coach online.

I was really pleased with what I saw here. I have been using these insoles on and off, but not super regularly. When I first got my original pair, my pressure on my lead foot at impact was about 60-65%. Today, I was up over 80%, which is where it should be. That was encouraging.

Side note: I've also found that these insoles are very helpful for me with my putting. On the app, you can go into practice mode and tweak the points at which the insoles will buzz and the phone will beep angrily at you. I set those tolerances very tight for putting, and work on making a stroke in which I have virtually no lower body movement or pressure shifting at all. Again, for me, I'm finding that that results in a much more consistent roll on my intended line.

• Like 6

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Sub Zero, 9°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 X
:callaway-small: Mavrik Sub Zero 15°, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 70 S
:cobra-small: F6 5-6W, 18.5°, Fujikura Motore 6.3
:callaway-small: XR Pro 20°, Project X 75 Black HYB S
:Sub70: 699 Pro, Modus3 105, 5–PW
:Sub70: Forged Black 50°, 54°, and 58°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0 [CURRENT MGS FORUM TEST]
:srixon-small: Z-Star XV

Full WITB with pictures

• 6 months later...

After the latest MGS podcast where Harry was raving about the latest app update and the soles, I decided to get a pair. They are $145 right now on Amazon with next day Prime delivery so I’ll be trying them out very soon. I have a real problem with weight transfer, shanks, over the top pull slice, and chunks. I know that there are multiple causes for this but the biggest thing that I’m aware of is my weight transfer or lack thereof.

I’ve used the Planemate in the past to renovate my swing and it worked well but I stopped using it because I thought the tool worked and it fixed my swing forever. I was wrong. As I started going through the tutorials again I realized I had lost a lot of the fundamentals and feelings. Hoping to use these insoles with the Planemate and get my swing in order.

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0811 XF Gen 2 9º (UST Helium Stiff)

3 Wood: Titleist TS2 15º (Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Hybrid 1: Titleist 818 H1 19º (Tensei HYB blue 80 Stiff)

Hybrid 2: Titleist TS2 23º (Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff)

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-GW (AMT Black Regular Flex)

Wedges: SM8 52 12F, SM7 54 10S (AMT Black Stiff Flex)

Putter: Kirkland Signature KS1 and PXG Blackjack

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Rock Bottom has these on sale for $97.   Just ordered a pair to see how they work and find out something else wrong with my golf swing 🤣

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ChitownM2 said:

Rock Bottom has these on sale for $97.   Just ordered a pair to see how they work and find out something else wrong with my golf swing 🤣

Thanks, sounds tempting.  MPR's review has been very good and from what I have seen, It could be very beneficial to me as well in getting that weight transferred or knowing at least how much I'm not doing it.  

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

29 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Thanks, sounds tempting.  MPR's review has been very good and from what I have seen, It could be very beneficial to me as well in getting that weight transferred or knowing at least how much I'm not doing it.  

Apparently their has been a firmware update and Harry has posted a few things about the information being improved.

• Like 1

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :callaway-small: 54-10S   :cleveland-small: 588  58-12
Putter:  :seemore-small: mFGP2

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180, :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, Bellum Winmore 787

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 minutes ago, cnosil said:

Apparently their has been a firmware update and Harry has posted a few things about the information being improved.

That's what prompted me to look at these again...and the reduced price he mentioned to $160.  I was about to buy them using the link in his article from Amazon but when I did a google search to verify sizing it brought me to rock bottom and they were way cheaper so at that point it became a no brainer.

• Like 3

I actually just initiated a return on my Amazon purchase and bought a pair from Rock bottom. $40 difference is too much to ignore.

Driver: PXG 0811 XF Gen 2 9º (UST Helium Stiff)

3 Wood: Titleist TS2 15º (Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff)

Hybrid 1: Titleist 818 H1 19º (Tensei HYB blue 80 Stiff)

Hybrid 2: Titleist TS2 23º (Tensei AV Blue 70 Stiff)

Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-GW (AMT Black Regular Flex)

Wedges: SM8 52 12F, SM7 54 10S (AMT Black Stiff Flex)

Putter: Kirkland Signature KS1 and PXG Blackjack

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Mine should be arriving any day now, my PT and golf coach have been commenting on my posture and weight balance so I'm looking forward to using these to correct all that. 

I got a pair of these.  The hardware seems great but I am not too thrilled with the app.  Seems like a lot of work to record every swing.  I wish there was a way I could just see what happened on a 5 second delay, so I could hit my ball, look up, and see the movement of my weight shift.