Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Does anyone use the "puttout" put trainer to work on speed and stroke? How do you use it, and has it helped your game? I just purchased one and am wondering how to use it.

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

50 Deg:Sub70: TAIII Satin

54 deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

58 Deg: :Sub70: TAIII Satin

Putter:Sub70: 004 Single Bend Masters Edition

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Oh yes lots of threads have discussed the putt out here and there not sure if there is one specifically though for it.

regardless it’s a great tool I used over last winter and definitely helped with my lag putting. One thing I didn’t do much this year was 1 putt though. I was better at reducing 3 putts. I am sure it is just me and just a little off. I had way less short putts this year which I was happy about. Make sure ya have a good putting mat!

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

The complete Puttout system is reviewed here 

I still use it regularly, the instant feedback and narrowing of focus is great. Enjoy using it, and if you do, I’m pretty sure your putting will improve.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

A3 foot metal ruler I bought to roll balls down helped my short putts and start line far more than the PuttOut hole and mat (which I have the ruler on coincidentally). It's pretty easy to make 4 foot putts continuously on a flat surface to a regulation hole, especially once the groove starts forming in the PuttOut mat. When you see your ball wobbling side to side in the groove you soon realize that making the ball in the micro-target can become more luck than skill once you have a feel for that speed. 

You can't get much benefit to speed control using a 7 foot mat that stimps around a 12. The Exputt putting simulator is likely your best option to work on speed control indoors based on the reviews in that thread...

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

A3 foot metal ruler I bought to roll balls down helped my short putts and start line far more than the PuttOut hole and mat (which I have the ruler on coincidentally). It's pretty easy to make 4 foot putts continuously on a flat surface to a regulation hole, especially once the groove starts forming in the PuttOut mat. When you see your ball wobbling side to side in the groove you soon realize that making the ball in the micro-target can become more luck than skill once you have a feel for that speed. 
You can't get much benefit to speed control using a 7 foot mat that stimps around a 12. The Exputt putting simulator is likely your best option to work on speed control indoors based on the reviews in that thread...

Yep, for startline training, a metal yardstick is a great aid. You can also setup some gates.

For all around putting practice the ExPutt is ideal. You can practice all different distances on different speed greens to practice speed control up to 50’.
I am so glad I got to test the ExPutt, it has been a great tool to work on speed and not have to go to the course.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 1 month later...

Just got the mat and the pressure putt trainer, absolutely love it. Can really see my ball path, plus the drills they have on their website are great. Use my phone in slow motion to capture impact. 

one thing is my mat hasn’t completely flattened out so there’s some bend to the putt

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA