Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

JUST ARRIVED! - TourEdge CB4 Tour Fairways

• SPY VIP

These arrived at the tail end of last week. There's been some discussion on the forum already about the driver, but we decided to check out the fairway woods. I really like the relatively compact look of this club. It's also nice to see a real" Aldila RIP (not the "made for" variety). It looks like the shaft is an RIP Sigma, which would be a TE Exclusive (made for...). Many golfers will also appreciate the Decade Multi-Compound grips that come standard.

As you can see by the first image, TourEdge is making some exceptionally bold claims about distance.

AEC_0198.jpg

AEC_0205.jpg

AEC_0207.jpg

AEC_0209.jpg

AEC_0211.jpg

AEC_0212.jpg

AEC_0213.jpg

AEC_0218.jpg

AEC_0248.jpg

From Tour Edge

EXOTICS CB4 TOUR FAIRWAY

Designed for maximum workability, the CB4 features a slightly smaller 170cc tour-preferred head size. The head's classic pear shape produces a higher center of gravity that produces a lower spin rate and a powerful launch. Combining a high-tech 15-3-3-3 titanium cupped face with a heavier hyper steel body, every single gram of excess weight is eliminated from the face area and shifted to the rear skirt and sole for a deeper center of gravity. The deep, higher center of gravity gives the CB4 an explosive, penetrating launch angle.

The CB4's trampoline face design combines multiple levels of face thickness which maximize the spring-effect at launch. By varying the thickness of the face, the trampoline design allows for enhanced elongation of the titanium face. The result is incredible feel and a powerful rebound effect.

Taking tour inspiration and performance one step further, the CB4 utilizes the new Aldila RIP 70 graphite shaft series. The Aldila RIP is the fastest growing shaft on the PGA Tour. The RIP 70 Sigma shaft breaks from conventional ply configurations and weaves inner 45 degree angle graphite plies on the outside and inside of the tip to increase hoop stiffness in the tip for greater shaft stability near the club head. The RIP technology provides for a shaft with lower torque, increased stability, and better tip stiffness control than any shaft made with similar materials employing a conventional ply configuration.

For unrivaled workability and distance, the CB4 delivers tour-caliber results. Experience what the best players in the world already know – Exotics fairway woods are the longest fairway woods in golf. Guaranteed.

techlayer.jpg

cb4specs.PNG

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Like like!

I was wondering... what happens to all the clubs you guys test for reviews? Do you get to keep them or do you have to ship them back to the manufacturer?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

The majority of the companies do not require that we send back the equipment we review.

BTW...how do you like that FGS Nanotech shaft?

#TruthDigest

The new Tour Edge clubs look really nice. I love the smaller heads.

I also have a question: I've seen far more JUST ARRIVED posts than reviews. Obviously it takes time to review so this makes sense, but do you expect to review all the "just arrived" clubs? Is there some list that gives a rough idea of when each club will get reviewed?

• SPY VIP

The new Tour Edge clubs look really nice. I love the smaller heads.

I also have a question: I've seen far more JUST ARRIVED posts than reviews. Obviously it takes time to review so this makes sense, but do you expect to review all the "just arrived" clubs? Is there some list that gives a rough idea of when each club will get reviewed?

Scheduling can be tricky (we're trying to get better at it), but we need to get everything tested first, and then get the review written, but the plan is to review the substantial majority of the "just arrived" stuff. We generally submit equipment requests in batches (late winter/and late summer). As you might imagine, equipment shows up in bunches over the course of a couple of weeks (which is when I try and post the Just Arrived pics), but it takes substantially longer to complete testing, and write reviews. There are also occasionally products that weren't on our radar that for one reason or another find their way to us. We try and squeeze those in as well.

If all goes well, we're going to ramp up the review schedule a bit, which should reduce the gap between just arrived and actually reviewed. The data makes the reviews better, but it also means the reviews take a lot longer than those where it's just one guy giving his opinion.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

I really like the look a whole lot, BUT I don't think I could game black faced and black soled clubs with how much I hit off of sandy ranges with sandy balls. The fairway woods would look like I dragged them behind my car after a week. It's such a good looking design though. The CB4 driver wasn't for me, but those same things I didn't like in the driver would be great in a 3 wood.

I spy with my little eye something...

Like the 3 13*

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

BTW...how do you like that FGS Nanotech shaft?

It's supposed to be a stiff, but when I shake the driver, I feel the club head wiggling. But again, I demoed the TM Superfast 2.0 with Matrix Ozik in stiff and felt wiggly as well.

Performance-wise I compared it with the original Cobra S2 with Fujikura Fit-On stiff and the numbers were pretty similar on the LM.

I actually hope MGS can do a review on their stuff, since experienced testers can probably tell the difference (if there is any) better than I do.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

The majority of the companies do not require that we send back the equipment we review.

Meaning we have a chance for give-aways for those clubs nobody wants? :D :D :D

• SPY VIP

Is the Aldila RIP "Sigma" an actual aftermarket RIP? If so, I've never seen it for purchase. I'm going to guess it is actually a "made for" shaft.

You're absolutely correct. I saw the red eyes, and made the foolish assumption that it was an Alpha. I should have read a bit more closely.

If this club truly adds 20yds, then why do they even make a driver, unless it's a guaranteed 350? LOL

I was so gung ho for this club on the basis of the design description and the pictures but that guarantee is a real turn off and turned me away.

I'm a veteran of way many 10 more yards ads.

Shambles

• 1 month later...
  • SPY VIP

We're about halfway through testing on the CB4 Fairway. While it's too soon for anything to be conclusive, thus far the results are very positive. Two of our testers actually told me they think the claim of 20+ yards is more or less true (when compared to their current 3 wood). It's an absolute beast where distance is concerned. While the 2 degree open thing, probably isn't for everyone, they guys are probably hitting it just as straight as anything else in the 3 wood category.

So if I don't gain twenty yards does this mean I could sue TE. Just wondering if this works like McDonalds where I didn't know the coffee was hot. Just saying :D I like the look but I don't see 20yds out of it or does it have a 46" shaft to match the Cleveland? :rolleyes:

Whats in the bag:

Titleist 910D2 10.5 Graphite Design Y7-S

Adams 1600 proto 14.5 Graphite Design AD DJ

Titleist 910F 17 Ust Tour Black

Titleist 910H 22 Diamana Kali

Adams Idea Pro A12 4-9 KBS C Taper

Titleist Vokey SM4 46 degree w/ DG Spinner

Mizuno MP R12 50-54-58 DG spinner

Ping Redwood ZB

Ball Nike 20XI-X

• SPY VIP

Any plans to review the driver as well.

A review of the CB4 driver is unlikely at this point, but I would anticipate adding some additional TourEdge gear to the review pipeline.

I was so gung ho for this club on the basis of the design description and the pictures but that guarantee is a real turn off and turned me away.

I'm a veteran of way many 10 more yards ads.

Shambles

As much as I agree that the distance assertions by every company has become tired, I recommend not letting that dissuade you from trying one of these out. In the case of this club I don't think "20 more yards" was an outlandish claim. I have moved away from fairway woods over the past year, but this beast will likely bring me back. There is not a single thing I dislike about this club. Even the price, which is substantial, seems like a bargain after experiencing the performance.

Archived