TESTERS WANTED! ×

CG2's Rapsodo Unofficial Review

Golfspy_CG2

7 hours ago, jddaigneault said:

How does the auto club detection work? It’s supposed to pick up on different clubs somehow. Perhaps by length? Problem for our one length users if that is the case. 

2 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

i watched a review where the guy flashed the sole of the club at the camera. maybe it picks up the number on the sole?

Yes this, you wave the sole of the club in front of the camera and it reads the number.  

i had a bit of an issue with the driver so I changed that manually easy enough.   Ill continue to see what i did wrong there. 

Changing between 6 and 7 on auto detect worked easily enough. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Really looking forward to more information on this, as I have been interested in this, though as an android user it seems I will need to wait until next year.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

The amazon deal on them right now is really good, 100 bucks off the normal price, for me the biggest let down is the android compatibility.

@Golfspy_CG2 If you have a chance to test as you are playing a round, I would love to know, how hard or easy it is to use it on every shot that you take during a round.

Also are there modes for stuff like sand shots or putts?

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

2 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

The amazon deal on them right now is really good, 100 bucks off the normal price, for me the biggest let down is the android compatibility.

@Golfspy_CG2 If you have a chance to test as you are playing a round, I would love to know, how hard or easy it is to use it on every shot that you take during a round.

Also are there modes for stuff like sand shots or putts?

I definitely will do some on course testing.  Some will be on a closed hole, where I just want to see the stats from a real ball--not a range ball--and see the gps overlay of the shots.

But I also intended on taking it out during a round, ideally I'd like to use if for a complete hole or two.  On the tee, then the approach shot and maybe a pitch shot.   It doesn't work for bunker shots or putting. 

The on course use will be interesting to see how fast it can be popped down behind the ball and used without delaying pace of play.  My gut is that it will be pretty easy once it's fired up and ready, which takes maybe 1 minute from turning it on.   

The one tricky part of that to get a good GPS overlay, you have to mark (actually confirm) your spot on your phone.  The GPS will pick up where you are--see the pic below from my location on the range and all you do is hit confirm location. 

But then the trick is to get your direction acclimated correctly, see also in the pic where I didn't get it pointed in the right direction.  At least now I know how far it is from our driving range across the street to the first tee 🙂

3BE5A45C-FB07-4403-A573-6B7ED01F218C.png

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I definitely will do some on course testing.  Some will be on a closed hole, where I just want to see the stats from a real ball--not a range ball--and see the gps overlay of the shots.

But I also intended on taking it out during a round, ideally I'd like to use if for a complete hole or two.  On the tee, then the approach shot and maybe a pitch shot.   It doesn't work for bunker shots or putting. 

The on course use will be interesting to see how fast it can be popped down behind the ball and used without delaying pace of play.  My gut is that it will be pretty easy once it's fired up and ready, which takes maybe 1 minute from turning it on.   

The one tricky part of that to get a good GPS overlay, you have to mark (actually confirm) your spot on your phone.  The GPS will pick up where you are--see the pic below from my location on the range and all you do is hit confirm location. 

But then the trick is to get your direction acclimated correctly, see also in the pic where I didn't get it pointed in the right direction.  At least now I know how far it is from our driving range across the street to the first tee 🙂

3BE5A45C-FB07-4403-A573-6B7ED01F218C.png

did you at least yell !FORE!

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

2 hours ago, Urbs_Valhalla said:

did you at least yell !FORE!

LOL...Good.Call!

Uh oh.... I might have another post in the What have you bought recently? thread HAHAHA!!! I've always wanted to get one of these for a driving range session. I've become so reliant on the GC Quad at the PGA Superstore for my practice sessions. Its nice to have that data from GC Quad but nothing beats seeing the actual ball flight when shots are hit so pure! 

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

6 hours ago, PingMD702 said:

Uh oh.... I might have another post in the What have you bought recently? thread HAHAHA!!! I've always wanted to get one of these for a driving range session. I've become so reliant on the GC Quad at the PGA Superstore for my practice sessions. Its nice to have that data from GC Quad but nothing beats seeing the actual ball flight when shots are hit so pure! 

Yep, and you can quickly delete the not so pure shots 😆

Yep, and you can quickly delete the not so pure shots

Now that’s what I’m talkin about! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver: Titleist TSr3 10 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue TR Velocore 6x D1/Neutral setting (RH)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr2 16.5 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

7 Wood: Titleist TSr2 21 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 7x D1 setting (RH)

5 Hybrid: Titleist TSr2 24 Degree Fujikura Ventus Blue Velocore 8x B2 setting (RH)

Irons: 2023 Titleist Black T100 5-PW AMT White S300 Onyx (RH)

Wedges: 2023 Titleist Black T100 50 AMT White S300 Onyx, Titleist SM9 Premium Jet Black 54D/12 bounce, 58M/8 bounce BGT ZNE 130 wedge shafts (RH)

Putter: Bettinardi Wizard Inovai 8.0 Custom with Stability Shaft Tour Black

Ball: 2022 Titleist ProV1x (yellow)

7 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yep, and you can quickly delete the not so pure shots 😆

If only you could quickly delete them from your round as well 

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve yet to figure out the direction thing- i always have my grid in the parking lot or 1st green. :)

Other than that I absolutely love mine very easy to use and accurate.

I’ve discovered that I drive the ball farthest, when I launch it between 15-17 and with practice I’ve gotten a real good sense of how to do that. I played with my regular guys yesterday and they were stunned by how high I was hitting and and how far it was going both into and down wind. In fact I was longer than a guy whom I’m neck and neck with on every drive and he several in the same zip code as my younger buddy who’s generally 30 yards longer than me.

Launch windows matter

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

51 minutes ago, revkev said:

I’ve yet to figure out the direction thing- i always have my grid in the parking lot or 1st green. 🙂

Other than that I absolutely love mine very easy to use and accurate.

I’ve discovered that I drive the ball farthest, when I launch it between 15-17 and with practice I’ve gotten a real good sense of how to do that. I played with my regular guys yesterday and they were stunned by how high I was hitting and and how far it was going both into and down wind. In fact I was longer than a guy whom I’m neck and neck with on every drive and he several in the same zip code as my younger buddy who’s generally 30 yards longer than me.

Launch windows matter

I had the same issue with the direction.  Then i talked to the rep.  So lets see if i can explain this correctly. 

once you confirm your location. Use two fingers to “grab” and twist the directional pointer. But point the wide red cone area to where you are aiming, not the other end which looks like it would be a pointer.  

Don’t know if that explains it well, but it’s basically the opposite of what I intuitively thought. 

Took it on course the other day for the firsf time and it worked great on tee shots from 3 different holes. 

I haven’t had that problem. I can usually get to an hour and my phone battery will die, even starting at 100%. 

From what I understand that comes from my older phone (7+) and possibly having the display set to bright and other apps possibly running.  

Im also looking at picking up an IPad Pro to use with it.  The rep told me the dispaly will show a lot more info on the main screen plus have better battery life. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2020 at 1:43 AM, jddaigneault said:

It gives clubhead speed, and with that smash factor. The real shortcoming is that it doesn’t provide spin numbers. According to rapsodo they’re working on adding it though. 

I also heard they were working on providing spin numbers, once they can get them accurate.  But, raises the question with me , how do they calculate accurate distance without accurate spin data?   Since the spin will influence distance, then I would assume they are using spin in calculating distance,  but then wonder how they can state the distance is accurate, if the spin numbers are not accurate enough to show. 

44 minutes ago, WEG said:

I also heard they were working on providing spin numbers, once they can get them accurate.  But, raises the question with me , how do they calculate accurate distance without accurate spin data?   Since the spin will influence distance, then I would assume they are using spin in calculating distance,  but then wonder how they can state the distance is accurate, if the spin numbers are not accurate enough to show. 

Yes, they’re supposed to be coming out with spin soon. Or so the rapsodo rep tells me. Should be released for android soon too. I think the lack of spin data is why it is close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage, but isn’t quite there yet. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

Taylormade MG2 Wedges 50/55/60

Taylormade Spider X Putter

1 minute ago, jddaigneault said:

Yes, they’re supposed to be coming out with spin soon. Or so the rapsodo rep tells me. Should be released for android soon too. I think the lack of spin data is why it is close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage, but isn’t quite there yet. 

Sorry, am confused with one statement......   Lack of spin data is why it is close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage?  Wouldnt a lack of spin data make it not close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage?    Are you saying it is accurate and close to trackman?     

At the driving range, I have found the rapsodo to be shorter, than what I think I measure.   With wedges, the distance reading seems pretty close, maybe 5 yards short or so,  then the distance discrepancy seems to go up in the longer clubs,  with the driver reading short by 25-30 yards.  It seems to be generally consistent enough, with an odd wild outlier now and then, so that it is still usable.   I will also have to try hitting some non-range balls and compare the distance to range balls on rapsodo.     

3 hours ago, WEG said:

Sorry, am confused with one statement......   Lack of spin data is why it is close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage?  Wouldnt a lack of spin data make it not close to trackman and foresight in terms of yardage?    Are you saying it is accurate and close to trackman?     

At the driving range, I have found the rapsodo to be shorter, than what I think I measure.   With wedges, the distance reading seems pretty close, maybe 5 yards short or so,  then the distance discrepancy seems to go up in the longer clubs,  with the driver reading short by 25-30 yards.  It seems to be generally consistent enough, with an odd wild outlier now and then, so that it is still usable.   I will also have to try hitting some non-range balls and compare the distance to range balls on rapsodo.     

I said the lack of spin is why, while fairly accurate measured against trackman and foresight, it ultimately comes up short because it needs the spin numbers to have a more accurate algorithm. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

4 hours ago, WEG said:

If you have read some of my updates, I find it very accurate on all clubs.  I typically take on course, with ProvX and will hit a number of shots from the tee both par 4's and Par 3's I read the distance for each of those as they are hit. Then,  I use my SX500 and mark the spot of my drive and then drive out to each ball.  It is rarely more than 1-3 yards off from what Rapsodo shows to what SX500 shows.

I haven't taken the Trackman on the course yet to set it next to Rapsodo and measure actual shots with each with real balls.  As soon as our instructor's lesson load lightens up a bit, I'll try that. 

Just got this email.

For anyone that is on the fence about this product, this should be the shove you need!

I absolutely love mine and it has worked flawlessly!  

Rapsodo Early Black Friday Sale $100 Off

3 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Just got this email.

For anyone that is on the fence about this product, this should be the shove you need!

I absolutely love mine and it has worked flawlessly!  

Rapsodo Early Black Friday Sale $100 Off

Well for that price I may have to get one for the next time I decide to apply for a testing opportunity 

I have been looking hard at getting one of these. My only gripe with it is the Apple only compatibility, being an Android user. I know their website is saying it should be compatible later this year and if that's true, I might just have to try to sweet talk the wife into it. 

5 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have been looking hard at getting one of these. My only gripe with it is the Apple only compatibility, being an Android user. I know their website is saying it should be compatible later this year and if that's true, I might just have to try to sweet talk the wife into it. 

I forgot they were not android compatible right now

9 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

3 minutes ago, tommc23 said:

I forgot they were not android compatible right now

Yeah in their FB page they have been saying the Android version is coming this year. 

Hopefully that goes as planned  

46 minutes ago, sirchunksalot said:

We bought a few of these for the high school team. The rep assured me they’d be android compatible by January. FWIW, he told me about the compatibility with a net before it got released to the world by MGS, so I’d say he’s been pretty reliable. 

Taylormade M5 Driver

Cobra F9 3 Wood

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Iron

Srixon ZX7 7-PW

38 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah in their FB page they have been saying the Android version is coming this year. 

Hopefully that goes as planned  

Just now, jddaigneault said:

We bought a few of these for the high school team. The rep assured me they’d be android compatible by January. FWIW, he told me about the compatibility with a net before it got released to the world by MGS, so I’d say he’s been pretty reliable. 

That's good to hear. I really like what I'm hearing about this LM, but the ability to use it with only Apple products is pretty much a no go with me. Not that I have anything against iProducts, just don't have any. Hopefully they'll have a smooth rollout of Android usage with it. 

7 hours ago, JK Col said:

For hitting into net, none of the 2020 I-phones have been added 😪.  Wish I had known    

I think they said those should be updated anytime.  Not sure if it’s the reason, but have you run the latest software update in the app.