best practice net?

Our Sponsors

Earlier this year I bought a 10 x 15 from Florida Net Company.  I have it hanging from the rafters in the pole barn.  I used a heavy duty rod fastened to the rafters and the carabiners on the net slide like a shower curtain to stretch it open and bunch it up in a corner when done.  They have regular and high impact for golf.  It has worked very well for me.  

https://floridanetcompany.com/collections/golf-driving-range-netting-and-impact-nets/Golf-Barrier-Net

• Like 2

Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5 

Ping i20 17* & 23* hybrids, stock stiff shafts

Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0

Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0

Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 (w/ some custom heel grinding)

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

9 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

Earlier this year I bought a 10 x 15 from Florida Net Company.  I have it hanging from the rafters in the pole barn.  I used a heavy duty rod fastened to the rafters and the carabiners on the net slide like a shower curtain to stretch it open and bunch it up in a corner when done.  They have regular and high impact for golf.  It has worked very well for me.  

https://floridanetcompany.com/collections/golf-driving-range-netting-and-impact-nets/Golf-Barrier-Net

that’s almost exactly what i was thinking. i’d love to see a picture of your setup if you have one. 

7 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

that’s almost exactly what i was thinking. i’d love to see a picture of your setup if you have one. 

Pics of the set up.  Its a pole barn so its not especially pretty but the one side of the net is fastened to the rafter support brace.  There are carabiners on the net hooked over an unused ground rod from a past job, probably the most expensive net rod ever!  The other upper corner of the net has a carabiner attached to the corner of the sliding door so that as I open it it pulls the net along with it stretching it out across the opening.  In the pics it looks like the rod and door track are attached in some way but they are not.  The rod is only supported on each end and hangs in front of the track.

20201016_142259.jpg.f6e3c8145b0c7411e2a6bd94f02d2744.jpg

20201016_142157.jpg.c1407366993eedb6fa6ff98566d549b4.jpg

20201016_142229.jpg.865a591f7b9a7da97f7983ebd42108f1.jpg

20201016_142244.jpg.f3ef99452a27a5c0b1343c1a31899e3c.jpg

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

4 minutes ago, Chip Strokes said:

@Shapotomousthats a pretty damn slick setup!! very cool. 

how tall is the doorway? looks like you’ve got 2-3 feet collected on the floor? does that work well for deadening the balls and having them collect at the base of the net?

I'll have to measure it again but if my memory is semi intact, the doorway opening is about 9' and the  10' side of the net is hanging from there so only a little over 1' is gathered on the ground.  It catches the balls nicely and they lay there.  Once in a while if the previous ball is laying just the right way on the net bottom the next ball hitting the net will cause it to roll back to me.

• Like 1

Ping Heppler Fetch

Snell MTB

8 minutes ago, Shapotomous said:

I'll have to measure it again but if my memory is semi intact, the doorway opening is about 9' and the  10' side of the net is hanging from there so only a little over 1' is gathered on the ground.  It catches the balls nicely and they lay there.  Once in a while if the previous ball is laying just the right way on the net bottom the next ball hitting the net will cause it to roll back to me.

thank you, that’s exactly what i’m looking for