Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Are there very many sushi fans in here?

Jackal

I didnt know how many there might be.

In person some of my friends like the California rolls, crabmeat and veggies, cooked shrimp, and the safe cooked ones.

Quite a few of my friends love the (raw, man eating squid ) versions.

I can eat almost any of it.

One of my friends wives won't even sit at the table when someone's eating a avocado.😂😂😂😂

She gets sick when someone says sushi.

Let's hear and maybe see some of your sushi pics, favorite places, and heck even some hibachi type food from a sushi place.

Always chasing different clubs

My son eats two full size salmon avocado rolls by himself, and he is 4. He is always asking for sushi.

I used to be a beast at all you can eat sushi. Never would get full, i would be still eating long after others were done and i would eat their leftovers so they didn't get charged a fee for wasting food.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

5 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

My son eats two full size salmon avocado rolls by himself, and he is 4. He is always asking for sushi.

I used to be a beast at all you can eat sushi. Never would get full, i would be still eating long after others were done and i would eat their leftovers so they didn't get charged a fee for wasting food.

Sounds like us.

My wife will order a Cali roll, and maybe an eel roll, then my Son and I clean it all up.

There is a local Shoguns that has a buffet.

They keep all the popular rolls on buffet, and they have all kinds of chinese to go with it.

I can eat forever.

Sometimes I think they wait for me to leave before bringing more food out.😂😂😂

I haven't really found a sushi I'm not a fan of. I have had mackerel which wasn't bad it was better as sushi than sashimi for me the oily taste was better with the rice. I always try a few new ones when at the sushi bar if I do takeout I order the same thing because it never tastes the same by the time I get home as at the bar.

Love sushi! I'm not hardcore enough to be able to go to omakase (letting the chef choose) but I'm a huge fan of most sushi, and obviously being from Hawaii, poke is a staple of my diet

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

You should have posted this last night. My daughter turned 13 yesterday, and we got takeout sushi from her favorite local place. I'm a huge fan of anything with eel in it. 

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

14 minutes ago, HardcoreLooper said:

You should have posted this last night. My daughter turned 13 yesterday, and we got takeout sushi from her favorite local place. I'm a huge fan of anything with eel in it. 

Tell her happy birthday!!👍👍👍

39 minutes ago, yungkory said:

Love sushi! I'm not hardcore enough to be able to go to omakase (letting the chef choose) but I'm a huge fan of most sushi, and obviously being from Hawaii, poke is a staple of my diet

I'm with you there.

I want to select what I'm getting.

First time I had sushi was in Singapore when I was 21. Before that you couldn’t convince me to ever try that. Loved it ever since.

i prefer rolls over sashimi though. Eel is my favorite 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I love sushi and sashimi, that's one of the things I really miss with the COVID stuff.  My wife and I just aren't really comfortable going inside a restaurant to eat, and take-away sushi just isn't the same.  We generally get some balance of sushi and sashimi, with maybe just one roll between us.  The absolute best thing ever is real live scallop, shocked from the shell, sliced, and plated with slivers of lemon between the slices.  I've never had anything that tastes fresher.

We started when on a visit to Hawaii, probably 25 years ago.  On our first night on Kauai we stopped in a little place called Gingers (no longer in business).  For a special they had fresh-caught ahi tuna sashimi, they had a whole loin, I'd guess a two-pound chunk, they were carving from.  We tried it, loved it, and have continued to eat it ever since

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

7 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I love sushi and sashimi, that's one of the things I really miss with the COVID stuff.  My wife and I just aren't really comfortable going inside a restaurant to eat, and take-away sushi just isn't the same.  We generally get some balance of sushi and sashimi, with maybe just one roll between us.  The absolute best thing ever is real live scallop, shocked from the shell, sliced, and plated with slivers of lemon between the slices.  I've never had anything that tastes fresher.

We started when on a visit to Hawaii, probably 25 years ago.  On our first night on Kauai we stopped in a little place called Gingers (no longer in business).  For a special they had fresh-caught ahi tuna sashimi, they had a whole loin, I'd guess a two-pound chunk, they were carving from.  We tried it, loved it, and have continued to eat it ever since

That sounds like an awesome first way to have it! Can’t beat Hawaii islands views

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

I only love the raw stuff and I do try to avoid sushi buffets and such... best experience is sitting at the bar and have the chef prepare every bite in front of you.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

26 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Wow!! That sounds fantastic!.

Hopefully, everything will open up soon!

2 minutes ago, Jackal said:

Wow!! That sounds fantastic!.

Hopefully, everything will open up soon!

The restaurants are open, we're just nervous about being indoors with other people.  We know the owner of our normal place, and I'm sure he's doing everything right (heck, we trust him with raw fish), we just have to get over our concerns.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

The restaurants are open, we're just nervous about being indoors with other people.  We know the owner of our normal place, and I'm sure he's doing everything right (heck, we trust him with raw fish), we just have to get over our concerns.  

That's for sure.

Especially in some of the hot spot areas.

11 hours ago, yungkory said:

Mmnnn poke...love that!  One of the local Costco's were doing poke "bowls" (more platter than bowl) for cheap and it was awesome.  They only did it during holidays and then only on the weekends!  I'm a big sushi fan and will eat almost any sushi/sashimi/roll put in front of me.  Found a place near me that has all you can eat sushi above and beyond the standard rolls some of these asian buffets serve.  Almost the entire menu is all you can eat😁

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

5 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Mmnnn poke...love that!  One of the local Costco's were doing poke "bowls" (more platter than bowl) for cheap and it was awesome. 

Its not difficult at all to make pretty good poke at home, if you can get quality fish.  We have a number of ethnic/asian supermarkets in my part of Northern Virginia, and they all sell sashimi grade ahi, and usually a couple of other sashimi grade options.  And of course if you like one Hawaiian delicacy, you should also enjoy Spam musubi, another Hawaiian delicacy.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

I love anything that's fish, crab, or shrimp. I've not branched out to eel or squid yet though, but I know lots of people that love eel.

We found this fantastic Asian restaurant on a vacation to Niagara Falls, Canada called Wind. It's almost like a tapas place, but Asian. It's all you can eat, and there's an iPad in the table that you just order off of. Can get a full range of Japanese, Chinese, and Thai as well.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

Just now, DaveP043 said:

Its not difficult at all to make pretty good poke at home, if you can get quality fish.  We have a number of ethnic/asian supermarkets in my part of Northern Virginia, and they all sell sashimi grade ahi, and usually a couple of other sashimi grade options.  And of course if you like one Hawaiian delicacy, you should also enjoy Spam musubi, another Hawaiian delicacy.

I grew up on SPAM and rice...lol. There's a big fish market in Jessup,MD that I think sells sashimi grade fish, but I just haven't gotten time to visit it.  Funny story, we were over a neighbor's house a few weeks ago and we were having a few drinks...next thing you know the discussion rolled around to sushi...bam sushi making kit ordered from Amazon and the next neighbor get together is apparently a sushi making night, lol.  I'm bringing saki too for the full experience 😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

4 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

I love anything that's fish, crab, or shrimp. I've not branched out to eel or squid yet though, but I know lots of people that love eel.

We found this fantastic Asian restaurant on a vacation to Niagara Falls, Canada called Wind. It's almost like a tapas place, but Asian. It's all you can eat, and there's an iPad in the table that you just order off of. Can get a full range of Japanese, Chinese, and Thai as well.

Take Dead Aim

Sounds awesome! Many years ago, I had visited a place in Ft. lauderdale that had all you can eat sushi with the rotating belt where sushi chefs put sushi/sashimi etc on it and you would just grab what you wanted.  The Sushi was fantastic!  In fact, the 2-3 other times I went down for work I made sure to put that restaurant on my list.  Sadly it closed.

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

17 minutes ago, Tsmithjr9 said:

We've tried just about everything, and like pretty much all of it.  One of the good things about going to the same place regularly is that the chefs get to know you, and are happy to introduce you to things, one at a time.  Eel is a good "entry" type of tidbit, since its cooked, and is glazed with a tasty sauce.  To me, squid is kind of bland, octopus can be chewy (better grilled greek-style), giant clam (mirugai, or geoduck) is a bit chewy and salty (delish), all of those chewier things are a second step.  Mackerel is probably the "fishiest" fish available, but makes a nice counter-taste to the milder fish.   Abalone is almost crunchy, if you can find it.  One of the most unusual is the uni (sea urchin),  soft and creamy.  My advice to anyone, go to a reputable sushi place, sit at the bar (when it becomes legal again), and get to know your chef.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

14 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I am sorry, I cannot do sushi, my brother and sister both love it.

Now all you can eat Brazilian steakhouse, that is my scene.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

14 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

It's not for everyone.

I have a cousin and she won't eat it, but it's because of the avocado???

She never eats green vegetables.

If the raw fish part turns you off, you can get a shrimp tempura roll.

Around here they have fried shrimp, cream cheese, avocado, and a sliver of carrot or celery.

10 hours ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I'm down with that as well.  I miss traveling for work and taking my teams out for dinners like that.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I don't know good sushi from bad sushi.  Probably all of it I've had was not good.  I would have to have someone knowledgeable tell me that this is good sushi before I would eat it again.  

But I know I do like @xOldBenKenobiX's Brazilian all-you-can-eat steakhouse!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Love it! Pretty much everything except eel I'll eat. Unfortunately, since we moved away from a major metro area good sushi is tough to come by. There is a gourmet Kroger near us with a sushi stand and I have them make me a brown rice chirashi bowl when I get there and it's ready for my when I'm done shopping.

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

10 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I don't know good sushi from bad sushi.  Probably all of it I've had was not good.  I would have to have someone knowledgeable tell me that this is good sushi before I would eat it again.  

But I know I do like @xOldBenKenobiX's Brazilian all-you-can-eat steakhouse!!

That is my problem with sushi, I have no clue what is good to what is bad, sure we have gone to expensive places here in Michigan, but price dont make it good.

One of my friends never liked it either until he had some when he was on a work trip to Marocco, of all places, and according to him it was amazing.

I want to try again, but I need someone to show me what is good or not, or I am waiting to try it when we go to Hawaii, or Japan in the future.

My Reviews:

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

On 10/14/2020 at 12:06 PM, xOldBenKenobiX said:

Yep..love those too!  Was introduced to it while on vacation in aruba...a place called Amazonia.  They have since closed (no wonder, they let someone who somehow cloned my CC while on vacation down there charge up 7k in charges!).  So we switched the very to Texas de Brazil...which also have locations in the US.  Near us,Fogo de Chao is awesome...this thread is making me hungry😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

Fairway Woods: 

Social Media:

15 minutes ago, MDGolfHacker said:

Yep..love those too!  Was introduced to it while on vacation in aruba...a place called Amazonia.  They have since closed (no wonder, they let someone who somehow cloned my CC while on vacation down there charge up 7k in charges!).  So we switched the very to Texas de Brazil...which also have locations in the US.  Near us,Fogo de Chao is awesome...this thread is making me hungry😁😂🤣

MDGolfHacker

I know there are a couple of fogo de chao locations in Maryland, I personally prefer Texas de Brazil, but I think the DC one closed.

I hope the CC company was able to sort out and revert those charges.

I am now getting hungry and salivating for some steak

Edited by xOldBenKenobiX

My Reviews:

15 minutes ago, xOldBenKenobiX said:

I know there are a couple of fogo de chao locations in Maryland, I personally prefer Texas de Brazil, but I think the DC one closed.

I hope the CC company was able to sort out and revert those charges.

I am now getting hungry and salivating for some steak

Brazilian steakhouse is also my jam. I challenge anyone to an eating contest.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4