TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Set Up 2020 - With a whole new Iron Brand

The end of 2020 has seen a rather drastic change in my set up.  While 2020 would rather be forgettable for most on a number of levels; In my game this year I've seen the need for some new weapons to allow me to score a tad better.  Not that my set up was terrible previously, I just didn't feel like it gave me all that I needed.  

So with that said:

Driver - Taylormade Sim 9 degrees turned down to 8.5.  Smoke 6.5 shaft  *New to my bag replacing a Callaway Epic Flash

3 wood -  Callaway Epic Flash 14 degree. Tensi Blue X stiff shaft  Old stick but can't dispute how well it performs.

2 Hybrid - Callaway Epic 18 degree turned down to 17.  Mitsubishi X stiff shaft.  Old stick but again can't dispute performance

3 Hybrid - Titleist 918 21 degree.  Tensi Blue X stiff shaft.  This is a new stick that I put in the bag when the conditions are wet and I need high and soft.  GREAT performer *New to my bag replacing 2018 Callaway X-Forged Irons

4-pw - Mizuno 919 Tour irons.  Nippon 105 Stiff shafts.  Revolutionary transition from my Callaway X-Forged irons. (KBS 120 stiff tipped shafts)  These sticks not only feel incredible but they perform in any shot type if attempt!  I feared the lighter shaft and them being stock stiff would cause me problems but surprisingly they gave me the best trackman numbers.  I've never played Mizuno's before but this was probably the best switch I've ever made!  And in my opinion, they outperformed the 2020/1 offerings including Mizuno's 921 irons *New to my bag

50 Degree and 58 Degree - Taylormade blacked out MG2 irons.  Recoil Stiff shafts Fell in love with them the moment I demo'd them.  *New to my bag. Previous played SM7's but wasn't happen with the overall performance for me. 

54 Degree - Callways Jaws Blacked out - the most versatile wedge I've played in many years.  Not coming out of my bag until it needs replaced for groove damage

Putter - Scotty Cameron Select Square Back - Too many miles and too many putts made on this to ever think of replacing it. 

Ball - Taylormade TP5 and Titleist Pro V1  Still ball testing and would love to hear others thoughts, but both are really incredible performers.  Tough making a decision and or thinking of going a different route. 

Have to get a picture of the Sim, but attached a picture of the bag set up thus far. 

That's it, that's all... 2020 was a year of great change so no better time to make some changes in my bag to hopefully get me over that hump and drop the final three strokes to get to scratch.  

Clubs.jpg

Edited by BNewton51

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

Beautiful setup here, those irons are beautiful!

WITB (Current):

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10.5, Mitsubishi Kai'Li X-Flex (set at 9.5)

Wood(s): Ping G425 LST 3 Wood 15, Ping Tour 2.0 Black X-Flex 

Hybrid/Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 2 (18 degrees), Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome X-Flex

Irons: Ping i230 4-PW, Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: Fourteen RM-4, 50, 54, 58

Putter: Sub70 AL5 Armlock

Ball: Titleist Prov1x Left Dash/Vice Pro Plus

2 hours ago, Adamman84 said:

Beautiful setup here, those irons are beautiful!

Thanks!  Having never played Mizuno's before, I wasn't sure about it to be honest.  BUT... Now that I have taken the plunge I'm not quite sure I'd ever go back! 

BNewt51

Golf Addict.... Father of 4.  Pennsylvania Golfer 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond - Ventus Red X :callaway-small:

3 Wood:  TS2 14* :titleist-small:

Hybrid:  Titleist TSI 2 18*  (Only used on Soft Rainy days)  image.png.94e8f04243fe8584238d70d382b90525.png

Utility Irons:  4 iron (Steel Fiber FC 110 - Stiff)  image.png.edaa152b6173d27a9529d0f1d7fcc172.png

Irons:  Titleist T-150 4-PW Steel Fiber CW 110 - Stiff  :titleist-small:

Wedges:  Vokey 48-8 Vokey 54-10 Vokey 58-6 all SM9's  :titleist-small:

Putter:  Scotty Cameron Special Select 5 Flowback (custom shop copper finish) or Bettinardi QB8  :titleist-small:  :bettinardi-small:

Ball:  Pro-V1x :titleist-small:

Titleist Tour Carry Bag Black and White  :titleist-small:

Bushnell Range Finder (Patriot Pack)  

*King of taking (borrowing) all my club ***** friends clubs after they've discarded them after a couple months!

I play Mizuno irons, and I'm not sure I'd want any other brand. I've tried other brands, but so far I've never found one that matches the feel of any comparable Mizuno forged iron. And feel is my #1 priority, above all else. YMMV

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys