Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Titleist Introduces New TSi 2 and TSi 3 Drivers

Golfspy_CG2

looking forward to trying this out at the next Titleist Thursday in my town!

Driver: Taylormade Sim 2 Max

3 Wood: Callaway Epic Max

Driving Iron: Titleist u510

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Ball: ProV1x

On 10/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, Kansas King said:

. I know a lot of people like the TXG guys on here and I watch their videos too, but keep in mind they have a conflict of interest since they are actually selling the clubs. 

FYI. They are an unaffiliated fitter. They also fit and sell, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, PING, PXG, Srixon, Taylormade and Wilson. So please explain to me the conflict of interest. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 6:57 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

FYI. They are an unaffiliated fitter. They also fit and sell, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, PING, PXG, Srixon, Taylormade and Wilson. So please explain to me the conflict of 

Manufacturer affiliation doesn't matter. TXG is unlikely to bad mouth a product sitting on their racks that they are trying to sell. If you owned a golf shop, would you say anything bad on YouTube video that gets thousands of views about the product you are trying to sell? No, plain and simple. Watch their Sub 70 iron video, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to say Sub 70 irons are as good as anything else. They also have other videos where they stumble trying to explain around why certain results aren't meeting their expectations or what they might be selling. The video with them testing the 43.5" driver length comes to mind. For the record, I like those guys and enjoy watching their videos. I think there is some good information to be gleaned from their videos.

At the end of the day you just have to keep in mind what biases might be affecting a review, and that isn't particular only to golf. It doesn't make the review bad but it's important that it isn't your sole source of information. The other issue with club head and shaft reviews in general is that it's almost impossible to isolate changes in performance in each component. Truly comparing a TS2 vs TSi 2 head performance is almost impossible even if using the same shaft because the different in head weighting would affect impact in different ways dynamically. It's one reason I take most reviews (biased or unbiased) with a grain of salt. Getting fitted by a competent fitter is the only good way to make a decision regarding golf clubs.

Edited by Kansas King

2 hours ago, Kansas King said:

Manufacturer affiliation doesn't matter. TXG is unlikely to bad mouth a product sitting on their racks that they are trying to sell. If you owned a golf shop, would you say anything bad on YouTube video that gets thousands of views about the product you are trying to sell? No, plain and simple. Watch their Sub 70 iron video, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to say Sub 70 irons are as good as anything else. They also have other videos where they stumble trying to explain around why certain results aren't meeting their expectations or what they might be selling. The video with them testing the 43.5" driver length comes to mind. For the record, I like those guys and enjoy watching their videos. I think there is some good information to be gleaned from their videos.

At the end of the day you just have to keep in mind what biases might be affecting a review, and that isn't particular only to golf. It doesn't make the review bad but it's important that it isn't your sole source of information. The other issue with club head and shaft reviews in general is that it's almost impossible to isolate changes in performance in each component. Truly comparing a TS2 vs TSi 2 head performance is almost impossible even if using the same shaft because the different in head weighting would affect impact in different ways dynamically. It's one reason I take most reviews (biased or unbiased) with a grain of salt. Getting fitted by a competent fitter is the only good way to make a decision regarding golf clubs.

Well. To your last statement Ian is a competent  fitter.  Full disclosure, I know as i went through a full fitting with him.

And what you mentioned above about not saying anything bad about any iron.  Thats not the definition of conflict of interest.  That would be if Titleist or Mizuno was giving him a full staff deal to sell X amount of its product.  

Truth is there is really very little if any bad equipment out there.  So saying good things about all current equipment isn’t a conflict of interest at all or misleading in anyway. 

Well. To your last statement Ian is a competent  fitter.  Full disclosure, I know as i went through a full fitting with him.
And what you mentioned above Mentioned above about not saying anything bad about any iron.  Thats not the definition of conflict of interest.  That would be if Titleist or Mizuno was giving him a full staff deal to sell X amount of its product.  

Truth is there is really very little if any bad equipment out there.  So saying good things about all current equipment isn’t a conflict of interest at all or misleading in anyway. 

I'll take it one step further... Ian is one of the most competent and respected fitters in the industry right now. He's been a fitter to tour pros and TXG was recently ranked as the second best fitting studio in North America by Golf.com. If there's someone who knows and understands equipment, it's Ian.

Couldn't agree more that's there is very little bad equipment out there. And to be honest I'll take Ian's opinion on equipment over other golf YouTubers who would rather bad mouth a product because it didn't work great for them rather than recognize that while it may not have been the best fit for them, it doesn't make it a bad piece of equipment for other players. And who really knows how well fit the clubs they get sent actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I'll take it one step further... Ian is one of the most competent and respected fitters in the industry right now. He's been a fitter to tour pros and TXG was recently ranked as the second best fitting studio in North America by Golf.com. If there's someone who knows and understands equipment, it's Ian.

Couldn't agree more that's there is very little bad equipment out there. And to be honest I'll take Ian's opinion on equipment over other golf YouTubers who would rather bad mouth a product because it didn't work great for them rather than recognize that while it may not have been the best fit for them, it doesn't make it a bad piece of equipment for other players. And who really knows how well fit the clubs they get sent actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Vey well put!

Definitely agree there isn't really any bad equipment anymore put out by the OEMs these days.

10 to 15 years back, there was some gimmicky stuff like square drivers and i am sure if the TXG guys were to review those square drivers, they would make a negative comment about the sound of them.

Anyone want me to include a square driver in my TSi test on a Trackman? TSi vs. Nike Sumo2 5900 lol. (If you think I am joking, i have one in the garage...)

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Definitely agree there isn't really any bad equipment anymore put out by the OEMs these days.

10 to 15 years back, there was some gimmicky stuff like square drivers and i am sure if the TXG guys were to review those square drivers, they would make a negative comment about the sound of them.

Anyone want me to include a square driver in my TSi test on a Trackman? TSi vs. Nike Sumo2 5900 lol. (If you think I am joking, i have one in the garage...)

I’m ashamed to say, I had one of those. But at least I got rid of mine 😬

Sure I’d be interested in seeing how it does on TM 

Reading more this week, the TSi2 fairway is being well received among better players. It’s always fun to see the paradigm flipped when it seemed plausible that the top players would want the 4. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

I am really pretty in love with the TSi3 driver.. It purdy.. and performs really well. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

6 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I am really pretty in love with the TSi3 driver.. It purdy.. and performs really well. 

How is it compared against your SIM?

Updated 07/15/2022
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip

10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

How is it compared against your SIM?

It really good. The shape of the TSi is awesome. Performance I am not sure if there is much difference. Or if it is literally a case of new and shiny. I do really like the feel as well of the TSi. it has that long on the face feeling that gives you the shivers. 

Driver: Callaway Paradym Triple diamond 10.5 Ventus black TR 6x

3 wood ; Callaway Paradym triple diamond 15 degree, Ventus black TR 7x

Apex UW 19 degree, Ventus black TR 8x

Utility Iron: Mizuno Pro Fli Hi 4 utility, Ventus blue HB 90X

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 5-PW, KBS $ taper 130x

Wedges: Callaway Jaws Raw 50, 54, 58, KBS $ taper 130x

Putter: Wilson Staff TM22, hand torched, KBS cutter putter shaft, Super stroke Pistol GT 1.0

I’ve had my Driver for over 3 years now and never really thought about changing it until the TS series came out, but never enough to go and try one or get fitted as was really happy with the M2. However, these new TSi drivers tempted me even more! After looking at comparison reviews of the TS & TSi models the majority don’t see a difference in performance and now I see the TS drivers are $150 cheaper - still fully custom fitted! Now I’m even more tempted by the TS as they’re the same price as a cobra which represents good value. Problem being I cannot go try one as we are in full lockdown here with all places closed for 2/3 weeks and I know the drivers will be gone by then. So do I look to match the specs of my TM M2 shaft & and head combo or don’t take the risk and pay an extra $200\$250 for a TSi when I get a chance to hit some?

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Titleist TSi3 15 / Project X RDX Smoke Black 70 6.0

Hybrid: Titleist TSi3 18 / Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Red 7 S

4 Iron: Titleist U500 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

I had a very surprising result from my fitting (in a good way). Very different than i could ever have imagined. I will post a lot more detail when i get home.

Updated 07/15/2022

I was fitted for this driver yesterday. I went with the TS3 mostly because of the head shape. The numbers for me for both models were very similar. I had a PXG ProtoX that I actually hit pretty well but I have T100S irons and wanted to try the new driver out. Keeping in mind that maybe the PXG was a bad fit I was 27 yards further with the Titleist after settling on the stock Tensi 65 S White shaft. The most interesting thing for me was that I had a slight toe hit going for the day for me and I didn't really lose ball speed, spin was pretty good too. 

I take simulators with a grain of salt and the true test is on the course. I'm hoping it translates when I finally get this driver. Just my experience with this fitting.

5 hours ago, Scottyrocket53 said:

I was fitted for this driver yesterday. I went with the TS3 mostly because of the head shape. The numbers for me for both models were very similar. I had a PXG ProtoX that I actually hit pretty well but I have T100S irons and wanted to try the new driver out. Keeping in mind that maybe the PXG was a bad fit I was 27 yards further with the Titleist after settling on the stock Tensi 65 S White shaft. The most interesting thing for me was that I had a slight toe hit going for the day for me and I didn't really lose ball speed, spin was pretty good too. 

I take simulators with a grain of salt and the true test is on the course. I'm hoping it translates when I finally get this driver. Just my experience with this fitting.

Good stuff!

The TSi will look great in the bag with those T100’s. 

Mine will be going in next to a T100s/T200 black combo! 

Love mine, picked up 5 MPH of ball speed and dropped the spin to 1900-2000RPM!

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

37 minutes ago, 19hole said:

Love mine, picked up 5 MPH of ball speed and dropped the spin to 1900-2000RPM!

awesome that's a great combination to have! 

Feel free to drop in this thread and share any thoughts and experiences with yours, it' not just for the testers anyone that is playing the new TSi can chime in.  The testers clubs are being built as we speak.

• 3 weeks later...

Had the opportunity to test this driver during a fitting day at the local golf club.  Have used Titleist drivers since the old 907 model.  Currently have the TS3 in play.  Can't say the TSi is not a quality product and maybe it rendered +/- 5 yds more distance.  I am a senior golfer with a 6-8 handicap index and carry  drives 225-230 yds.   Have always been a "feel" type player and believe if a club looks good at setup, has a good sound I'll probably be happy with it.  That being said TSi seemed to have a very "clunky" feel and dead "bop" sound...would not even consider this club for those reasons.  Knew when the first ball was hit it was a no go for me.  Probably seems a poor method of choosing a club to some of you out there but that's for us old timers who are self taught in some cases.

My Tsi3 just came in a couple days ago. I went with the 10 degree with the Tensei White RAW. I won it on a raffle page after hitting one and loving it. I’m still in a 2017 m2 as I haven’t found anything to beat it. The Tsi though, when hitting it on a monitor indoors, was impressive and it’ll be the first Titleist driver (or product) I’ve had in the bag since the 907d4. I actually just won a set of T100s Black in a raffle as well, and they’re on the way too. Haven’t played titleist irons since DCI990’s but looking forward to these too. I’ve been playing pxg gen1’s since release and love those irons so if I end up no titleist to nearly all titleist it’s gonna be a big departure for me from the brand agnostic bags I’ve been playing. 

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

2 minutes ago, RookieBlue7 said:

My Tsi3 just came in a couple days ago. I went with the 10 degree with the Tensei White RAW. I won it on a raffle page after hitting one and loving it. I’m still in a 2017 m2 as I haven’t found anything to beat it. The Tsi though, when hitting it on a monitor indoors, was impressive and it’ll be the first Titleist driver (or product) I’ve had in the bag since the 907d4. I actually just won a set of T100s Black in a raffle as well, and they’re on the way too. Haven’t played titleist irons since DCI990’s but looking forward to these too. I’ve been playing pxg gen1’s since release and love those irons so if I end up no titleist to nearly all titleist it’s gonna be a big departure for me from the brand agnostic bags I’ve been playing. 

Nice and congrats, will you buy a lottery ticket for me please 🙂

I think you're going to love those 100s Blacks.  I have them in 8-P, wish I was good enough to play them in 5-7 as well. 

The TSi2 3 wood is calling my name. I burned up plenty of bandwidth at work this week watching videos about the performance of the fairway woods. I used to be in the deep face 3 wood camp until a TXG video changed my opinion. I was also shocked to see how many tour players were quick to change over to the TSi2 vs the TSi3...especially guys like Justin Thomas who recently gamed a TS3.  

If anyone has had any chance to try out the fairway woods, post em up! 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

37 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

The TSi2 3 wood is calling my name. I burned up plenty of bandwidth at work this week watching videos about the performance of the fairway woods. I used to be in the deep face 3 wood camp until a TXG video changed my opinion. I was also shocked to see how many tour players were quick to change over to the TSi2 vs the TSi3...especially guys like Justin Thomas who recently gamed a TS3.  

If anyone has had any chance to try out the fairway woods, post em up! 

Titleist won the driver count at the Masters.  It's the first time since 2000 it has had the most drivers (29) in play.   There were 9 non contract players playing it's driver, including both Patrick Reed and Tommy Fleetwood both playing the TSi3.

As to the FW, I have a TSi2 16.5 that should be here in about 2 weeks or less.  You know I'll be posting some thoughts, all be it at a much different swing speed than yours 🙂

2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nice and congrats, will you buy a lottery ticket for me please 🙂

I think you're going to love those 100s Blacks.  I have them in 8-P, wish I was good enough to play them in 5-7 as well. 

I also won a PS5 this week. Been a good week. 

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Just now, RookieBlue7 said:

I also won a PS5 this week. Been a good week. 

I'd say so!! Congrats!

3 hours ago, RookieBlue7 said:

where are you entering these raffles? would love to know. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

4 hours ago, jb0330 said:

where are you entering these raffles? would love to know. 

Facebook invite pages. You buy spots, a number drawn via random generator and the number picked wins.

In The Bag

I was fitted in to the TSi3 myself a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting on it to arrive from build this week. I thought the sound was miles better than the TS3. Probably the best sounding and nicest feel driver I've ever hit. So definitely subjective, but hey that's why there are so many different choices on the market.

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C130:

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9 degree w/ Diamana TB Series 60 S SST Pured 

Fairway: :cobra-small:  King Radspeed 3W w/ Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue 70 S

Hybrids: :titelist-small: TSi2 21/24 degree w/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90 S

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro 4-AW w/ Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 105 S and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54.10S and 58.08M Jet Black w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Putter: :EVNROLL:  ER2 w/ Stability Tour Black Limited Edition Shaft

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X

On 11/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, Shankstone said:

Had the opportunity to test this driver during a fitting day at the local golf club.  Have used Titleist drivers since the old 907 model.  Currently have the TS3 in play.  Can't say the TSi is not a quality product and maybe it rendered +/- 5 yds more distance.  I am a senior golfer with a 6-8 handicap index and carry  drives 225-230 yds.   Have always been a "feel" type player and believe if a club looks good at setup, has a good sound I'll probably be happy with it.  That being said TSi seemed to have a very "clunky" feel and dead "bop" sound...would not even consider this club for those reasons.  Knew when the first ball was hit it was a no go for me.  Probably seems a poor method of choosing a club to some of you out there but that's for us old timers who are self taught in some cases.

Merged your thread with this one to keep all the conversation in one place as much as possible.  

Your comments on the sound seem to differ from everyone I've read including my own.  I think it's a great sounding driver.   

But as we all know sound and "feel" are very subjective and mean different things to different people.