Jump to content

Titleist Introduces New TSi 2 and TSi 3 Drivers


Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

3 hours ago, dlow206 said:

I think the TSi premium option (the GD shafts) was a smart move by Titleist. It makes it a “stock” premium option that people will readily be available to buy and i think there will be people that buy it because of the “premium” label. Its like the Taylormade TP from back in the day.

i agree.  Wonder 2 things:

1.  will quality be impacted if mass produced

2. is DG getting its butt kicked with the wave of Ventus shafts?

all in all, pretty cool to get a premium shaft...yes $200 uncharge but still not bad.

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Red 6X

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

:titelist-small: U510 3 iron Graphite Design Tour AD

:titelist-small: U500 4 iron Project X Smoke 

:titelist-small: TS100s 5-P Nippon Modus 3 

:vokey-small: SM 8 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Special Select Square Back 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Left Dash 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CARLSBAD, Calif. (Oct. 15, 2020) – Faster in the air and faster at impact, the new Titleist TSi drivers push the boundaries of speed through advanced engineering and material breakthroughs – including

I haven't been this excited about a driver in a very long time.  Hype or not, Titleist was crushing the Tour weekly bag counts with the TS series so it's clear that they are doing something correct. 

Definitely no concerns over quality. GD wouldn’t hurt their brand like that apparently the GD shafts were only about $250 upcharge in the original TS line so this seems more marketing than anythi

3 minutes ago, JScott said:

i agree.  Wonder 2 things:

1.  will quality be impacted if mass produced

2. is DG getting its butt kicked with the wave of Ventus shafts?

all in all, pretty cool to get a premium shaft...yes $200 uncharge but still not bad.

Definitely no concerns over quality. GD wouldn’t hurt their brand like that

apparently the GD shafts were only about $250 upcharge in the original TS line so this seems more marketing than anything 

 

  • Like 5

In my :mizuno-small: BR-D4 Stand Bag

:ping-small: G410 LST 9* VA Nemesys 65X
:ping-small: G410 LST 14.5* Tour AD DI 7X
:titelist-small: 818 H2 20* Tour AD DI 85X
:mizuno-small: MP20 HMB 4 Tour AD 95X
:mizuno-small: JPX 919 Tour 5-PW Oban CT 115 X(-)
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 49F - 54S - 59D
:mizuno-small: M Craft II
:bridgestone-small: Tour B X
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Definitely no concerns over quality. GD wouldn’t hurt their brand like that

apparently the GD shafts were only about $250 upcharge in the original TS line so this seems more marketing than anything 

 

agreed!  Very interested in the new TOUR AD XC (Xtra Carry)

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Red 6X

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

:titelist-small: U510 3 iron Graphite Design Tour AD

:titelist-small: U500 4 iron Project X Smoke 

:titelist-small: TS100s 5-P Nippon Modus 3 

:vokey-small: SM 8 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Special Select Square Back 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Left Dash 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoyed the TXG review and the article on MSG with the technical details. Very interesting to see how low spin that TSi3 was. I thought it was very interesting that the face has some roughness that Ian thought could be influencing the spin and launch angle to separate them some, allowing launch to go up with spin not increasing as much. Looking forward to the testing thread once it gets underway. 

  • Like 3

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

Link to post
Share on other sites

i too enjoyed the TXG video.  The difference in sound is interesting to me as well.  Can't wait to give these new drivers a try!

:titelist-small: TS2 10.5 Fujikura Ventus Red 6X

:titelist-small: TS2 16.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6

:titelist-small: U510 3 iron Graphite Design Tour AD

:titelist-small: U500 4 iron Project X Smoke 

:titelist-small: TS100s 5-P Nippon Modus 3 

:vokey-small: SM 8 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Special Select Square Back 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Left Dash 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

That HZRDUS Black RDX is yelling at me.....

  • Like 1

Follow my overall Vegan transition here

Check out my reviews

 :ping-small: G710 Irons Lacassem official review

 :taylormade-small: FlexTech is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos::

:titelist-small: TS2 9.5 - Project X HZRDUS Smoke VS Project X HZRDUS Green 

:taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green 

:adams-small: 2H VST - Super Idea S Matrix Kujoh S-Flex

:taylormade-small: 2019 P790 4-PW - Project X 6.5 LZ 

:titelist-small: 52, 56, 60 SM7 - Nippon Modus 125

:odyssey-small: O-Works 1W

:titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Bushnell Tour V3 Jolt

🇺🇸Thank you to all those that have served/are serving and God Bless America 🇺🇸

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling this driver will be good but like any other major OEM driver on the market. I've seen a few reviews and all the hype kind of seems like a nothing burger in terms of material performance gains. I'm not trying to be a negative nancy but realistic. If you want to spend $500 - $800 on a new driver, go for it, but at least get fitted and try them all out. Yes, their may be some room around the limit to make the face hotter but if the difference is only because of manufacturing tolerances, then there isn't much to gain. I know a lot of people like the TXG guys on here and I watch their videos too, but keep in mind they have a conflict of interest since they are actually selling the clubs. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been this excited about a driver in a very long time.  Hype or not, Titleist was crushing the Tour weekly bag counts with the TS series so it's clear that they are doing something correct. 

A G425 vs TSI 3 battle is looking like a fun duel this coming spring!

  • Like 5
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bens197 said:

I haven't been this excited about a driver in a very long time.  Hype or not, Titleist was crushing the Tour weekly bag counts with the TS series so it's clear that they are doing something correct. 

A G425 vs TSI 3 battle is looking like a fun duel this coming spring!

Same.  I normally skip over anything involving drivers.  And my recent stop at DSG hitting the Speed Zone, SIM and the Mavrik did not leave any lasting impressions.  But they must put some sort of subliminal messages on the sole of the Titleist clubs lately, I think I’ve read 10 articles on the TS and the TSi in the last few days... not to mention the videos... 

Very interesting the direction Titleist is taking the brand, and I think it is good for us consumers.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Shankster said:

Same.  I normally skip over anything involving drivers.  And my recent stop at DSG hitting the Speed Zone, SIM and the Mavrik did not leave any lasting impressions.  But they must put some sort of subliminal messages on the sole of the Titleist clubs lately, I think I’ve read 10 articles on the TS and the TSi in the last few days... not to mention the videos... 

Very interesting the direction Titleist is taking the brand, and I think it is good for us consumers.

Dead on same for me.
 

I’m going to date myself but I remember succinctly, Ernie Els absolutely smoking the 983K at Kapalua and breaking the sound barrier.  How was it possible that Titleist was making a driver so good while everyone seemed to be playing Taylor Made. 
 

Fast forward and here we are with a Titleist Driver line that again, looks like it’s ready to take the lions share of the market. 
 

I couldn’t agree more about where they have been and continue to go. 

  • Like 3
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites

looking forward to trying this out at the next Titleist Thursday in my town!

  • Like 2

Driver: Taylormade M4

3 Wood: Taylormade M4

Hybrid: Taylormade Gapr

Irons: Taylormade P760 KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: Vokey Jet Black 52/56/60

Putter: Taylormade Spider X

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2020 at 9:53 AM, Kansas King said:

. I know a lot of people like the TXG guys on here and I watch their videos too, but keep in mind they have a conflict of interest since they are actually selling the clubs. 

FYI. They are an unaffiliated fitter. They also fit and sell, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, PING, PXG, Srixon, Taylormade and Wilson. So please explain to me the conflict of interest. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2020 at 6:57 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

FYI. They are an unaffiliated fitter. They also fit and sell, Callaway, Cobra, Mizuno, PING, PXG, Srixon, Taylormade and Wilson. So please explain to me the conflict of 

Manufacturer affiliation doesn't matter. TXG is unlikely to bad mouth a product sitting on their racks that they are trying to sell. If you owned a golf shop, would you say anything bad on YouTube video that gets thousands of views about the product you are trying to sell? No, plain and simple. Watch their Sub 70 iron video, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to say Sub 70 irons are as good as anything else. They also have other videos where they stumble trying to explain around why certain results aren't meeting their expectations or what they might be selling. The video with them testing the 43.5" driver length comes to mind. For the record, I like those guys and enjoy watching their videos. I think there is some good information to be gleaned from their videos.

At the end of the day you just have to keep in mind what biases might be affecting a review, and that isn't particular only to golf. It doesn't make the review bad but it's important that it isn't your sole source of information. The other issue with club head and shaft reviews in general is that it's almost impossible to isolate changes in performance in each component. Truly comparing a TS2 vs TSi 2 head performance is almost impossible even if using the same shaft because the different in head weighting would affect impact in different ways dynamically. It's one reason I take most reviews (biased or unbiased) with a grain of salt. Getting fitted by a competent fitter is the only good way to make a decision regarding golf clubs.

Edited by Kansas King
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Kansas King said:

Manufacturer affiliation doesn't matter. TXG is unlikely to bad mouth a product sitting on their racks that they are trying to sell. If you owned a golf shop, would you say anything bad on YouTube video that gets thousands of views about the product you are trying to sell? No, plain and simple. Watch their Sub 70 iron video, it's like pulling teeth trying to get them to say Sub 70 irons are as good as anything else. They also have other videos where they stumble trying to explain around why certain results aren't meeting their expectations or what they might be selling. The video with them testing the 43.5" driver length comes to mind. For the record, I like those guys and enjoy watching their videos. I think there is some good information to be gleaned from their videos.

At the end of the day you just have to keep in mind what biases might be affecting a review, and that isn't particular only to golf. It doesn't make the review bad but it's important that it isn't your sole source of information. The other issue with club head and shaft reviews in general is that it's almost impossible to isolate changes in performance in each component. Truly comparing a TS2 vs TSi 2 head performance is almost impossible even if using the same shaft because the different in head weighting would affect impact in different ways dynamically. It's one reason I take most reviews (biased or unbiased) with a grain of salt. Getting fitted by a competent fitter is the only good way to make a decision regarding golf clubs.

Well. To your last statement Ian is a competent  fitter.  Full disclosure, I know as i went through a full fitting with him.

And what you mentioned above about not saying anything bad about any iron.  Thats not the definition of conflict of interest.  That would be if Titleist or Mizuno was giving him a full staff deal to sell X amount of its product.  
 

Truth is there is really very little if any bad equipment out there.  So saying good things about all current equipment isn’t a conflict of interest at all or misleading in anyway. 
 

  • Like 4

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Well. To your last statement Ian is a competent  fitter.  Full disclosure, I know as i went through a full fitting with him.
And what you mentioned above Mentioned above about not saying anything bad about any iron.  Thats not the definition of conflict of interest.  That would be if Titleist or Mizuno was giving him a full staff deal to sell X amount of its product.  
 
Truth is there is really very little if any bad equipment out there.  So saying good things about all current equipment isn’t a conflict of interest at all or misleading in anyway. 
 
I'll take it one step further... Ian is one of the most competent and respected fitters in the industry right now. He's been a fitter to tour pros and TXG was recently ranked as the second best fitting studio in North America by Golf.com. If there's someone who knows and understands equipment, it's Ian.

Couldn't agree more that's there is very little bad equipment out there. And to be honest I'll take Ian's opinion on equipment over other golf YouTubers who would rather bad mouth a product because it didn't work great for them rather than recognize that while it may not have been the best fit for them, it doesn't make it a bad piece of equipment for other players. And who really knows how well fit the clubs they get sent actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrogginBullfish said:

I'll take it one step further... Ian is one of the most competent and respected fitters in the industry right now. He's been a fitter to tour pros and TXG was recently ranked as the second best fitting studio in North America by Golf.com. If there's someone who knows and understands equipment, it's Ian.

Couldn't agree more that's there is very little bad equipment out there. And to be honest I'll take Ian's opinion on equipment over other golf YouTubers who would rather bad mouth a product because it didn't work great for them rather than recognize that while it may not have been the best fit for them, it doesn't make it a bad piece of equipment for other players. And who really knows how well fit the clubs they get sent actually are.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app
 

Vey well put!

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely agree there isn't really any bad equipment anymore put out by the OEMs these days.

10 to 15 years back, there was some gimmicky stuff like square drivers and i am sure if the TXG guys were to review those square drivers, they would make a negative comment about the sound of them.

Anyone want me to include a square driver in my TSi test on a Trackman? TSi vs. Nike Sumo2 5900 lol. (If you think I am joking, i have one in the garage...)

  • Like 3

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 10/6/2020
Driver:taylormade-small:SIM Max 10.5 - Fujikura Ventus Red 5S Velocore (the real one)
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:callaway-small:Mavrik Max 5 - AW - Nippon Neo 950GH S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge flex
Putter:  LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1

Current Putter Collection: LAB Golf DIrected Force 1, :cleveland-small: HB Soft Premier #11, :cameron-small: La Costa 1st 500, :scotty-small: Squareback 1 (2008)
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dlow206 said:

Definitely agree there isn't really any bad equipment anymore put out by the OEMs these days.

10 to 15 years back, there was some gimmicky stuff like square drivers and i am sure if the TXG guys were to review those square drivers, they would make a negative comment about the sound of them.

Anyone want me to include a square driver in my TSi test on a Trackman? TSi vs. Nike Sumo2 5900 lol. (If you think I am joking, i have one in the garage...)

I’m ashamed to say, I had one of those. But at least I got rid of mine 😬

Sure I’d be interested in seeing how it does on TM 

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TS1 Fubuki 45g R Flex

:ping-small:  G410 FW 5, 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:scotty-small:  Phantom 5.5   35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reading more this week, the TSi2 fairway is being well received among better players. It’s always fun to see the paradigm flipped when it seemed plausible that the top players would want the 4. 

  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

 

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...