Jump to content

Titleist Introduces New TSi 2 and TSi 3 Drivers


Recommended Posts

I am really pretty in love with the TSi3 driver.. It purdy.. and performs really well. 

  • Like 3

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CARLSBAD, Calif. (Oct. 15, 2020) – Faster in the air and faster at impact, the new Titleist TSi drivers push the boundaries of speed through advanced engineering and material breakthroughs – including

Definitely no concerns over quality. GD wouldn’t hurt their brand like that apparently the GD shafts were only about $250 upcharge in the original TS line so this seems more marketing than anythi

I haven't been this excited about a driver in a very long time.  Hype or not, Titleist was crushing the Tour weekly bag counts with the TS series so it's clear that they are doing something correct. 

6 minutes ago, Quigleyd said:

I am really pretty in love with the TSi3 driver.. It purdy.. and performs really well. 

How is it compared against your SIM?

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

How is it compared against your SIM?

It really good. The shape of the TSi is awesome. Performance I am not sure if there is much difference. Or if it is literally a case of new and shiny. I do really like the feel as well of the TSi. it has that long on the face feeling that gives you the shivers. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Driver: SIM 9 Motore X F1 7X tipped 1 inch

Utility Iron: Cobra King Utility irons 18 degree Aldila rogue 90 X

Irons: Cobra King forged CB 4-PW KBS $ Taper 130 X

Wedges: Cleveland 49,52.58.64

Putter: Kronos Release.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had my Driver for over 3 years now and never really thought about changing it until the TS series came out, but never enough to go and try one or get fitted as was really happy with the M2. However, these new TSi drivers tempted me even more! After looking at comparison reviews of the TS & TSi models the majority don’t see a difference in performance and now I see the TS drivers are $150 cheaper - still fully custom fitted! Now I’m even more tempted by the TS as they’re the same price as a cobra which represents good value. Problem being I cannot go try one as we are in full lockdown here with all places closed for 2/3 weeks and I know the drivers will be gone by then. So do I look to match the specs of my TM M2 shaft & and head combo or don’t take the risk and pay an extra $200\$250 for a TSi when I get a chance to hit some?

  • Like 1

Driver: Titleist TSi2 10 / Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 S

3 Wood: Taylormade SIM2 Ti 15.0 / Fujikura Ventus Blue (velocore) 70 S

5 Wood: Mizuno ST-Z 18.0 / Fujikura Motore X F3 70 S

4 Iron: Titleist U510 / Graphite Design Tour AD DI 85 S

5 - 9 Irons: Mizuno 921 Tour / Nippon Modus 3 120 S

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 46F, 50F, 54S & 58M / Nippon Modus Wedge 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport Select (2016) / BGT Stability Tour

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a very surprising result from my fitting (in a good way). Very different than i could ever have imagined. I will post a lot more detail when i get home.

  • Like 1

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Current tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 4/27/2021
Driver:titelist-small: TSi 2 - Graphite Design AD-XC 6S
Hybrids:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3H, 4H - Matrix Ozik 85S
Irons:srixon-small: ZX5 5 - PW - Accra 95 icwt S
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX 2 54, CBX Full Face 58 - Nippon Modus 105 Wedge
Putter:  :odyssey-small: Two Ball Ten S Tour Lines - 31"
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fitted for this driver yesterday. I went with the TS3 mostly because of the head shape. The numbers for me for both models were very similar. I had a PXG ProtoX that I actually hit pretty well but I have T100S irons and wanted to try the new driver out. Keeping in mind that maybe the PXG was a bad fit I was 27 yards further with the Titleist after settling on the stock Tensi 65 S White shaft. The most interesting thing for me was that I had a slight toe hit going for the day for me and I didn't really lose ball speed, spin was pretty good too. 

I take simulators with a grain of salt and the true test is on the course. I'm hoping it translates when I finally get this driver. Just my experience with this fitting.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Scottyrocket53 said:

I was fitted for this driver yesterday. I went with the TS3 mostly because of the head shape. The numbers for me for both models were very similar. I had a PXG ProtoX that I actually hit pretty well but I have T100S irons and wanted to try the new driver out. Keeping in mind that maybe the PXG was a bad fit I was 27 yards further with the Titleist after settling on the stock Tensi 65 S White shaft. The most interesting thing for me was that I had a slight toe hit going for the day for me and I didn't really lose ball speed, spin was pretty good too. 

I take simulators with a grain of salt and the true test is on the course. I'm hoping it translates when I finally get this driver. Just my experience with this fitting.

 

Good stuff!

The TSi will look great in the bag with those T100’s. 
 

Mine will be going in next to a T100s/T200 black combo! 

  • Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Love mine, picked up 5 MPH of ball speed and dropped the spin to 1900-2000RPM!

:titelist-small: TSi2 9.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3 15 / 18.0 GD DI-6X

:titelist-small: TSi3H 20° (set for 22)

:titelist-small: CNCPT 5i-48°

:vokey-small: SM8 52° / 58°

:cameron-small: Fastback 1.0 Circle T

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, 19hole said:

Love mine, picked up 5 MPH of ball speed and dropped the spin to 1900-2000RPM!

awesome that's a great combination to have! 

Feel free to drop in this thread and share any thoughts and experiences with yours, it' not just for the testers anyone that is playing the new TSi can chime in.  The testers clubs are being built as we speak.

 

 

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Had the opportunity to test this driver during a fitting day at the local golf club.  Have used Titleist drivers since the old 907 model.  Currently have the TS3 in play.  Can't say the TSi is not a quality product and maybe it rendered +/- 5 yds more distance.  I am a senior golfer with a 6-8 handicap index and carry  drives 225-230 yds.   Have always been a "feel" type player and believe if a club looks good at setup, has a good sound I'll probably be happy with it.  That being said TSi seemed to have a very "clunky" feel and dead "bop" sound...would not even consider this club for those reasons.  Knew when the first ball was hit it was a no go for me.  Probably seems a poor method of choosing a club to some of you out there but that's for us old timers who are self taught in some cases.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

My Tsi3 just came in a couple days ago. I went with the 10 degree with the Tensei White RAW. I won it on a raffle page after hitting one and loving it. I’m still in a 2017 m2 as I haven’t found anything to beat it. The Tsi though, when hitting it on a monitor indoors, was impressive and it’ll be the first Titleist driver (or product) I’ve had in the bag since the 907d4. I actually just won a set of T100s Black in a raffle as well, and they’re on the way too. Haven’t played titleist irons since DCI990’s but looking forward to these too. I’ve been playing pxg gen1’s since release and love those irons so if I end up no titleist to nearly all titleist it’s gonna be a big departure for me from the brand agnostic bags I’ve been playing. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RookieBlue7 said:

My Tsi3 just came in a couple days ago. I went with the 10 degree with the Tensei White RAW. I won it on a raffle page after hitting one and loving it. I’m still in a 2017 m2 as I haven’t found anything to beat it. The Tsi though, when hitting it on a monitor indoors, was impressive and it’ll be the first Titleist driver (or product) I’ve had in the bag since the 907d4. I actually just won a set of T100s Black in a raffle as well, and they’re on the way too. Haven’t played titleist irons since DCI990’s but looking forward to these too. I’ve been playing pxg gen1’s since release and love those irons so if I end up no titleist to nearly all titleist it’s gonna be a big departure for me from the brand agnostic bags I’ve been playing. 

Nice and congrats, will you buy a lottery ticket for me please 🙂

I think you're going to love those 100s Blacks.  I have them in 8-P, wish I was good enough to play them in 5-7 as well. 

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The TSi2 3 wood is calling my name. I burned up plenty of bandwidth at work this week watching videos about the performance of the fairway woods. I used to be in the deep face 3 wood camp until a TXG video changed my opinion. I was also shocked to see how many tour players were quick to change over to the TSi2 vs the TSi3...especially guys like Justin Thomas who recently gamed a TS3.  

If anyone has had any chance to try out the fairway woods, post em up! 

  • Like 1
  • :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* w/ VA Composites Nemesys 65 X tipped 1/2" 
  • :ping-small: G425 LST 3W 14.5* w/ Ping Tour 75X
  • :srixon-small: ZX Utility 18* w/ Project X 6.5
  • :callaway-small: X Forged 21* w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold S400
  • :taylormade-small: 2020 P770 5-PW w/ Tour Issue Dynamic Gold X100
  • :ping-small: Glide 3.0 54* & 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S400
  • :ping-small: Sigma 2 Arna - 35.25"...coming soon: Evnroll ER5B
  •  Pro V1x Left Dash
  • I'm left-handed so I don't go broke buying all new clubs every week. 
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, txgolfjunkie said:

The TSi2 3 wood is calling my name. I burned up plenty of bandwidth at work this week watching videos about the performance of the fairway woods. I used to be in the deep face 3 wood camp until a TXG video changed my opinion. I was also shocked to see how many tour players were quick to change over to the TSi2 vs the TSi3...especially guys like Justin Thomas who recently gamed a TS3.  

If anyone has had any chance to try out the fairway woods, post em up! 

Titleist won the driver count at the Masters.  It's the first time since 2000 it has had the most drivers (29) in play.   There were 9 non contract players playing it's driver, including both Patrick Reed and Tommy Fleetwood both playing the TSi3.

As to the FW, I have a TSi2 16.5 that should be here in about 2 weeks or less.  You know I'll be posting some thoughts, all be it at a much different swing speed than yours 🙂

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Nice and congrats, will you buy a lottery ticket for me please 🙂

I think you're going to love those 100s Blacks.  I have them in 8-P, wish I was good enough to play them in 5-7 as well. 

I also won a PS5 this week. Been a good week. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RookieBlue7 said:

I also won a PS5 this week. Been a good week. 

I'd say so!! Congrats!

  • Like 1

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RookieBlue7 said:

My Tsi3 just came in a couple days ago. I went with the 10 degree with the Tensei White RAW. I won it on a raffle page after hitting one and loving it. I’m still in a 2017 m2 as I haven’t found anything to beat it. The Tsi though, when hitting it on a monitor indoors, was impressive and it’ll be the first Titleist driver (or product) I’ve had in the bag since the 907d4. I actually just won a set of T100s Black in a raffle as well, and they’re on the way too. Haven’t played titleist irons since DCI990’s but looking forward to these too. I’ve been playing pxg gen1’s since release and love those irons so if I end up no titleist to nearly all titleist it’s gonna be a big departure for me from the brand agnostic bags I’ve been playing. 

where are you entering these raffles? would love to know. 

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jb0330 said:

where are you entering these raffles? would love to know. 

Facebook invite pages. You buy spots, a number drawn via random generator and the number picked wins.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was fitted in to the TSi3 myself a couple of weeks ago. Just waiting on it to arrive from build this week. I thought the sound was miles better than the TS3. Probably the best sounding and nicest feel driver I've ever hit. So definitely subjective, but hey that's why there are so many different choices on the market.

What's in my :1590477705_SunMountain: C130:

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 9 degree w/ Diamana TB Series 60 S SST Pured 

Fairway: :taylormade-small: M6 15 degree w/ Fujikura Atmos Orange 6 S

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M6 19 degree w/ Fujikura Atmos Orange S

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro 4-AW w/ Nippon N.S.Pro Modus3 105 S and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54.10S and 58.08M Jet Black w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200 and custom BB & F Co. Ferrules SST Pured

Putter: :taylormade-small: MySpider X 32" custom / :EVNROLL: ER2 w/ Stability Tour Black Limited Edition Shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

All clubs powered by :Arccos: sensors

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2020 at 2:52 PM, Shankstone said:

Had the opportunity to test this driver during a fitting day at the local golf club.  Have used Titleist drivers since the old 907 model.  Currently have the TS3 in play.  Can't say the TSi is not a quality product and maybe it rendered +/- 5 yds more distance.  I am a senior golfer with a 6-8 handicap index and carry  drives 225-230 yds.   Have always been a "feel" type player and believe if a club looks good at setup, has a good sound I'll probably be happy with it.  That being said TSi seemed to have a very "clunky" feel and dead "bop" sound...would not even consider this club for those reasons.  Knew when the first ball was hit it was a no go for me.  Probably seems a poor method of choosing a club to some of you out there but that's for us old timers who are self taught in some cases.

Merged your thread with this one to keep all the conversation in one place as much as possible.  

Your comments on the sound seem to differ from everyone I've read including my own.  I think it's a great sounding driver.   

But as we all know sound and "feel" are very subjective and mean different things to different people. 

 

:titelist-small: TSi2 Kuro Kage 50g R Flex

:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:ping-small:  G410 FW 7 Alta CB R flex 

:ping-small: G410 Hybrid 26 degree Alta CB R Flex

:titelist-small: T100S/T200 Combo 5-7 T100S 8-P T200 TT Black Oynx R Flex

:titelist-small: SM7 54.08 F 58.12 K 

:ping-small: Heppler Tomcast 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...