TESTERS WANTED! ×

Can anyone help?

Hi, people.

I recently bought a set of Yonex V-mass Tour irons, having got on well with them quite a few sets ago. Disappointingly, the shafts - Dynamic Gold r300s - felt a bit flimsy for what are fairly weighty heads. Rather than offload a set of irons I like in every other way, I've decided to reshaft them. The problem is, nowhere on the internet can I find the required tip size. I've made several attempts to extract the information from Yonex themselves but their customer service department is very much in the same mould as TaylorMade's and Titleist's in that they haven't bothered to reply. I've also had a look at Golf Works' shaft replacement guide but it doesn't cover Yonex. It's a long shot, I know, but I'm hoping someone in the MGS community will have the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time.

John

Edited by JohnnyScotland
confusing statement
30 minutes ago, JohnnyScotland said:

Hi, people.

I recently bought a set of Yonex V-mass Tour irons, having got on well with them quite a few sets ago. Disappointingly, the shafts - Dynamic Gold r300s - felt a bit flimsy for what are fairly weighty heads. Rather than offload a set of irons I like in every other way, I've decided to reshaft them. The problem is, nowhere on the internet can I find the required tip size. I've made several attempts to extract the information from Yonex themselves but their customer service department is very much in the same mould as TaylorMade's and Titleist's in that they haven't bothered to reply. I've also had a look at Golf Works' shaft replacement guide but it doesn't cover Yonex. It's a long shot, I know, but I'm hoping someone in the MGS community will have the answer I'm looking for.

Thanks for your time.

John

Are your old shafts tapered or parallel?

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

3 minutes ago, JohnnyScotland said:

Hi. Thanks for the reply.

They're tapered. My gut feeling is they're 0.355 but I don't want to spring for a set and find out I'm wrong.

Dynamic Gold website has .355 listed for tapered shafts.  If you have access to a caliper you could measure then. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

On 10/15/2020 at 11:16 PM, JohnnyScotland said:

.355 seems to be a popular fit with Japanese clubmakers so that could be right. Good call on the caliper - A friend of mine is a pipefitter. I think he might use them in his work.

Thanks for your help. 

John

You can pick up digital calipers quite cheaply, they are plenty good enough for what you need.  And they are a handy gadget to have around anyway.

On 10/15/2020 at 2:27 PM, JohnnyScotland said:

Hi, people.

Thanks for your time.

John

Golfworks will tell you if you ask them. Just provide the head model. Hideki golf also has a help line you can call. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

4 hours ago, Pandaman said:

You can pick up digital calipers quite cheaply, they are plenty good enough for what you need.  And they are a handy gadget to have around anyway.

Yes, digital calipers are cheap, just get one on Amazon. I bought one and I find I am using them all the time to measure things.

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4