Testers Wanted: RUNNER Golf and Byrdie Golf Design ×

Anyone tried the Lagshot?

https://lagshotgolf.com/

a seven iron with a super whipy shaft to help ingrain tempo and lag...  Anyone with anything to report?

I use a TourStrike 7 iron to make sure I hit down on the ball, Im wondering if this would be a good compliment. 

Walking ahead of my BagBoy QuadXL w Alphard eWheels
Driver: Callaway Mavrik SubZero 9* Neutral w stock Evenflow Riptide R flex shaft
3W  Titelist TS2 15* Draw w Tensei Blue R flex
3H, 4H Cobra One Length F9 Speedback hybrids (1”short) w Fujikura Atmos R flex shaft
5I-GW Cobra Forged TEC Black One Length (1”short, 2* flat) KBS 90 R flex shafts
56, 60 Cobra King MIM One Length Black (1” short) KBS HiRev2.0 125 S flex shafts
ER7  or Scotty Futura X - 35”

OnCore Elixr (lemon or lime)

I have one called a g force: but it’s the same thing. If you have tempo issues this could help, but if you’re a 10 handicap or below I wouldn’t bother...

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver - Cobra LtDxLS

3 Wood - Ping g410 LST

2iron - Titleist U505

Irons - Ping i59

Wedges - Vokey Sm9

Putter - Mizuno Mcraft IV

3 hours ago, WaffleHouseTour said:

Anyone tried the Lagshot?

https://lagshotgolf.com/

a seven iron with a super whipy shaft to help ingrain tempo and lag...  Anyone with anything to report?

I use a TourStrike 7 iron to make sure I hit down on the ball, Im wondering if this would be a good compliment. 

I have swung one. Unless you are a high handicapper.....this is not the training aid for you. A much better training aid IMO would be either the planemate or the Drive 300 yard impact training aid from Monte Scheinblum. 

:ping-small: G 400 driver with Aldila DVS 55-SR shaft (FAIRWAY FINDING MONSTER)

:taylormade-small: Aero Burner 16 degree mini driver regular flex

:callaway-logo-1: Rogue Heavenwood regular flex 

:Hogan: Icon/PTX Pro Combo Set.  VKTR hybrid.

:Hogan: Equalizer Wedges 50, 54, 58 degrees

:callaway-small:Odyssey Two Ball Triple Track Putter, 32 inches  

LAB Golf Directed Force 2.1 putter, 32 inches, 70 degree lie angle

Right Handed. 

• 2 months later...

I use lag shot in my warm up, to help get the feel and tempo started. I tend to get fast and don’t set the club, which had me coming over the top. I’ve had it for a couple weeks, and I have noticed better ball striking. I’m a feel guy and this helps me get that feeling. 

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

• 2 months later...

A write-up on the LagShot on the blog today: https://mygolfspy.com/we-tried-it-lagshot-swing-trainer/

It looks like @GolfSpy Dave is impressed. Do I need another training aid? 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

1 hour ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

A write-up on the LagShot on the blog today: https://mygolfspy.com/we-tried-it-lagshot-swing-trainer/

Have the same question myself!

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

On 3/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, GolfSpy MPR said:

Definitely! Like he says, you’ll hit some weird shots. But once you get the tempo and feel right you will be set. I had to move to the end of the range lol

:taylormade-small: STEALTH 2+ 10.5* FUJIKURA VENTUS TR BLACK 6X

:srixon-small: ZX MKII 3W 15* Project X HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX U.S.A. 8TX

:taylormade-small: Stealth+ 19 Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 1K 85TX

:srixon-small: ZX7 4-PW KBS $Taper 130 BLACK PVD

:cleveland-small: RTX 6 Zipcore 50/54.10 Full Project X 6.0

:ping-small: GLIDE 4.0 60.10S DYNAMIC GOLD TOUR ISSUE S400

:EVNROLL: ER2v MIDLOCK 40”

:maxfli: TOUR X

:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9 with Slope 

:SuperSpeed:

I'll stick with the orange whip. Pretty much the same idea but you just can't actually hit a ball with the OW.  Many years ago when I was helping my wife with her swing I grabbed her driver. And with a smooth tempo it went to the back of the range. That was a very whippy shaft for me then. The harder I swung the worse the results. Good lag and smooth tempo created great shots. Which is exactly what the LagShot is trying to get you to do.

Option, go find an old graphite women's driver from a bargain barn, play it again sports or something like that and save some bucks. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

• 1 month later...

I picked up the driver, 7 iron, and wedge when they went on sale a week or so ago. Haven’t been able to take them on the range yet but I’ve hit some whiffle balls with them and it appears as though my tempo wasn’t that bad to start with (at least on full swing practice shots). Half swing wedge shots didn’t go as well.  Looking forward to trying the driver out. 
I am impressed with the build quality of the clubs but the grips aren’t anything to get excited about. 
As a side note, I have been doing a bit of training with the planemate striker and I do think that a combination of the 2 tools will help people who have a bad swing/contact issues/tempo. 
Will report back later once I’ve been able to get on the range. 

Driver: Titleist TSr 2 @ 10.5º (Fujikura Ventus Red Velocore TR Stiff)

4 Wood: Titleist TSr 2 @ 14.5º

Driving Iron: Ping iCrossover 17º (Project X HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX 80 Stiff)

Irons: Taylormade Stealth 4-P (Fujikura Ventus Blue Graphite 7 Stiff)

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 6 Zipcore 48º, 52º, 56º (TT Dynamic Gold Tour Issue)

Putter: Taylormade GT Max

Ball: Titleist ProV1X, MaxFli Tour X 2023, MaxFli Tour 2023

Tested: Tommy Armour Impact No. 3 (LINK)

Tested: Titleist Prototype Balls (LINK)

Tested: Stitch Golf SL2 Golf Bag (LINK)

Unofficially Tested: Odyssey One Black (LINK)

Shot Tracking App: Golf Pad GPS

I picked one up this week based on a write up on MGS this week.  I've seen the orange whip a lot lately and thought it might be very helpful for tempo so the idea of something with the same principal that I'm able to hit balls with really intrigued me. And sub $100 made it worth pulling the trigger.

I'm disappointed that I received no info about how to access the training videos.  I don't know that I need to training as I have a coach but I do want to know the preferred way to use the thing.  I emailed lagshot, got a quick auto reply but have yet to get an answer to my question.  The website is just a shill for their products.  

Since the add said you'll be hitting better shots in just 12 swings I warmed up, hit a series of balls with my 7 iron and then hit 12 with the lagshot - yes, you will want to be on the far side of the range when you first start with this.  But it took only a couple of swings and I was hitting reasonable shots.  My goal for the day was to hit 5 shots and record them, then the 12 practice ones and then 5 more.  Unfortunately I'm at a resort to perform a wedding this evening and the balls were restricted flight ones.  I will give it a try the next time that I hit the range at my club on Friday and report back.  From my perspective I did not improve with the second set of 7 irons.  I was hitting the ball fairly well to start and then was hitting it well again after.  I'm playing tomorrow afternoon after church back up in St. Pete.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Interesting that your purchase didn’t come with any training info. I got both an email with a link as well as a flyer with a QR code to the videos. They even have an app.

https://lagshotgolf.com/7-iron-training

I definitely don’t buy into ANY 12 shot regimen making you a better golfer. I do see the benefit of the product though. Good things come with time and repetition.

Spent a little time on the range before a round and I do feel like they help with the swing in general. I do not believe that they actually help increase distance (at least not yet) but I can say that there are few rounds I’ve had where I hit the driver more consistently straight than this. I think that I will actually leave the clubs in my bag and take a few practice swings throughout the round to help reinforce the motion/feeling. 

One thing that bothers me is that this LS driver is shorter than my Mavrik (stock length) so it was causing some alignment issues while on the range. Going back and forth between different length drivers is not as easy as I would have thought. 

I will definitely keep using these in the future. Sometimes I felt like I was hitting the LS 7 iron better than my own 7 iron. 

On 5/2/2021 at 12:14 AM, PeterHenric said:

Interesting that your purchase didn’t come with any training info. I got both an email with a link as well as a flyer with a QR code to the videos. They even have an app.

https://lagshotgolf.com/7-iron-training

I definitely don’t buy into ANY 12 shot regimen making you a better golfer. I do see the benefit of the product though. Good things come with time and repetition.

Yes I did think that was strange - regardless I now have the link, have watched the first two videos and had it one the range yesterday. They guy hitting balls next to me is a mini tour player and he cracked up when I took the thing out of my bag and told him to watch out.  

This time I started slow and focused on feeling the clubhead throughout the swing - I hit 10 or so shots off a low tee and then half a dozen off the turf before moving back to my own 7 iron.

i certainly felt as if my ball striking and consistency were better post lag shot than pre. That’s what I’m looking for with this, nice consistent load and tempo that maximizes what I have.

I only have the 7 iron. Really don’t see the need for the driver. I’m curious about the wedge though. 

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've got the G-Force version of this training aid. Same concept, but I believe the G-force 7-iron is a bit heavier than a standard 7 to boot. The G-force does come with links to a series of video discussions and lessons with the developer to walk you through all the intended advantages of the training aid.

I like to use it along with my Down Under Board trainer. When I start with a few G-force 1/2 swings, followed by 3/4, and working up to full. Once I hit 3 or 4 shots down the intended line, I switch to my regular club. I can definitely feel better rhythm and tempo with the gamer, and I see much more consistent powerful strikes. 

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

• 7 months later...

Picked one of these, lag shot, up this winter. 11 hcp. I like it thus far. Living in MN during the winter makes it hard to stay on a good swing, even with a mat and net inside. Aside from Tempo and “lag” it seems to help make other swing flaws easier to identify when “something is off”.

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

After a club fitting, i was paired with +1 irons.  Does anyone know if an extension can be added to the Lag Shot or G Force?  

:titelist-small: TSi2 10
:titelist-small: TSi2 FW 15
:titelist-small: TSi2 H 18, 24
:titelist-small: T300 6-PW
:taylormade-small: MG3 50, 56, 60
:odyssey-small: OG 1
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact (brilliant red since the eyes aren't what they used to be)

3 hours ago, rsmallenberg said:

After a club fitting, i was paired with +1 irons.  Does anyone know if an extension can be added to the Lag Shot or G Force?  

Just think about it like a low launching PW??? 🤣 I would think it would still work? +1 are you 6’9”?

Edited by Tyler86

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

3 hours ago, rsmallenberg said:

Have you called and asked their customer service number?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

14 hours ago, Tyler86 said:

Just think about it like a low launching PW??? 🤣 I would think it would still work? +1 are you 6’9”?

Naw.  6'2 with short arms.  LOL.  By a standard chart, I think I came up +1/2" but I was hitting better with +1. 

:titelist-small: TSi2 10
:titelist-small: TSi2 FW 15
:titelist-small: TSi2 H 18, 24
:titelist-small: T300 6-PW
:taylormade-small: MG3 50, 56, 60
:odyssey-small: OG 1
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact (brilliant red since the eyes aren't what they used to be)

7 hours ago, rsmallenberg said:

Naw.  6'2 with short arms.  LOL.  By a standard chart, I think I came up +1/2" but I was hitting better with +1. 

You could try sending an email and see if they could make you a longer one. Or see if the QA addresses it. Never hurts to ask.

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2022 at 8:46 AM, rsmallenberg said:

In case you have not seen it,  Lagshot has a XL version of the 7 iron, which is 1" longer.

• 1 month later...

I picked up a Ripcoil RP6 for $19.99 on Amazon back in February.  I have not even swung more than 20 times.  You can hit with it, but they caution not to swing full power.  They also say 70% of practice should be spent just swinging it.  It's very flexible and lots of lag.  I found a training video here.

Driver: :cobra-small: Cobra RADSpeed XB 10.5° Motore X F3

Fairway: :cobra-small: Cobra 3/F Baffler Rail F 15.5°

Hybrid: :cobra-small: Cobra RAD Speed 24° 5 Hybrid

Irons: :cobra-small: Cobra Aero Jet 5 - PW, GW

Wedges: :vokey-small: Spin Milled 56°, 60°

Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Stroke Lab OG #7

Bag: 1622150773421.jpg.867df9e5987ee9b79cc36f4c70090b01.jpg Big Max 14.0 Hybrid

Ball: :titleist-small: Titleist Velocity

Shoes: :footjoy-small: FJ Flex