Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Chisag's WITB (today)

... OK, I made several changes at the top of my bag. 10.5* Taylor Made SIM Max, 17* Callaway Super Hybrid and 19* Taylor Made DHy. Still playing my T100-S but changed shafts from Kuro Kage Tini 105 s-flex to Steelfiber 95 r-flex. I have a wedge fitting next week but do not expect any changes (he recklessly proclaimed before changing wedges 🤪) and I am still using my Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5:

680330160_WITB4.jpg.0ff3c74945349e04bdfc3cf2fdb4b8c3.jpg
630014535_WITB3.jpg.ad36dc253d0eb6964aa67acc41e71f0e.jpg 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

40 minutes ago, chisag said:

... OK, I made several changes at the top of my bag. 10.5* Taylor Made SIM Max, 17* Callaway Super Hybrid and 19* Taylor Made DHy. Still playing my T100-S but changed shafts from Kuro Kage Tini 105 s-flex to Steelfiber 95 r-flex. I have a wedge fitting next week but do not expect any changes (he recklessly proclaimed before changing wedges 🤪) and I am still using my Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5:

680330160_WITB4.jpg.0ff3c74945349e04bdfc3cf2fdb4b8c3.jpg
630014535_WITB3.jpg.ad36dc253d0eb6964aa67acc41e71f0e.jpg 

No Cobra in the top spot!?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

7 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

No Cobra in the top spot!?

... Crazy huh? After years of Cobra drivers in my bag, the fitting revealed the Sim Max was a better fit. But I am hanging on to my Cobra Xtreme just in case...

3 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Crazy huh? After years of Cobra drivers in my bag, the fitting revealed the Sim Max was a better fit. But I am hanging on to my Cobra Xtreme just in case...

I am surprised.  What shaft did you end up going with in the Sim?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

3 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I am surprised.  What shaft did you end up going with in the Sim?

... You and me both. I am playing a Diamana Limited 55 R Flex in it and so far the results are pretty amazing. Only one round and that was with 45 mph winds so I need to play in some more normal conditions to see if the combo is as good as I think it is. I do not hit the ball 300 yds and hit a 330 yd drive witht hat 45 mph wind at my back but what really shocked me was the very tight dispersion with an r flex driver shaft, something I have never used until my fitting. That combo is what worked best so I bought it. 

just a curious question on your iron shafts..................

Originally you had the 105's installed soft stepped, and now with the 95's in R flex, besides the weight difference is there any difference in launch and spin between the 2 models?

Reason I am asking, is I was between going into Project X 5.5 soft stepped or go to 5.0 and not have to worry about them being too stiff or difficult to load for a few years yet. Bye the way, close to the same age. I chose the 5.0 so I wouldn't need to make any changes for a couple seasons, or so I hope.

Driver & Fairway: :titleist-small: Titleist TSR3 10 degree - :Fuji: Ventus TR Blue & :titleist-small: TSR3 15 - :projectx: Project X Hzrdus Smoke Black 

Hybrid: :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW 19 - :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke Black

Irons: :titleist-small: Titleist T200 3G (4) & T150 - (5-G) - :projectx: Project X LZ 

Wedges: :vokey-small: Vokey SM8 54, and 58

Putter: :cameron-small: Cameron Phantom X 7

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 & :maxfli: Maxfli Tour

Nice set up, I agree with keeping the SZ Extreme around it's been a good performer for me, you just in case right.

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 minutes ago, rkj427 said:

just a curious question on your iron shafts..................

Originally you had the 105's installed soft stepped, and now with the 95's in R flex, besides the weight difference is there any difference in launch and spin between the 2 models?

Reason I am asking, is I was between going into Project X 5.5 soft stepped or go to 5.0 and not have to worry about them being too stiff or difficult to load for a few years yet. Bye the way, close to the same age. I chose the 5.0 so I wouldn't need to make any changes for a couple seasons, or so I hope.

... I have a back that causes me to get a little stiff sometimes. When I do, I can't really release my arms because my whole body wants to turn back and through reducing any torque to protect itself. So when swinging well, the 105's soft stepped once were excellent. I thought it was unfortunate but now I realize I probably had a better fitting with a stiff back than if I had my "normal" swing. The R Flex shafts were just easier to load and unload and without having to really go after the shot, I still had good results. The concern was when I started swinging well, would the r flex shafts be too soft and my dispersion suffer. So far it has turned out the only difference is the ball goes a little higher and a little farther with r flex shafts. Again I was playing in 35-45 mph winds but hit a 330 yd drive in the middle of the fairway and had one of my best driving day for accuracy. But back to the irons, they are working great and one of the added benefits is knock downs are easier to hit well with a softer shaft. We are not getting younger so moving to an r flex seems like a good idea and so far the results bare that out. Keep in mind I have a smooth swing and a gentle transition with a pause at the top so I am far from a hitter or aggressive swinger and have always been able to hit softer shafts better than stiffer shafts. I hope that helps. 

Just a nice looking player's bag.  Love it!

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Amazing when you mentioned it. The exact same thing was happening to me back wise. It is amazing how subconciously your body protects itself. I put my brain to thinking and went back in my archives and found my set of Infiniti TS-10 irons. I did a lot of experimental work on those when I was helping the development on those irons. The last test was with FST 90 shafts and back then I hooked the snot out of them. The program ended and I went back to blade Macs and you know the story on all of that. The Infinities were stored in the bag over at my building across the road forgotten. Our friend Big Arch over on WRX mentioned those shafts and he is big on them. Got me to thinking. Went over and rescued them. Did something I do not normally do with my stuff did the SW and overall weight on them and found out they were lighter than my graphite shafted KZGs. Started back playing them and found them light enough to let me get through the ball with no back reflex action and absolutely no back pain after practicing or playing. The shaft is also softer than even the #3 Apex shafts in the Macs. More than likely in the future you will see a set of Mac Muirfield blades reamed out to 370 with FST 90 shafts. I have 3 sets one with Apex 3 shafts as a back up for my VIPs. But for now I am sticking to the TS-10

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Chisag--- Well it got interesting yesterday--- Did my stretching at the house felt pretty good--- Even stretched at the course and swung my yellow skilz trainer some. Felt good. Well it was cool and we had gotten rain Friday night. Kept getting tight no matter what I did and got my timing off bad. Never hurt but got stiff stayed stiff. My self designed swing is all timing. Had absolutely no feel for anything but putting and chipping. Did putt and chip well. Chipped in a bump and run with an 8 iron for an Eagle and made 2 15 ft birdie putts. The course was extremely wet and long LOL had to hit a 4 wood a couple of times into par 4s. Lol one of my best shots of the day was a 180 yard 4 wood to 15 feet. We did manage to shoot -6 with a bogey. That did not get us anywhere. There were 22 teams and for the first time in a while we did not finish in the top 5. Of course one of my team members had surgery Thursday and could only chip and putt. In fact one of the course owners had put a Red Cross flag on our cart. I thought I was back at least 80% but I was wrong. Will work harder this week. This morning I have already worked out no pain but stiff as a piece of rebar

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

... I will not say welcome to my world because you are not welcome, but reluctantly being dragged in. I have been dealing with this for 25 years and I have more good days than bad days, but the bad days demand my respect. Of course the mental discipline to not force things and accept the bad days is the hardest part. Plying well for a week and feeling like I am really getting dialed in, only to have my back tighten up and it's back to square one. I would love to complain about not being able to play the way I want when my back gets stiff but I am reminded of the guy complaining about having to walk to work until he met a man with no legs. There are so many worse off than us. I know you are a diligent and hard worker so you probably don't need any advice from me back/core strengthening exercises are equally as important as stretching. And the killer is if you are serious about giving your back every chance to support your golf swing, it would be a great idea to lose some weight. I am sure I am not telling you anything you don't already know so best of luck in your lifelong rehab journey!