TESTERS WANTED! ×

Small/Mid Size SUV

fixyurdivot

Golf clubs not fitting is a deal beaker for me.  It's OK for the occasional trip to the course every week, but I like to take golf trips so two bags and luggage is Important.  When looking for a new(er) vehicle, I always take our two sets of clubs to see how they would fit.  When I retired, I wanted to upgrade from my SUV, and I wanted an E-Class Mercedes... until I took my clubs to the dealer!!  That's how I ended up with my Charger R/T.

The issues I have with most small/mid SUVs is power, gas mileage and handling.  They don't have enough, don't get enough, and don't do it well.  Of course, power and gas mileage have to be considered together.  I like power.  If you live where the terrain is relatively flat, the small, efficient engines are OK, but in mountainous regions power and torque are required IMO.  Midsize SUVs are heavier and the smaller engines can't move the vehicle quick enough for me, and mileage sucks.  I don't like the feel of driving most SUVs, unless we are talking higher end models.  I don't feel connected to the road.  For handing the best inexpensive SUV is the CX-5, but it lacks power.  Subaru, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, and Kia produce quality vehicles but the bigger models require bigger engines and gas mileage suffers as weight increases.  Audi, BMW, Volvo have more power, handle well, and get decent mileage but you pay for them... initially and with maintenance costs.  I used to include Mercedes, but I feel their quality has dropped off lately and mileage is not up to the others.

Two years ago my wife and I went looking for an SUV to replace her Mercedes E-class wagon.  Her wagon had more usable room than any small/mid SUV and got good mileage.  So why did we replace it?  It was a 2002 with 170K miles and it needed new rear suspension at $4000.  She drove every SUV; I didn't drive any of them.  Her brother was a police officer and taught her how to drive, so to say that she drives aggressively is an understatement!!  For her it came down to Audi Q5 and Volvo XC60; AWD is a must here in the Northwest.  She ended up with the Volvo because it met all of her criteria and the Audi dealer was a pr**k.  Two downsides:  (1) we have no Volvo dealer in the area; closest is 200 miles away; but my Dodge service manager is a golf buddy of ours and he does all the routine maintenance.  (2) The XC60 looks very much like the Honda CRV and my wife has tried to get into someone else's car more than once!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

@MattFI know you're looking at mpg which is important but also don't forget to look at the type of fuel it takes. Premium gas price could offset some of the benefits of higher mpg.  

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

this is exactly why i lease all my everyday cars.  after 3 years i'm itching for something new, and usually there's been a new model update released across many makes at that point. 
i'm currently in a jeep grand cherokee summit which goes back in June.  Tahoe RST, BMW X5M, Audi Q8 Premium, and Cadillac XT6 Sport are on the short list.

Yup, 3 and done.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

7 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

@MattFI know you're looking at mpg which is important but also don't forget to look at the type of fuel it takes. Premium gas price could offset some of the benefits of higher mpg.  

Good point, but everything I'm looking at takes standard unleaded.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

3 hours ago, Middler said:

Not sure why you left Honda off, one of the best makes IME.

And I looked at the Model Y as I’d love to have an EV. But it has noticeably less cargo space than my Outback and most models discussed here. The cargo bay is only 38” wide, that’s useless for golf clubs, I’m not sure you could even get one set of clubs in without folding down a rear seat. The Model Y is off our list, at least for golf.

The irony for me, my wife’s 2019 Accord will hold 4 players and their bags (wider trunk), whereas my 2018 Outback will hold 3 players/bags tops, uncomfortably at that...

Left Honda off because I've never owned one so I didn't want to speak on them.

The first thing I googled when the model Y was released was "model y golf bag" -- wouldn't even consider one if it couldn't fit! Should be able to fit my clicgear and bag without a sweat!

C78D40E4-ED8E-46FC-B942-4FD528FE0006.jpeg.ef80af92b162ac13ff74cd692fcebec5.jpeg

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Not exactly on topic but saw ads during the World Series last night for the new Bronco, that is a great looking vehicle. I think it’s going to do very well.

On my watch list fir my wife in ‘21

Using Tour Edge Exotics EXS Driver w/ Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Cobra King F8 4W & 6W w/Mitsubishi Tense ck Blue regular shaft; Tour Edge CVX 119 4 Hybrid , Irons 5-PW Wilson Staff D-7 w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cobra King wedges 50/54/58 & Bellum Winmore 707 putter.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 1 month later...

We just got our first Subaru in Jan. I drove a 2007 Acura MDX and after 210,00 miles it was time for something new. The MDX’s are close to $56,000 so we looked for something else and the new Outback Onyx fit the bill and was $20,000 less. Only have 9300 miles on it but so far we love it.

5790B8D8-04C5-4D87-BA2F-EC1C27A968EE.jpeg

Edited by Sr129

Love this game but I never claimed to be good at it 

:ping-small: G-30 driver with Matrix 5X3.1 A flex shaft

:ping-small: G400 3 wood with project X 4.5 A flex

:ping-small: G400 5 wood with Alta CB R flex

:ping-small: G410 4 hybrid with Alta CB R flex

SUB-70 X6E6 5 hybrid with Project X 4.5 

:callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha irons 6-PW with Recoil ZT9 shafts

:cleveland-small: RTX wedges 52-56-60

Never Compromise Dinero Limited putter 

• 4 months later...

Hey guys, I know this is a silly question coming from someone living in Germany 😭

Thinking about a MB GLE Coupe and not sure what type of interior to choose: standard ARTICO synthetic leather or pay the premium and upgrade to real leather?

Any experiences with ARTICO? How long does it hold? Cracks, etc.?

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

7 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Hey guys, I know this is a silly question coming from someone living in Germany 😭

Thinking about a MB GLE Coupe and not sure what type of interior to choose: standard ARTICO synthetic leather or pay the premium and upgrade to real leather?

I don't have any first-hand experience with ARTICO but synthetic leather is always easier to maintain than actual leather. My M3 and my 3-series after that had real leather, my current car has fake leather, and I couldn't tell you the difference other than the smell. It's nice to no longer need to condition the leather every couple of months.

11 hours ago, yungkory said:

I don't have any first-hand experience with ARTICO but synthetic leather is always easier to maintain than actual leather. My M3 and my 3-series after that had real leather, my current car has fake leather, and I couldn't tell you the difference other than the smell. It's nice to no longer need to condition the leather every couple of months.

I personally don't have any preference whether it's synthetic or real deal. You can use leather scent to make believe 😄

My only worry is having synthetic leather breaking, cracking too early.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

4 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I personally don't have any preference whether it's synthetic or real deal. You can use leather scent to make believe 😄

My only worry is having synthetic leather breaking, cracking too early.

artico holds up fine. and honestly, anyone who gets in your car won’t know the difference if you don’t tell them. 

unless you’re gonna splurge for the full upgrade to Napa leather, you’re good to go with the artico. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

On 3/29/2021 at 7:53 AM, Kanoito said:

I have a 5 1/2 yr old ML350 - rebadged now as a GLE, with standard interior (Artico?) and has held up great. FYI I also have a 2002 911 with upgraded leather and that also looks great after almost 20 years - but I do a bit more maintenance on it to 'condition' it. I guess what I'm saying is that it'll depend on how long you're planning on keeping it. Real leather will last longer but will require a bit of work to keep it looking great and keep it 'soft'. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

Thanks for the input guys. Artico it is! You guys have experience with child's seats leaving marks in the back row? We only have ISOFIX here.

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

Thanks for the input guys. Artico it is! You guys have experience with child's seats leaving marks in the back row? We only have ISOFIX here.

not sure what isofix is, but my son’s car seat has left some temporary impressions that come out if i take the seat out. 

i get my car detailed every other week, so my car’s leather gets a rest from the car seat. so far, nothing permanent. 

image.png.926c5dbfc594427870bc33c43f290630.pngSIM2 8º | KuroKage XD 70TX 

image.png.4f15ae5144722103242556b2db6d1033.pngSIM 3W 14º | Fujikura Atmos Black Tour Spec 9TX

image.png.bce9eebd9a20266703b359d88959bbcb.pngSIM2 5W 18º | Fujikura Ventus Black 10X
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo designU500 2i | Fujikura Ventus HB Black 10TX
Titleist logo | Logo gallery, Golf birthday party, Logo design T100 4-PW | Dynamic Gold X7
Vokey Design Vector Logo | Free Download - (.SVG   .PNG) format - VTLogo.com SM6 52* SM8 56* SM8 60* | Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
SIK Golf Partners with GolfPlus to Host Entry Level Professional Events!  DW | BGT Stability Tour

On 3/29/2021 at 7:53 AM, Kanoito said:

I drove a Mazda 6 for five years. Then gave it to my daughter who has been driving it for the last two. It has synthetic leather and still looks new. The car has 120,000 miles soplenty of seat time. Notevena hint of cracking anywhere.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

4 hours ago, Kanoito said:

It's been 35 yrs. since we've had child seats in the car so can't comment 😄

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

23 hours ago, Chip Strokes said:

not sure what isofix is, but my son’s car seat has left some temporary impressions that come out if i take the seat out. 

i get my car detailed every other week, so my car’s leather gets a rest from the car seat. so far, nothing permanent. 

Is this kind of fixture. I have them in my Mazda CX5 and you don't get the whole to insert it... you basically have to spread the leather apart between the seat and back. You can imagine the deformation after a few months.

image.png.2d3fd8b5da309a7358c614a7de7914b3.png

We always put a cloth place matt under the car seats. Protects the seats by putting a barrier between the seats. Protects from the rub marks from the child seat and helps with containing all the spills and crumbs from food and such.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

On 3/31/2021 at 1:48 AM, tony@CIC said:

It's been 35 yrs. since we've had child seats in the car so can't comment 😄

Don't lie, child seats didn't exist back then 😄

For real, I'm 37 now and I remember we were either carried placed on the backseat with the usual seatbelt or on an adult's lap. 

Posted in this thread a while back that I wanted a Model Y. My friend bought one for his wife and asked me to ceramic coat it and that means I got to drive it home. There's no way I'm not getting one now this thing is dope, and it fits a golf bag at least two ways:

351BBF3E-B03A-4B9A-BC39-3D0D0DFA658B.jpeg.b0e18a977985f6cf2835d59e34d5c8fa.jpeg

63F643E1-96E5-49B0-A00D-6B122697267F.jpeg.13b2a6bac0222a2b190badbc9808346b.jpeg

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Posted in this thread a while back that I wanted a Model Y. My friend bought one for his wife and asked me to ceramic coat it and that means I got to drive it home. There's no way I'm not getting one now this thing is dope, and it fits a golf bag at least two ways:

351BBF3E-B03A-4B9A-BC39-3D0D0DFA658B.jpeg.b0e18a977985f6cf2835d59e34d5c8fa.jpeg

63F643E1-96E5-49B0-A00D-6B122697267F.jpeg.13b2a6bac0222a2b190badbc9808346b.jpeg

I need a trunk big enough to fit 2 cart bags and 2 Clicgears lol

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

I need a trunk big enough to fit 2 cart bags and 2 Clicgears lol

You can fold the seats down and it would fit that easy

It's been 35 yrs. since we've had child seats in the car so can't comment 

Only 35 years! We’re at 40+. Mi still remember cleaning the rugs in the rear floor.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, yungkory said:

You can fold the seats down and it would fit that easy

Forgot to mention too lazy to remove 2 child seats... 😂

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately. I’m having to revive this thread.  At the worst time ever for a buyer, I’m in the position of having to get a new vehicle in the next month.

Strongly considering going back to Toyota after a 3 year misguided absence.

Looking st the SUV Hybrid route, which makes it.

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

But if anyone can make a solid case for Hyundai Tucson or Samte Fe Hybrid, I will listen. 

But after my current issue, ai’ really hesitant to go anything but Toyota.  They are the PING of the Auto industry. Not flashy, but they just work. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Unfortunately. I’m having to revive this thread.  At the worst time ever for a buyer, I’m in the position of having to get a new vehicle in the next month.

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

But if anyone can make a solid case for Hyundai Tucson or Samte Fe Hybrid, I will listen. 

But after my current issue, ai’ really hesitant to go anything but Toyota.  They are the PING of the Auto industry. Not flashy, but they just work. 

I cannot make the case for either of them, as we just picked up two chevy's earlier this year.

The wife is loving her Equinox and I am really enjoying the Blazer.

I do also get the appeal for Toyota's, they are great vehicles, and if I was to pick one it would be the highlander.

Good luck with the car shopping Rob.

My Reviews:

2023 Official review - Rapsodo MLM2Pro!

2022 Official Review - Edel SMS Wedges

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60  and TW GS 5 Wood Vixard FD 55  768205649_Screenshot2023-06-0213_28_25.png.53900da2fbc8d481e66d2a00ab6ac775.png 301 Combo 301CB and 301MB    231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png.6bd9ee8247ca1cc0415f39bf5fdfe313.png. SMS 48*, 56*, 60*   Putter: Lucky golf putter. Ball:  ::titelist-small:  ProV1, ::Arccos:: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple ::footjoy-small:: A couple of :nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.::SuperSpeed:: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Honestly Rob, check out Kia, Hyundai's cousin. Best warranty, 10 year/100,000 miles and now having had mine for a couple of weeks, best bang for the buck. Yes, it's not a yota, but it's very comparable.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

I can't "make a case" for the Hyundai hybrids as hybrids are new to their SUV models (though they've had hybrid sedans since the 2011 Sonata). But after driving everything you mention, and after personal experience with 1 Subaru, 5 Hondas and 3 Toyotas - I put a deposit on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited, delivery scheduled by 11/29.

The Tucson Hybrid was fun to drive with loads of tech and safety assist systems, an upscale interior for the price, and you can't beat the warranties or the value. It's a little smaller than I would have liked, but I didn't need to pony up another $2K plus for a very slightly larger Santa Fe Hybrid. I've asked every friend and neighbor with a Hyundai what they think, and every one of them has been very pleased. The new Hyundais are way more interesting IMO, they're not generic "me too" products anymore. And the online reviews, YouTube and others, are excellent. I can't wait to take delivery!

I also drove a Santa Fe Hybrid and a Sorrento Plug In Hybrid and if I needed more space, I would have bought one of them...didn't need the space so why spend another $2K.

YOU SHOULD GO DRIVE A HYUNDAI OR A KIA and judge for yourself. Why not? If you don't choose either, nothing lost.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

Second TRANSMISSION about to be put into the Subaru Ascent I have as a company vehicle. Not good…

FYI, had to replace the windshield, and the “eyes” the car uses had to be reset. INSANE what Safelite charged for that!!! No way I would ever buy a Subaru after what I’ve been through with a brand new one that now has just over 66,000 miles. Cost of upkeep is RIDICULOUS. Thank goodness the company pays for it all!!!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Honestly Rob, check out Kia, Hyundai's cousin. Best warranty, 10 year/100,000 miles and now having had mine for a couple of weeks, best bang for the buck. Yes, it's not a yota, but it's very comparable.

My Sister in Law has her 2nd Kia, the first was totaled about 6 months ago.   She loves them. Here's the thing about Kia and Hyundai.  They both make great looking and tech filled cars for the price.  The warranty is the best out there by far.  

All that said, I need to be confident my next vehicle is going to last a minimum of 10 years with no major issues.  I probably have 6 years left of full time working, so whatever I buy will be paid off by then.  And my driving will be greatly reduced.  I don't really expect it to be my last car, but hopefully 2nd to last car, and to last at least 10 years, then I can trade it and buy m final car possibly without financing anything, since I won't be working, well at least not full time.

I got burned by going with FORD this time, which I had hear greatly improved it's quality.  Well obviously Quality was not Job 1 in the case of this SUV, which by the way ranked very high in the Consumer Reports Testing. 

So if I go with Kia or Hyndai and something happens and it is giving me issue after issue in 5 to 6 years, then I will have nobody to blame but myself. 

It's kind of like hitting a hybrid (no pun intended) off the tee instead of driver.  It's the safe play.

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I can't "make a case" for the Hyundai hybrids as hybrids are new to their SUV models (though they've had hybrid sedans since the 2011 Sonata). But after driving everything you mention, and after personal experience with 1 Subaru, 5 Hondas and 3 Toyotas - I put a deposit on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited, delivery scheduled by 11/29.

The Tucson Hybrid was fun to drive with loads of tech and safety assist systems, an upscale interior for the price, and you can't beat the warranties or the value. It's a little smaller than I would have liked, but I didn't need to pony up another $2K plus for a very slightly larger Santa Fe Hybrid. I've asked every friend and neighbor with a Hyundai what they think, and every one of them has been very pleased. The new Hyundais are way more interesting IMO, they're not generic "me too" products anymore. And the online reviews, YouTube and others, are excellent. I can't wait to take delivery!

I also drove a Santa Fe Hybrid and a Sorrento Plug In Hybrid and if I needed more space, I would have bought one of them...didn't need the space so why spend another $2K.

YOU SHOULD GO DRIVE A HYUNDAI OR A KIA and judge for yourself. Why not? If you don't choose either, nothing lost.

I have driven the Hyndai Tuscon and really really liked it.  They have some more coming in the next week or two and he said, he will let me know when it's there to drive.

See my above comments about how much I like their tech and bells and whistles for the price, and like you even though I'm 6'4" I found it to be large enough for me (I sat in a 2021 on the lot which he says are the exact same size) 

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content.  Then I took the Highlander XLE ouut and oh man what a difference, in both ride, sound and just quality of the drive.   I had a Highlander from 2006 to 2016 until it was in an accident.   The new ones are so much more plush and tech filled than that one was.   

I haven't eliminated the Hyundai yet.  But I am very hesitant to go away from what I know after my disaster with this Edge.  Which I bought for a lot of the same reasons I just listed about liking the Tuscon. 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12