TESTERS WANTED! ×

Small/Mid Size SUV

fixyurdivot

We have been a Toyota family for years. Recently bought a 2018 Honda CRV. Love it. Gave our 2010 RAV4 to our son.

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", C3 surefit and H2 for backweight, D1 SW, 45 3/8", 40g counterbalance weight;

PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber T6* tour stiff, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D1, 20g counterbalance weight;

Snake Eyes 19° Quick Strike Tour, Xcaliber T6+ Tour Stiff, 20g counterbalance weight;

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120x soft stepped once, D5, 2° flat;

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°, all 2° flat;

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong, 75g optivibe at 2" down the shaft and a 12g tourlock pro+ counterweight

Srixon Z Star XV, TP5X, or Maxfli Tour X

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content. 

Isn't this the tag line for the RAV4?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° :Fuji: Ventus Blue 6X  (2021 Official Review) | :callaway-small:Epic Speed 18° Evenflow Riptide 70g 6.0
:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 S | 
image.png.08bbf5bb553da418019f0db13c6f4f9a.png SMS 4-5/SMS Pro 6-PW  image.png.267751aa721ee9cf3944fa2ff070b98c.png  Steelfiber i95 S (2023 Official Review)
:ping-small: Glide 4.0 50°.12°S/54°.14°W/58°.6°T PING Z-Z115 Wedge Flex | :cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0
:ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: Pro V1 | Right Handed | Tracked by :ShotScope: V3

7 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Isn't this the tag line for the RAV4?

Ha..Toyota can send me a consulting fee 🙂

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have driven the Hyndai Tuscon and really really liked it.  They have some more coming in the next week or two and he said, he will let me know when it's there to drive.

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content.  Then I took the Highlander XLE ouut and oh man what a difference, in both ride, sound and just quality of the drive.   I had a Highlander from 2006 to 2016 until it was in an accident.   The new ones are so much more plush and tech filled than that one was.   

I haven't eliminated the Hyundai yet.  But I am very hesitant to go away from what I know after my disaster with this Edge.  Which I bought for a lot of the same reasons I just listed about liking the Tuscon. 

May be of zero interest but FWIW.

You haven't mentioned AWD, but if that's an option you like, the RAV4 for sure and the Highlander I think have electronic AWD - not true AWD like the Hyundais and most other AWD systems. The latter is more sure footed using an actual differential between front and back whereas the Toyotas have an engine a electric motor up front and just an electric motor at the rear - so it's arguably a virtual AWD. It's competent enough in most situations, but not as good off-road as a true AWD system.

Good luck, I've had 3 Toyotas and they were some of the best vehicles we've owned.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

52 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My Sister in Law has her 2nd Kia, the first was totaled about 6 months ago.   She loves them. Here's the thing about Kia and Hyundai.  They both make great looking and tech filled cars for the price.  The warranty is the best out there by far.  

All that said, I need to be confident my next vehicle is going to last a minimum of 10 years with no major issues.  I probably have 6 years left of full time working, so whatever I buy will be paid off by then.  And my driving will be greatly reduced.  I don't really expect it to be my last car, but hopefully 2nd to last car, and to last at least 10 years, then I can trade it and buy m final car possibly without financing anything, since I won't be working, well at least not full time.

I got burned by going with FORD this time, which I had hear greatly improved it's quality.  Well obviously Quality was not Job 1 in the case of this SUV, which by the way ranked very high in the Consumer Reports Testing. 

So if I go with Kia or Hyndai and something happens and it is giving me issue after issue in 5 to 6 years, then I will have nobody to blame but myself. 

It's kind of like hitting a hybrid (no pun intended) off the tee instead of driver.  It's the safe play.

I have driven the Hyndai Tuscon and really really liked it.  They have some more coming in the next week or two and he said, he will let me know when it's there to drive.

See my above comments about how much I like their tech and bells and whistles for the price, and like you even though I'm 6'4" I found it to be large enough for me (I sat in a 2021 on the lot which he says are the exact same size) 

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content.  Then I took the Highlander XLE ouut and oh man what a difference, in both ride, sound and just quality of the drive.   I had a Highlander from 2006 to 2016 until it was in an accident.   The new ones are so much more plush and tech filled than that one was.   

I haven't eliminated the Hyundai yet.  But I am very hesitant to go away from what I know after my disaster with this Edge.  Which I bought for a lot of the same reasons I just listed about liking the Tuscon. 

I have 2018 Rav 4 hybrid. Its nice 30 mpg AWD (but not great) and it fits my family of 4 and our stuff. Personally I don't know if I will buy anything other than a Toyota. This is the 5th Toyota I have owned. Currently have prius, camry and the rav, all over 100k and the only I have had to fix is tires and oil changes. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4 hours ago, Middler said:

May be of zero interest but FWIW.

You haven't mentioned AWD, but if that's an option you like, the RAV4 for sure and the Highlander I think have electronic AWD - not true AWD like the Hyundais and most other AWD systems. The latter is more sure footed using an actual differential between front and back whereas the Toyotas have an engine a electric motor up front and just an electric motor at the rear - so it's arguably a virtual AWD. It's competent enough in most situations, but not as good off-road as a true AWD system.

Good luck, I've had 3 Toyotas and they were some of the best vehicles we've owned.

I hear you on the AWD.  I am looking for it.  Here in the Mid Atlantic, it's nice to have we don't get many 30" snow storms, but mostly the 2 to 5 inch stuff.   And even then, I'm limited in the amount I need to drive in that, I can work from home when that happens.

I do know the Highlander has more of a true AWD than the RAV. I have watched many of the videos by AMD on The Car Care Nut.  He is a Toyota Master Technician of over 20 years.  He is basically the Ian Frasier of mechanics from what I've seen 🙂

And he will pull no punches when there is something critical to say about Toyota, he will do it with no hesitancy.   So to me that gives him huge credibility in what he says.   So I rely on him for a lot of stuff that is basically a foreign language to me..ha

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have 2018 Rav 4 hybrid. Its nice 30 mpg AWD (but not great) and it fits my family of 4 and our stuff. Personally I don't know if I will buy anything other than a Toyota. This is the 5th Toyota I have owned. Currently have prius, camry and the rav, all over 100k and the only I have had to fix is tires and oil changes. 

Yep, I think I mentioned above, all the models I've had over the past 40 years.  And only been in a non Toyota for 3 of those years...the past 3 😞

Bought a Bronco Sport for SWMBO…….

great ride, great mileage(24-26 mph), plenty of room.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I'm picking up my GLE Coupe Hybrid next week... so excited!

And while installing the wallbox in my garage, the guy told me it was just a few bucks more for a wallbox with 2 chargers, so why not? So what do I do after having 2 chargers?

That's right, I'm selling my Mazda CX-5 and getting an Audi Q4 e-tron Sportback. This one will be used mainly to go to work, so just charging every couple of weeks at home will suffice.

Look at this beauty! Throw the kids in the GLE and this will be my "bachelor" ride lol

image.png.a01c473d62e642170fdf38a789f06b30.png

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Bought a Bronco Sport for SWMBO…….

great ride, great mileage(24-26 mph), plenty of room.

I looked at them but for me, they were too small in the cargo area. The full sized Bronco doesn't come out until next year.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

EV's won't work for us until they have fast charging stations right off the highway from Ohio to Florida. Hybrids on the other hand are very tempting - especially those that don't require premium gas. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Think I have pretty much decided on a Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE.  It's more than I ideally would like to pay, since this is an unplanned purchase.  But if I had gone with the Highlander 3 years ago I definitely wouldn't be in this situation now!

Looks like 2022 will be the year of one set of irons for me....EEEEH GADS!!   Is that even possible?   

Say it ain't so! - Crying Baby | Meme Generator

1 minute ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Looks like 2022 will be the year of one set of irons for me....EEEEH GADS!!   Is that even possible?   

We'll believe it when we see it...

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Just now, russtopherb said:

Yeah, I know I know!  Well maybe if I could get a finance deal with no payments for the first 90 days, I could sneak in a January release beforehand 😂

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Think I have pretty much decided on a Toyota Highlander Hybrid XLE.  It's more than I ideally would like to pay, since this is an unplanned purchase.  But if I had gone with the Highlander 3 years ago I definitely wouldn't be in this situation now!

Say it ain't so! - Crying Baby | Meme Generator

A great choice, hope you enjoy it!

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, FJ DryJoys

12 hours ago, MattF said:

I looked at them but for me, they were too small in the cargo area. The full sized Bronco doesn't come out until next year.

They are out now, just have to find them 

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

11 hours ago, fozcycle said:

They are out now, just have to find them 

Good luck finding anything with 4 wheels right now.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

1 hour ago, MattF said:

Just read a news article that Toyota is back into full production. Of course they'll probably be stuck on a ship anchored off LA. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

1 hour ago, MattF said:

The supply here in Maryland/DC area while certainly not what it was pre chip/shipping issues is not that bad, I have only run into one dealer that didn't have something on the lot for me to look at or drive.

28 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

Just read a news article that Toyota is back into full production. Of course they'll probably be stuck on a ship anchored off LA. 

Yep, this is true.  Toyota had a positive increase in  monthly allocations vs previous month in November for the first time in months and December is expected to be even higher than November. 

There are a a big Highlander assembly plant in Indiana I believe, that a lot of the vehicles in this market are coming from. I guess that could be helping the hybrid version supply. 

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

Depends where they're made mate. Toyota has plants in the US, however, Kia has everything made in Korea coming through Tacoma.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 11/16/2021 at 2:11 PM, russtopherb said:

On 11/16/2021 at 2:12 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, I know I know!  Well maybe if I could get a finance deal with no payments for the first 90 days, I could sneak in a January release beforehand 😂

I think you mean when we don't see it. 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

49 minutes ago, JohnSmalls said:

I think you mean when we don't see it. 

Strange.  That’s the same thing they said to me in the office.  😬

Subaru Forester Sport has faired well for me! 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: bjohnson@northamericangolftour.com

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

16 hours ago, Bohnson said:

Subaru Forester Sport has faired well for me! 

From what I'm told, my son will be getting my MIL's 2010 Forester in 18 months when he turns 16. It's only got 38K on it. I'm happy he's getting a reliable car with AWD for his first one.

In the bag:

Bag: 

1 hour ago, MattF said:

From what I'm told, my son will be getting my MIL's 2010 Forester in 18 months when he turns 16. It's only got 38K on it. I'm happy he's getting a reliable car with AWD for his first one.

We’ve owned a Subaru Outback or Forester since 1980.  The other cars (2nd) have varied all over the place.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

On 4/4/2021 at 10:39 AM, yungkory said:

Posted in this thread a while back that I wanted a Model Y. My friend bought one for his wife and asked me to ceramic coat it and that means I got to drive it home. There's no way I'm not getting one now this thing is dope, and it fits a golf bag at least two ways:

351BBF3E-B03A-4B9A-BC39-3D0D0DFA658B.jpeg.b0e18a977985f6cf2835d59e34d5c8fa.jpeg

63F643E1-96E5-49B0-A00D-6B122697267F.jpeg.13b2a6bac0222a2b190badbc9808346b.jpeg

Better get your order in now before the next price hike 😲.  These cars are intriguing but the reported battery life, limited range and BIG $$ to replace the batteries makes me hesitant.  I'm thinking hybrid will be amongst my next, smaller SUV.

The Tesla Model Y Is Somehow a $60,000 Car Now (autoweek.com)

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

4 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

Better get your order in now before the next price hike 😲.  These cars are intriguing but the reported battery life, limited range and BIG $$ to replace the batteries makes me hesitant.  I'm thinking hybrid will be amongst my next, smaller SUV.

I’ve only driven it for about 150 miles, but so far I’m loving the Hybrid.  Getting 35 MPG and Thsts mostly highway driving. My understanding is city driving will be even better.  Unfortunately I don’t do a lot of that during the week.  Mostly errands on the weekends.  But I’ll take the 35 vs the 22 I was getting before 

it still has plenty of get up snd go as well for my uses.  It doesn’t feel like I’m lacking any power so far. 

Toyota guarantees the Hybrid battery for 10 years 150,000 miles.  So that’s reassuring.  

43 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ve only driven it for about 150 miles, but so far I’m loving the Hybrid.  Getting 35 MPG and Thsts mostly highway driving. My understanding is city driving will be even better.  Unfortunately I don’t do a lot of that during the week.  Mostly errands on the weekends.  But I’ll take the 35 vs the 22 I was getting before 

it still has plenty of get up snd go as well for my uses.  It doesn’t feel like I’m lacking any power so far. 

Toyota guarantees the Hybrid battery for 10 years 150,000 miles.  So that’s reassuring.  

The Highlander is among those I'm considering.  Word has it they are going to offer a PHEV version, maybe in 2023?  The 10 year/150K warranty is a nice, reassuring feature.  

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

On 11/25/2021 at 5:14 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I know someone who has an original Model S who has had 0 major maintenance since 2012. I was hesitant as well, but everyone I know with one hasn't had any issues outside of the ones that come from factory, which are mostly cosmetic (panels don't line up, paint flaws, etc.) and are fixed at delivery.

But yeah, the price hikes are crazy. Waiting to see if this bill passes for the tax credit, since it's not retroactive. Once it passes I'll place my order and start waiting, hopefully by then the price hasn't gone up so much that it negates the credit entirely, HA!

I've grown up wrenching my own cars since I worked enough in high school to buy my first used car. Self-taught with the help of friends, I guess you can say I'm sort of a "car guy" and I never thought I would ditch combustion engines, but if I can power my whole house, and charge my vehicle, for $50/mo with the help of the sun -- it seems like a no brainer. Gotta make use of that 14 hours of sunlight per day, right? 

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

So a side note/update to this thread.

I've had my Highlander Hybrid for 8 days now, and I'm just over 1/2 tank left with 325 miles on it.     Distance to empty says 174.   We will see if that hold true.  I know typically the 2nd half of fuel gauges seem to go faster than the 1st half.

I would have had to fill up my previous Ford Edge about 20 miles ago by now.   According to the MPG meter, I've been getting anywhere from 34 all highway speeds to 37 mixed highway and city.   Seems to be about what it was advertised at.