Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Small/Mid Size SUV

fixyurdivot

5 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So a side note/update to this thread.

I've had my Highlander Hybrid for 8 days now, and I'm just over 1/2 tank left with 325 miles on it.     Distance to empty says 174.   We will see if that hold true.  I know typically the 2nd half of fuel gauges seem to go faster than the 1st half.

I would have had to fill up my previous Ford Edge about 20 miles ago by now.   According to the MPG meter, I've been getting anywhere from 34 all highway speeds to 37 mixed highway and city.   Seems to be about what it was advertised at.  

Is the Edge a smaller capacity tank, or is the Highlander just that much more efficient?

I had read something to do with more air being in the tank caused you to get less GPM, but I also read that the thing that "floats" in your tank measures better when there's more gas, and you actually get better GPM when you have less fuel because your car is lighter. Not sure what the curb weight difference is with 7 gallons of gas, though.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Is the Edge a smaller capacity tank, or is the Highlander just that much more efficient?

I had read something to do with more air being in the tank caused you to get less GPM, but I also read that the thing that "floats" in your tank measures better when there's more gas, and you actually get better GPM when you have less fuel because your car is lighter. Not sure what the curb weight difference is with 7 gallons of gas, though.

I thought mpg when there is less fuel was better because you know that you are getting short on gas, whereas with a full tank you "lead foot" it more often.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

14 hours ago, yungkory said:

The Highlander is a hybrid and the Edge isn't, there's the biggest difference. The Edge has a 18.5gl tank and the Highlander has a 17.1gl tank. Hybrids are just so much more efficient because they use the battery at startup, low speed, when stopped idling and help with acceleration. The only time they're using the engine alone is cruising.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

23 hours ago, yungkory said:

My man Matt answered it perfectly below.   Yeah, the Hybrid has definitely lived up to it's billing on the efficiency, and I haven't really had any lack of zip or problem in getting up to speed when merging on a highway.

As Matt mentioned, I'm also learning how to drive efficiently with it, no jack rabbit starts, just to have to stop two hundred yards later at another lite.   Getting up to speed and staying their constantly, and using coasting to come to slowdowns instead of breaking.  

I suspect for the next month or so I'll keep an eye on the MPG just for comparison, as we would tend to do with a new driver, then I'll just let it go after that and enjoy stopping a lot less at the gas stations.

8 hours ago, MattF said:

The Highlander is a hybrid and the Edge isn't, there's the biggest difference. The Edge has a 18.5gl tank and the Highlander has a 17.1gl tank. Hybrids are just so much more efficient because they use the battery at startup, low speed, when stopped idling and help with acceleration. The only time they're using the engine alone is cruising.

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I'm happy with the 25 MPG combined I'm getting with the Sportage compared to the 15 MPG combined I got with the Trailblazer. However, I've also changed my driving style a bit, but it wouldn't have made too much difference with the TB.

In the bag:
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Bag: 

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

On 11/25/2021 at 2:44 PM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I’ve only driven it for about 150 miles, but so far I’m loving the Hybrid.  Getting 35 MPG and Thsts mostly highway driving. My understanding is city driving will be even better.  Unfortunately I don’t do a lot of that during the week.  Mostly errands on the weekends.  But I’ll take the 35 vs the 22 I was getting before 

it still has plenty of get up snd go as well for my uses.  It doesn’t feel like I’m lacking any power so far. 

Toyota guarantees the Hybrid battery for 10 years 150,000 miles.  So that’s reassuring.  

Regular gas or premium? I'm looking at hybrids and tired of the .60 upcharge for my suv which takes 91 octane. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 11/30/2021 at 10:46 AM, Golfspy_CG2 said:

So a side note/update to this thread.

I've had my Highlander Hybrid for 8 days now, and I'm just over 1/2 tank left with 325 miles on it.     Distance to empty says 174.   We will see if that hold true.  I know typically the 2nd half of fuel gauges seem to go faster than the 1st half.

I would have had to fill up my previous Ford Edge about 20 miles ago by now.   According to the MPG meter, I've been getting anywhere from 34 all highway speeds to 37 mixed highway and city.   Seems to be about what it was advertised at.

+1. I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid a little under 3 weeks ago. I got over 33 mpg on the first tank, and I’m at over 34 on the second tank so far. We’re having moderate temps right now, ideal for hybrids. Hybrid mpg drops a little when it’s really hot and drops a lot when it’s really (Chicago winter) cold - this is our fourth hybrid vehicle. 

There were some largely unfair (or way outdated) observations on hybrid battery life/reliability earlier in this thread. We had a Prius (up to 54 mpg) for 7 years with zero issues, and a Camry hybrid (up to 43 mpg) also zero issues for 11 years - traded in with the original battery, and got good money not lower than a gas only Camry. Currently have an Accord hybrid (up to 48 mpg) and the Hyundai. The Santa Fe is a pretty heavy vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick, so it’s not going to get great mpg - just a lot better than an ICE Santa Fe.

• Titleist TSR2 11° HZRDUS Red CB 50 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Mizuno JPX923 HMP 4-GW, T22 54.12WS, T22 58.04DC w Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT
  • Payntr X 002 LE, Ecco Biom C4, Payntr X 001 F (Mesh)

1 hour ago, Middler said:

+1. I bought a Hyundai Santa Fe Hybrid a little under 3 weeks ago. I got over 33 mpg on the first tank, and I’m at over 34 on the second tank so far. We’re having moderate temps right now, ideal for hybrids. Hybrid mpg drops a little when it’s really hot and drops a lot when it’s really (Chicago winter) cold - this is our fourth hybrid vehicle. 

There were some largely unfair (or way outdated) observations on hybrid battery life/reliability earlier in this thread. We had a Prius (up to 54 mpg) for 7 years with zero issues, and a Camry hybrid (up to 43 mpg) also zero issues for 11 years - traded in with the original battery. Currently have an Accord hybrid (up to 48 mpg) and the Hyundai. The Santa Fe is a pretty heavy vehicle with the aerodynamics of a brick, so it’s not going to get great mpg - just a lot better than an ICE Santa Fe.

Yeah, the Hyundai's Sante Fe and even Tucson were my 2nd choices.  But really wanted to get back to Toyota.   I have heard about the winter MPG's with a hybrid.  But I'm sure no matter what it is, it will be much better than I was getting with the Edge (22 mpg). 

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Yeah, the Hyundai's Sante Fe and even Tucson were my 2nd choices.  But really wanted to get back to Toyota.   I have heard about the winter MPG's with a hybrid.  But I'm sure no matter what it is, it will be much better than I was getting with the Edge (22 mpg). 

Definitely. Enjoy the Highlander, we've had two Toyota hybrids, they're probably the most bulletproof.

• Titleist TSR2 16.5º HZRDUS Red 60 CB 6.0 & TSR2 21º HZRDUS Black 4G 70 6.0 w Lamkin UTx Midsize
  • Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

51 minutes ago, Middler said:

Definitely. Enjoy the Highlander, we've had two Toyota hybrids, they're probably the most bulletproof.

You as well, I was really impressed with some of the technology in the Hyundai's, I think they definitely have the edge over Toyota in that department.  Both very solid brands that should run for quite a long time. 

This is a little off topic.  Brought our 2020 Forester in for 1  1/2 year service (3,000 miles😱) obviously nothing wrong with it. 
Noticed immediately that their were NO NEW or used Subarus on the lot or in the Showroom, couple of nice Corvettes though. 
I asked Service Mgr what’s going on and he said you have to order a new Subaru and in a few months you should get what you want. 
This Group also has a Chrysler & Kia franchise and have similar problems.  The Chrysler Store used to have 600 new cars on the lot, right now under 50! 

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

14 hours ago, Rickp said:

This is a little off topic.  Brought our 2020 Forester in for 1  1/2 year service (3,000 miles😱) obviously nothing wrong with it. 
Noticed immediately that their were NO NEW or used Subarus on the lot or in the Showroom, couple of nice Corvettes though. 
I asked Service Mgr what’s going on and he said you have to order a new Subaru and in a few months you should get what you want. 
This Group also has a Chrysler & Kia franchise and have similar problems.  The Chrysler Store used to have 600 new cars on the lot, right now under 50! 

It's the same everywhere. When I got the Sportage, I had to wait 2 weeks for it, which in itself, isn't too bad. However, I had to take that one because the one that I would have preferred, I'd still be waiting for.

In the bag:

Bag: 

20 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

You as well, I was really impressed with some of the technology in the Hyundai's, I think they definitely have the edge over Toyota in that department.  Both very solid brands that should run for quite a long time. 

The Palisade sure is a great looking car.  I got a close look at a used one while getting the oil changes on the Expedition. I'm a little surprised a hybrid version isn't available... yet. 

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Evnroll ER5v Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Currently Under Product Test)

I just picked my my GLE Coupe hybrid yesterday. It was a smooth ride home with summer tires in snow and icy weather. I'll be swapping the winter tires on Monday.

The sales guy did recommend using the pre-conditioning function before leaving. Let the car warm up the interior and the battery while it's still plugged in the garage. Saves you battery power on the road and increases battery range as well.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Everyone talking hybrid now, I'm going to look at the Sorento hybrid when my Sportage lease is up. More power and better MPG.

In the bag:

Bag: 

On 11/25/2021 at 7:59 AM, MattF said:

From what I'm told, my son will be getting my MIL's 2010 Forester in 18 months when he turns 16. It's only got 38K on it. I'm happy he's getting a reliable car with AWD for his first one.

Yes, it will be perfect. Good gas mileage too. 

Brandon Johnson, MBA
COO / Co-founder North American Golf Tour 

www.northamericangolftour.com

e: [email protected]

WITB: 

• D - Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 3w- Taylormade M1 w/ tensie pro orange 
  • 2i - Srixon 
  • 4- 5 Srixon 785 
  • 6- 9 Srixon z blades 
  • PW, GW, SW, LW Cleveland rtx 
  • true temper shafts in all of my irons 
  • putter - Odyssey #9

I did a comparison between driving off with and without pre-conditioning and it certainly takes a hit (usually 100km per charge, now in winter only 70km)

As a matter of fact, I think electric driving with 0C temps it's just not effective... might as well go with petrol during winter.

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

6 hours ago, Kanoito said:

I did a comparison between driving off with and without pre-conditioning and it certainly takes a hit (usually 100km per charge, now in winter only 70km)

As a matter of fact, I think electric driving with 0C temps it's just not effective... might as well go with petrol during winter.

Batteries certainly take a hit when it's cold. What's pre conditioning?

In the bag:

Bag: 

Bought a Bronco Sport for SWMBO a couple months ago.  Absolutely love it, the mpg is 25+ and there are 4 GOAT modes, which we have been using in the economy mode for tooling around Tampa Bay.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

2 hours ago, Kanoito said:

Which PHEV are we talking about?

• Evnroll EV5.3
  • Maxfli Tour & ProV1

On 12/3/2021 at 11:09 PM, Kanoito said:

I just picked my my GLE Coupe hybrid yesterday. It was a smooth ride home with summer tires in snow and icy weather. I'll be swapping the winter tires on Monday.

The sales guy did recommend using the pre-conditioning function before leaving. Let the car warm up the interior and the battery while it's still plugged in the garage. Saves you battery power on the road and increases battery range as well.

So... it's not like my beard trimmer, which specifically says do not operate when plugged in.  😂

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

12 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

So... it's not like my beard trimmer, which specifically says do not operate when plugged in.  😂

That's just so somebody doesn't use it in the shower while its plugged in!!  ⚡  😱

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

1 hour ago, Shapotomous said:

That's just so somebody doesn't use it in the shower while its plugged in!!  ⚡  😱

But... but... 

IMG_1490.jpeg.12f75f5a84cac218540989e3b4b9a0a2.jpeg

Back on topic...  My neighbor plugs her Chevy Volt in when it's parked in the driveway.  Is that the same as using a trimmer in the shower if it rains?  😂

On 12/8/2021 at 1:29 PM, MattF said:

Batteries certainly take a hit when it's cold. What's pre conditioning?

The car has a function where you can set your departure time, let's say every day 8am. So when plugged in, it will start warming up the interior and the battery around 7:40 so when you drive off, you don't waste battery heating up the car and a warm battery will have a longer range than a cold one.

On 12/8/2021 at 3:03 PM, Middler said:

Which PHEV are we talking about?

Mercedes GLE Coupe 350e