Small/Mid Size SUV

fixyurdivot

2 hours ago, yungkory said:

Posted in this thread a while back that I wanted a Model Y. My friend bought one for his wife and asked me to ceramic coat it and that means I got to drive it home. There's no way I'm not getting one now this thing is dope, and it fits a golf bag at least two ways:

351BBF3E-B03A-4B9A-BC39-3D0D0DFA658B.jpeg.b0e18a977985f6cf2835d59e34d5c8fa.jpeg

63F643E1-96E5-49B0-A00D-6B122697267F.jpeg.13b2a6bac0222a2b190badbc9808346b.jpeg

I need a trunk big enough to fit 2 cart bags and 2 Clicgears lol

• Like 3

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

1 hour ago, Kanoito said:

I need a trunk big enough to fit 2 cart bags and 2 Clicgears lol

You can fold the seats down and it would fit that easy

• Like 3

Driver: :titelist-small: TSi3 10* Ventus Red

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: JPX 919 Forged Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Modus 3 115 Wedge

Putter: L.A.B. DF 2.1 w/ BGT Stability Tour

Ball: :titelist-small: ProV1x

It's been 35 yrs. since we've had child seats in the car so can't comment [emoji1]

Only 35 years! We’re at 40+. Mi still remember cleaning the rugs in the rear floor.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

12 hours ago, yungkory said:

You can fold the seats down and it would fit that easy

Forgot to mention too lazy to remove 2 child seats... 😂

• Haha 3

:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

• 7 months later...

Unfortunately. I’m having to revive this thread.  At the worst time ever for a buyer, I’m in the position of having to get a new vehicle in the next month.

Strongly considering going back to Toyota after a 3 year misguided absence.

Looking st the SUV Hybrid route, which makes it.

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

But if anyone can make a solid case for Hyundai Tucson or Samte Fe Hybrid, I will listen. 

But after my current issue, ai’ really hesitant to go anything but Toyota.  They are the PING of the Auto industry. Not flashy, but they just work. 

• Like 2

:titelist-small: TSi1 Aldila Ascent 40G shaft

:titelist-small: TSi2 18 FW with GD AD IZ 6 Shaft

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 and 23 degree hybrids Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T300 5-P Tensei  R flex shaft 1/4 long 

:titelist-small: SM8 48F/54/58 D Grinds 

:ping-small: Tyne 4 

:titelist-small: ProV1X Play number 12

10 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Unfortunately. I’m having to revive this thread.  At the worst time ever for a buyer, I’m in the position of having to get a new vehicle in the next month.

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

But if anyone can make a solid case for Hyundai Tucson or Samte Fe Hybrid, I will listen. 

But after my current issue, ai’ really hesitant to go anything but Toyota.  They are the PING of the Auto industry. Not flashy, but they just work. 

I cannot make the case for either of them, as we just picked up two chevy's earlier this year.

The wife is loving her Equinox and I am really enjoying the Blazer.

I do also get the appeal for Toyota's, they are great vehicles, and if I was to pick one it would be the highlander.

Good luck with the car shopping Rob.

• Like 2

My Reviews:

2021 Official Review - Tommy Armour Impact 3 Putter

2020 Official Member Review - BagBoy Chiller Cart Bag

Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Honma TR21 4 Wood - Unofficial Review by xOldBenKenobiX

Work in Progress... Stix Golf - Wood and Putter set unofficial review.

Driver - :cobra-small: Cobra SpeedZone Xtreme 10.5, UST helium 5  Wood - :honma:TR21 4 Wood, Vizard 20-60 shaft. :titelist-small:  - AP1 714 5 to PW, with UST  Mamiya Recoil 65 DART F3 Graphite shafts. Wedges  :vokey-small: SM4 48*, Oil Can 52*, SM5 56* and SM6 58*, PutterTommy Armour 2019 Impact 3 TA 2021 Impact 2. Ball   :titelist-small:  ProV1, :Arccos: Smart Sensors. Shoes: a couple :footjoy-small: A couple of:nike-small: A couple of Adidas ,   Yeah I have a shoe addiction.:SuperSpeed: Started at 79mph, finished 1st stage at 91mph

20200728_121856.jpg.9cf8a7d26ca1096e8d390a8c2f59b6c2.jpg

Honestly Rob, check out Kia, Hyundai's cousin. Best warranty, 10 year/100,000 miles and now having had mine for a couple of weeks, best bang for the buck. Yes, it's not a yota, but it's very comparable.

• Like 3

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

RAV4 Hybrid

2021  Venza

Highlander Hybrid

probably the XLE Trims. 

I can't "make a case" for the Hyundai hybrids as hybrids are new to their SUV models (though they've had hybrid sedans since the 2011 Sonata). But after driving everything you mention, and after personal experience with 1 Subaru, 5 Hondas and 3 Toyotas - I put a deposit on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited, delivery scheduled by 11/29.

The Tucson Hybrid was fun to drive with loads of tech and safety assist systems, an upscale interior for the price, and you can't beat the warranties or the value. It's a little smaller than I would have liked, but I didn't need to pony up another $2K plus for a very slightly larger Santa Fe Hybrid. I've asked every friend and neighbor with a Hyundai what they think, and every one of them has been very pleased. The new Hyundais are way more interesting IMO, they're not generic "me too" products anymore. And the online reviews, YouTube and others, are excellent. I can't wait to take delivery!

I also drove a Santa Fe Hybrid and a Sorrento Plug In Hybrid and if I needed more space, I would have bought one of them...didn't need the space so why spend another $2K.

YOU SHOULD GO DRIVE A HYUNDAI OR A KIA and judge for yourself. Why not? If you don't choose either, nothing lost.

• Like 4
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

Second TRANSMISSION about to be put into the Subaru Ascent I have as a company vehicle. Not good…

FYI, had to replace the windshield, and the “eyes” the car uses had to be reset. INSANE what Safelite charged for that!!! No way I would ever buy a Subaru after what I’ve been through with a brand new one that now has just over 66,000 miles. Cost of upkeep is RIDICULOUS. Thank goodness the company pays for it all!!!

• Like 3

Driver: :cobra-small: King F9 Speedback/:callaway-small:Epic Max LS, Xphlexxx Busa 2 Liquid, XX stiff, 45”

Fwy:  :callaway-small: Epic Speed 4w, MMT 80X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 105X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4-10, :Nippon: Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

All but putter have Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid Calibrate midsize built to oversize +1

2 hours ago, MattF said:

Honestly Rob, check out Kia, Hyundai's cousin. Best warranty, 10 year/100,000 miles and now having had mine for a couple of weeks, best bang for the buck. Yes, it's not a yota, but it's very comparable.

My Sister in Law has her 2nd Kia, the first was totaled about 6 months ago.   She loves them. Here's the thing about Kia and Hyundai.  They both make great looking and tech filled cars for the price.  The warranty is the best out there by far.  

All that said, I need to be confident my next vehicle is going to last a minimum of 10 years with no major issues.  I probably have 6 years left of full time working, so whatever I buy will be paid off by then.  And my driving will be greatly reduced.  I don't really expect it to be my last car, but hopefully 2nd to last car, and to last at least 10 years, then I can trade it and buy m final car possibly without financing anything, since I won't be working, well at least not full time.

I got burned by going with FORD this time, which I had hear greatly improved it's quality.  Well obviously Quality was not Job 1 in the case of this SUV, which by the way ranked very high in the Consumer Reports Testing. 

So if I go with Kia or Hyndai and something happens and it is giving me issue after issue in 5 to 6 years, then I will have nobody to blame but myself. 

It's kind of like hitting a hybrid (no pun intended) off the tee instead of driver.  It's the safe play.

2 hours ago, Middler said:

I can't "make a case" for the Hyundai hybrids as hybrids are new to their SUV models (though they've had hybrid sedans since the 2011 Sonata). But after driving everything you mention, and after personal experience with 1 Subaru, 5 Hondas and 3 Toyotas - I put a deposit on a 2022 Hyundai Tucson Hybrid Limited, delivery scheduled by 11/29.

The Tucson Hybrid was fun to drive with loads of tech and safety assist systems, an upscale interior for the price, and you can't beat the warranties or the value. It's a little smaller than I would have liked, but I didn't need to pony up another $2K plus for a very slightly larger Santa Fe Hybrid. I've asked every friend and neighbor with a Hyundai what they think, and every one of them has been very pleased. The new Hyundais are way more interesting IMO, they're not generic "me too" products anymore. And the online reviews, YouTube and others, are excellent. I can't wait to take delivery!

I also drove a Santa Fe Hybrid and a Sorrento Plug In Hybrid and if I needed more space, I would have bought one of them...didn't need the space so why spend another $2K.

YOU SHOULD GO DRIVE A HYUNDAI OR A KIA and judge for yourself. Why not? If you don't choose either, nothing lost.

I have driven the Hyndai Tuscon and really really liked it.  They have some more coming in the next week or two and he said, he will let me know when it's there to drive.

See my above comments about how much I like their tech and bells and whistles for the price, and like you even though I'm 6'4" I found it to be large enough for me (I sat in a 2021 on the lot which he says are the exact same size) 

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content.  Then I took the Highlander XLE ouut and oh man what a difference, in both ride, sound and just quality of the drive.   I had a Highlander from 2006 to 2016 until it was in an accident.   The new ones are so much more plush and tech filled than that one was.   

I haven't eliminated the Hyundai yet.  But I am very hesitant to go away from what I know after my disaster with this Edge.  Which I bought for a lot of the same reasons I just listed about liking the Tuscon. 

• Like 1

We have been a Toyota family for years. Recently bought a 2018 Honda CRV. Love it. Gave our 2010 RAV4 to our son.

• Like 3

Titleist TSI3 8°, Xcaliber Avalon 6 tour stiff, tipped 1", D3 surefit and H2, D5 SW, 45 3/8", PING G425 LST 3 wood, set at 13.5° Xcaliber Avalon T6*, tipped 1 1/4" 43 1/2", D4, Maltby KE4 FDI 19° (bent to 17°)Modus 120S 3 iron shaft,

Maltby TS-1 irons, Modus 120X soft stepped once, 4-6, Dynamic Gold Sensicore x100 7-pw, D4, 2° flat

Cleveland RTX Zipcore wedges, black satin, 50°, 54°, 58°

Ping TR series Anser 5, 33", 2° flat, 1.5° strong

Tp5x pix

3 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content. 

Isn't this the tag line for the RAV4?

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 9° Project X HZRDUS Black HAND-CRAFTED Wood Shaft - Spargo Golf Smoke Black 70g 6.5 (2021 Official Review) | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° :Fuji: Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Motors Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Chemical industry Mitsubishi  Rayon Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, mitsubishi, blue, company png |  PNGEgg Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:mizuno-small: JPX 919 HM Pro  5 - PW  :Fuji:  Pro Tour Spec 115i Stiff | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS-logo - KZG Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :titelist-small: - Pro V1x | Right Handed

Tracked by :ShotScope:

7 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

Isn't this the tag line for the RAV4?

Ha..Toyota can send me a consulting fee 🙂

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

I have driven the Hyndai Tuscon and really really liked it.  They have some more coming in the next week or two and he said, he will let me know when it's there to drive.

My first thought was going to be a RAV4 Hybrid, and I drove it and it felt "fine"  Figured I could live with it and be content.  Then I took the Highlander XLE ouut and oh man what a difference, in both ride, sound and just quality of the drive.   I had a Highlander from 2006 to 2016 until it was in an accident.   The new ones are so much more plush and tech filled than that one was.   

I haven't eliminated the Hyundai yet.  But I am very hesitant to go away from what I know after my disaster with this Edge.  Which I bought for a lot of the same reasons I just listed about liking the Tuscon. 

May be of zero interest but FWIW.

You haven't mentioned AWD, but if that's an option you like, the RAV4 for sure and the Highlander I think have electronic AWD - not true AWD like the Hyundais and most other AWD systems. The latter is more sure footed using an actual differential between front and back whereas the Toyotas have an engine a electric motor up front and just an electric motor at the rear - so it's arguably a virtual AWD. It's competent enough in most situations, but not as good off-road as a true AWD system.

Good luck, I've had 3 Toyotas and they were some of the best vehicles we've owned.

• Like 2
  • Callaway Rogue 10.5° & 3W
  • Mizuno CLK 3H 19°, JPX900 Forged 4-GW, S18 56.10, S18 60.06
  • Evnroll ER5B ER2
  • Maxfli Tour Snell MTB-Black
  • Ping Pioneer - MGI Zip Navigator AT

52 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

My Sister in Law has her 2nd Kia, the first was totaled about 6 months ago.   She loves them. Here's the thing about Kia and Hyundai.  They both make great looking and tech filled cars for the price.  The warranty is the best out there by far.  

All that said, I need to be confident my next vehicle is going to last a minimum of 10 years with no major issues.  I probably have 6 years left of full time working, so whatever I buy will be paid off by then.  And my driving will be greatly reduced.  I don't really expect it to be my last car, but hopefully 2nd to last car, and to last at least 10 years, then I can trade it and buy m final car possibly without financing anything, since I won't be working, well at least not full time.

I got burned by going with FORD this time, which I had hear greatly improved it's quality.  Well obviously Quality was not Job 1 in the case of this SUV, which by the way ranked very high in the Consumer Reports Testing. 

So if I go with Kia or Hyndai and something happens and it is giving me issue after issue in 5 to 6 years, then I will have nobody to blame but myself. 

It's kind of like hitting a hybrid (no pun intended) off the tee instead of driver.  It's the safe play.

See my above comments about how much I like their tech and bells and whistles for the price, and like you even though I'm 6'4" I found it to be large enough for me (I sat in a 2021 on the lot which he says are the exact same size) 

I have 2018 Rav 4 hybrid. Its nice 30 mpg AWD (but not great) and it fits my family of 4 and our stuff. Personally I don't know if I will buy anything other than a Toyota. This is the 5th Toyota I have owned. Currently have prius, camry and the rav, all over 100k and the only I have had to fix is tires and oil changes. 

• Like 4

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             3 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                    ZX7 4-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey SM8 59 04 L  (KBS 610)

:scotty-cameron-1:                Special Select SquareBack 2 33"

:titelist-small:                     ProV1

Twitter                     @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

4 hours ago, Middler said:

May be of zero interest but FWIW.

You haven't mentioned AWD, but if that's an option you like, the RAV4 for sure and the Highlander I think have electronic AWD - not true AWD like the Hyundais and most other AWD systems. The latter is more sure footed using an actual differential between front and back whereas the Toyotas have an engine a electric motor up front and just an electric motor at the rear - so it's arguably a virtual AWD. It's competent enough in most situations, but not as good off-road as a true AWD system.

Good luck, I've had 3 Toyotas and they were some of the best vehicles we've owned.

I hear you on the AWD.  I am looking for it.  Here in the Mid Atlantic, it's nice to have we don't get many 30" snow storms, but mostly the 2 to 5 inch stuff.   And even then, I'm limited in the amount I need to drive in that, I can work from home when that happens.

I do know the Highlander has more of a true AWD than the RAV. I have watched many of the videos by AMD on The Car Care Nut.  He is a Toyota Master Technician of over 20 years.  He is basically the Ian Frasier of mechanics from what I've seen 🙂

And he will pull no punches when there is something critical to say about Toyota, he will do it with no hesitancy.   So to me that gives him huge credibility in what he says.   So I rely on him for a lot of stuff that is basically a foreign language to me..ha

3 hours ago, THEZIPR23 said:

I have 2018 Rav 4 hybrid. Its nice 30 mpg AWD (but not great) and it fits my family of 4 and our stuff. Personally I don't know if I will buy anything other than a Toyota. This is the 5th Toyota I have owned. Currently have prius, camry and the rav, all over 100k and the only I have had to fix is tires and oil changes. 

Yep, I think I mentioned above, all the models I've had over the past 40 years.  And only been in a non Toyota for 3 of those years...the past 3 😞

• Like 3

Bought a Bronco Sport for SWMBO…….

great ride, great mileage(24-26 mph), plenty of room.

• Like 3

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft 

Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3-4W(16*), 5-6W(20*) both w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft and Patriot 7W w/AccuLaunch 60 by Accuflex

Hybrid: Cobra F8 3 Hybrid(19*) w/Recoil ES regular shaft 

Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts 

Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  

Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 w/Evnroll Gravity Grip 

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black).  

Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Ball: Maxfli Tour CG & Titleist Pro V1x.

I'm picking up my GLE Coupe Hybrid next week... so excited!

And while installing the wallbox in my garage, the guy told me it was just a few bucks more for a wallbox with 2 chargers, so why not? So what do I do after having 2 chargers?

That's right, I'm selling my Mazda CX-5 and getting an Audi Q4 e-tron Sportback. This one will be used mainly to go to work, so just charging every couple of weeks at home will suffice.

Look at this beauty! Throw the kids in the GLE and this will be my "bachelor" ride lol

image.png.a01c473d62e642170fdf38a789f06b30.png

• Like 3

12 hours ago, fozcycle said:

Bought a Bronco Sport for SWMBO…….

great ride, great mileage(24-26 mph), plenty of room.

I looked at them but for me, they were too small in the cargo area. The full sized Bronco doesn't come out until next year.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0

Hybrid: :Sub70: 949X Pro 2 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939X 3 Hybrid Project X Even Flow Riptide 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

EV's won't work for us until they have fast charging stations right off the highway from Ohio to Florida. Hybrids on the other hand are very tempting - especially those that don't require premium gas. 

• Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy