Our Sponsors

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Played another round of Classic golf today. While it wasn't my best performance, I was joined on the course by the World's Greatest Caddy.  It's been a while since my wife joined me for a round a

Welcome to the 2020 Classic Bag Challenge! Do you have an old set of clubs in storage you've wanted to take out play? Here's your chance. You'll be competing for the top prize of a dozen personalized

I've been silently watching this thread envious of some of the clubs you guys are hitting. I tried trawling eBay and Goodwill, but I didn't see much that excited me. Anyway, my wife wanted to get

Posted Images

I played another nine holes at Chatata Valley in Cleveland TN today and it was a lot better round than last time. I played from the silver tees that rate at 70.4/114 and a 26.2 handicap. 

I shot a 55 and was happy that I lost only one ball. I pulled one in the 7th that went in some high grass and I couldn't find it. The driver was the start of the show today, I was hitting it better than I ever have. My putting wasn't horrible, either, with 21 putts and only 3 3 putts. My irons and wedges were not quite on point as I think I was having a tempo issue. Ah, the joys of being a high capper. I went to the range afterward and hit the PW, 7I, and 5I so much better than during the round. 

Best of all, I didn't hit one or five balls into the pond on 9. They had the silver tees beside it.20201115_152617-01.jpeg.8db12914c6dd97bfe8bca4300675c7f9.jpeg

Mind you, I can hit one in it from there. I've seen my share of balls go sideways. 

The silver tees don't have a slope or rating for nine on the USGA website, but the other four ones do. If I calculated right, I ended up with a 43.384 for the round. 

I didn't try the 2 iron flop shot this round, but I tried it the previous one and skulled both attempts so bad. I was hoping to wear my classic inspired outfit today, but I was expecting wet conditions and although it rained at my house ten minutes away, it was dry there. 

• Like 7

image.png.3018bfeb0757adabe2cd1f7188217889.png

• Like 2

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (16*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
4 Wood (17*) - :callaway-logo-1: Big Bertha S2H2 - RCH 90 "Firm"
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
GW - LW - :cobra-small: F8 - N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour105 ( S )
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Black)
Ball -  :srixon-small: Z-Star XV
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

9 hours ago, HardcoreLooper said:

image.png.3018bfeb0757adabe2cd1f7188217889.png

Nice round, dude. 🙂

• Like 2

Driver: TM Original One 11.5* set to 10*, Aldila RIP Alpha 80 X, 43.5"
3w:  Cobra King LTD, Matrix 8m3 X, 42"
2h or 3h:  TaylorMade Stage 2 Tour, Aldila NV105 S
Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS
LW:  Maltby Design 60*, 1.05 sole, DGS; Maltby Design 60* 1.05 sole, NV105
Putter:  Snake Eyes Viper Tour Sv1, 34"
Ball:  Wilson Staff Duo Professional, or TM TP5

16 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I played another nine holes at Chatata Valley in Cleveland TN today and it was a lot better round than last time. I played from the silver tees that rate at 70.4/114 and a 26.2 handicap. 

I shot a 55 and was happy that I lost only one ball. I pulled one in the 7th that went in some high grass and I couldn't find it. The driver was the start of the show today, I was hitting it better than I ever have. My putting wasn't horrible, either, with 21 putts and only 3 3 putts. My irons and wedges were not quite on point as I think I was having a tempo issue. Ah, the joys of being a high capper. I went to the range afterward and hit the PW, 7I, and 5I so much better than during the round. 

Best of all, I didn't hit one or five balls into the pond on 9. They had the silver tees beside it.20201115_152617-01.jpeg.8db12914c6dd97bfe8bca4300675c7f9.jpeg

Mind you, I can hit one in it from there. I've seen my share of balls go sideways. 

The silver tees don't have a slope or rating for nine on the USGA website, but the other four ones do. If I calculated right, I ended up with a 43.384 for the round. 

I didn't try the 2 iron flop shot this round, but I tried it the previous one and skulled both attempts so bad. I was hoping to wear my classic inspired outfit today, but I was expecting wet conditions and although it rained at my house ten minutes away, it was dry there. 

It's November and you are playing golf... 👍.

• Like 4

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver | Official 2019 MGS Tester

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:ping-small: G410 Irons 4-UW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:ping-small: B61 Putter

28 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

It's November and you are playing golf... 👍.

Got love Tennessee weather. Was in the 60's last week and other than the next two days in the 50's it is going back into the mid 60's. for the rest of the week. 

• Like 3

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

17 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

Best of all, I didn't hit one or five balls into the pond on 9. They had the silver tees beside it........

Tiger could have used the silver tees on 12 yesterday!!  😵  I loved how he followed it up with all the birdies!

• Like 2

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

43 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

Got love Tennessee weather. Was in the 60's last week and other than the next two days in the 50's it is going back into the mid 60's. for the rest of the week. 

We going to reach 90 mid week here in AZ... oh the horror of it 🤣.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

Nice round, dude. 🙂

Contestants, don't forget about the "best classic attire" challenge/award.

• Like 3

On 11/16/2020 at 11:22 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I have an outfit I've been planning to wear for this, nothing nice and outlandish, but hopefully something period appropriate. It was too warm the first go round and the second round I was afraid the course would be muddy. I took some whitener to my shoes and probably would have had a fit if I had gotten them nasty the first round out with them. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it this weekend. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, sirchunksalot said:

I have an outfit I've been planning to wear for this, nothing nice and outlandish, but hopefully something period appropriate. It was too warm the first go round and the second round I was afraid the course would be muddy. I took some whitener to my shoes and probably would have had a fit if I had gotten them nasty the first round out with them. Hopefully I'll be able to wear it this weekend. 

Pics or it never happened 😉.  

• Like 3

On 11/16/2020 at 10:22 AM, fixyurdivot said:

I couldn't do this, sorry.  LOL

• Like 1

Irons:  3-PW Mizuno MP37, Recoil Proto 125 F4 (reshaft in progress, slowly); 1-PW Vibration Matched Golden Rams, RIP Tour 115 R (reshaft project); 1i & 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
GW: Dynacraft Dual Milled CNC 52*, DGS300; Scratch 8620 DS 53*, Steelfiber 125 S
SW:  Ram TG-898 56*, DGX ss2x; Ram Tom Watson 55*, DGX ss2x; Wilson Staff PMP 58*, DGS; Golden Ram TW276, DGS; Golden Ram TW282, DGS; Ram Troon Grind 56*, DGS

1 hour ago, NRJyzr said:

I couldn't do this, sorry.  LOL

I'll bet you can carry it off... this guy did 😉.

The 75 Best Dressed Men of All Time | Golf outfit, Mens golf fashion, Golf  inspiration

Extra points for plaid polyester bell bottoms!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Not sure if I'm going to be able to participate this go'round or not.  Our illustrious governor here in NM has shut our State down, once again, as of this past Monday thru the end of the Month.  This shut down also includes all Golf Courses and Tennis Courts, which are two of the best "social distance" type sports around.  Knowing her, she'll keep us locked down thru December and hit the Trifecta of ruining Thanksgiving AND Christmas for us (she took out Easter back in April).  

Anyway, I could be done for the year golfing, which happens to be some of the best weather for it here in Albuquerque. 

I'm enjoying reading about everyone else's adventures tho.  

• Sad 4

Wishon Single Length 7-AW w/ Veylix Alpina shafts

Acer 7w / 11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Patriot Golf BMT Heater 10.5 Driver

Ray Cook Silver Ray 595 

Bag Boy Nitron Cart

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

11 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'll bet you can carry it off... this guy did 😉.

The 75 Best Dressed Men of All Time | Golf outfit, Mens golf fashion, Golf  inspiration

Extra points for plaid polyester bell bottoms!

I can think of a couple immediate issues there....

One, Arnold Palmer was former military, and was still in very good shape in his prime golf years.  I'm an overweight 50something.

Two, I was playing 80s-90s retro golf, with my Golden Rams and Zing Blondes.  I don't know if we need to revive *those* fashion trends in an overweight old guy who's losing/lost his hair.

At least the 90s were baggy clothes.  Not the most unflattering for an overweight dude, right?  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, Silverhorn43 said:

Not sure if I'm going to be able to participate this go'round or not.  Our illustrious governor here in NM has shut our State down, once again, as of this past Monday thru the end of the Month.  This shut down also includes all Golf Courses and Tennis Courts, which are two of the best "social distance" type sports around.  Knowing her, she'll keep us locked down thru December and hit the Trifecta of ruining Thanksgiving AND Christmas for us (she took out Easter back in April).  

Anyway, I could be done for the year golfing, which happens to be some of the best weather for it here in Albuquerque. 

I'm enjoying reading about everyone else's adventures tho.  

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying reading the thread and I'm really sorry to hear you  might not get to participate in the challenge. I'm planning on doing another in the spring when the weather will permit more people to get involved. 

I agree, golf is one of the best ways to stay active and still be able to distance yourself safely in these crazy times. I've noticed the golf course being more crowded than I've ever seen, and it's such a good opportunity to grow this great game. 

Thank you so much for following along with us. It means a lot. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sirchunksalot said:

I'm glad to hear you're enjoying reading the thread and I'm really sorry to hear you  might not get to participate in the challenge. I'm planning on doing another in the spring when the weather will permit more people to get involved. 

I agree, golf is one of the best ways to stay active and still be able to distance yourself safely in these crazy times. I've noticed the golf course being more crowded than I've ever seen, and it's such a good opportunity to grow this great game. 

Thank you so much for following along with us. It means a lot. 

We had a total of no one, nada, not another soul on the course yesterday at Coyote Wash.  We played 18 holes in 2:26!  I did manage to bounce a drive into a fairway mower.  He had his earpods in, felt the whack on his thigh, and the ball bounce ahead.  That was the only person we saw until hitting the parking lot.  

• Like 5
  • Love 1

19 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

We had a total of no one, nada, not another soul on the course yesterday at Coyote Wash.  We played 18 holes in 2:26!  I did manage to bounce a drive into a fairway mower.  He had his earpods in, felt the whack on his thigh, and the ball bounce ahead.  That was the only person we saw until hitting the parking lot.  

Man, that's my kind of day!!

• Like 3

Wishon Single Length 7-AW w/ Veylix Alpina shafts

Acer 7w / 11w w/ LAGP Reign Silver Shafts

Patriot Golf BMT Heater 10.5 Driver

Ray Cook Silver Ray 595 

Bag Boy Nitron Cart

Bag Boy Chiller Cart Bag

State Director  (NM)  Bugles Across America - Proudly and Humbly Sounding Live Taps for our Nations Hero's. 

NMDVS Military Honors Patch Email.jpg

I was able to get in another nine holes today. Nothing really special, shot a 59 at Chatata Valley playing from the White tees today with a nine hole handicap/slope of 34.5/118. If I did the math correctly that should come out to a score of 46.716. 

I got paired with a man and his son-in-law and the son-in-law was playing just his second ever round of golf. I was honored to be able to play along with someone new to the game and hope I was able to encourage him. 

My driver was on, I didn't lose a ball. I was pulling it a bit, and hit one that hooked for days. My irons were not playing nice, but I guess that happens when my swing is terrible. I nearly chipped a couple in, and my putter was solid. 

• Like 6

Got to play 9 this afternoon with the old wilson's (and Hogan 3w)...  Even back in the 70's I was lead taping!   😆

20201122_134743.jpg.6ad93555a4e8447db7594342bc757eab.jpg

The Wilson bag was a find on FB Marketplace a couple months ago.  I even dug out the old bag boy cart from the upstairs of the garage for the occasion....

20201122_134824.jpg.dbc54220cf797fbeb592932fc4d30789.jpg

Putter used was one of the old Bullseye's ... and i had a few old balls I found in various buckets....real old top flite, titleist Pro 100 & Pro 90, DT Wound 90.

20201122_135619.jpg.55ef7ebed829d8919d061b22922d4e9c.jpg

Hit a few on the range before starting.... the driver head almost looks like a hybrid behind the ball!

20201122_134251.jpg.b748b8ad8d0dfd9171b5bc7130401509.jpg

The old dried out grips are an issue, I felt like I had a death grip trying to hold the club.  They will be replaced.  The other major feel issue is how thin the grip is on the driver.  I felt like I was holding a pencil.

2 doubles to start out then 2 bogeys and 5 pars on the other holes.  getting the iron yardage figured out took half the round.  The driver was going about 220, 5 iron about 145.  The best shots were fairway woods...A pured 5W that was too long for a par 3 and flew the green, another pured 5w that ended up running over the green and a frozen rope Hogan 3w that punched a hillside on the front of the green and hopped up to 12'!   Sadly it was a 2 putt par.

20201122_154759.jpg.0660729e115b2bc2ca087ebea424ba19.jpg

The old balls definitely took some yardage off the shots.  I hit a couple balls off most tees since i was waiting behind a couple two-somes and compared to the old top flite or titleist professional 100 a new snell mtbx gave 20 more yards.

I pulled a drive into the trees on the 2nd hole and was able to shape a right to left shot fairly easily with a 7i running it up the fairway toward the green.  Those old blades felt great!

• Like 4

Modern Bag:  Ping G410+ 9*, Accra TourZ X265 M5;  Callaway Mavrik 16.5* 4W, EvenFlow Riptide 6.0 S 70g;  Mizuno JPX 919 HMP 4i, PX LZ 6.0;  Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 5 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Cleveland Tour Action 49*, 53*, 57*; PX LZ 6.5 ;  Ping Heppler Fetch;  Ball - Snell MTB-X; Bag - Sun Mountain H2NO 

Classic Bag:  Driver - Wilson Staff Persimmon; 3w - Hogan Speed Slot; 5w - Wilson Staff Tour Block; 3 - pw - Staff Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.