Sub 70 Golf

Our Sponsors

For those that have tested or purchased Sub 70 golf equipment:

What have you purchased & were you pleased with it?

If you could do it all over, would you make the same purchase or go a different route? 

thanks for any feedback! 

• Like 1

Driver: Tour Edge EXS

3 wood: Tour Edge HL4 

Utility Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth

Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth 15

Wedges: Ben Hogan Equalizer

putter: Odyssey Triple Track TeN 

I was a Sub 70 699 Pro tester. To sum it up, if I was asked to return the clubs after the testing, I would have paid to keep them. If their driver, faiway woods, and hybrid perform as well, ( I did see good reviews on those as well) I would look to demo them.  If they work as well for me during the demo then that would be what I would purchase when I'm in the market to change the top end of my set.

I really like the demo program approach. Try before you buy and it only costs you $20.00 Not sure if they have much for lefty demo's. You'll have to check.

• Like 2

:ping-small: Driver, G400 11* SR Flex

:taylormade-small: 3 Wood, SLDR 17*  R Flex

:taylormade-small: 5 Wood, SLDR 19* R Flex

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, F6 22.5* R Flex

:Sub70: Irons, 699 Pro's S Flex (5 - AW)

:cleveland-small: Wedges, CBX 56* & 60*

:odyssey-small: Putter, Marksman Fang 35"

31 minutes ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

I was a Sub 70 699 Pro tester. To sum it up, if I was asked to return the clubs after the testing, I would have paid to keep them. If their driver, faiway woods, and hybrid perform as well, ( I did see good reviews on those as well) I would look to demo them.  If they work as well for me during the demo then that would be what I would purchase when I'm in the market to change the top end of my set.

I really like the demo program approach. Try before you buy and it only costs you $20.00 Not sure if they have much for lefty demo's. You'll have to check.

Thanks! I’m a lefty but play right!

Here are some links to full Sub70 review of the 699 Pro irons from members here. There might be another review thread but I can't seem to find it. Someone a bit more familiar with all the threads can correct me if I am wrong. I have not tried them bit have heard great things, will for sure give them a try in the future.

• Like 1

Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

Cobra Golf Vector Logo - (.SVG   .PNG) - FindVectorLogo.Com Cobra Speedzone Extreme 9° Mitshubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Stiff Flex

:taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff Flex

:titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300

:cleveland-small: CG16 56°/12 Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 60° 2 Dot Stock Traction Steel Wedge Flex

:ping-small:  Karsten Series Anser Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0

Right Handed

4 hours ago, lefty2010 said:

For those that have tested or purchased Sub 70 golf equipment:

What have you purchased & were you pleased with it?

If you could do it all over, would you make the same purchase or go a different route? 

thanks for any feedback! 

Absolutely love my 699 irons. I utilized their demo program and hit both the 699 and 699 pro and found that the 699 irons were right with my game. After multiple calls with Jason (CEO) and Mike (sales) I was able to complete my order with the appropriate shafts and grips. They have the best customer service in golf and I really enjoy the clubs. Wouldn't change a thing at all.

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts! I’ve already talked to Jason about what direction I want to go with the irons, but was just getting wanting to see what everyone had to say before I pulled the trigger and ordered them! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sub 70 are shockingly good!  I bought the 639 MB's in Black and got the combo set with the CB's.  The MB's felt so good and were surprisingly forgiving, so I asked to switch my 6 and 7 iron to the MB's.  I also got the 699 Pro Utility 3 iron.  I am beyond impressed with these guys.  Jason spent 40 minutes on the phone talking me through shaft choice for irons and Utility iron.  My specs are spot on and you feel like these guys take pride in customer service and making quality products.  Do yourselves a favor and give these guys a shot with the demo program.  

• Like 1

I've had 3 of the hybrids for several months and they are the real deal.  I'm testing the CB irons right now and they are really good also with great turf interaction.  So high praise from me.  Great company to deal with and being able to talk to the owner on the phone, etc is awesome.   Excellent customer service.  

• Like 1

TM M4  

EPIC 15*

Sub70 hybids

Titleist T200 5-GW 

Vokey SM8  54

Vokey SM8 58

PXG Operator H 

I have their 739 irons. They are their game improvement irons. I am really pleased with them. I had my most rounds in the 80s this year. They were also so great to work with. I will definitely consider them again.

D- Cobra F7

3w- Adams Tight Lies 2 16

Hybrid- Cobra F8 19 degree 

Irons- Sub 70 739 5-PW

Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50,54,58

Putter- Tour Edge Hp Nickkel Chrome Series 1

Ball- Titleist DT Trusoft 

I'm playing the 699 Pro's with the Project X 5.5 graphite shafts.   I also purchased a 699U 2 iron that's an absolute rocket launcher from them. 

I went over and over what I was looking for in my irons with Jason and I couldn't be happier with the results.  I have no issue recommending Sub70.  While they definately want to sell you clubs, they are going to make sure you are happy with the clubs you get, and are results focused.  

Best customer service I've ever dealt with in any industry.  

bag.jpg

Edited by JDGAFFLIN
Missed a point I wanted to add.
  • Like 2