TESTERS WANTED! ×

Sub 70 Golf

On 5/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

I was considering/debating going with Sub70 before reading this thread but what I'm seeing here has me sold.  Thanks for all the inciteful input from everyone.

@GolfSub70 I will be giving you guys a call tomorrow!!

Well it took a little longer than it should have to call them (stupid life issues!!) but I finally pulled the trigger.  Shane @GolfSub70 was a tremendous help and was great to talk to and listened to my ramblings.  Thanks Shane.

I shall soon have a new set of 699's headed my way.  Can't wait.  First new set of irons since the turn of the century!! 🤣

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

I know I'm late to this post, but my son has had the 939x hybrid and fairway for 6+ months and they perform as good as any other properly fit hybrid/fairway, but at a much lower cost.  The paint on the soles has worn faster than big OEM clubs, but it's not something you see at address or has any role in performance.  We may pick up a 4h or 4 utility for him in the near future.

I like the look of 699 irons, but they aren't the style iron I prefer to play and I can't stand the fish scale milling on all the others.  It looks especially bad to me when on the same head as straight milled lines. 

Edited by crw

Ogio Woode 8 Hybrid Stand Bag
PXG 0811 X Gen4 @ 6* - Fujikura Motore X F3 7X
PXG 0211 @ 13.5* - Fujikura Motore X F1 8X
PXG 0311 XP Gen3 3i-PW - PX LZ 6.5
PXG 0311 Forged 54/60 - PX LZ 6.5
Scotty Cameron Special Select Newport 2

• 3 weeks later...

I have one range session and one round of golf with my new Sub 70 3+ wood. I want to take it to Toptracer to compare to my Ping driver, but from feel on the course, I was not losing much when pulling the 3 wood. That has always been my "fairway finder"...

I ordered a Hybrid 6 iron, to fill in a gap, so a second Sub 70 is on the way...

Will Melvin

As documented elsewhere on the forum (What did you practice today thread), I have developed issues swinging my irons over the past few weeks and, as luck would have it, a bit before my Sub 70 demo clubs arrived.  A few days ago, Sub 70 sent me an email with my the UPS label for returning the demo clubs and to check in with how I liked them. I sent Sub 70 a note this morning noting that I would be sending them back today/tomorrow but would likely demo them again once I had semblance of decent form once again.  Sub 70 responded offering to let me keep the clubs for a bit longer to continue to get a feel for them.  The Sub 70 customer experience continues to be exceptional. Thank you Sub 70!

:Sub70: 849D with Evenflow Riptide (stiff)

:taylormade-small: V Steel 3 & 5 woods

:Sub70: 699U 3 (19.5*) 

:Sub70: 939X 4H 

:Sub70:  699 (4-6) / 699 Pro (7-PW) with KBS Tour 120 shafts (stiff)

:Sub70: 286 Wedge (50 degrees)

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 (56 degrees)

:EVNROLL: ER8v with Fujikura MC shaft (firm)

:maxfli: Tour 

:1590477705_SunMountain: 2023 2.5+ / :nike-small: University of Miami Stand Bag

:BagBoy: Nitron - Forum Test Review

:ShotScope: Pro L2

Garmin S10

They just understand golf......that is what makes helping golfers easy for them.  JMHO

:Sub70:    849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 60g 

:tour-edge:   EXS 7wood  Tensei Blue R

:Sub70:    699 4-7i   USTRecoil 660 F3 R

:Sub70:    699 Pro 8-AW  USTRecoil 660 F3 R    

:Sub70:   JB Forged 54 and JB Forged 58 Full Face

:Sub70:    TAll Wide Blade putter

:918457628_PrecisionPro: NX9

Grint_Shield_Logo.svg The Grint Pro

On 5/26/2021 at 9:32 AM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Well it took a little longer than it should have to call them (stupid life issues!!) but I finally pulled the trigger.  Shane @GolfSub70 was a tremendous help and was great to talk to and listened to my ramblings.  Thanks Shane.

I shall soon have a new set of 699's headed my way.  Can't wait.  First new set of irons since the turn of the century!! 🤣

Delivery scheduled today!  Hopefully there is a nice new box of goodies waiting for me when I get home from work.

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: 4 Hybrid

:Sub70: 699 5-Aw; KBS Tour-V 90 Stiff

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

I'd like to throw in my recent and previous experiences. I've been gaming the set of 699 pros for a few months now. I love them. They are definitely in the "power bat" variety of irons. They come out hot and high and won't spin a ton. Any iron like this will definitely net you some massive fliers from the rough, so you need to learn how they react and actually club down occasionally in thicker rough. I can't see doing better for the money. I originally got the 4-AW but removed the AW and replaced it. The shape and type of iron wasn't working well for me in a 50 degree. I gave it to a buddy and it's now his favorite club for what that's worth. 

I just received the 004 putter. I was previously gaming the MGS favorite Tommy Armour Impact original and was looking for a nicer version of that putter. That's exactly how I'd describe the 004. The TA seemed to perform pretty well for me, but it was lacking the higher end feel. The 004 is wonderful. It came with 4 sets of weights, an adjustment tool, and a nice and unique looking head cover (Velcro unfortunately). With my 30 or so living room putts, I can tell I will love it. 

It was a bit of a leap of faith, though. It's really hard to even find an accurate image of what their putters will look like. The stock photos from the website aren't great. I wasn't really sure what I was even getting. Of course, like most experiences with Sub 70, they beat your expectations by a mile. I simultaneously hate that I can't find information and love that I discovered a hidden gem. It sounds like they are doing incredibly well with their minimal marketing and I totally respect that, but I wish there were some actual images next to a golf ball to look at. 

My next leap of faith is the pro 13 degree 3 wood that will (hopefully) replace my driver altogether. I already tee my 16.5 degree TM m4 HL 3 wood on nearly every hole. I'm hoping to hit some absolute bullets with this one. The deals they have are just insane. The shaft they offer would literally cost $75+ and I paid $154 for an entire new wood. I was looking at used 3+ woods on ebay for more and thought why not go with Sub 70 again? 

Unfortunately, their incredible reputation and growing popularity means we all don't get that short turnaround time anymore. I'm expecting to wait 3+ weeks for this club. I'm also expecting to absolutely love it. 

Edited by Rob33
Typo

M4 9.5° / M4 3HL wood 16.5° / M4 5HL wood 21°

Sub70 699 pro black 4-PW

Callaway Mack Daddy CB 50°/54°/58°

Tommy armour impact Series 3 original 33"

Just ordered a demo of the 699's. Can't wait.  A buddy of my is letting use his PXG's 0211's. I hit those yesterday along with my current set of XHot's. Didn't notice much of difference and actually preferred my Xhots over the PXG's.  I'll hit them both again, but really looking forward to getting the Sub 70's. 

I spoke to Mark from Sub 70 and he was great, answered all my "what if" questions. I haven't hit these clubs yet and they are the front runner new sticks. 

Sub 70 949 D 9* HZRUDS 60G 6.5 smoke RDX shaft. 

Sub 70 949X 4 wood ALDILA ABV 65-S shaft

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

Callaway 56 and 58 wedge. 

OG White Hot #1 putter

4 minutes ago, JFish350 said:

Just ordered a demo of the 699's. Can't wait.  A buddy of my is letting use his PXG's 0211's. I hit those yesterday along with my current set of XHot's. Didn't notice much of difference and actually preferred my Xhots over the PXG's.  I'll hit them both again, but really looking forward to getting the Sub 70's. 

I spoke to Mark from Sub 70 and he was great, answered all my "what if" questions. I haven't hit these clubs yet and they are the front runner new sticks. 

curious how they work for you. I like my 0211s (2019 version) now that my swing has gotten better but now I am not holding greens as well with the dry conditions and more pured shots. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

Just now, rbsiedsc said:

curious how they work for you. I like my 0211s (2019 version) now that my swing has gotten better but now I am not holding greens as well with the dry conditions and more pured shots. 

So my friend who let me use these bought a set Srixon's for the same reason you stated. 

The 0211s are ok but just don't feel right to me. 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

36 minutes ago, rbsiedsc said:

Most likely will be at Tualatin Island Greens a couple days next week if your interested in trying these out? 

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter

16 hours ago, JFish350 said:

Most likely will be at Tualatin Island Greens a couple days next week if your interested in trying these out? 

Love that place! That's my go to range to take the kiddo's when mom's at work!

Ping G430 Max 9* turned up to 10* in draw setting X-Stiff Ping Tour Chrome 2.0 60

Srixon ZX 3w Ventus Velocore Blue 7s

Ping G425 5w X-Stiff Ping Tour 70 

Srixon ZX5 4-6 Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

Srixon ZX& 7-PW  Modus Tour 105 Stiff 

:cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore 50* 54* 58* TrueTemper Dynamic Gold Spinner

See the source image Phantom X5 Putter

Ball: Srixon Z-Star Diamond <>

13 minutes ago, twyatt700 said:

Love that place! That's my go to range to take the kiddo's when mom's at work!

Probably seen you there. It's awesome seeing parents bring their kids out. yesterday there a mom with a 5 and 3 year old. she was letting the 5 year old have fun and hit balls. I wanted to help him out, but thought he's having fun and that's all that matters at this point.  

Sub 70 699 Pro 4-AW 

Sub 70 3 utility 19*

OG White Hot #1 putter