Sub 70 Golf

1 hour ago, Larryd3 said:

I'm using the 58* JB low bounce for full shots now and really enjoying it.  As I noted in another post above, once the course softens up, might need to go to a higher bounce wedge but for now, the JB is a great wedge.  Was playing Vokey SM8 previously and still have the 54* vokey in the bag.  It's higher bounce so I've got choices now.  

I'm pretty sold on the concept of a high bounce sand wedge and a low bounce lob wedge... I don't always think through which bounce I need for the shot, but it's been interesting to think about my wedges as more than just the loft on the club... I've been grinding my short game due to a back injury, so I've spent way too much time thinking about this stuff.

• Like 2

Mavrik 9 degree - Ventus Black 7X

Mavrik 13.5 Degree - Hazardus Smoke

Sub70 19 degree - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 4u - Proforce V2 8F5

Sub70 5i - DG S400

Adams CMB 6-GW - Project X 6.0

Sub70 54 (286) and 58 (JB Low Bounce) - S300

SeeMore Trimetal Mallet (Custom fit and built... Kudos to Cody)

And as always, Kudos to Craigers.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I was scared... I bought a full 4-pw 699 set and pulled the trigger on the 699 Pro 2i. Played a few rounds and plenty of range time with them and loved the results. But one day at the range I was h

My order arrived this morning. Very impressive considering I ordered Friday and Monday was a bank holiday. Love the little extras in the box as well. Superb service. Now I can't wait to finish work an

Sure, come into a thread and actually explain things about the clubs that you make instead of relying on my vague descriptions and terrible pictures...

Posted Images

On 5/9/2021 at 6:20 PM, lefty2010 said:

Here’s a picture of the entire bag!

C377DAFD-22A1-46F9-B31D-8ACA415D6057.jpeg

Sharp looking bag! How do you like the fairways? Boy do I like the look of those JB's also.

• Like 1

Driver: Taylormade Sim (Diamana S Limited S Flex)

Fairway: Mizuno ST200ts 15* (Tensei Blue X Flex)

Utility: Sub 70 699u 17* 2 iron (Proforce V2 S Flex) / Sub 70 699u Pro 19.5* 3 iron (Hzrdus Smoke 6.0)

Irons: Mizuno MP 25 4-PW (Project X S Flex)

Wedges: 50* & 54* RTX 4 Raw, 60* Callaway PM Grind

Putter: Tommy Armour Habanero

Ball: Maxfli Tour X

I was considering/debating going with Sub70 before reading this thread but what I'm seeing here has me sold.  Thanks for all the inciteful input from everyone.

@GolfSub70 I will be giving you guys a call tomorrow!!

• Like 8

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrid

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 3-P :Nippon:Zelos 8 stiff shafts

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

3 hours ago, IDontGiveAchuck said:

I was considering/debating going with Sub70 before reading this thread but what I'm seeing here has me sold.  Thanks for all the inciteful input from everyone.

You want regret that decision! Quality, price, & customer service is awesome!

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge EXS

3 wood: Tour Edge HL4 

Utility Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth

Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth 15

Wedges: Ben Hogan Equalizer

putter: Odyssey Triple Track TeN 

Love every product by Sub 70. Mike, Jay, and their CEO Jason are some of the best in the business. They will ensure you get the best fitting, best performing clubs in your hands. 

• Like 3

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue Stiff

3 Wood: :Sub70: 939 x 15 deg. UST Proforce Black V2 7F4 stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons 4-PW  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

9 hours ago, NotBrian said:

Sharp looking bag! How do you like the fairways? Boy do I like the look of those JB's also.

They’re solid! Long, forgiving for a pro model & easy to hit & launch into the air off the turf. I prefer the 5 wood over the hybrid. 

• Like 3

Driver: Tour Edge EXS

3 wood: Tour Edge HL4 

Utility Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth

Irons: Ben Hogan FT Worth 15

Wedges: Ben Hogan Equalizer

putter: Odyssey Triple Track TeN 

Almost makes you want to get them just to see what happens.

• Like 3

Driver: :callaway-small: Epic Flash SZ with Tensei Orange Pro S (1" tipped) at 44.5"

2H: :callaway-small: Super Hybrid with Tensei Orange Pro Hyb 80 Stiff 

3H: :Sub70: 939X UST proforce V2 black F3 hybrid soft stepped XStiff UPRT setting 

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 1/4" long Unofficial Review

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)  (Backup 54*,60*: :ping-small:  S Tour KBS Tour Stiff 3* up)

Putter: :taylormade-small: Corza Ghost 35" ( Benched :odyssey-small: Toulon Las Vegas Stroke Lab  34") Soon to be testing TAIII Impact #2 Putter

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

:Arccos:

1 hour ago, rbsiedsc said:

Almost makes you want to get them just to see what happens.

I watched this and it only makes me want the TAIII irons even more. They really seemed to perform well and they seemed to sound a bit better as well. Am I good enough to play them probably not but we all know that's not going to stop the dreaming.

• Like 4

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

42 minutes ago, ejgaudette said:

I watched this and it only makes me want the TAIII irons even more. They really seemed to perform well and they seemed to sound a bit better as well. Am I good enough to play them probably not but we all know that's not going to stop the dreaming.

They aren't that bad and are fairly forgiving. I have been surprised by their performance in the players iron testing.   In my opinion just as good as anything else in the test.   

• Like 4

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15* set  to 16.5* w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 816H1 19* set at 18* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  21*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
               :titelist-small: 915H 24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 54-14, 58-12
Putter:  Bellum Winmore 787

Backups:  :bobby-grace-1: 6330, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

They aren't that bad and are fairly forgiving. I have been surprised by their performance in the players iron testing.   In my opinion just as good as anything else in the test.   

Ok everyone needs to stop this I have already wondered how much my irons might sell for (not enough got some nice dings in them) many times today.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS Review

:cobra-small: SZ Extreme 9° HZRDUS Smoke Green 60g 6.5 | :taylormade-small: '07 Burner 15° Reax 50 Stiff 

:titelist-small: 816 H1 18° Fujikura Speeder HB 8.8 Stiff | :titelist-small: 816 H1 21° Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff

:ping-small:  I500 5 - UW Red Dot Dynamic Gold S300 | :Hogan: Equalizer 52° / 56° KBS Tour V 110 Stiff

:cleveland-small:  SOFT 11S Super Stroke Mid-Slim 2.0 | :ping-small: Hoofer Bag | :bridgestone-small: Tour BX | Right Handed

:SuperSpeed: Follow My Super Speed Progress Here 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 3:26 PM, IDontGiveAchuck said:

Well it took a little longer than it should have to call them (stupid life issues!!) but I finally pulled the trigger.  Shane @GolfSub70 was a tremendous help and was great to talk to and listened to my ramblings.  Thanks Shane.

I shall soon have a new set of 699's headed my way.  Can't wait.  First new set of irons since the turn of the century!! 🤣

• Like 7

Just tap it in.  Lil' taparoo.

:honma: TW747 460 10.5° Vizard stiff

:adams-small: Hybrid

:ping-small: Eye2 Irons 3-P :Nippon:Zelos 8 stiff shafts

:cleveland-small: Tour Action 54°/58°

:taylormade-small: Spider Interactive

Posted (edited)

I know I'm late to this post, but my son has had the 939x hybrid and fairway for 6+ months and they perform as good as any other properly fit hybrid/fairway, but at a much lower cost.  The paint on the soles has worn faster than big OEM clubs, but it's not something you see at address or has any role in performance.  We may pick up a 4h or 4 utility for him in the near future.

I like the look of 699 irons, but they aren't the style iron I prefer to play and I can't stand the fish scale milling on all the others.  It looks especially bad to me when on the same head as straight milled lines. 

Edited by crw
  • Like 2

Sun Mountain 4.5 LS 14-way / Cobra F9 PX HZRDUS Black 65 6.5 / Srixon Z F85 PX HZRDUS Black 75 6.5 / Srixon Z H85 19* MCA Tensei CK Pro White 90 TX / SRIXON Z965 4-PW DG TI X100 / Cleveland RTX-4 50,54,60 DG TI S400 / Cleveland 2016 HB #1

• 3 weeks later...

I have one range session and one round of golf with my new Sub 70 3+ wood. I want to take it to Toptracer to compare to my Ping driver, but from feel on the course, I was not losing much when pulling the 3 wood. That has always been my "fairway finder"...

I ordered a Hybrid 6 iron, to fill in a gap, so a second Sub 70 is on the way...

• Like 2

Smokey Joe