TESTERS WANTED! ×

GOLFTEC Club Fitting

Theslomo

• 1 month later...

About a year ago I got fitted for a new set of irons from the nearest Golf Tec, which happens to be in Ft Collins, Co 145 miles away.  I called in advance, Had a nice conversation with one of the coaches.  He set me up with "resident club guru/geek" for an iron fitting cost was $125.00.  I had never been properly fit for any of my clubs so it was all a new experience.  I had an absolute blast.  Alex, my fitter was very knowledgeable, I hit balls for at least 1.5 hours.  We went through a lot of different head/shaft combinations.  You could see the numbers for launch, spin, & decent angle just keep getting better as he eliminated things that would not work. I ended up purchasing a new set of Mizuno 919 HM Pro with Steel Fiber shafts.  I love the new clubs and my elbow doesn't hurt when I play.

Maybe I got lucky

Hope this helps

Bill

Driver: Ping G410+
Fairway Wood: Ping G425 (x2)  
Hyrbrid: Mizuno CLK 
Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 HM Pro
Wedges: Ping Glide 2.0  50*, 54*, and 58*
Putter: Ping Fetch 2021
Ball: Snell MTB-X

I am a big fan of GolfTec, but more specifically the individual coach I work with.  I tell everyone that goes to GolfTec, find the website specific to the location you're going to, and you should be able to locate the bios of the coaches there.  If you simply call and ask for a fitting, you'll get someone randomly assigned, but if you review their bios you can at least get an idea of their credentials and then specifically ask for that person when you call.

Also, one other thing to be aware of...some places will apply the cost of the fitting to the club purchase if you buy from them.  GolfTec doesn't.  Just something to consider.  I got fit for my 919's through them last time out and I had a great experience.

Good luck!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

• 5 months later...
On 10/18/2020 at 7:08 PM, Theslomo said:

Has anyone gotten Club Fitted from GOLF TEC. There is a location in Colma, California and I am interested in how much they charge and your experience.

Did you get a fitting there, was looking at GolfTec recently also and would be interested in hearing about your experience if you did go there.

Swing is in progress 🙂

No, I have not gotten fitted yet. I am looking for people around here if anyone has. Its $125 instead of $150 from Clubchampions. Also if you are going to purchase clubs from them they will waive the fitting fee. Not like Clubchampion.

I used to coach The First Tee of San Francisco

8 hours ago, Theslomo said:

No, I have not gotten fitted yet. I am looking for people around here if anyone has. Its $125 instead of $150 from Clubchampions. Also if you are going to purchase clubs from them they will waive the fitting fee. Not like Clubchampion.

I don't think there is anything wrong with a GolfTec fitting as fitting largely comes down to the fitter.  The big difference between CC and GolfTec is that GolfTec will fit you into clubs that stock or upcharge options from the manufacturer;  CC will fit you into any combination they offer.  There are advantages and drawbacks to each.   That said,  I believe that pretty much every golfer can be reasonably well fit into any manufacturers offerings. 

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

4 hours ago, cnosil said:

I don't think there is anything wrong with a GolfTec fitting as fitting largely comes down to the fitter.  The big difference between CC and GolfTec is that GolfTec will fit you into clubs that stock or upcharge options from the manufacturer;  CC will fit you into any combination they offer.  There are advantages and drawbacks to each.   That said,  I believe that pretty much every golfer can be reasonably well fit into any manufacturers offerings. 

Agreed; only thing I’d add is GOLFTEC is limited to Mizuno, Titleist, TM, Callaway and Ping.  If you’re pining for Cobra, Srixon, Honma, anything else, GOLFTEC ain’t the ticket...

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 6 S, 65g Stiff

FW: :titleist-small: TSR2 3w, 15,  :Fuji:Ventus Blue 7 S, 70g Stiff

Hybrids:  :callaway-small: Apex Pro 3H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

:taylormade-small: Stealth DHY 4H, :Fuji:Ventus Blue 8 S, 80g Stiff

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS 5-6, SMS Pro 7-PW, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Wedges: :vokey-small:SM9 48 F Grind, 52 F Grind, 56 M Grind, Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff

Putter: :odyssey-small: Sri-Hot 5K Triple Wide, Stroke Lab shaft

Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1

Click here for my HONMA TR20 Official Review!  :honma:

Click here for my Arccos Caddie Bundle Official Review!   :Arccos:

Click here for my Edel SMS & SMS Pro Irons Official Review:edel-golf-1:

14 hours ago, Theslomo said:

There are a number of Club Champion threads here - one of the forum members said that they did not charge him since he bought the clubs through them. Unfortunately I don't recall the specific post or the location. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

6 hours ago, cnosil said:

fitting as fitting largely comes down to the fitter. 

Yup. 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

On 5/7/2021 at 5:30 PM, Yepitsme said:

Anyone have experiences with taking lessons from Golftec? I’m interested but I don’t know what to expect. 

yup, had a great experience and helped a lot. I bought a batch of lessons when they first opened the one near me in Rocklin, California. i was able to negotiate since they were new to the area, so i bargained for a 10 pack of lessons, use the bays and turning the last session into a fitting, all for $500. i ended up going every 1-2 weeks and used the bays in between. This let me stretch the lessons out over a few months. That was several years ago, but overall, i had a great experience.

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

• 1 month later...

You got a great deal.  That now is $1225 by me, includes 10-30min lessons, 3 months of practice limited to 90 min per week, and golf fitting for driver or irons.

Driver: Cobra Aerojet 9* Ventus Red 5S shaft

3W: Cobra Aerojet Max 

Cobra LTDx 3H-5H

7-PW Callaway Rogue ST Max Elevate 85 steel shafts

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX zipcore steel 46*, 50*, 54*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Rossie

Ball:  Titleist ProV1 or AVX

• 3 months later...
On 5/7/2021 at 8:30 PM, Yepitsme said:

Anyone have experiences with taking lessons from Golftec? I’m interested but I don’t know what to expect. 

Just catching up on this thread, so prob way late here, but they run promos from time to time for a free swing evaluation .. which gives you a chance to check out their teaching center safe at least one of the coaches there.

As mentioned above, check out the local center web page and the coaches bios .. see if one interests you more.

I firmly believe that good instruction is, yes, partly the quality of the instructor but much more based on good communication .. they need to understand you, what you're asking, your tendencies and capabilities .. save you need to understand them, the "what" of what they're trying to get you to do.

Start with a small plan to get it out; don't be afraid to request another coach if you think you're having difficulty with the first person.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

On 5/1/2021 at 2:28 PM, Getoffmylawn said:

Agreed; only thing I’d add is GOLFTEC is limited to Mizuno, Titleist, TM, Callaway and Ping.  If you’re pining for Cobra, Srixon, Honma, anything else, GOLFTEC ain’t the ticket...

Yes, was gonna add the same thing - they only carry "The Big 5" and their associated shafts; not "everything".

Also note that many smaller DTC companies offer cheap, limited time demo programs.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg