TESTERS WANTED! ×

Replacing my 3 wood

Sandy Koufax

I have been bagging a 15 degree TaylorMade Burner 3 wood for some time now. After over a full season of practicing and playing with the club, I have come to the conclusion that it simply does not fit my game, and have begun doing market research looking for the club's eventual replacement. I will be demoing the following clubs as I search for a replacement:

Titleist 910H, 17 degree 2 hybrid

Cobra Baffler Rail Hybrib, 17 degrees

I would also like to demo an Adams hybrid but to be frank, with six different hybrids in their product line right now, I find the task of picking one a little bit intimidating. I used to play a Cobra Baffler and always had great luck with that club, and I'm very intrigued by Titleist's adjustable technology. Are there any other 2 hybrids or 5 woods I should be hitting before I lay down the cash?

The Germans are only dead, when the coffin is nailed shut

Try looking for an Adams Idea Pro 16*, Titleist 909H 15* or a Cobra Baffler Pro 16* (with a solid black-colored crown and gold Fuji Speeder shaft) on Ebay or a site such as globalgolf.com that sells used clubs. Those have shorter club lengths in the 41" - 41.5" range and will be closer in loft to the 3 wood you intend to replace. I haven't tried it, but you can probably also find a Ping G10 15* hybrid pretty easily on Ebay, and that's supposedly a pretty easy club to hit as well.

I have been bagging a 15 degree TaylorMade Burner 3 wood for some time now. After over a full season of practicing and playing with the club, I have come to the conclusion that it simply does not fit my game, and have begun doing market research looking for the club's eventual replacement. I will be demoing the following clubs as I search for a replacement:

I would also like to demo an Adams hybrid but to be frank, with six different hybrids in their product line right now, I find the task of picking one a little bit intimidating. I used to play a Cobra Baffler and always had great luck with that club, and I'm very intrigued by Titleist's adjustable technology. Are there any other 2 hybrids or 5 woods I should be hitting before I lay down the cash?

I was in the same situation you were a couple months ago. I demoed 4 woods, 5 woods, and 2 hybrids. All around 17* - 19* degrees. I ended up with the Ping G15 4 wood.

I recommend you demo these clubs as well:

Fairway Woods: G15 4 and 5 woods, Cobra Baffler Rail 5 wood, Cleveland FL 5 wood.

Hybrids: Nike Machspeed 2 hybrid, Cleveland Mashie 2 hybrid

Good Luck!

Driver:  Titleist 915D2 9.5* (Set at 10.25*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Fairway:  TaylorMade Aeroburner Black 16.5* HL w/ Matrix Rul-Z 
Hybrids:  Titleist 915H 18*(Set at 19.5*) w/ Diamana S+ Blue
Irons:  Mizuno JPX Fli-Hi (4 Iron) w/ Graphite Design Aura Blue
            Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (5-9) w/ True Temper XP 105
Wedges:  Mizuno JPX-850 Forged (PW 45*) w/ True Temper XP 105
                 Mizuno MP-R12 (50*, 54*, 58*) w/ DG Spinner
Putter:  Scotty Cameron Select GoLo S

Balls:  Callaway Chrome Soft / TaylorMade Project (a)
Bag:  OGIO Chamber
Shoes:  Nike TW '15

Interesting how we do a dance.

I'm looking for a burner 3 wood and am bagging a V steel only in the meantime as I have not yet found one that suits me. ;)

Shambles

Ha, I've been thinking of switching to a 15* Burner 3-Wood as well, but I did hit my 15* SuperHybrid beautifully today. . .

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived