Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Titliest 910 adapter removal and install

I'm looking to purchase a Titleist 910F-d 3-wood and probably a 910H in the future, but I'm going to be using a different shaft that I would like to install, but I have no idea how to remove the adapter and then re-intall it. Anybody have directions?

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Easiest method? Get a coffee cup and fill it with hot tap water. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and insert the tip into the coffee cup and let stand for 2 minutes, completely submerged. Remove and slide the ferrule up enough to get your shaft puller on the tip. Pull like any other shaft and then slide the ferrule off. You want to save the ferrule unless you plan on purchasing a new ferrule from Billy Bob's golf, which they're the only company that's thus far replicated the collar the ferrule requires exactly. Once you get the tip off, simply install the shaft of your choosing in the desired play at orientation.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Easiest method? Get a coffee cup and fill it with hot tap water. Put it in the microwave for 30 seconds. Remove and insert the tip into the coffee cup and let stand for 2 minutes, completely submerged. Remove and slide the ferrule up enough to get your shaft puller on the tip. Pull like any other shaft and then slide the ferrule off. You want to save the ferrule unless you plan on purchasing a new ferrule from Billy Bob's golf, which they're the only company that's thus far replicated the collar the ferrule requires exactly. Once you get the tip off, simply install the shaft of your choosing in the desired play at orientation.

The ferrule comes off easy when immersed for a bit in hot water, but if you leave it too long, it expands too much and you now have a problem of an over sized ferrule. Try to move the ferrule as soon as possible.

Shambles

The ferrule comes off easy when immersed for a bit in hot water, but if you leave it too long, it expands too much and you now have a problem of an over sized ferrule. Try to move the ferrule as soon as possible.

Shambles

Never had that problem, and I've pulled and reinstalled over 100 of these. That said, I also have my hot water heater set at 135 degrees and the water gets to 150-155 degrees when in the microwave for that amount of time. Hot tap water is sometimes enough, but I prefer to use the microwave to be on the safe side.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Never had that problem, and I've pulled and reinstalled over 100 of these. That said, I also have my hot water heater set at 135 degrees and the water gets to 150-155 degrees when in the microwave for that amount of time. Hot tap water is sometimes enough, but I prefer to use the microwave to be on the safe side.

There are a lot of club pros in my part of the world that can move a ferrule without changing the size. Unfortunately I am not one of them and have a long history of struggle in reusing ferrules, which is why I only work on my own clubs. :)

Shambles

How can I get the ferrule to stay in place. It takes about three range session on hot days to get a good size gap between the ferrule and the sure fit hosel. I can easily warm up the ferrule in hot water and push it back down, but it always creeps back up. I've tried using a toothpick to apply glue (two part stuff and superglue on another occasion) before I slide it back down, but that doesn't work. The dang thing always creeps back up.

I spy with my little eye something...

The best way I've found is to slide it up enough to prep about 3/16"-1/4" of the shaft (ie remove the paint). Epoxy than section as well as the cup where the collar seats and slide the ferrule down to let it dry.

In The Bag

Archived