Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

What are the odds?

Tomorrow is my first game in over 3 months due to lockdown. Have not even swung a club during that time. So I am on the first tee, here is what I believe are the odds of where I think it will go.

.02% Straight

39% Right - My default is to aim right unconsciously

60.8% Left - Usual bad swing is out to in.

Grabbed a few used balls as the course has lots of water and deep rough.

The good news is that we are not yet allowed to play comps so no pressure, just lots of laughs.

Will let you know.

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001

Take a deep breath and hit that sucker smooth, and then hold your finish, and smile. Gotta be able to have fun and laugh at yourself sometimes .

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

WITB

Driver: :srixon-small: Z785 , Hazardous 6.0 (Normal)

3 Wood: :srixon-small: F85 @ 13.5* Hazardous Red 6.0 (Stiff)

Driving Iron/Utility: :srixon-small: ZU85 2iron @ 18*

Irons: 5-PW, :cleveland-small: 588CB w/ TT S300's  (Stiff)

Wedge: :cleveland-small: RTX4 Satin, 50*/Mid, 56*/Mid and 60*/Low

Putter: :cleveland-small:Portofino

Bag: :srixon-small: Stand Bag

15 minutes ago, Firebird said:

Tomorrow is my first game in over 3 months due to lockdown. Have not even swung a club during that time. So I am on the first tee, here is what I believe are the odds of where I think it will go.

.02% Straight

The good news is that we are not yet allowed to play comps so no pressure, just lots of laughs.

Will let you know.

My experience from long layoffs (I used to travel a lot) is that the body doesn't do what it always used to do, and the mind has no expectations.  The result is the long game actually works pretty well... for 9 holes of so.  Then I would revert back to my usual shots.

However, the short game was always trash for a couple of days.

Good luck and have fun!!

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

3 hours ago, Firebird said:

.02% Straight

Will let you know.o

Some of my best rounds have been after a long break.  i thinks its because i go with zero expectations and stay out of my own head.

Driver:  :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik Max 9° neutral weight setting - Shaft: Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60S, length 44.75"

Wood:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 3 wood 13° - Shaft: (Stock) Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65 Graphite

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: Cobra King SZ 19°-21° - Shaft: (Stock) UST Recoil 480 ESX F4

Irons: :cobra-small: 5-PW Cobra King SZ - Shaft: Nippon N.S. Pro Modus3 Tour 105

Wedges: :vokey-small: Titleist Vokey SM8 54°, 58° - Shaft: (Stock) Wedge Flex

Putter:  :scotty-small: Scotty Cameron X12, length 34"

:Clicgear: Rovic RV1S

3 hours ago, Kenny B said:

My experience from long layoffs (I used to travel a lot) is that the body doesn't do what it always used to do, and the mind has no expectations.  The result is the long game actually works pretty well... for 9 holes of so.  Then I would revert back to my usual shots.

However, the short game was always trash for a couple of days.

Good luck and have fun!!

I'm the same way. That first round my expectations are very low and I'm not thinking too hard about trying to fix whatever swing issue I have because it hasn't presented itself yet.

18 hours ago, Malaka said:

Take a deep breath and hit that sucker smooth, and then hold your finish, and smile. Gotta be able to have fun and laugh at yourself sometimes emoji6.png.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

I would recommend to @Firebird to not hold back. Swing as if you have been playing and practicing the whole time. Hesitation causes me problems so, I swing away despite no practice with better results. 

There is no such thing as muscle memory - only conditioning. Our brain is the memory. 

Golf is simple - people are complicated.

5w Taylormade SLDR S 19* - 220yd, Ping G2 5-U - 190-105, Maltby M+ 54* & MG 60* - 95-75, Evnroll ER8, Titleist 816 H1 4h 21*, Maltby 4 Hybrid Iron 24* - 210-200, Callaway XR16 8* - 235 carry

886809507_image1(5).jpeg.56bc697c3b02b1fb00feb8d4b66389bc~2.jpeg

19 hours ago, Firebird said:

.02% Straight

Will let you know.

Just have fun and swing, enjoy the start of a new season! It snowed here Saturday night and all day yesterday, and I got what is likely my final round of the year in on Sunday morning in just above freezing temps, so already missing it.

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero,10°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3W: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 15°, Aldila Rogue Silver 70X

3H: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Sub Zero, 18°, KBS Tour Hybrid 75S

4i-PW: :callaway-logo-1: Mavrik Pro, +1°, True Temper Elevate Tour S, Standard Lie

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM8 - 50°/12F, 54°/14F, 58°/14K

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Special Select Squareback 2, 35"

Ball: :Snell:MTB-X

Shock, horror, amazement .02% - I hit it straight down the middle and overall played ok. Only lost 3 balls of which 2 were ones I found. Mind you we realised after having to wait 15 min on 12 that we should have picked a shorter course, 6500m (7150yds) as by the time we finished we had walk 9.7km. When we got up from the seat on 12 everything had started to stiffen which is not good when you have a 185m/203y par 3 over water - goodbye TP5x I found.

Boy did I feel it when I finished. Sore back, shoulders, feet and absolutely stuffed.

Was great to be out playing again, it was a nice birthday present.

Now we look forward to Saturday.

Edited by Firebird

Callaway Epic Flash 9 Degree

Callaway Epic Flash 3 wood 15 Degree

Callaway Apex 21 Hybrid 19 Degree

Callaway Steelhead Pro 4-AW Irons

Cleveland 54 Degree Wedge Steel Shaft

Recoil Graphite Shafts in all Callaway

Cobra Vintage Series Stingray 40

Preferred ball - Seed 001